[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Georgia police officer tells woman 'we only kill black people'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 0

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/08/31/georgia-police-officer-tells-woman-we-only-kill-black-people-camera/623283001/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnation-topstories

>A Georgia police officer was fired for telling a woman during a traffic stop that police “only kill black people.”

>Dash cam footage shows Cobb County police Lt. Greg Abbott standing outside of a vehicle during a DUI stop last year.

>The officer asked the nervous woman to grab her cellphone, but she said she was afraid to move her hands because she “just seen way too many videos of cops.”

>That’s when the 28-year police veteran interrupted her.

>“But you’re not black,” Abbott can be heard saying in the video. “Remember, we only kill black people. Yeah, we only kill black people, right? All of the videos you’ve seen, have you seen the black people get killed? You have.”

>The incident happened in July 2016 but came to light Wednesday after a TV station in Atlanta requested the footage.

>Announcing his decision to fire Abbott on Thursday, Police Chief Mike Register remarked that “there’s really no place for these types of comments in law enforcement.”

>Speaking at a news conference, Register added, “I feel that no matter what context you try to take those comments in, the statements were inexcusable and inappropriate. They’re not indicative of the values that I’m trying to instill within the Cobb County police department and that I believe the county holds.”

>Register said he’s known Abbott for many years and has known him to be an honorable man. The report from the internal review indicates that Abbott was trying to be sarcastic and to address the situation as he perceived it, Register said.

>“He made a mistake,” Register said. “I don’t know what’s in his heart but I certainly know what came out of his mouth. It’s inexcusable.”
>>
>Abbott’s attorney, Lance LoRusso, says the officer’s comments must be viewed as a whole.

>“He was attempting to de-escalate a situation involving an uncooperative passenger,” LoRusso told The Washington Post. “In context, his comments were clearly aimed at attempting to gain compliance by using the passenger’s own statements and reasoning to avoid making an arrest.”

>An attorney who represented the driver in the DUI case called the video shocking.

>“I heard that, and I cringed,” said Suri Chadha Jimenez. “The reality is, to us minorities, there is a real fear when you’re pulled over. He thought it was a joke, but it’s not a joke to many people.”

>Several social media users took to Twitter to share similar thoughts.
>>
>>173953
Based cop mocks liberal bullshit.
Gets fired.
Liberals see it as a victory.
Literally digging their own grave.
>>173953
>>
>>174121
Woman express concern that following instructions might get her shot if the officer is not aware she will be reaching in her purse..
Officer diffuses tension with racist joke.
American right sees it as normal.
Literally baffling
>>
>>174127
>jokes are forbidden

the fact that you somehow think this is some great crime is telling.
>>
I live in Atlanta and am familiar with the Cobb County police. Cobb county PD are just like the rest of the over militarized, over paid, over ingratiated, suburban PDs comprising under educated, redneck fucks who play the victim even though they're the ones driving the discount fucking TANKS to stop shop lifting at the outlet mall.

Fuck them. I hope this guy never gets a job again. Fucking douchebag.
>>
>>174140
t. unemployed liberal arts degree
>>
>>174137
>>174141
Well then, gainfully employed upright citizens, the next time HR asks you a question, tell a few jokes.

Make it about embezzlement, but don't forget to implicate yourself in it. Give it a satirical spin about unfair compensation.

If they take their job seriously, that's some deep shit you're in. But maybe if you're buddy-buddy it's cool. But if that conversation goes, that's even deeper shit. Because the shareholders are going to find out. And embezzlement represents a very real threat to their investments. The value of the firm would nosedive if it got out that embezzlement is even tolerated.

Then imagine some contrarian on the internet gets upset at them for even holding an investigation into the matter. As if they're supposed to know that it's all just cool and you didn't mean any harm by it. That's not how the world works.
>>
>>174143
goes public*

So imagine that it gets around that not only you implicated yourself in embezzlement, but the HR is too by being buddy-buddy with you. The HR, which is supposed to represent something of a regulatory force within the firm, tolerates this notion. Nobody would want anything to do with your firm. Nobody but the same kind of diehard that still places trust in banks like wells-fargo, even after they've repeatedly been caught for scamming customers.

Imagine if you were talking to a Wells-Fargo teller and expressed some concern when they bring up conditions for a checking account. Don't worry, they laugh. We don't do that to checking accounts. Shit man, that's your money at stake. It's a real concern. And he's just laughing you off.
>>
>>174143
he isn't implicating himself at all, you dunderhead.

he is making light of the fact that there are people out there that actually believe that he is some trigger-happy monster who preferentially targets people because of the color of their skin, which he believes is ridiculous because he knows his own motives and the motives of his comrades and that is not included anywhere in them.

this is not even really a racist joke at all- it targets no one's race, just the ideology of rampant police-hate.

but i guess go ahead and act like this small incident of wrongthink is somehow a crime against humanity or something
>>
>>174147
>the fact that there are people out there that actually believe that he is some trigger-happy monster who preferentially targets people because of the color of their skin
What you don't get scared when you get pulled over?

Have you been stopped since castile was shot?

It feels different to me now. I'm afraid to reach in my pockets even when the cop says to. Luckily, the cop that pulled me over was aware of this. Not like the psycho in op.
>>
>>174147
>wrongthink
hardly. Dark humor is often a practice of moral evaluation. Dead babies weren't funny to me when I was 14, not because I liked the concept of dead babies, but because it was edgy. And it challenged, in a totally exaggerated way, the sanctity of life my peers and I were so constantly lectured on. It challenged the idea of people being ethical blank slates that have to be ruthlessly taught. And if something is funny because it's awful, you already take it as awful. If something is funnier because it's worse, you're establishing an ethical scale through humor.

But if you're giving a natural birth and the kid's throat is gift-wrapped with the umbilical cord, dead baby jokes aren't the kind of shit that's appropriate to the situation. Because you have no guarantee that this person you don't know is just making light, or is a genuine sociopath. Especially if allegations have been going around that a nurse is under investigation for infanticide.

That sort of collective moral exercise can only take place in people who have established trust in one anther's moral principle. Because it takes a level of removal from the situation it addresses not to have emotional weight. And a person's adherence to that emotional weight is the basis on which we use to trust them not to be a complete psycho.

So
>hey you're not gonna kill me
>haha no we only do that to black people
Is an actual fuck up. He isn't her friend. He isn't even her collegue. He pulled her over and made no effort to address her concerns, needlessly antagonizing her because guess what: A job that requires you to gain compliance from people is a job that requires social skills. You don't have those, you aren't fit to work that job.
>>
I can't even begin to imagine the level of autism/social retardation that this cop and anybody who dindus for him are at.
>>
COP FIRED FOR TELLING TRUTH
>>
>>174127
>Officer diffuses tension with racist joke.
Yes? What's the problem with that? Fucking american cunts with their heads up their arses. A joke is a joke, it doesn't matter if its offensive or not.
>>
>>174121
>>174137
>>174203
The representant of thelaw have the duty to behave in a way thatis respectful of all citizens.
>>
>>174147
>he isn't implicating himself at all, you dunderhead.
Yes he fucking is. He is literally saying he won't shoot her because she is not black. You fdeaf.
>>
>>174221
Being offensive doesn't mean there is a lack of respect. Making racist jokes doesn't mean there is a lack of respect for niggers. It's a fucking joke, it's contextual. He was being sarcastic because of the idiot in the car. Bloody Americans.
>>
>>174226

Yeah, fine, but repeating the line ad nauseum makes it seem more like less of a joke and more like an actual belief.

Also, fuck off with your 'it was only a joke' bullshit. You have no idea if it was or not and you're just trying to find some way to make this guy look innocent.
>>
>>173953
The dude was made a scape goat/sacraficial lamb......NAACP /BLM got the blood they wanted....

And for all the cop haters....police are what they are....some good, some bad.....most a mix and just what I would say is normal.....so for you geniuses that want police marginalized and defanged, what are your alternatives? Do you think any civilization without strong authoritative laws is a utopia? Do you really believe gangs, warlords & militias won't seize local power?

This isn't a romantic movie. No fairy tales with happy endings. There are no successful societies with negroes in charge. No, not one. But Haiti is a great example, negroes would rather live in hell than suffer white, asian, or hispanic rule......

So gloat while you still can, of this poor foolish officers problem.....it will soon be all our problem....
>>
>>174241
Come now, if you cant recognize it to be a joke you've either got a mental disorder or are waaay too butthurt.
>>
>>174127
I don't see what was won't with it.
>>
>>174226
>Being offensive doesn't mean there is a lack of respect. Making racist jokes doesn't mean there is a lack of respect for niggers. It's a fucking joke, it's contextual. He was being sarcastic because of the idiot in the car. Bloody Americans.
OK but since a large portion of ladies are sensitive it makes sense to have as a general rule that public servants shouldn't make crude comments to avoid ruffling their feathers.
>>
>>174246
Define authoritative laws, because in this country it is perfectly possible to wind up in jail for something as trivial as hiring a prostitute or having some weed on you. I don't think the sky would come crashing down if those things weren't the case.
>>
>>174353
False equivalence argument sir. Play word games if you want. We all know the deal.

If you want liberalistic government why don't you go to England or France....they are trying very interesting social experiments these days.....
>>
>>174364
Also, i am for legalizing marijuana and prostitution, The thing is, to point to specific laws we like or don't like is not working on the right problem...the real issues are a subversion of rule of law and a marginalization of the sovereign nation state......
>>
>>174365
A nation which holds its police to no standards becomes a junta as quick as any power void.

Accountability is not marginalization. The justice system of America was designed to accept and integrate challenges.
>>
>>174364
No I don't actually "know the deal" as you put it. Lots of things are against the law and not all of them are things that really need to be.
>>
>>174121
I understand what he meant by "We only kill black people, remember?", but it was still extremely unprofessional and tone-deaf.
>>
>>174382
Then get them changed through legislation, troll. Or vote and be a part of a democratic process.

There is no place in the modern American Society for armed and violent insurrection. Remember the Civil War? We are in a cold civil war now.

When antifa attacks the cops is that not attack on us all? We are talking about honest Cops, not corrupt ones. But I have a feeling there is no convincing you. Ever hear of cognitive dissonance? Go look it up if you don't. If you do then your part of the problem.
>>
>>174375
Never said a thing about unregulated Law Enforcement. How much accountability do the police forces have? I would say a lot. There is no shortage of lawyers ready to sue at the slightest provocation, as there is also a lot of overbite committees.....Do you know what you as a tax payer spend to train your local police officers or deputies. Its a lot of money.....

What We are speaking of is liberal/antifa/deep state/BLM/CAIR/SPLC/illuminati trying to control narratives against this country, the police, the military, traditional authority, and rule of law.

Y'all are playing games till, it would appear.....sad.
>>
>>174393
I'm not arguing for attacking cops here though. Just saying that police are not universally deserving of support from the public just because of their jobs.

Furthermore,
>>get it changed through legislation
Yeah good luck with that, our political system is designed to make change a practical impossibility within any sort of reasonable timeframe if you don't have a lot of money or overwhelming popular support behind you.
>>
>>174140
Daily reminder these are the people cops wake up every morning not knowing if they will come home for.
>>
>>174394
>What We are speaking of is liberal/antifa/deep state/BLM/CAIR/SPLC/illuminati trying to control narratives against this country
No we are talking about apolicean saying he only kill black people. Which is somehting an officer of the law should never tell.

Refusing to lay blames that are due blames because "it would make liberal happy" is a stupid logic one should never fall in.
>>
>>174203
Please make some racist jokes with your boss/customers and tell us how it goes. Bonus points if you work a job beyond pleb/ditch digger tier.
>>
>>174394
Do you know how many cops actually get convicted? Very few. Most prosecutors are heisted to bring charges against cops beyond civil because that fucks them in the long term.

Another factor is police unions which fight tooth and nail for a cop even if they have a horrible history. And of course there is the blue wall where cops don't say shit about each other.

In America cops are pretty much a protected class that requires a lot of work to actually get anything more than a slap on the wrist.
>>
>>174456
Bartenders die on the job more often than police officers but I don't see you licking their non-slip boots.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.