[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If these bycicles are so much faster and comfortable why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: fe.png (435KB, 1094x700px) Image search: [Google]
fe.png
435KB, 1094x700px
If these bycicles are so much faster and comfortable why people dont use them?
>>
Maneuverability, visibility. Try hopping a curb, weaving around an obstacle and not getting run over.
>>
look like a twat
>>
Is it true that a guy won the Tour de France with one and the UCI fags got so butthurt they sued the guy that created them?
>>
Recumbent riders are the most insufferable cunts on any cycling forum. Such a huge chip on their shoulders about their superior design they really should get a cargo bike to haul it.
>>
>>1104051
because it's faster and more comfortable only if you're riding in a straight line.
Riding a bike is never entirely riding in a straight line.

try weaving it around cars when you can't see whats ahead of you.
>>
>>1104060
Why wouldnt you be able to see ahead of you? They arent that low
>>
>>1104051
I've ridden one and its not the same level of control. Can't really weave between cars on those things. Otherwise they're pretty fun for riding straight, flat trails. I wonder if an off-road variant is feasible
>>
They're not really made for cities, but rather for countryside rides or commutes. I owned multiple recumbents and would avoid cities at any cost.

They're are comfortable, but you have to watch out for your knees. You can put much more stress on your knees with recumbents because you can push back against the seat. Inexperienced riders will often hurt their knees because they use too much strength to get starting. A recumbent is all about getting a high cadence. That being said, I could travel much farther distances with the recumbent than on a standard bike, and it was less tiresome.

Recumbents are faster than cruisers, but not all recumbents are faster than roadbikes. There are some very heavy old models with inefficient drivetrains. But the Bachetta in your pic will definitely outrun a normal roadie in anything but the city, or exceptional hills.

You get a lot of looks if you're on a recumbent. I think young teenagers are the worst. It's considered very dorky here. But generally I didn't care a lot about it, I even went to college with it.

Eventually I sold the recumbents because I moved into a high rise apartment in the city. I can't leave an expensive recumbent down below or take it with me upwards. And I don't need to travel long distances anymore. I just use an old bike for errands.

When I get my own house I will definitely buy a velomobile though, always wanted one. They are incredibly fun if you have decent cycling infrastructure. Those things allow you to go a lot faster than normal recumbents due to the aerodynamic fairing. Average speeds of 45 kph without any discomfort are very accessible.
>>
>>1104056
Broke records with one, they just banned them after
>>
>>1104081
lower than most passanger cars.
>>
>>1104086
>I wonder if an off-road variant is feasible
tadpole trikes can work well offroad
they probably can't handle much more than mild gravel though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_fxiem7TtA
>>
Gay
For old people
Slow af on climbs
Poor visibility
Not portable
Not maneuverable
Expensive af
Not sexy
>>
>>1104051
If you can't sprint on one then what's the point?
>>
>>1104168
sweet
>>
>>1104214
Long distances for untrained people.
>>
File: f18bbe5f8f.png (1MB, 1017x759px) Image search: [Google]
f18bbe5f8f.png
1MB, 1017x759px
>>1104305
>>1104176
Yes Dan Bilzerian rides a recumbent, because roadbikes are uncomfortable as fuck.

Lions don't care about the opinions of sheep.
>>
>>1104306

Literally who?

A tiger don't loose no sleep, don't need opinions from a shellfish or a sheep.
>>
>>1104305
>>1104306
wtf, I hate recumbents now.

>>1104176
>Slow af on climbs
This is mostly because slow people ride those things.
>>
File: quest_drawing.png (520KB, 823x597px) Image search: [Google]
quest_drawing.png
520KB, 823x597px
Go Velo or go home
>>
>>1104331
>seat for 165-200cm
NOOOOOOOO!!!
>>
>>1104331
the body isnt aero enough, it doesnt use the air pressure as downforce, and the wheels are retarded

my design is better >>1104341
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.