[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about bycicle forks with colors missmatching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: wd.jpg (643KB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
wd.jpg
643KB, 1920x1275px
What do you guys think about bycicle forks with colors missmatching the frame color?
Do they make the bikes look more agressive, less classy, make the frame looks better, what are the best combos
>>
Whatever floats your boat, man.
>>
Whatever pulls your train, dude.
>>
>>1103041
>>1103042
I want some opinions mang, i have a bike like the OP pic but with a black fork, and im thinking of painting it.
>>
>>1103040
just threw up in my mouth a bit
>>
>>1103043
lets see it
>>
>>1103047
Its just like that but with black wheels and a black fork. I want opinions about the subject not just my bike.
>>
>>1103048
What's the frame colour? If the colours complement eachother like the op pic its a nice touch.
>>
>>1103048
so it's a gorgeous classic Italian road frame in mint condition with huge shifter braze ons that make it completely unsuited to a conversion, beautiful paint and a goddamn sticker on it, the most unridable bars possible, unwrapped, an expensive campag wanker seatpost, no other campag parts to match, infact a DA road crank to clash, a fixed conversion ie minimalist aesthetic with obtuse bloated bullshit like a comfy heavy boat saddle that doesn't match anything, a fucking anodized chainguard and still no actual utility, not even a bottle cage, a gold and fucking black colour scheme, a slammed quill stem, mediocre tires on the most disgusting wheelset ever built and an enormous price tag?

Remove the fork and impale yourself on it.
>>
File: P1000141.jpg (344KB, 935x768px) Image search: [Google]
P1000141.jpg
344KB, 935x768px
>>1103040
The fork should match the frame, there are only three exceptions:

1. an all-chrome fork on a painted frame looks fine on vintage bikes, it's period-correct
2. a black carbon fork on a different color frame looks fine too, this emphasizes the fork's material
3. suspension forks, they're naturally eye-catching so it doesn't really matter if they're color matched to the frame
>>
>>1103055
Lol no, i just meant the colors, faggot.
>>
>>1103061
so the frame is blue with white decals and chrome lugs & chainstay? You have a leather saddle and unwrapped gold bars? White tires with a black stripe? Silver stem & headset? Silver crank with a blue chainguard?
>>
>>1103040
Is this one of them no brakes killer bikes?
>>
>>1103061
you got some gay stickers on it too? Maybe paint the fork neon yellow or pink
>>
>>1103058
/thread
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>1103065
>killer bikes
Ban assault bikes
>>
>>1103040
I think they're a pretty cool way to add some flare to a bike design. It can work as a great accent but it's easy to fuck it up. Eye of the beholder, I guess.
>>
File: 35312235320_34a3ee4634_k.jpg (872KB, 2048x1364px) Image search: [Google]
35312235320_34a3ee4634_k.jpg
872KB, 2048x1364px
>>1103040
I dig it. Reminds me of old mtbs from the 90s.
>>
>>1103237

this thing is crazy nice.
>>
>>1103267
If that's your flavor, you might like this thread.
>fgss.com/conversations/172374/
>>
File: IMG_0187.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0187.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Only on certain bikes. Here's my 1989 Miele Lupa. This is acceptable in my opinion. Just do whatever you want with it. You can always repaint it.
>>
I like a nice chrome fork. Evens some bikes out
>>
>riding a bike
>Looking aggressive

Pick one
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.