[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well /n/, time to start saving up for a velomobile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: velo speed.png (886KB, 794x1023px) Image search: [Google]
velo speed.png
886KB, 794x1023px
well /n/, time to start saving up for a velomobile
>>
What kind of bitch ass old man made this chart? On my single speed i ride at higher speed than the "racing bycicle" in this shit
>>
>>1102984
I remember as a child my top flat ground speed on a mountain bike was 40km/h.
>>
That, "strong headwind" catagory really makes me cringe. I would probably ride directly home, so it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>1102971
Completely and totally arbitrary, and Google image search doesn't find this. Nice try OP, you get 2/10 for actually getting me to post just to call you out on your fabricated bullshit. Now stop posting about the Ultimate Fred Machine and go ride your 90's rigid mountainbike with slicks.
>>
I can hit about 40 mph with a 53x11 on the flats with my road bike. I can hold this for a few miles before I burn out. I always end up running out of gearing with a 46t when in route to the trails.. I understand you think you are some eilte rider that 'knows' everything about biking but I think you are just weak as fuck.
>>
>>1102984
>>1102995
>>1103022
You dorks cant even read a chart properly.
>speed @ 100/250 watts
Not
>speed @ instant max power
>>
>>1103073
Who cares how much power you are pushing? I might as well be pushing a thousands watts because the bike isnt even remotely efficient, but we are still going faster at all times than your retarded chart.
>>
>>1103014
And OP forgot to add a 90s mtb with slick category.

Flat road,250 watt
90s mtb WITH slick tires - 12 km/h
>>
>>1102971
Holy shit I'm not the only shill anymore? They are so damn expensive tho so I'm currently designing a tadpole trike to turn into a velomobile, got a bunch of bike parts for free and am buying new parts too. I want to commute 9 miles to work (all flat, multi-use trail) everyday without it either taking almost an hour or having to dress aero/extreme bend over to get dat efficiency. Not in shape enough yet either, can currently sustain about 110 watts for half an hour according to the exercise bike I use. Not sure how accurate it is though, since 100 watts is supposed to be around adult walking energy expenditure - but just realized the difference could be due to efficiency of the body since the bike measures output.

Something like the atomic zombie streetfox but not as high, with a catrike style bottom bracket boom. Will make the fairing from coroplast.
>>
>>1102999
You mean theres no chance of the wind blowing against you when you ride home?
>>
>>1103115
The faster you go, the more aero makes a difference...drag varies with velocity squared

Your efficiency is even worse compared to a velomobile at higher speeds.

A human on a bike has a higher drag coefficient than a jeep wrangler
>>
>>1103014
http://www.jobike.it/public/data/tino/200851815837_vm4sd-fvdwsm.pdf >>1103022
You could sustain that speed for much longer with velomobile efficiency
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.