[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can I take an abandoned bike?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>inb4 jerome

there's been a bike sitting locked outside my apartment building for the past 2 year and it had already been showing signs of abandonment by that time. the lower half of the frame is now overgrown with weeds and most parts have been stripped. It's nothing special but the frame is still in good shape and I'd love to refurb it for someone I know. Would you take it? There's a 0% chance of someone coming back to it and even if they did the landlord could have removed it at that point.

pic kind of related
>>
File: content.asp.jpg (33KB, 555x362px) Image search: [Google]
content.asp.jpg
33KB, 555x362px
i cant see a problem with it, unless it has a name or serial number on it id just take it and do it up and use it.
>>
>>1102659
Yeah, just don't sell it like some dumb faggot. That's a blessed bike if you use it right.
>>
>>1102659

look at this way - either you get it now or eventually jamal will

blessed is the abandoned bike... i gave a nice wheel / disk brake upgrade to my roomates broken mountain bike from a dumper most of the time they have some serious issue which is why they are left there, 90% parts 10% functioning bikes in my experience
>>
Yeah don't feel guilty about it. It's been there for 2 years, whoever put it there is probably in prison or dead or something.
>>
If it's worrying you, you could leave a note on it asking the owner to claim it, with a timeline. If it's still there afterward it's all yours.

Downside is any chucklefuck that sees the note could swoop in before you get a chance.
>>
i certainly don't advice stealing but god If the choice is between someone having it removed and dumped at the scrapyard and you taking it just take it.
>>
Why dont you ask around who is the owner instead of stealing it like a goddamn nigger?
>>
>>1104324
Don't abandon junk bikes and take up parking space for people who might actually use their bike, Maurice.
>>
>>1104344
Thief
>>
>>1102659
Yeah buddy, my uni takes a grinder to any locks if the bike was left there over the summer and gives them to our co-op to resell or give to the low-income people that come through to build-a-bike.
Just leave ghost bikes alone, that's some bad juju right there my dude.
>>
>itt niggers and two humans
>>
>>1102659
Just do it. You're offering a cleanup service at this point.
>>
>>1104463
The waste of public space steals from everyone, Anon.
>>
>contact local governance concerning abandoned bicycle
>contact owner/manager of building the bicycle storage belongs to
Wow, sure is hard to not be a degenerate niggerfaggot...
>>
>>1104598
>leaving your garbage around in public spaces
>calling someone else degenerate when defending people with such degenerate behavior
>baka anon
>>
>>1104623
Yeah, this guy has left his car in this parking spot for like a month.
I decided to steal it instead of contacting the city or owner of the lot.

That is you, that is literally you.
>>
>>1104637
Except it hasn't been a month, but two years you illiterate fucking animal. It's not comparable at all. He even said parts had been taken by other people. There's tons of abandoned bikes all over the place. One month is a stretch, but 3? 6? 9? A year? two years?
>>
>>1104696
>REEEEEEEEEEEE fuck you
>you picked the wrong subjective period of time
... thanks.
>>
>>1104708
>Acts retarded and gets mad when called out for being retarded
>...

Guess it really doesn't matter what you have to say on the matter at all then.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.