[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Helmet comfort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: prod128422_Black - White_NE_01.jpg (30KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
prod128422_Black - White_NE_01.jpg
30KB, 500x505px
Using pic related, Giro Trinity, is cheap but not very comfortable.
What helmets do you use if any? How comfortable are they?
>>
Giro quarter, pretty comfortable. I don't have aby other cycling helmets, so I can't really compare it to anything.
>>
File: good_looking_helmet.jpg (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
good_looking_helmet.jpg
15KB, 320x320px
>>
Best helmet I've ever used was the specialized prevail. Super cool and comfy and very simple straps, although that means there's little adjustment which can be annoying
>>
File: aeon.jpg (106KB, 586x591px) Image search: [Google]
aeon.jpg
106KB, 586x591px
very comfortable, cool, and light.
>>
File: Performance Life.jpg (7KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
Performance Life.jpg
7KB, 255x255px
pros
>$20
>cool ass racing stripe
>comfy

cons
>heavy
>low airflow
>>
File: 61cu4dk3LfL._SX355_[1].jpg (18KB, 355x261px) Image search: [Google]
61cu4dk3LfL._SX355_[1].jpg
18KB, 355x261px
Giro Bishop. As far I know, its the only helmet that Giro makes that will fit big heads. :'(
>>
Am I the only one that use a 4€ supermarket helmet and is happy with it ? It's to be crashed only once regardless of the price, so fuck it. An helmet is probably the most bullshit cycling related upgrade when talking about performances.
>>
>>1102563
Outside of those bubble looking aero helmets, you won't see any or much performance gain since it's for ventilation, safety and comfort.
>>
>>1102563
Mine cost 30 euro, and it's fine since it has enough holes and a fishnet, important to not catch bees/wasps during rides.
>>
>>1102526
>>
File: Giro_H_Aspect_MatteTitanium_34.jpg (77KB, 970x970px) Image search: [Google]
Giro_H_Aspect_MatteTitanium_34.jpg
77KB, 970x970px
Seems like everyone on /n/ wears a Giro except nikki here >>1102563
>>
File: 1501808593882.png (91KB, 220x298px) Image search: [Google]
1501808593882.png
91KB, 220x298px
>>1102570
>>1102635
Safety wise, they are pretty much all the same. Unless you are bald, I don't think it's that helmets can be that different comfort and ventilation wise as to charge an extra 30 bucks.

And don't know why Giro is so popular anyways.

>>1102608
Insects are extra protein, don't bitch them.
>>
>>1102639
I've been wearing helmets since the 80s. Been through maybe 15 or 20 different helmets in my life. There is a huge difference in ventilation, comfort, and weight between different models.

Also
>$30 is worth sacrificing comfort
You either don't ride, or you need to start applying to some jobs instead of sitting around playing doom all day or whatever you kids do these days
>>
>>1102732
Properly check your size before buying an helmet.
>>
>>1102735
Not really sure how you think that's going to help if the helmet has zero useful ventilation and is twice as heavy as it needs to be. Unless you're one of those people who only buys a helmet to dangle from the handlebars, in which case maybe buying a child size helmet will save you some grams.
>>
>>1102736
As I said, with how much hair I have, I don't feel this much of a difference between a Giro and my Aldi helmet (and it's not worth the extra fee). And no, my adult sized helmet don't weight more than 400g. If you have money then fine, but you shouldn't forget that an helmet is a disposable piece of equipment and not everyone want to pay and extra 10€ for every 50g decrease and a new color scheme.
>>
>>1102737
Giro is just a brand, they stick their label on a gorillion different helmets. I'm wearing a helmet for 10+ hours a week, I'd have to be batshit crazy to put up with a 400g helmet when there are helmets in the 200g range
>you shouldn't forget that an helmet is a disposable piece of equipment
Who's forgetting what now? Like I said, if you're willing to put up with the extra weight to save the cost of less than one night at a bar, you either don't ride, or you should play less doom and go look for work
>>
>>1102738
I do ride and I do work, just that 400g is irrelevant. It's not like it is a motorcycle helmet. Train your neck if you really can't wear it for more than 2 hours a day.
>>
>>1102744
>Train your neck if you really can't wear it for more than 2 hours a day
I do about 4 hours of weight training a week in addition to my riding. My fast twitch muscles are just fine.

It's about a thing called "comfort", you might want to look it up in the dictionary.
>>
>>1102550
I share that same pain brother, there are two of us!
>>
It's probably a good meme but Kask Mojito. It's light and comfortable and has a nice adjustment range. Have worn it for up to 12 hours a day without getting sick of it.
>>
I dont get why people pay so much for these shitty helmets just because of the brand. They are as useless as any cheap chinese helmet.
>>
>>1102996
Two days ago I was buying at Decathlon, and saw a new helmet model. Compared it to one Giro that cost 70 euro and the decathlon one seemed to be better made and cheaper.
>>
Would it be better to choose a helmet solely on comfort or is matching the helmet color to the frame important?
>>
>>1102996

Not really. I went from a Bell helmet (14$) to a Giro (40$) and the difference was significant in terms of comfort, durability, features, etc. Worth it.
>>
bell solar

I never wear it
>>
>>1103339
What durability, try crashing both once then come back.
>>
>>1103363

Wow, you're so upset. Why are you concerned with what people do with their lives? Why are you in love with your life?
>>
>>1103363
Durability refers more to the plastic shell, the foam inserts, straps, etc.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.