[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im pretty fat I want to lose weight but in scared Im gonna get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (733KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
733KB, 2576x1932px
Im pretty fat I want to lose weight but in scared Im gonna get loose skin how do I prevent getting loose skin
>>
Fill space with muscle
>>
Stupid fucking question. Either lose weight and find a way to deal with skin or stay fat and take years off your pife
>>
>>1101473
You brainwashed media victim are not fat.
>>1101478
> years off your life
BMI of 25+ but well under 30 gives you longest life. That would be overweight in BMI terms.
>>
>>1101473
1. >>>/fit/
2. Spoiler: You can't prevent it, it either happens or it doesn't. If you're young your skin is likely to just spring back -- assuming you're not so morbidly obese that you have too much skin for that to happen. Just put it out of your mind, there's literally nothing you can do about it so just work on not being a fatass anymore and be happy with your success at that if/when you accomplish it.

Also get a 90's rigid mountain bike with slick tires.
>>
Thx guys this wrilly motivates me im going to start going to the gym What should I do for now I want to lose fat and later I want to gain muscle is cardio the best thing to do???
>>
>>1101479

Dang, I looked it up and its true. Apparently 27 i s the perfect BMI.
>>
>>1101473
why is /n/ so gay
>>
File: amerifat.jpg (62KB, 552x419px) Image search: [Google]
amerifat.jpg
62KB, 552x419px
Stop being a fucking faggot, stop giving a fuck, and just RIDE
>>1101479
Yes he is fat, fuck off. But he'll lose the fat because unlike you he is actually motivated to stop being an unhealthy fat fuck
>yfw
>>
>>1101479
>>1101483
>BMI
Absolutely meaningless. At a BMI of 27 I should weigh 85kg which would mean gaining about 17kg, 17kg of fat would not be healthier at all.

If you want to try and quantify healthiness in one measurement then body fat percentage would probably be best in which case you probably want to stay under 30% and above maybe 10% with being closer to say 15-18% being healthiest (just rough guesses here).
>>
>>1101482
Cardio is great for losing fat. If you want to gain muscle, it depends what muscles you want to build, but a combination of cardio and lifting is good. But for starting out, just do cardio. Focus on that for now.
>>1101483
For females maybe, but that's because females have fat stored in their boobs so a skinny female is higher bmi than a skinny male.
>>
>>1101488
Depends on how active/fit you are too, if you do a lot of exercise and have more muscle, then a lower bf% (i.e. 11) would be healthier than 15-18. If you don't do any exercise then yeah 15-18 might be better because the muscle weight isn't adding as much to your overall weight and therefore not lowering your bf% as much
>>
>>1101489
>For females maybe, but that's because females have fat stored in their boobs so a skinny female is higher bmi than a skinny male.
Actually this might only apply to bf%, not bmi. I don't know. But bmi is a meme, bf% is what means something.
>>
>>1101490
My basis on a low bodyfat (15% and under) being less healthy is based on the fatigue caused by it. Even people that work out a lot don't "naturally" get down that low, they need to purposely diet and not eat when they're hungry. All body builders feel like shit when they're competing and there are examples of them collapsing on stage.

I was down probably close to 12% not that long ago and I always felt like shit and feeling like I was going to feint, I even did twice, now I'm at like 16-18% and feel a lot better.
>>
>>1101479
kek, reminds me of the "fat guy" in the legs thread
>>
>>1101487
You are setting up a false dichotomy between 0% body fat and horrifically morbidly obese 120% body fat. Stop it. Argumentative fallacies are passe, kiddo.
>>
>>1101482
Start lifting big compound lifts and don't listen to this faggot. If you lose a bunch of weight without lifting, you are going to lose muscle and end up a skinnyfat faggot.
>>1101489
>>
>>1101473
youre not fat enough to really worry about that plus I think a little loose skin is better than being fat, right?
>>
File: JCDenton2.png (56KB, 176x185px) Image search: [Google]
JCDenton2.png
56KB, 176x185px
>>1101483
Do you have a single fact to back that up because as far as I'm aware, caloric restriction is the only scientifically proven way to increase longevity.
>>
>>1101527

Just google it "BMI and life span." Examine the data yourself and evaluate it's credibility. Also, yes, caloric restriction (fasting) has been shown to improve life span (I knew this for a while, I just found out about the BMI/overweight thing). Don't know why the fuck you're trying to attack/challenge me, I'm just googling shit (just as everyone else). Longevity is determined by multiple factors. To assume there is one and only one path to longevity is pretty fucken stupid.
>>
>>1101537
Unless your BMI is extremely low it is completely meaningless. All it is is a ratio of height to weight, that weight could be made up of fat or muscle, small or large bones, but BMI isn't going to tell you that.
>>
File: 9cf.png (23KB, 537x478px) Image search: [Google]
9cf.png
23KB, 537x478px
>>1101537
>just as everyone else
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.