[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /n/ any Londoners like to offer their opinion? Which were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: CIMG2475.jpg (159KB, 1072x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG2475.jpg
159KB, 1072x1024px
Hey /n/ any Londoners like to offer their opinion? Which were better, the Boris Busses or the Bendy Busses brought in by Ken Livingston?
>>
>Bendy Bus

Are you 5 years old or something?
>>
>>1101341
No, just british.
>>
>>1101341
We actually call the connected long buses bendy buses.
>>
>>1101397

If articulated buses is too long to say why don't you just call them artic buses.

Have you never realised how ridiculous it is when you are watching BBC to have some grown man in a suit saying "bendy bus" unironically while reporting on terrorism?
>>
Option three: demolish much of the City of London and London south of Thames to make space for tri-axle buses.
>>
>>1101420
Not that anon or the other one but I too call them bendy buses. Anyway i prefer the new routemasters but it's stupid they don't let you hop on/off the rear platform on most routes
>>
>>1101338
Double deckers all the way.
>Effectively doubles road space which is good in a congested city
>Can get round corners without killing pedestrians with the unexpected rear part
>Stops fare dodgers because the driver would notice you don't have a ticket
>Looks better than a bendy bus
>Lower accident rate
>Made in the UK, not by Germany

FUCK BENDY ARTICULATED BUSES
>>
>>1101420
Bendy bus is
-at once dismissive and self effacing
-alliterative
-has good rhythm
Only reason not to use it is if you are a supercilious, po-faced fuckwit tbqh
>>
>>1101420
Bus industry-fag here. "Bendy bus" or "bendy" for short is a widely used term. Even in government contract documents, they are still called bendies.
>>
>>1101506

Lol no
>For example, Route 38 PVR increased from 45 to 72, so where's your doubled road space?
>Some cyclists can't even differentiate between red and green, so how do you expect them to not go on the nearside of any vehicle?
>Borismaster and Red Arrow still retain open boarding. In rush should, still have fare dodgers. And Borismaster is OPO now because someone has to pay for the fares freeze.
>Wrightbus can build articulated buses. So what?
>>
>>1101649
>Even in government contract documents, they are still called bendies.

That's the funniest part

>>1101648

>Only reason not to use it is if you are a supercilious, po-faced fuckwit tbqh

No it's like when a child calls a blanket a "blanky".

Actually I can imagine a British rescue operation where the rescuers are calling for the blankys
>>
>>1101649
Bendy bus is never used in the United States. They are called articulated buses or artics in the garage.

t. spent last summer inspecting buses for local metropolitan planning organization.
>>
>>1101338
You're asking the wrong question.
You should either ask the Londoners which they personally prefer, or which is better for a purpose (you specify) or what purpose each is better for.

I haven't been to London since the Boris Buses arrived, but I was there when Ken brought in the Bendy Buses. At first he only used them on Red Arrow routes and outer suburban routes, both of which they were very well suited to.

It would have been sensible to continue to put them on more outer suburban routes. Instead he went mad, destroying the Routemasters, and putting the bendy buses on lots of Central London routes.
>>
File: doctors.png (295KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
doctors.png
295KB, 600x350px
>>1101341
HUMAN. I DON'T THINK YOU REALIZE THE POWER OF THAT POST. APOLOGIZE NOW OR WITNESS NOTHING FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
>>
I like this British term better. It's at least a bit funny. In Germany the official term for articulated buses is Gelenkbus. A very literal and uninspired translation. But people in Berlin call them Schlenkie. Which means wobbly.
>>
>>1101338
Preferred the bendy buses. Easier to travel on when busy. Used to get the 507 from Waterloo towards Victoria most days.

>>1101341
Don't think I've ever heard a member of the public talking about them *not* call them "bendy buses".
>>
>One autistic americlap shitting up the thread
lol

Bendy busses sucked. They were a nightmare for pretty much everyone else on the road. As a user the layout was pretty awkward and you got way fewer seats in them. The rear half of the bus was always full of scum as well because you could get on without paying and bus driver would be completely unaware. Meant that if an inspector got on you'd get nignogs using the fire escape door and fucking everyone's journey.

The new busses are better in pretty much every way, except the headroom upstairs sucks and they get way too hot in the summer as you're unable to open windows due to
>muh curves
I've noticed recently they've started retrofitting them with letterbox-sized sliding windows where they can.
>>
If you like bendy buses you are a drooling retard. I hope you fall victim to one like that woman who was run over by the rear and her body spent a whole day in service being ground down in the wheel arch
>>
>>1102158
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>1101338
Bendy buses looked autistic and were too dangerous
I remember everyone fare evaded at the back
>>
>>1101900
I like both terms.

Bendy Bus is more fun and less effort to say.

Articulated Bus makes it clear that the bus being reffered to is intentionally built to bend by means of a flexible portion or portions rather than bing a bus that noticeably bends when it should not.

One thing I don't like is shortening articulated bus to "artic" or because it sounds like someone mispronouncing "arctic" which has nothing to do with the busses and also there are times when they are referred to as "arctic" intentionally which is just confusing to outsiders and makes it harder to search for information.
>>
>>1102043
Why would you build such things without air conditioning?

Then again keeping the cold air pushed up to the second deck and not having it spill out when people are gettin on and off WITHOUT slowing the flow of humanity on and off the bus or losing passenger space to air locks would be a challenge especially if you wanted it to be an affordable feature.
>>
only gay faggot would choose the tower bus
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.