[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh look, Canyon is FINALLY available in the US Oh look, they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12

File: aeroad-cf-slx-8-di2_c1200.png (2MB, 2400x1480px) Image search: [Google]
aeroad-cf-slx-8-di2_c1200.png
2MB, 2400x1480px
Oh look, Canyon is FINALLY available in the US

Oh look, they are going to fuck us over with pricing and now there is literally no point in buying one! Surprise surprise!!!
>>
Well they have hiked up Euro prices up for the past year so yeah the good times are already gone.
>>
>>1100661
Was planning on getting this bike until I saw it was 1500 over my budget. Emailed the canyon folks and the responder told me they were gonna expand the line up soon (coming weeks and months he said)
>>
>>1100671

It's still cheaper than what we got here from them.
>>
>>1100661
Now you feel what the rest of the world has to deal with all the time, specially regarding technology
>>
>>1100661
Someone explain to me why they put conti grand prix on their endurance bikes rather than gatorskin? Aren't those bike for the rider who wants to put in tons of miles and be comfortable?
>>
reminder that you can get a significant discount if you have a racing license
>>
>>1100761
they buy the tires in giant bulk so they don't want to fuck around with a bunch of different tires to complicate things

I think gatorskins would be better suited for commuter type shit

I ride specialized turbos which are straight up race tires and I've never had more than one flat a year where I ride, at least 50% of the road I ride is dirt/gravel too

flats just aren't very common for a lot of people so its not a huge deal
>>
>>1100763
redpill me on this
>>
>>1100772
Ah, okay
>>
>>1100671
Maybe 30 years from now when they're "vintage" and so out of date that nobody looks twice at a 2015 Aeroad or whatever.
>>
>>1100720
this

so shut the fuck up fucking lard
>>
I dunno they look sexy as fuck though.
>>
>>1100761
>Aren't those bike for the rider who wants to put in tons of miles and be comfortable?
Yes.
>memeskins
>low mileage non bc rubber bone rattlers
So, tell again me why they're a fit for tons of miles and comfort?
>>1100661
>they are going to fuck us over with pricing
Um, no sweetie. Long gone are the days of Canyon being a bargain basement brand. We pro peloton now. Prices follow. In the EU as in the US.
>>
>>1100821
Because they won't puncture like those meme grandprix
>>
>>1100822
>newbie detected
>>
>>1100821
>muh special grabon chill
some of us don't have wives to call and pick us up in the minivan
>>
Endurace or the Aeroad? I wanna go fast, but there's pumps and small potholes in my area and since it's along the coast line, head winds.
>>
>>1100830
you're the guy who pays a bikeshop to install his tires right?
>>
>>1100830
I have been riding gp4ks for two years now and i have had maybe two or three punctures tops?
Gotorskins wear out ez and ride like shit, whats your point
>>
>>1100776
https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/service/sponsoring/
Not available in the US it seems :^)
>>
>>1100830
>wat is law of diminishing returns
Um, no sweetie, GP4k is one of the best puncture protected tyres of its class. And unless the overwhelming majority of your (still rare) punctures are snakebites you're doing it very wrong.
Gatorskins only double the puncture protection belt on the GP4k and adds sidewall abrasion protection. That doesn't mean half as frequent punctures. It doesn't even come close. If the lodged piece of glass or whatever could work its way through one belt of the type, it will get through the second one too. It takes longer, but will happen just as frequently.

Memeskins are called memeskins for a reason. They're sold to gullible idiots who don't know enough to care about grip or ride quality, and think they need four layers of breakers to survive. They're the same kind of people who buy seven blade razors. Moar is bettur huh, Cleetus?
>>
>>1100839
Ultimate :^)
>>
File: btfo.jpg (975KB, 2419x1814px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
975KB, 2419x1814px
>>1100844
you're the guy who carries around a fucking frame pump because you're always getting flats and you almost went bankrupt buying co2, right?
>>1100895
ok, that's nice weekend fred. btw "wearing out" doesn't mean "I had to pump it after I took the bike out of winter storage"
>>1100913
"of its class", yes. a race tire. for people who ride with minivans following them around. enjoy your dollar shave club, bet you think you're totally sticking it to the man.
>>
>>1100927
>gp4k
>race tire
Pick one and only one. Even the real race tires with minimal puncture protection can easily go thousands of kms between punctures as long as you take some care of them.
>>
File: 1318560781002.jpg (113KB, 389x251px) Image search: [Google]
1318560781002.jpg
113KB, 389x251px
>>1100913
>He rides the meme chili
>>
>>1100927
>"of its class", yes. a race tire.
LOLNO

Also, if youre a fucking straight razor autismo it completely explains your posting thus far.
>>
>>1100927
>literally cannot change a tire
>other people don't ride
>other people aren't self reliant
Nikki? There is a very familiar level of cognitive dissonance here
>>
>>1100661
>3000 USD for a 105 bike

thanks for cutting out the bike stores and passing the savings onto me my greatest merchant ally and friend
>>
>>1100968
>going out of your way to get flats makes you a "real cyclist"

yeah you are probably a lot more proficient than me at flat fixing with all the practice you get. if it makes you feel like a real pro to waste time with flats that's your freedom to do so. it takes me about five minutes because honestly I barely ever get them with ~150 miles a week commuting. I guess if you can do it in under 90 seconds from getting them every weekend that's super kewl, congrats? do you also cut yourself shaving on purpose to show off your skills with the styptic pencil?

and no I'm not nikki, I'm the guy who tried to talk him out of suiciding when you asked him to jump off the george washington bridge
>>
>>1100970
B-b-but you're getting disk brakes!
>>
>>1101002
Also a very aero garbon frame with some deep rim high end garbon wheels. Even though it's 105, it's a very fast bike.
>>
>>1101003
>105

This is what has disappointed me about canyon USA so far. You're either getting 105 or skipping straight up to sram red or dura ace. No ultegra and their accessories options is a joke.
>>
>>1101007
Well they're just starting out in the USA so that explains why they only have few models available. And I'm pretty sure they bet on people who really want a Canyon to buy the high end models if they don't bring the Ultegra level stuff initially. Though I don't see the point of buying top of the line Canyon when you could get pretty much any similar bike in roughly the same price range nowadays. Where they're still decent value are the cheaper models and framesets. Especially if you have a race license and can get the discounts.
>>
File: 1235435435324.jpg (24KB, 175x495px) Image search: [Google]
1235435435324.jpg
24KB, 175x495px
>>1100970
>>1101003
>>1101007
Buying the lower end of big brands is straight up retarded. 1/3 of that price will get you a Decathlon bike equipped with 105, and with 3000$ you get carbon frame with Ultegra Di2. You won't feel the benefits of Aeroad frame if the rest of the bike, that is like 90% of the setup that's important, is mediocre compared to it. You either go all out and get the setup that matches the frame or don't buy it at all.
>>
File: spurdo-wus-es-an-shiiieeet.jpg (53KB, 508x379px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo-wus-es-an-shiiieeet.jpg
53KB, 508x379px
>>1100996
>and no I'm not nikki, I'm the guy who tried to talk him out of suiciding when you asked him to jump off the george washington bridge
That wasn't him. That was me. And fuck you very much for that. The board - and world - would have been much better of for it.
>>
>>1101045
I'm pretty sure everyone knows about bikes direct dude

if I just wanted garbon with di2 I'd buy a dengfu and build it myself for MGTOW DIY cultist cred, canyon customers know what they want and they know it's not the absolute cheapest option humanly possible
>>
File: 1499286273664.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1499286273664.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>1101045
>you won't be able to appreciate a good frame unless it has dura-ace
>>
>>1100927
What brush and soap are you using?
>>
>>1101256
>not putting dura-ace on your beach cruiser to fully enjoy the comfort of the frame
>>
>>1101256
>he doesn't have dura-ace on his rigid 90's MTB
>>
>>1100913
>Um, no sweetie, GP4k is one of the best puncture protected tyres of its class.
Right underneath the Schwalbe Durano DD and Plus :^)
>>
>>1101256
>He doesn't use Dura Ace to help carry his basket up the tree house.

How do you guys even live day to day?
>>
>>1101275
>Schwalbe Durano DD and Plus
Double the rolling resistance puts them clearly in a separate class. Those compare to memeskin and Hardshell in the belt overload for tinfoil hats-class rather than the general sporting/training use Conti 4k/4s or Michelin Pro.
>>
Those rims tho
>>
>>1100661
Canyon Aeroads are great but I can't understand why they ruin the aesthetic with those awful undersized and awkward logos. Katusha and Movistar make them look so much better
>>
>>1100661
>they are going to fuck us over with pricing and now there is literally no point in buying one! Surprise surprise
>now there is literally no point in buying one! Surprise surprise
>now
>>
>>1101442
>I can't understand why they ruin the aesthetic with those awful undersized and awkward logos.
What is sponsored pro racing?
>>
Should I buy this or wait? Only thing is I don't think I'll get to take advantage of the Dura Ace, I don't race.
>>
>>1100661
So buy American bikes or somting faggot.
You should go live in some 3rd world country, pussy
>>
>>1101559
>Only thing is I don't think I'll get to take advantage of the Dura Ace, I don't race.
Then wait for the R8000 version and save some $$$
>>
>>1101442
hnnngh
>>
>>1101442
What brand is this bike?
>>
>>1101942
zipp, i think?
>>
File: 1467883299242.jpg (140KB, 634x543px) Image search: [Google]
1467883299242.jpg
140KB, 634x543px
>>1101256
The fuck does 'appreciate a good frame' mean, kek. Appreciate as in 'it looks good'? Because the bike is either good as a whole or not. Frame is literally a single part. Would you be able to appreciate 1000$ aero carbon drop bars or similarily priced clipless pedals on a trashcan 80's road bike?

Who are you trying to impress? 99% of the population doesn't know about Canyon, and those who know will laugh at your 105 anyway.
>>
>>1102003
You sound like a Fred
>>
>>1102023
;^)
>>
>>1102003
>Would you be able to appreciate 1000$ aero carbon drop bars or similarily priced clipless pedals on a trashcan 80's road bike?
Yes
>>
>>1102109
;^)
>>
>>1102003
Appreciate as in it feels great while riding. You largely can't tell the difference between 105 and Ultegra or Ultegra and DA components. You can tell a difference between a high end frame and a mid tier frame. You can feel the difference between a mid tier frame and a chink shit frame.

A high end frame will not flex on you, it won't do anything you won't ask it to do and on the other hand it will do everything you ask it to do, and it will do it the same way every single time.

Frame and wheels are the places where you should invest in a bike.
>>
>>1100661
Why do you want Canyon when you have BASED ORBEA?
>>
>>1102003
>asking about the complete opposite of what he said to disprove his claim

Yeah you're a fred.
>>
kek, finally got their email newsletter today. Went check if that meant a wider inventory but it all looks the same. I know it is a soft launch, but surely they didn't expect it to be quiet when they are an internet based supplier?
>>
I have a canyon 2017 commuter and its superawesome, they gave me a 500 euro discount because I waited 6 months on the 2016 model. Its an awesome bike with disc brakes and a hub dynamo. They put schwalbe one tires in 35 mm on their commuter bikes.
>>
File: 1503281169909.jpg (61KB, 376x376px) Image search: [Google]
1503281169909.jpg
61KB, 376x376px
>stitched 720 still not avaliable
>>
I just noticed you can actually buy some bikes ridden by guys from the Movistar team from the Canyon site, some great deals on there as well, Aeroads and Ultimates with a Campag Super Record EPS groupset and power2max power meter for around 4000£. There's even two of Quintanas TT bikes on there.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/factory-outlet/original-pro-bikes/#category=Movistar
>>
Dammit, just when I decide to pull the trigger, they don't have my size. What kind of shit is that? (((coming Soon)))? Geez, at least with everywhere else they have an estimated date.
>>
File: 1502817571733.png (231KB, 734x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1502817571733.png
231KB, 734x1110px
y'all only like this brand cause the aeroad is the best looking bike atm right?
>>
>>1102306
This brand seems bad. They sell it at sport chek in Canada. And that's where they sell other bad bikes. Hardly a half step above walmart tier bikes.
>>
>>1104201
Yes and you know it really is the best looking bike. Looks are one of the most important aspects of a bike. You think you can go fast on an ugly looking bike? You can't.
>>
>>1104227
Dude, there are pro teams who ride Orbea bikes.
>>
>>1104201
they would be if their colours weren't shit
>>
>>1100661

>Work in shop where 60% is Norco since fuck knows when
>Norco opens account to competitor down the road

Yeah I guess somewhat know that feel but I know I'm going to see a lot more of his bikes in my shop than vice versa.
>>
>>1104230
Yea I know my question is why orbea would sign a contract to sell at sport chek
>>
>>1104241
Because they paid them enough money.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.