[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trackfags on the road

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: _97332002_sun.jpg (125KB, 660x841px) Image search: [Google]
_97332002_sun.jpg
125KB, 660x841px
>trackfags on the road
>>
Why was he going so slowly
>>
>vehicles typically go faster, kill people, rarely face charges
At least he didn't take a plea in this politically motivated bullshit, like that guy in SF. The average pedestrian has less sense than animals when it comes to crossing the road.
>>
>>1100468
The contention is that it's the law in Britbongistan to have two brakes on bikes. It resulted in death and as such there's criminal liability.
>>
>>1100466
23mm tyres
>>
>>1100464
>The defendant had been riding a black PlanetX carbon frame fixed rear pedal cycle which is more commonly seen racing at the Olympics Velodrome, jurors were told.

When are they going to end the senseless carnage and ban these terrifying black tactical assault bikes? They belong on the track with trained safety personnel, not on our streets. How many have to die?
>>
bicycles are a menace, he probably didn't even have a bell or lights

they should be licensed, inspected for all safety equipment, and insured like cars.

cyclists just hate responsibility
>>
Maybe it really was her fault. 20mph seems like a reasonable speed to ride in a city.
>>
>>1100484
yeah i have mixed feels about this i agree on principle but i'm not putting all that crap on my bike no way
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 630x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 630x446px
Pic related was the bike he was using...
>>
BAN ASSAULT BICYCLES
>>
It's like there's no way a "mum" could ever be at fault.
>>
>>1100484
gps telemetry in all vehicles first. Automatic reporting / fining for speeding, accelerating too quickly, failing to stop. Too many accrued points and your vehicle gets given to a needy immigrant.
>>
>>1100499
>needy immigrants
The only thing immigrants "need buddy" is a long helicopter ride back out to sea
>>
>>1100495

The way the title states it, it makes it sound like a 20mph cyclist is a particular category and he killed his mother.

>Choir boy kills mother, says it's her fault.

See, it just sounds like a choir boy killed his mother and is blaming her.
>>
>>1100473
>mfw I have one hand and have removed the front v-brakes off my hybrid
>>
>>1100464

Classic, Freds are such assholes, they think reality is their own private raceway and anyone that interrupts their attempt to imitate track cyclists, pro roadies on non-closed courses is at fault.

I even confronted some nerd Fred on Reddit writing this idiocy and was banned from this sub for it after calling him simply a douche for being one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYCbike/comments/6bc5yd/an_open_letter_to_hudson_river_park_bike_path/
>If you don't move when my whistle blows I make sure to blow it extra loud when I'm next to your ear.

Another reddit fred nerd talking about how he cycles with a whistle in his mouth all the time...:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NYCbike/comments/4wr1vq/dot_to_study_expansion_of_brooklyn_bridge/d69cbjv/

You cannot make up shit like that. I personally have not seen it in the wild, but apparently Freds are even starting to use whistles so that they can turn bikeways, the roads, etc. into a mock imaginary racecourse where everyone should get out their way...
>>
>>1100499
as long as every time a cyclist rides on the sidewalk or uses a crosswalk without dismounting they, they get publicly flogged
>>
>>1100464

Here is the article that goes deep into the Fred's douchery and long history of self incrimination on the net:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4241713/cyclists-killed-mum-crash-illegal-bike-no-front-brake-london/
>>
>>1100533
>apparently Freds are even starting to use whistles
this is an old, old messenger tactic.
>>
>>1100544

I doubt many messengers ever used whistles though. Apparently judging by /r/nycbike a small number of Fred nerds are bringing it back.

Me:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NYCbike/comments/6bc5yd/an_open_letter_to_hudson_river_park_bike_path/dhm2qqd/
>As if blowing a whistle is not douchey enough already. I don't get you white Freds who think you are the internal police of cyclists, pedestrians, joggers and even motorists -- doing shit like that is just like punishing yourself just as much the people whose ears you are blowing out. Just go around them or slow down and move on with your life. It is not really that difficult. I remember for some reason another white Fred "cop" of /r/nycbike had a stupid Youtube channel where he uploaded a video of him using a bikebell and obnoxiously ringing when he could have just easily went around most the people who were quite far from him, but his fellow white wannabe traffic cops commenting on Youtube ate it up like candy. Here is the video in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYxCX6OIvAA

Fred nerd eventually responds:
>breathe through my nose - whistle is always in my mouth. Hands on the bars and levers.

Can you imagine people cycle like douches with whistles always in their mouths? Some freds are disgusting specimens indeed. And despite all this measures, they will never turn real streets in closed European tour stages. If they just want to go as fast as possible they should stick to trainers or rollers.
>>
>>1100554
reminded me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3nMnr8ZirI

though desu i dont see using a whistle as a bad thing, i dont use one but it will get attention better if you are going quick in an urban setting. people happily look my straight in the fucking eyes and wander in front of me, a whistle has a certain sense of urgency around it.. if i were going to use a whistle id use it like i'd use a horn and still use my bell just for attention like we all do now
>>
>>1100554
>[Removed]
>[Removed]
Poor nikkipoor doesn't realize he's been shadowbanned ;_;
>>
>>1100523
I've heard of people setting up some kind of routing to make one lever operate both brakes in cases like that. Why would you remove the front brakes not the rear tho?
>>
>>1100533
>hipsters on Brakeless fixies are freds
I'm not sure who is more offended by that, the freds or the hipsters.
>>
>>1100554
Sadly- the cycling community begins to see what the rest of the world has dealt with since the '60's. There is a certain percentage of cyclists that are extra-douchey.
>>
Just a reminder that The Sun is literally the trashiest newspaper you can buy and is used exclusively for manipulating the sentiment of the working class.
>>
Nobody cares about your Reddit adventures, Nikky.
>>
>>1100464
>manslaughter trial

are you fucking kidding me, men cant even laugh on more without going on trial?
>>
>>1100488
>>1100499
hey statist faggots.

if you're so jealous of bike owners then nothing stops you from selling your car and riding it.

It's an almost completely unregulated vehicle.
>>
File: 1502568784769.jpg (71KB, 702x721px) Image search: [Google]
1502568784769.jpg
71KB, 702x721px
>>1100554
anybody with a whistle stuck in their mouth going through London will have that forced down their fucking throat eventually, guaranteed.
>>
>>1100697
>non stop whistle at a thousand decibels
>the second someone jams it down their throat, take them to court
>"I'm only trying to be safe on the streets of london and pedestrians victimize and assault me for it, even after its proven to be a dangerous situation where we need to focus on safety"
>get hundreds of people to do this
>every cyclist sounds like a thousand birds all screaming at the top of their lungs
>eventually the city will be so fed up with cyclists that they'll create dedicated cycling infra so that we dont have to whistle for peds

screencap this
>>
>>1100466
It was probably GW.
>>
>>1100700
huh?
>>
>>1100697
Wasn't there a video of a guy singing to get people out the fuckin way on a london bike path?
>>
>>1100709
If you're on about the guy singing to the Star Wars theme then that was on the Brooklyn Bridge.
>>
>>1100714
>>1100709

Here is the video of the guy on the Brooklyn bridge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehh8ZdIMMj4

I can confirm that the Brooklyn bridge is very crowded with pedestrians almost non-stop. But I don't live in NYC and only went there once on my Brompton just to experience it, so I didn't mind. But if you live nearby and it should be the fastest option the constant influx of tourists in the bike lane must be grating.

Here is the youtube channel of the guy doing the signing, Noam Osband:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1c7_t4xQ6qmaoG0eAKy5EQ
>>
>>1100730
He is the hero we all deserve
>>
>>1100730
The brooklyn bridge is a tourist trap, honestly you're stupid if you think you can ride your bike across it easily
>>
>>1100682
learn to fucking read before you post maybe you insufferable cucklord!
>>
>>1100464
If you actually read up on this, rather than letting the Sun formulate your opinions for you, you'd realize she died a week after the accident, and his comments were made when she was still expected to recover. Reports conflict, but it seems she may not have checked for traffic before jaywalking from between two parked cars.

The man is still a massive cunt regardless though. Should have had brakes as well.
>>
>>1101169

>Reports conflict, but it seems she may not have checked for traffic before jaywalking from between two parked cars.

>Jaywalking

That doesn't exist in England. But then people in England just tend to dart out in front of cars expecting them to stop. Even on a pedestrian crossing I check to make sure everyone has stopped or is in the process of stopping before I even consider crossing but they got people who never even check and shoot across with out giving any indication of their intention.

A friend of a friend frequently did that and when I queried what would happen it went similarly to this

>What would happen if you got hit
>>It's a pedestrian crossing
>That doesn't guarantee someone stopping every time
>>I have the right of way
>But you could end up wrapped around a dump truck's axle
>>But he didn't have the right

I don't know how these people process reality.
>>
>>1100484
This.
>>
>>1100499
>gps telemetry in all vehicles first
Do bikes have enough power on-board for gps telemetry?
>>
>>1101226
A close friends of mine was hit by an elderly woman driver without checking the road & was expecting a huge payout but got fuck all & his leg amputated kek.

We always called him out on his shit, he always said the same shit like "they have brakes" or "I'll just sue them to death I'll be rich as fuck".
>>
File: Moneyshot 3.jpg (2MB, 2000x1221px) Image search: [Google]
Moneyshot 3.jpg
2MB, 2000x1221px
Roadbikers are fags
MTB-er are fags
BMX-ers are fags
Trackfags are fags

Only allow this type of bicycle on the road.
>>
>>1101253
>A close friends of mine got his leg amputated
>kek

Ee dee gee yyyyy
>>
>>1101257
ok grandpa
>>
>>1100554
Teeny tiny little bells are pathetic

You can get a air horn for you bike that's as loud as most car horns. Much more effective.
>>
>>1101258

Not him.

I am not a malicious person myself but when even a friend ignores everyone's advice, goes out, tries to have a fist fight with fire covered in gasoline and gets charred you have to have a chuckle about it at some point. Can't feel sorry for the cunt all the time, especially if he literally asked for it.
>>
>>1101251

Track fags would rip out the dynamo for muh Watts and the batteries for muh grams.
>>
>>1101282
Nope if driving vehicles with non operating GPS telemetry means driving privilege recall.
>>
>>1101293

He said bikes. Do you drive a bike?
>>
>>1100464
> the sun
>>
File: old-bike.jpg (546KB, 1664x1248px) Image search: [Google]
old-bike.jpg
546KB, 1664x1248px
>>1100584
>to make one lever operate both brakes
I was speaking with the owner of a LBS who mentioned this.

>Why would you remove the front brakes not the rear tho?
I don't want to end up doing an endo. If I want to brake really hard I have to place my residual arm on the handle bar as well and doing so incurs a delay, so I'm settled with just a back brake. On my previous bike I actually had both brake levers on one side, but if I recall I still used the back more than the front. On my current bike this isn't possible due to the integrated shifters, though your point I have mentioned above maybe something to look into.

pic related
>>
File: 14COhR2.png (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
14COhR2.png
24KB, 512x512px
>Cager hits and kills 4 cyclist in wales
>£180 fine

>Pedestrian jumps out in front of cyclist going slowly
>Cyclist at fault
>>
>Charlie Alliston, now 20, was pedalling at nearly 20mph

Oh god no not 20mph!
>>
>>1102877
That was ten years ago.
Nowadays he'd pay 240.
>>
>>1102841

http://problemsolversbike.com/products/brakes/12_-_8816o/?products/cable_doubler/

You will want to set up the brakes so that the rear locks up before the front, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>1100464
>literal hipster fixie
deserves all the time he gets and more just for having one tbqhwymgm
>>
>>1102880
he's some hipster fixie fag probably riding a tiny gear ratio so his weak legs can even get pedaling. I bet he was spinning like mad to keep up with this shitty fixie cranks at 18 mph.

Too bad it wasn't roles reversed and he died lmao
>>
>>1101276
I have a tiny bell that I basically use just to be polite. If I ever need to get someones attention quickly I just yell "HEY" extremely loudly and it gets people to look a lot more urgently, and I can focus my hands on breaking
>>
>>1100464
wouldn't it be like 32kph since they're in bongland?
>pounds sterling
>bongspeak
>imperial measurements

shit don't add up
>>
>>1103235
We still use mph for speed and miles for large distances (some people use feet and yards for shorter distances, some use metres), feet and inches as well as cm for height, stones and pounds as well as kg for human weight (other weights are generally in g/kg, sometimes pounds for food), pints as well as ml/l for liquid volumes and very rarely gallons (fuel is in litres).

I think a lot of people don't actually have a proper grasp of imperial measurements but they just use them out of tradition. I know how big a pound of sugar is but I wouldn't be able to tell you how many pounds something weighs, I know what a pint of beer or 6 pints of milk looks like but I have absolutely no idea how many pints in a 2l bottle. Probably the only imperial measurement that I do know reasonably well is yards and that's only because it's almost a metre.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.