[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did any video games make you want to get into riding?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: extreme.webm (2MB, 845x475px) Image search: [Google]
extreme.webm
2MB, 845x475px
did any video games make you want to get into riding?
>>
>>
>>
>>1100023
LOL no.

What I'd like to see though is a video game that teaches actual road racing tactics and strategy.
>>
>>1100023
No, anime girls did.
>>
Trek came out with this mountain biking pc game back when and it made me have to shit each time I played it as a kid.
But no.
>>
>>1100031
Same here, unironically.
>>
I loved BMX and motocross games as a kid, probably spent just as much time playing them as I did riding my BMX (a lot). Now I've moved onto mountain biking and hardly ever ride because there's not much round here to ride, I wish someone would make a decent semi-realistic mountain biking game, bonus points for being able to ride urban environments.
>>
>>1100066
>>1100023
GTA San Andreas and GTA 5 have mountain bikes! There was a guy in an APC trolling me and I killed him with a SMG while riding one.
>>
>>1100270
I want something a bit more realistic than that, in GTA they just behave as low speed motorbikes with godly amounts of grip and ridiculous physics. I'm after something more like Dave Mirra/Matt Hoffman/BMX XXX but with mountain bikes instead of BMX and offroad (keep the urban maps too though).

Turns out there was a game called Downhill Domination on PS2 so I'll have to check that out, but I'm guessing it'll just be track races with no free roam.
>>
File: downhill-bikes-twin-for-hire.jpg (79KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
downhill-bikes-twin-for-hire.jpg
79KB, 225x225px
>>1100023
Not really, but this baby right here was the shit at the arcade.
>>
>>1100023
>>1100024
>>1100025
damn, Downhill Domination on an emulator looks like that?
but no, seeing how brazen groups of riders were in traffic in the east bay infuriated me until I came to the conclusion that it was actually kind of cool
>>
>>1100029
Is the Tour de France game not like that?
I hear its pretty close to how Codies F1 games let you micromanage strats.
>>
>>1100031
I bought a road bike becuase I liked yowapeda. I had a foldable bike which I used forcommuting, but never thought about buying a road bike even when I liked watching bike races like TDF, Vuelta and Giro.

So for me, anime has changed a lot in my life, now I'm healthier, 15kg less, and I have a hobby that helps me with my anxiety/depression.
>>
>>1101456
Oh, and not really /n/ but when I was a child I bought a pair of roller blades after playing an old nintendo game called skitching or something like that, it was about street rollerblading, racing on roads, and using vehicles to catch them and go faster. There was enemies and you needed to hit them with punches or a steel bar, and there also was oil patches on the road. At the end of each race you got money and purchased upgrades like wheels, helmet...It was pretty fun and I remeber the music to be nice and catchy.
>>
>>1100031
>>1101456

Same here. I rode a rental bike before and was crap at it. Thought about getting a road bike and watching long riders sold me on it. I still have a long way to go but I'm having fun with it so far.
>>
>>1100023
>expecting some mountain biking
>suddenly, wrestling
what
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.