[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these good wheels? I need to replace the crappy 24 spoke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0740.png (577KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0740.png
577KB, 1536x2048px
Are these good wheels? I need to replace the crappy 24 spoke wheels my bike came with
>>
>>1099979
Find wheelbuilder in your area and have them build you a wheelset to your specifications. You'll get exaclty what you want and you'll get a better quality build with local support. Many wheelbuilders will even true them up for you later for free.
>>
>>1099992
Yeah good luck getting hand built custom wheels for $80
>>
>>1099998
It's worth paying extra to not only get what you want but get it handbuilt by someone who's good at it, you get a better quality wheel. Or did you think that the ones you buy online are all handbuilt, too? They're not, much of it is automated.
>>
>>1099979
Those wheels aren't GOOD, but they're alright, and I doubt that the wheels on your bike already are any better than these.
>>
>>1100009
There are perfectly good machine made wheels out there, if the op is looking at $80 wheels it makes you sound like a sperg when you start bleating about going to a wheelbuilder. It's like someone asking if a craigslist bike is a good idea and bleating about retul fits and seven axioms

I get it, you just read sheldon brown's wheel builder article, get over yourself
>>1100043
Really depends on the bike, they're likely better than whatever comes on a walmart BSO
>>
>>1100043
>>1100047
These will be replacing wheels on my trek commuter bike. Its a second hand crossrip. Currently has 26 spoke wheeles that keep popping. Need something more reliable for communiting
>>
>>1099998
>>1100047
That's a $160 wheelset, $74 and $85 each (presumably the front being cheaper).
>>
>>1099979

get something better used off ebay.
you get insane deals for wheels.

if you want to you ca even have them trued at your LBS.

for 100 € you get seriously nice used shit + a trueing
>>
>>1100009
Yeah, but the wheelset I'm having built rn will cost me about $400, which is twice what OP is looking to pay. Sure, it's going to be a bombproof rad af wheelset, but seriously bro, budgets matter.
>>
>>1100067
>used wheels
good luck gambling with your life, anon.
at the very least, treat yourself to a thorough truing and rebuild
>>
>>1100055
>26 spoke wheeles that keep popping
Try getting the fork out of your mouth, fatass.
>>
>>1100055
>26 spoke wheeled that keep popping
Meanwhile I'm riding on 16/21 spoke wheels that are still perfectly true after thousands of miles on them. Either lose weight or stop abusing your bike.
>>
Fulcrum 5 LG
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.