[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dindu Biku

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: qaifu.jpg (132KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
qaifu.jpg
132KB, 800x600px
What do you guys think of bamboo bikes?

I feel like it might be possible to grow bamboo on my patio and make bikes out of it and sell them to yupee hipsters in my city for extra dosh.. what do you guys think about these kits?

https://calfeedesign.com/calfee-bamboo-diy-kit/
>>
they're heavy but actually pretty strong and nice, you can use them for touring but I don't because it feels too hipster
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smzvRvDGe7U
>>
if you plan on just making money from hipsters (i would), isnt buyting bamboo a better option? like ork yourway with a bamboo supplier and stuff.. growing it could slow and time demanding (not sure)...sounds as an interesting business.. just add up costs of shit and see if its profitable .
>>
>>1099807
solid advice

>>1099779
good video

>>1099776
and yeah honestly they look like a piece of shit but i think the novelty of it is something the rich techie hipsters might appreciate especially if i say its hand made by me and extra bonus points if i grew the bamboo myself but also buying bamboo might be more practical

but yeah i might just try buying a kit cause I think its like 40-120 euros and I can build it in my empty ass apartment to start and see how it sells on craigslist and then think about how to make it cheaper and market it better.

What do you guys think I could sell one for if I made like a proper website and everything?
>>
>>1099645
apparently they absorb hits like steel vs aluminum so I assume they would make great hardtails/cruisers.
>>
>>1099818
>What do you guys think I could sell one for if I made like a proper website and everything?
you could either go for the "it'll look cool and i can't afford something really expensive" demographic, so like $800-$1200
or possibly go for the ultra high end, "i'm a fucking retard with a deep wallet" market segment, in which case >$5000
>>
>>1099807
Yeah but then you can't put "locally sourced" and "organically grown bamboo" as an excuse to squeeze an extra 50 bucks out of them
>>
File: 2cb.jpg (61KB, 600x673px) Image search: [Google]
2cb.jpg
61KB, 600x673px
>>1099877
I like your style!

>>1099896
That was my idea but maybe I should just try it with bamboo that I purchased first then start growing bamboo. It's kinda like growing weed then lol except no danger of getting kicked out my apartment.
>>
File: Robbert-Zoon-op-Bough-Bike.jpg (370KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Robbert-Zoon-op-Bough-Bike.jpg
370KB, 960x1280px
Calfee's problem is that they're too high tech and performance oriented other than the frame. My LBS was selling one with Dura Ace last I checked. But bamboo bikes appeal to the anti-technology bracket. Better to give them a 3 speed IGH and make it a step through frame and flat bars and coaster brakes only because that's what the luddi^H^H^H^HDutch people use. It gathered dust in the showroom and eventually they sold it off at a deep discount and lost money.

These Bough Bikes have been making a splash lately, I think they're really well thought out product. Insanely heavy, clunky, can barely stop, and approximately $3000 - everyone will know you're not one of those gay "cyclists" who thinks he's in a race or something.

Also only 2 speeds which is better than 3 (a single speed version is a $1000 upgrade option)
>>
>>1099940
that looks like garbage, the rattan framed bike made a sort of sense.
>>
>having your bike warp because of moisture.
>>
>having your bike eaten because of pandas
>>
>>1100976
>pandas and cyclists exterminating each other in a bloody war
I don't see a downside to this
>>
>>1099645
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHR_VbMfbfY
>>
>>1101024
i saw that actually

just need to stop being lazy and also catch up with school first
>>
http://boobicycles.com/comparison/
>>
>1894: BAMBOO CYCLE CO. LTD The first bamboo bicycles were shown at the London Stanley Show of 1894 and caused a sensation. [English patent No.8274 of 26 April 1894]. This model (1896) can be seen in Prague.
>TECHNOLOGY: Culms of bamboo are heat treated and smoked to prevent cracking. Bamboo is selectively chosen for each part of the frame, then joined using hemp wrapping or carbon fibre. For an extra stiff drivetrain, the rear stays can be made completely of carbon fibre. Mixing materials and bonding creates advantageous vibration and damping characteristics.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.