[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are decathlon' bikes any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Trying to pick up a new hobby, I cycled before (when i was 13, now 21), and I really want to get back into that, the only problem is money, I'm still studying and I don't have a lot of money to throw into

https://www.decathlon.it/bici-da-corsa-triban-100-id_8377732.html

(I know the page is in italian but I can't find for some fucking reason an english one)

FR:

https://www.decathlon.fr/velo-route-triban-100-id_8377732.html

this fit 100% in my budget, but I really don't know if it's good or not
>>
That's like a step above Walmart crap. Save up some more money, or buy used.
>>
>>1098084

what manufacturer should I look at?
>>
for the price of a new decathlon bike you'll get a superior in every way used bike and you'll have enough money left for repairs and a set of decent tyres.
>>
Decathlon is very good for the price.

But a 250 euro bike will always be crap.

If you only want to spend 250 euros, you should go 2nd hand.

If you really want to buy new you should at the very least get a Triban 520. (650 euros)

That's the cheapest you should go.

If you can't afford more >>>> 2nd hand.
>>
>>1098083
Hello Jarl
>>
I have a cheap (350 euro) Decathalon bike and they're VERY good for the price. Unfortunately I can't be bothered to read the page, but mine isn't 250 euros cheap,.
Increase your budget to 350 euros, even with decathalon. There's cheap and then there's wasting 250 euros.

Like another anon said, the Tribans are a better series, and that's the one I have.
>>
>>1098086
There are no good and bad bike brands. The price you pay translates to the quality you get pretty much linearly across all manufacturers, although they tend to have different low and high limits to their ranges.
>>
>>1098083
for 250 € get something used with sti shifters and your good.

that should be well within your budget
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.