[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.walmart.com/ip/25-700c- GMC-Denali-Men-s-Bike-Wh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-08-06-17-52-11.png (469KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-06-17-52-11.png
469KB, 1080x1920px
https://www.walmart.com/ip/25-700c-GMC-Denali-Men-s-Bike-White-Red/51838812

>implying you need to spend anything moe than $200 on a bike if you aren't Lance Armstrong

Pic and link related

What reason do you have to spend so much money on a bicycle? I've been doing 40 miles per day on this thing for 2 years now. Never had a bad issue and the maintanence isn't often.
>>
for bling and comfort mostly if you just do short rides, nobody is saying you're going to turn into a superstar from riding an s-works but the cranks probably feel a lot more smooth than the 200$ shitter that you ride. Bikes are an art, if you ride every day as your main transportation then might as well get the cassette, the brakes, the tires, the saddle, the cranks you prefer. If you're touring then you need the reliability regardless.
>>
>>1097937
It looks like the same cheap "mountain bikes" that walmart sells but with drop bars
>>
>>1097937

Why do you buy meat, and vegetables? I have survived the last 20 years on potatoes and mulitvitamins. I haven't died yet, fat cat!
>>
>>1097937
So long as it's an aluminum or steel frameset, it's all about the component group and the wheelset. A $200 bike is going to have shitty no-name components that aren't going to work very well and aren't going to hold up for very long, giving overall a shitty riding experience. Furthermore what kind of hubs and rims are the wheelset build on? Again, probably no-name garbage from China; rims that won't stay in true, and hubs that wear out prematurely.

You can light two $100 bills on fire if you really don't want to believe me, but you forfeit your right to whine and complain about it when it falls apart on you.

Meanwhile smarter people are taking that $200 and a little more and shopping around on Craigslist for a used bike with decent components and wheelset. So maybe it needs new tires and chain, and maybe a saddle upgrade, so what? You get a better bike than some piece of Chinese no-name garbage from Walmart.

Choice is yours OP.
>>
>What reason do you have to spend so much money on a bicycle?
To get a 1 piece handlebar for starters
>>
>>1097937
>need
It's a hobby. Pretty much by definition, a hobby is spending time and money on things you don't need.
>>
>>1097937
>25"
>levers and bar angle all fucked up
how hard can it be to get even the ad right

also I like stopping when I want to. good luck with those brakes.
>>
>>1097937
I'm with you OP. My $89 beach cruiser walmart special has held up more than a year living on a ship in the salt air with literally no maintenance. I ride it almost every day in port. That thing has done some serious miles.
>>
>>1098337
>more than a year
that bar is pretty low

my 15 year old BSO MTB (150€) is still running. It's had a new rear wheel, tires and brake pads but that's it.

the fact that it is rideable doesn't mean that I want to ride it.
>>
>>1098014
craigslist is a meme.

>80's bike for 400 dollars
>Walmart bike bought new for 220, sold at 170
>good deals (stolen)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.