[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drivers ed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: drivers-ed-car.jpg (12KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
drivers-ed-car.jpg
12KB, 242x208px
Hi /n/, you have some general tips for driving? I've been taking lessons for a while now but I still don't feel quite "in control" of a shift car despite driving decently, i.e. I always feel like I'm barreling forward through turns unless I spam the clutch. Often my left foot will hurt after a lesson. Am I being too rigid or is driving just hard?

And general tips would be appreciates.
>>
>>1097516
>>>/o/
Look for cyclists and peda at all times, all times. Use your blinker at all times or I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU.
>>
>>1097516
It has to do with the 'mechanism' by which our brains allow us to be tool users: Any tool you use becomes, so far as your brain is concerned, an *extension* of your body, like a new limb you've gained. Believe it or not that also applies to driving any vehicle. The catch is that you have to be consistent and experienced enough with that 'tool' for that phenomenon to occur. You're not experienced enough yet for the car to feel like an extension of your body, it's still this foreign 'thing' that you're struggling with. This will come with time, consistency, and experience.
>>
just keep at it and eventually you'll find it becomes natural.

it took about a year for me to get to that point, although you can drive just fine before everything becomes fluid.
>>
Quit that shit and buy a bike before you waste half your life in a cage
>>
>>1097516
>spam
You also spam shitposts about cars in the wrong places in 4chan. There is another forum for car shit. Go post there, cager.
>>
>>1097516
>>>/o/
>>>/o/
>>>/o/
>>
Bump

This is a transportation board this thread belongs here

You are welcome OP
>>
>>1097516
>I always feel like I'm barreling forward through turns unless I spam the clutch.

Remember that the car is a tool at your command. You should never feel like the car dictates your speed, just shift into a lower gear. Don't be afraid to shift often, don't be afraid to completely stop and start again. Practice driving slowly and starting smoothly. Stalling happens.
>>
>>1098803
>>>/o/
>>
>>1098803
This, I cannot think of a better place for questions of this nature to be answered. Cars are a form of transportation.
>>
>>1098816
>cant read the rules
>nigga im autistic help
>>
>>1098818
Ignore this hater, OP, he in no way represents the larger community here who will be only too happy to answer all your car and other transport-related questions.

It is with the warmest regards that I welcome you to /n/.
>>
Drive more and more. Once you get good at it, you might find you like driving. That's me: I love driving. I will sometimes spend the time and money just to take back roads to some gas station to buy a soda or something stupid.
>>
>>1098835
Also, drivers ed is a meme. It's really only good for learning the rules of the road. When it comes to actual driving, they are overly strict. They tell you to only use 10 and 2 but I drive all the time with one hand or just weird grips.
>>
>>1098820
Car questions go on o
>>
>>1097516
put your left foot flat on the floor when you're not shifting or going to be shifting.

when i was learning i sat it on the clutch and that made it hurt, i switched to only sitting it on the clutch in heavy congestion and the pain went away. You'll notice the angle of the clutch and brake are different to the accelorator because you're not supposed to have your feet on them the whole trip.
>>
>>1098839
OP is asking a driving question, not a car question. His thread is fine here.
>>
>>1098958
Driving a car specifically
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.