[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cager Stories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 35

File: traffic120_001-460x2974.jpg (48KB, 460x297px) Image search: [Google]
traffic120_001-460x2974.jpg
48KB, 460x297px
Just got back from a leisurely 15mile ride to the mall. On the way back, I was minding my own business in the right lane of a four-lane road where there was very little traffic out. This was in a residential area and not any kind of highway, the speed limit was only 25. All of a sudden I hear some honking from behind, and an SUV swerves around me just feet from my rear tire with some obese woman in the passenger seat shrieking at the top of her lungs. They stopped at the stoplight about 10 feet ahead, and I stopped next to her.

>"Are you talking to me?"
>PAY ATTENTION YOU LITTLE KID, YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD
>"I know I'm in the middle of the road, I have the legal right to ride here. You're the one who has to pay attention"
>I CAN'T WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO HIT YOU SO YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE DAMAGES
>"I wish you had hit me so you could explain that to the police"
>YOU'RE NOT EVEN ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE OVER THERE (pointing to the left side of the street, i.e. riding against traffic) SO CARS CAN SEE YOU
>"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard"
>YOU'RE A LITTLE KID, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING

That's a bit paraphrased, but it's not exaggerated. And yes, she really did call me a "little kid" multiple times, even though I'm 23 and have a beard. What causes people in cars to be so stupid? Anyone else care to share a road rage story?
>>
>>1086303
It's just middle aged women in general they get everything handed to them in life

Not college educated

You don't explain chemestry to dog. So don't bother arguing. Just ignore move on.
>>
Regularly someone yells obscenity loud out window as they drive past. It's like 4chan that way, but slightly less anonymous and slightly tighter on time constraint.

so angry to be in cage I spose
>>
>Going for ride after work today
>Riding on fairly busy road, on the way to empty road through a state park
>Hit long line of stopped cars, drawbridge is open
>Sit and wait
>...
>Wait some more
>Finally closes
>Ride the next half mileish with the speed of traffic(only like 20mph) until I turn off
>Motorist in convertible passes with plenty of room
>Says "Nice job" and gives thumbs up as he passes
>See like 3 more cars over the next 20 miles
>>
>>1086303
>What causes people in cars to be so stupid?
Lack of blood flow plus
>Middle aged obese woman

Had one of those cut me off without signaling to get to a Starbucks drive thru
>>
>>1086331
>"Nice job"
Was he sarcastic or really meant it? I'm confused about your story
>>
>>1086303
>Soccermom
Even /o/ hates this type of cager...
>>
>>1086303
One time a guy in a Dodge Dakota called out "Nice bike!" toward me while I was out riding

…that's all I got
>>
>>1086316
>don't forget to smile
I normally blow them a kiss too.

Also, I've had guys on motorcycles passing me while pretending to pedal. That's always fun.
>>
File: 1497936592723.jpg (28KB, 517x326px) Image search: [Google]
1497936592723.jpg
28KB, 517x326px
Thinking about it, in all my dodgy encounters with cagers I have been the asshole, even though I notice that I am obeying the rules much more than most road cyclists here. Might be that cagers are overall just very friendly here in the Netherlands, but they certainly have a reason to dislike us here but somehow they remain nice.
>>
>>1086383
Isn't cager just a term for those raging assholes? So they're not really cagers.
>>
>>1086385
nah all car drivers are referred to as cagers here as far as I know.
>>
>>1086385
it just an expression bikers use to vent their fristration at beings higher up the foodchain.
>>
in the past few days i almost caused half a dozen accidents.
reasons are not enough sleep always in a hurry frustration about roadblocks and constructions making me lose time every few hundred meters. basically my mental state was fucked up. i usually drive much more cooperatively than most. but everyone can get off balance when crap hots the fan. thankfully usually two people has to fick up to have an accident.
>>
>>1086507
>cagers are so monstrous, they're becoming cannibalistic

doesn't surprise me really...
>>
>>1086511
In a cage? What are you doing my man?
>>
>>1086552
father has cancer, in really fucking bad shape, i had to skip on work hurry to him the only route i can take in any reasonable time is constantly closed because of some stupid faggot air race, then either gf made me an extra program i had to carry her ass after to the other side of the city or i had to go pick something up for my mother. i literally sped like a motherfucker because i couldn't be 3 places at once.

i'm so glad it's over. but i got some insight into the psychology of the fuckers that seem to go around not caring if they kill someone just to get a few cars ahead. i really did not care i was so fucking done by the end of the day.
>>
>>1086555
Well, I suppose trips don't lie. Glad you're in a better place now.
>>
>>1086558
it's scary how easy it is to slip into this mindset thinking back. and it was made worse by the fact that i drive a really weak ass granny car that has not much horsepower in spare or very good traction and breaks in case i miscalculate. even tho i knew in my mind my stunts only win me a minute or two in the end but risk multiple peoples lives i took it it seemed very reasonable. no risk no gain right?
>>
>>1086560
Yes, I once read an article that actually calculated how much time you save by driving aggressively. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was somewhere in the range of a minute or two for a trip of a few miles. Stoplights and traffic make it so that speeding between them really doesn't save much time, even though it feels like you're going much faster. I think people should be shown that information in driving school, rather than be taught about how speeding is dangerous, because it contradicts the actual reason why people speed and pass aggressively. Everyone knows driving like an asshole is dangerous, and the reason they do it anyway is because they think they're getting something out of it, not because they don't understand how dangerous it is.
>>
>>1086555
I'd just prioritize and tell the others kindly that you can't do everything instead of endangering others.
>>
>>1086577
>Stoplights and traffic make it so that speeding between them really doesn't save much time,
this
sometimes going a bit slower means you will hit the most greens in a row too
>I think people should be shown that information in driving school
yeah, that would make sense
to an extent though, people should be able to notice that on their own
if someone is hauling ass every time the light turns green but you still catch them at every red
they should be smart enough to notice that they're not going any faster than your bike
>>
>>1086507
>cagers higher on a foodchain
>not just dumb stampeding beasts
>>
>>1086345
He might've meant it. I could see how maintaining 20 mph for half a mile could be impressive to a normie who's never touched a bike in his life.
>>
>>1086586
>they should be smart enough to notice that they're not going any faster than your bike

Sounds nice, but what I notice is that people get even more agressive and accelerate even more from the intersection, because they can't handle the thought of traveling as fast as a bike.
>>
Only had one, bloke stopped, opened his door and shouted out something like 'what the fuck do you think you're doing you prick' so I shouted 'what? fuck off' back at him.

The end.
>>
>>1086577
yeah it's just when you know people are depending on you and you have to be there for them and the world in general just doesn't seem to give a fuck or outright trying to screw you statistics are of little interest. that's what i learned at least.

>>1086579
you obviously don't plan to endanger anyone. you calculate shit it looks like you gonna get everything done then some asshole digs up a road and you are stuck in a fucking jam and an other asshole gets his car break down in the worst possible place in the entire city and the fucking trailer is trying to pick it up in the only lane you could go and unless you want to wait for them to finish you can just be aggressive asshat and pass them in an unsafe way through a solid line forcing reverse traffic to give way and save about 10 minutes or maybe just 1 who knows how much you don't know for sure same for cutting in front of peds on the crossing and waving them sorry instead off stopping and waiting for a bus full of tourists to fucking get through and maybe missing your next green which would result a ton of car getting between you and your destination which will bite you in the ass later on you know it... yeah stuff like that.
>>
>>1086602
>because they can't handle the thought of traveling as fast as a bike.
it's not just the speed it's the fucking lame ass accel why i always try to pass bikes as fast as possible. getting stuck behind them if they have to stop is torture. by the time they can get back to speed your mother died and you missed the funeral.
>>
>>1086677
So, you're a fucking moron and because you don't understand traffic, you endanger people's lives?
>>
>>1086679
>it's not just the speed it's the fucking lame ass accel
What I really hate about this is the inability to look literally a block ahead of you.
First of all, I don't give a shit if you can go zero to sixty in some perfect scenario; if you're not on a track, you're gonna have to do that in a way that's realist, and what's realistic is you having to stop about a block or two from where you are. You're gonna pass someone close and freak them out for what? For them to pass you in two blocks. Just fucking chill.
>>
>>1086679
>getting stuck behind them is torture

not nearly as torturous as car crash amputation
>>
>>1086747
don't worry chances are you won't feel a thing.
i've talked to a few people who had serious accidents. they don't remember pain mostly confusion or nothing.
>>
>>1086689
>because you don't understand traffic
where exactly did you get that i'm curious.
oh yes you pulled that out of your ass sorry now i gt it.
>>
>>1086867
You're passing unsafely and aren't using lanes as intended. Kill yourself.
>>
>>1086690
>You're gonna pass someone close and freak them out for what? For them to pass you in two blocks.
sometimes it's exactly like that and sometimes you catch the last of the green light and never see the faggot again.
>>1086968
yes you can kill yourself driving unsafely or someone else. my point was that it doesn't actually matter sometimes. not saying it's sane or good it's how the brain works. you hope for the best and step on the gas because you really have to be on time.
>>
>>1086981
What the fuck does it mean, it doesn't matter? That's why you should kill yourself. You're sitting on a climate controlled couch, whizzing along with a decent sound system. That's what a car is. You can afford to wait instead of gambling, dipshit.
>>
>>1086991
>What the fuck does it mean, it doesn't matter?
i mean at the moment when you get fed up with crap it just doesn't matter. it should but it doesn't.

i'm trying to drive safely with lot's or margin for error and be attentive in the traffic trying to anticipate stupidity even. that works out pretty well when not in a hurry. and let me telly you i was never truly in a hurry in my life before last week.

other peoples lives shouldn't be less important than a few minutes you lose i agree and i couldn't comprehend before how that can be. now i know.
>>
>need to leave parents home to drive to own home
>litterally in another country
>try to drive normal way to next highway
>blocked due to tour de France despite all bikes are already away
>try another way
>blocked as well
>next way is blocked as well
>only one street is free to drive cage on
>street is completely jammed with cars
>basicly blocked untill the next village

Nothing against TDF, but they don´t need to block the road several hours after everyone already passed this section.
You couldn´t even walk or ride a bike there...

>inb4 don´t use cage
>>
>>1087247
>it should but it doesn't.
To you. Thats why you (specifically) shouldnt drive.
>>
>>1087247
>it just doesn't matter. it should but it doesn't.

That just means that the neural centers in your prefrontal cortext that take care of inhibitions on your patterns of behaviour are underdeveloped.
Which makes you a more dangerous participant in traffic. And that's not a good thing. Try to actively stop yourself from this kind of behaviour in the future and you'll get used to it eventually.

Or, alternatively, kill yourself.
>>
>>1087274
To be fair, the routes are plotted out months in ahead and there's probably road signs telling you this road will be closed weeks in advance.
>>
>>1087281
Indeed, but blocking them longer than nesseary is kind of retardet.
>>
>>1086303
In a 4 lane road the right lane should be reserved for bikes, e-bikes, smaller e-vehicles, mopeds and stuff.

Remember for every person taking a bike, e-bike, smaller e-vehicle or moped there's one more parking place available downtown and one less car in rush hour.

For freeing up a car lane for bikes, e-bikes, smaller e-vehicles and mopeds i am not sure what the convergence point is, i mean when enough people travel by eco transportation there's more free space in the car lanes than if all lanes were car lanes.
>>
>>1087275
no. my point is actually that anyone can get to this point. it's sad that i have to spell it out to you but here it is. when you see people doing crazy shit like that just get out of their way.
>>
>>1087288
yesterday i got into a fucking jam on a road where parking cars had a half meter safety line for doors then a bike lane about a meter and then a full lane for cars and again parking cars.

it's a pretty nice setup all things considered. one audi in front off me and one behind me just fucking pulled onto the bike lane and sat there as we waited for the line to advance a car. i wanted to get out and ask them if they believe they will go any faster by occupying the bike lane and forcing the bikers and motorbikers off of it? but i felt it would look really stupid if the line advanced while i was out there educating some faggot.

if there is a reason for it i'm not much against bending the rules and interpreting them loosely, but this was just pointless obnoxious asshole thing i kind off expected some biker to whack their mirror "by accident" that would have cheered me up some.
>>
>going down a hill
>cut a car off point blank
>he chases me for about a mile
>find a forest path an disappear

Fun times.
>>
>>1087247
Then you really should kill yourself.
>>
>>1087293
>no. my point is actually that anyone can get to this point.
Keep telling yourself that. Yes, anyone has a breaking point. Just like anyone can get drunk. Most people, however, choose not to drive when drunk, tired, stressed to fuck or otherwise impaired. The fact that you are incapable of this proves that you should not drive - at all. It's sad that I have to spell it out to you but here it is.
>>
>>1087298
>parking cars had a half meter safety line for doors then a bike lane about a meter and then a full lane for cars and again parking cars
>it's a pretty nice setup all things considered
the parked cars on each side plus door zone space together is taking up half of the road space
i don't get why people don't realize how bad on street parking is
people complain to no end about bus lanes and bike lanes taking up space
but half the road surface isn't even travel lanes, its fucking parking
>>
>>1087520
>Most people, however, choose not to drive when drunk, tired, stressed to fuck or otherwise impaired
no
most people should choose not to drive when impaired
but most people drive anyway and that's why roads are so dangerous
>>
>>1086381
Haha, this happened to me on one of my first rides when I had to coast for the last bit.
>>
>>1087572
Stop projecting. """"Most"""" people do no such thing. A microscopic minority do, cause nearly all accidents - and they shouldnt drive. Youre part of that minority. Youre not most people. Youre not fucking normal, mate.
>>
>>1086303

If you ride your bike in the road when there is a perfectly good sidewalk, you should kys yourself.
>>
>>1087583
>i write my own highway code
no u kys
>>
>>1086381
I once saw a guy on an e-bike so I sprinted by him at like 60kmh and he lost balance and fell over.
>>
>>1087572
>most people should choose not to drive when impaired
>but most people drive anyway

Some weird folks you hang out with.
>>
>>1087572
exactly being unfit to drive actually makes you unfit to judge if you should drive.

and sometimes the feeling of urgency completely overrides your sense of danger this is a perfectly normal neurological response. if it didn't happened to you yet doesn't mean it can't happen tomorrow.
>>
>>1087509
meh, why don't you kill yourself? it would make my life slightly more tolerable, so you should!
>>
>>1087581
>A microscopic minority do
if you actually believe this you live in a weird alternate reality.
>>
>>1087584
he is right tho. use the fucking sidewalk i do it and don't go any slower than the faggots that crowd the exhaust pipes.
>>
File: slovenska_cesta_kolo.jpg (141KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
slovenska_cesta_kolo.jpg
141KB, 1280x853px
>>1087607
only works in the apocalyptic lands in the interior new world where people are afraid to use legs to commute
>>
>>1087612
you have breaks and steering. pedestrians are not much of an issue. i get stuck behind one twice a year for a few seconds. big deal. not worth the risks coming with car traffic.
>>
File: Ljubljana_-_ÄŒopova_street.jpg (2MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Ljubljana_-_ÄŒopova_street.jpg
2MB, 3000x2250px
>>1087626
>i get stuck behind one twice a year for a few seconds

Sorry, but Fatsoville, Car land country isn't a good example.
Whenver I take the pedestrianised streets or a sidewalk here in the civilised world, my speed drops from 30km/h to 5-15km/h.
>>
>>1087793
It's illegal to ride in a pedestrian zone.
>>
>>1087801
not here...
>>
>>1087581
>Youre part of that minority. Youre not most people. Youre not fucking normal, mate.
this is true, because i don't have a car
you are seriously underestimating how many people drive impaired though
the average person driving to work is sleep deprived and looks at their phone more than the road
if its a woman they'll have a makeup kit and be staring at the drop down mirror
there are always people driving drunk friday and saturday
at a light, look at all the drivers near you and see how many aren't paying the slightest bit of attention
>>
>>1086303
had the exact same experience twice during my 3 month exchange in Houston.

Human stupidity knows no limits...
>>
>>1087604
I'm not the kindergartner who can't wait their turn, senpai
>>
>>1086586
>this
>sometimes going a bit slower means you will hit the most greens in a row too
in a lot of west-coast car-centric grid-cities, if you accelerate slowly and top out at the speed limit, then you will likely start hitting a chain of yellow and red lights instead of keeping up with the timed green lights. sucks.
>>
when i am taking the lane and a car behind me starts honking, i attempt to slow down to a stop and then ask them what was so important they had to honk at me, or at least give them a look that says that. really bothers them
>honk, honk, honk
>'youre in the road, why are you in the road, get out of the road'
>>
>that look you get of pure hatred and res sentiment from fat middle aged women smoking cigarettes as you gleefully pass by on your bike
>>
>>1089101
not only that, but even if they time it right and you would have a series of greens some morons will speed out and then have to stop at the red and you will run straight into them as the light would turn to green they still just starting. but if you try to go with a speed that makes you reach them as they gian speed again, a lot of others will get the sudden urge to pass you and get before you and then they will have to brake and then you will have to brake.

there is no escape from this lunacy all you can do is make sure you get to the light first if you want to make a better time overall but ironically this perpetuates the problem.
>>
>>1089150
>>1089101
Holy shit; you two must have no patience.
It really causes you this much stress to stop?
>>
>>1089150
>"make a better time"
Who are you racing?
>>
>>1089154
>It really causes you this much stress to stop?
stop all the fucking time while cars keep passing you and then stopping in front of you? yeah... it's definitely stressful when you are in a hurry.
>>
>>1089169
racing? where did you get that retarded idea?
it's not about being faster than someone it's just about making a good time. you know for not being late from somewhere... something adults have to worry about sometimes.
which is often plain impossible following the rules and playing nice.
>>
>>1089277
Do adults not know how to manage their time? Do the depend on rushing through traffic to be in time? How silly
>>
>>1089279
where did you get that? obviously you manage your time. and you depend on the traffic to be alright for it otherwise it quickly becomes impossible. of course the traffic sometimes gets fucked and then you do what you can to shave off the minutes. i bet you imagine people can afford to plan with tons of safety margins on every trip but that's unrealistic as fuck. unless you are some pensioner or other welfare queen who has no kids no dog not even a goldfish.
>>
>>1089276
Kill yourself, then. Everyone I know who does or did ride bikes as their primary form of transport has a real good concept of 'buffer time' and they generally show up to shit early.
Manbabies used to driving everywhere always leave at the last second and then make it everyone elses problem that they're running late.

>>1089282
>and then you do what you can to shave off the minutes.
Not at the expense at anyone else; no, you don't.
>>
>>1089288
>. Everyone I know who does or did ride bikes as their primary form of transport
so basically idiots that already have too much time on their hands. ok.
>>
>>1089310
What do I have to say, man. You're an adult, you make time if you need it.
All through high school and college, I got up two hours before I needed to be in class and I never needed to rush. Every job I've ever had, I've arrived at least five minutes early because I get my ass out of bed and get there.
Give yourself enough time. Do you know how to wipe your ass or haven't you gotten that far yet?
>>
>>1089288
>Not at the expense at anyone else; no, you don't.
well either you do it or they do it to you. dog eats dog world out there on the road.
cyclists are the rats tho bottom of the foodchain and filthy despicable beings.
>>
>>1089313
>well either you do it or they do it to you.
Bullshit. Don't excuse your shit behavior and shit time management skills.
>>
>>1087607
>>1087626
In my city (~60,000 people) you can usually ride on the sidewalks. Be very careful around houses though with driveways, since people will pull out past the sidewalk. Be careful at intersections too if you use the crosswalk, because people will turn into you.

>>1087801
Typically only in bigger cities
>>
>>1089509
My town has 1000 people in it and it's illegal here.
Regardless, it doesn't matter if it's legal or not.
1) Cagers have fuck-all respect for what's legal and proper. 2) There are reasons enough alone to not have you ride on the side. To ride absolutely safely on the sidewalk, ya might as well just walk it. Otherwise you're risking hooks and things.
>>
>>1089341
keep on dreaming you are not the minority out there
>>
>riding along on a bike lane
>get cut off by a cager turning left from the opposite lane
>30m onwards
>emergency brake, almost get hit, she only realised I exist after I "materialised" 20cm from her bumper
>ride on, 50m later

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: cagey.png (232KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cagey.png
232KB, 300x300px
>>1089526
>get off the road
>lose the bike, walk
>>
>>1089538
Again; it doesnt matter. It's shitty behavior, and it should be yourbfirst indication that is shitty behaviorbwhen your defense is basically 'Well, everybody is doing it'
>>
>>1089549
That's what I mean, though. Obviously, I get you can do a decent speed on the walk and be alright, but if you want to ve aure you arent going to get hooked or anything, and that you wont freak out walkers, you'll be going at a speed that might ad well just be walking.
The answer is to just be on the road, but assume every car wont see you, wants to kill yoi, and act accordingly.
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>1086303
>see cyclists riding responsibly, proper positions, signaling, yielding when appropriate, obeying traffic laws like stop signs and shit
Fuck yeah, cyclists!

>99% of cyclists in my city ride like drunkards weaving all over the lane, run stop signs, don't even check traffic when going through intersections, are generally oblivious to everything, ride on 50mph streets at 10mph during the peak of fucking rush hour, etc
Fuck you, cyclists.

Please be safe out there.
>>
>>1089591
>ride on 50mph streets at 10mph during the peak of fucking rush hour
So, faster than the cars, unless you live in fucking Mayberry.
>>
>>1089620
This what drives me up the wall; motorist have this idea that bikes are slow, so then when then they see one, regardless of how fast they're actually going, they always perceive them as going slower then they are. Being near a bike literally makes the motorist rage and nothing more. It doesn't matter if you're matching or maybe even going faster; motorists sperg.
>>
>>1089635
Yeah but bikes are actually pretty slow compared to cars
>>
>>1089676
But you understand that, in the real world, you're not on a race track. I don't give a shit how quick you can go from 0=60 when there's a car a couple of feet from you and we're all stopping a block from there. You operate as part of traffic.
>>
>>1089676
Not during rush hour.
>>
>>1089684
>>1089877
I don't live in a place that has a rush hour so I'm always fast
>>
>>1089983
Then your "input" isn't relevant. Fuck off.
>>
>>1089990
>spandex faggot melting down
Lol
>>
>>1089993
If you can't follow along on a comment chain, then you need to leave.
>>
>>1089983
>I don't live in a place that has a rush hour
as someone who lives in houston, i am unable to comprehend how this is possible
>>
>>1087793
>>1089546
>No space between the number and the unit symbol
Please re-read the SI Brochure.

>>1089591
>Abusing SI prefixes and unit symbols
>>
>>1090094
I missed you:)
>>
>be Londonfag
>Eid rolls round
>Fresh-off-the-boat sandnigger youths rent super expensive cars and race round the city in them acting like they got Arab money

Turns my commute in to a fucking nightmare for like a week every year.
>>
>out for a training ride, maybe 5km in
>guy going opposite direction slows down and screams 'get off the road you fucking idiot'
>I'm riding in a 5 ft wide bike lane

I blew myself up trying to chase him down, but the lights didn't cooperate. What waste of time, but it's the first time someone has harassed me and I overreacted.
>>
>>1090297
weird shit. here people just honk at bikers if they annoy them. or burn some rubber under their nose.
>>
>>1090196
racist
>>
>made the mistake of riding in buffalo, NY on a roadtrip (bikerack on my cage)
>take bike out for intra-city travel
>end up in the ghetto because my dipshit sjw host didn't bother telling me the restaurant was in the slum (omg rayciss all people are equal, even if they're shooting up at 3 PM in the gutter)
>riding, trying not to look lost despite being quite lost
>sudden cager
>cager does U-turn in middle of road, no indication, without looking
>nearly runs me off road
>I'm an inch from flipping over the curb, about 3 inches from his cage
>finally sees me
>smiles like a dope and waves
>doesn't even realize he almost killed me
>too angry and stunned to respond

>>1090297

My new city isn't so bad, but cagers have this idea that bikes MUST be on the sidewalk. Of course that's actually illegal, and bikes have a legal right to be in the road, bikelane or not. But my god try telling them that. Cagers don't know the law.

>cagers
>brains

Pick one. The dumbest assholes are always the most certain that they're right.

Yeah, I'm gonna take my $2000 road bike (right in the damn name, ROAD bike, not sidewalk bike) on a sidewalk where there are regularly 2-4 inch gaps between the plates from roots fucking shit up. yeah. Yeah, just what I'll do, and contend with the dog walkers and people watering their front gardens, and go all of 3 mph, because a cager thinks he knows better.
>>
>>1090297
>get off the road you fucking idiot
best advice you got in your life
>>
>>1093037
that's why i would never buy a road-bike it's name already implies it's a failed concept. a mountain bike will not go as fast but won't give a crap about obstacles holes or curbstones.

if you like roadbike geometry i think there is something in between called cyclocross which could be quiet adequate for city use but also has offroad capabilities.
>>
>>1086303
>ride in the rain
>truck changes lane to go through massive puddle
>soaked

then again a couple months later
>riding in bike lane to turn right on next street
>police comes up behind me and starts honking like an autist
>tells me to get out of the way
>keep riding
they were parking enforcement, but still, they go around in the white copcars, cant tell the difference until you see the uniform
>>
>>1093050
>>1093037
well, this answers a lot. the anti roadbike jihad lives in places so fucked up there isn't even any asphalt

I guess I shouldn't gripe about NYC roads considering a roadbike with 700x28s works just fine here
>>
File: bike-sign-1678699_960_720.jpg (395KB, 913x720px) Image search: [Google]
bike-sign-1678699_960_720.jpg
395KB, 913x720px
>>1086303

>be me riding on bike
>going moderately fast on a residential street
>see some shitty saturn with a 50 year old woman behind me
>nothingtoseeheremaam.png
>starts honking like a fucking crazy person
>starts to point at the emergency lane
>I point at the obvious bike symbol on the road
>doesnotcompute.bat
>stupid bitch points to the e-lane more and passes me

pic related
>>
>>1093126
>>1086305

this really is so true.what sucks more is that they complain on the local facebook groups about how cyclists are the antichrist or whatever. fuck boomers man
>>
>>1093126
that sign just means you got to be a corporal to ride a bike on the road.
>>
File: 1441644582862.jpg (59KB, 896x921px) Image search: [Google]
1441644582862.jpg
59KB, 896x921px
When I was cycling along a quite road at 1am last night some fucking roastie whore shouted "WAHEEY"from her cage while passing me and gave me a little scare.
>>
>>1093185
She a Banjokazooi fan?
>>
>>1089150
The first one to the red light wins.
>>
>>1093361
yeah play stupid games win stupid prizes right?
>>
>>1086303
>>
>>1087583
I'm afraid of cops giving me a ticket.
>>
>>1093474
>see this
>"cool"
>see bottom left
>"not cool"
>>
File: CjApLvvXAAAgHRk.jpg (30KB, 293x371px) Image search: [Google]
CjApLvvXAAAgHRk.jpg
30KB, 293x371px
>>1093363
Nope. I play awesome games and win big money, big prizes. I love it.
>>
>>1086303
not as entertaining as yours, but somewhat similar
>riding in the bike lane, omw to party, 100% following traffic rules, literally everything is fine
>bike lane just ends after an intersection as it does sometimes
>continue riding on the road (law here actually instructs me to do tho)
>next intersection, some guy in a white bmw wants to go right, i still have a green light
>cut him off, costing him literally no more than 5 sec of delay while still technically doing nothing against the law (i understand that i was making a kind-of-asshole move tho, but it was either i have to brake and lose speed or him, so i just chose to be egotistical, and in my defense he just has to push his lazy foot down, i actually need to put work into building up speed again)
>apparently he didn't like that
>turns off his blinker, speeds up, passes me, and swerves right, going extra slow now (like 2-3 km/h, basically standing still)
>iseewhatyouretryingtherebud.jpeg
>thinks he can annoy me like i annoyed him, that petty piece of shit
>he leaves as few space between him and the cars parked on the side as possible, but there is some space
>i see my chance
>i'm either gonna pull the move of my life now or this is gonna go extremely wrong
>pass him on his right side, not hitting any mirrors or anything
>that satisfaction
>on the next red light (/next intersection) ride up to him and look inside the car
>two dudes inside, rigorously staring straight, actively ignoring me
>like they didn't just got their caged asses handed to them

as said, it wasn't thaat dramatic, but i felt reaaally good afterwards
>>
>>1093947
Same reaction here. Fucking faggots.
>>
>>1093947
>>1093973
You know you have to be 18 to post here, right?
>>
>>1093964
>in my defense he just has to push his lazy foot down
see this is where you and most of this board have got this whole thing completely wrong:

cagers lash out the way that they do not because of some deep seated psychological issues but because of the ever-present heavy burden of being a stain on the environment and that consciousness of guilt is too compelling for some people

even when as a pedestrian i will wave cars through the crosswalk whenever i can because i know 5 seconds of patience is nothing compared to the waste of energy in stopping a 3000 lbs car just to speed it back up again
>>
>>1094350
and whenever you hear what you think is their undue anger just try and sympathize with their necessity to use a car. try to understand that, had they the composure to express themselves more clearly, they might instead have said:
>why did you make me turn this goshdarned smog-machine up to max? don't you understand we are all on the same team here?
>>
>>1093980
>It's ok to beat your political enemies into a coma
>>
>>1094359
When 'homophobe' is your politics, yes.
>>
>>1094363
I agree just because im violent and whatever social norm lets me express that I agree with.

Anyway, to the thread.
>Last night, about 2am
>riding home from the service station where I got some cigarettes and a few beers
>roads are dead so im practicing wheelies and filming for insta
>some middle aged bogan in a 4wd sees this and doesn't approve
>pulls up to me and starts yelling
>tell the toothless cunt to fuck off
>he starts to open his door
>punch the cunts mirror off and sprint up the street, darting into an alleyway

fuck outa here you 80iq neanderthal.

oh and the day before that i helped a guy reverse is car out of a car park, he took literally 30 goes and i just had to offer to do it. i dont even have a fucking license, these people should not be driving.
>>
>>1094505
>destruction of private property as a response to some shouting

no john, you are the neanderthals
>>
>>1086303
In the main road.
I have the light.
Guy from side road pulls out, hits me dislodging my rear quick release, bending my rim slightly and disc rotor severely and continues going.
Two drivers behind him stop to see if I'm ok.
One lady gets back in her car and chases him down, snapping a pic of his plate.
They then wait with me for the police and give their account.
Fucker lost his licence and paid for a new bike.
Thankfully I was fine, just a little sore the next day.
Had to walk my bike home and miss work though.
>>
File: huh.jpg (25KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
25KB, 600x512px
>>1086303
How hard is it to ride on the sidewalk?
>>
>>1094505
>practicing wheelies and filming for insta
Cringed hard
>>
>>1096032
Very hard, since there's people walking there, slowly and in every direction.
>>
>>1096032
dunno i do it all the fucking time.
>>
>>1093474
>leftist faggot
>flatbar fixie
Like poetry
>>
>>1096050
>Cringed
ok kid, dont you have school?
>>
>>1096136
Summer
>>
>>1096136
Says the wheelie instagram toddler
>>
>>1096137
ahh fair.
>>1096138
wheelies are fun and street art looks better at night
>>
Once a cager grabbed me by the ass.
I am male, so was he.
>>
>>1096144
Should have got him for (sexual) assualt. What if you tipped over and doed ir something?
>>
>>1090132
If you ever feel that way again, simply re-read the SI Brochure until the feeling abates.

>>1090297
>Using non-SI units not accepted for use with the SI

>>1093037

>>1093964
>Using abbreviations in place of the approved unit symbol of an SI unit

>>1094350

>>1096032
It's not hard. It's very dangerous though.
>>
>>1087583
Riding on the footpath is a pretty effective means of accomplishing that.

>>1087607
You are subjecting nearby pedestrians and yourself to considerable risk.

>>1087626
>>1096032
You are subjected to greater risks from motor traffic when riding on the footpath than when riding on the roadway with best practice.

>>1089277
Adults leave with enough time to account for reasonably foreseeable delays.

>>1089310
You're confusing correlation and causation. Travelling through urban areas by bicycle is a very time-effective activity and thus grants people extra free time.

>>1089549
There's no logical precedent for your first argument generally.
>>
File: spurdosatan.png (58KB, 898x628px) Image search: [Google]
spurdosatan.png
58KB, 898x628px
>>1096228
>si spergs first tentative return post a few weeks ago coincides with nikkis epic meltdown on reddit
>nikki spergs out on forechan and is eventually put back on his meds
>si autist back in full force
What if the SI sperglord is only a side effect of nikkis medication? Numbing his bipolar disorder and paranoid delusions allows his autism to come forward in full force.

I pity the poor nurses.
>>
>>1096032
Legally its the same as driving a car on the sidewalk.
>>
>>1096256
>>1089934
>>
>>1086303
People just normally hit me and then drive off without saying anything. In fact I've never had a conversation with someone driving a car while on my bike.
>>
moms in shitty minivans often honk the horn in rage when I'm going like 5kmh slower than them. Then always feels good to drop them when they're in traffic jam. (:
>>
>>1096434
This is something that really bothers me. Full-time motorists are horrible at judging speed.
One, they hardly ever drive at the posted speed limits, so they don't get a realistic sense of what most speeds are really like. Two, their jelly brains cannot fucking conceive of a bicycle going a decent speed, they only see a bike and think bike=slow=bad=RAGE!!!
Doesn't matter if you're actually in the way or what, they just can't handle it.
>>
>>1096434
>>
>>1097506
Autist. Loser. Virgin. Burden. Drain of resources.
>>
>>1086381
>Also, I've had guys on motorcycles passing me while pretending to pedal. That's always fun.
I always wondered. Bicyclists adopted the "cager" insult for car drivers from motorcyclist.
Are motorcyclists prejudiced against bicyclists? Or are they on good terms?
I'm asking because I'm riding bikes regularly for barely over a year now and haven't noticed hostility from both car drivers and motorcyclists.
>>
>>1096434
People in minivans got there because they've lost control of their lives. They're the most angry, vindictive, dangerous drivers on the road. Worse than taxi drivers, worse than ubers, worse than those jitney buses that try to squeeze down 26th street
>>
>narrow street that's part of my daily commute is consistently clogged up in rush hours
>always that bit of satisfaction when you can pass like 40+ murder cages on the side and get to the redlight first
>some stupid faggot (always a fucking SUV) swerves right just a bit to block the tiny bit of space between his car and the curb forcing me to stop and move around his cage on the fucking curb.
Happened so many times I get fucking purple from butthurt everytime it happens. Why.
>>
>>1097697
Key it every time until they stop being petty assholes. It's the only way they'll learn.
>>
>>1097703
I don't fancy getting my ass beaten by whatever drooling amoeba sits in the car.
>>
>>1097706
He's stuck in traffic. You're darting away.
>>
>>1097703
I just knock on the window, keying is escalating. Remember like a fish in a bowl, tapping on the window causes excruciating pain for a cager. Scientists aren't sure why but physically touching a cage causes them severe emotional distress and may send the cager into a state of delusional terror and rage. It's strange because if they ran over you trying to make the light the blood stains and scratches would be "just an accident, these things happen". Touching only hurts them if you're alive.
>>
>>1097703
>>1097718
thats cool if it gives you satisfaction
you get yours man
but just know the only effect you'll ever have on a driver is to make them dislike cyclists more and behave worse in future.
You can only have a negative effect, you aren't the good guy, so don't rationalise what you're doing. Enjoy it, or don't do it. Cyclists attempting to win an arguement are so delusional
>>
>>1097723
No. Motorists dont hate you for any logical reason. Youre not going to win over your opressors by being on your best behavior, so fuck em.
>>
File: fellowkids.jpg (88KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
fellowkids.jpg
88KB, 900x720px
>>1097723
>everyone should tolerate dangerous behavior because if you call out violators they'll get offended
I believe this is known as "concern trolling", excellent work cager-kun
>>
>>1097723
>behave worse in future.
Kek. Major European cities are already making it more and more painful to be a cage owner.
In mine they already cranked up prices of parkometer to like 200% of what it was previously and are already considering locking the city center to cars entirely save for logistics.

"The future" is cage-less my friend and thank fucking god for that.
>>
>>1097726
Yeah, that's basically what i'm saying.

>>1097727
I've been hit by a car twice, and nearly hit many many times. I've gotten into arguments with drivers in the past, where i know i'm right, and i attempt to argue this point to them, expecting them to come to their senses. All they do is spring into defensive mode and act worse and worse. It is just not possible to convince someone they're wrong when they're feeling threatened (immediately & inevitably the case with bad drivers). Afterwards i always feel really shit. So i reflected on this. If the only effect arguing will have on them is to reinforce their views (pretty sure this is true, and it's a bad thing), why am i even considering them? The only possible positive outcome is how it affects me. If i'm self righteous, i ride away feeling like shit. The alternative is to simply vent your anger. It's not justified and sometimes it's what you need. Sometimes springing off on a tirade and calling someone a cunt feels good. Sometimes hitting them might feel good. What doesn't feel good is trying to be the good guy, because they're the asshole, you gotta flip that shit. Be an asshole, accept that, and enjoy it, or rise above it and let it go.

Go watch any driver v cyclist video on youtube, and ask yourself if the cyclist (almost always in the right) is actually helping themselves, feeling better about the situation, or if they're just getting progressively more upset.
>>
>>1097734
They're not going to admit they were wrong in the middle of a confrontation, you idiot

The point is they aren't thinking about their actions AT ALL, until you call them out. If they get to work and stew all day in a silent rage thinking about you, that's already progress
>>
>>1097735
Are these people reasonable or not dude?
>If they get to work and stew all day in a silent rage thinking about you, that's already progress
Yeah, progress towards murdering another cyclist
>>
>>1097740
You're seriously overestimating the level of psychosis in the average cager. They aren't interested in killing you for the sake of killing you. They talk tough on the internet but ultimately they are butthurt at the sight of a cyclist because it jolts them out of their cager coma. They'll kill you with apathy the same way a drunk driver kills with apathy and they'll rationalize it with words, but they didn't set out to take a life. They just don't care enough to change their behavior because nobody called them out. Alkies surround themselves with alkies. Cagers surround themselves with cagers.

By failing to engage with them meaningfully, without malice or vindictive levels of escalation (like the guy who says key their cars), you're making the problem worse. The fact that they rage when you tap the window is THEIR issue, not yours. You're burying your head in the sand because you're too much of a pussy to stand up for yourself - not saying you need to punch people, but STAND UP and call people out.

Being a pushover like you're advocating is just going to fuck you over in the long run.
>>
>>1097742
I think you're sort of right. The main problem with bad drivers is apathy.

The solution is making driving more and more prohibitive, and incentivizing cycling. It's also about changing the culture, so that cycling becomes a normal thing, which people respect.

It's not about pissing off drivers so that they can later come to their senses. It's not about educating 'cagers' from a grassroots level.

Your very attitude towards drivers, who make up the bulk of the population, and are for all intents and purposes 'everyday people' is extremely counter productive. Don't you see the irony in calling people cagers, and holding such comtempt for them, whilst simultaneously expecting to win them over to your cause?

There is an enormous amount of hostility towards cyclists, and it bears down on us. I can absolutely understand being angry about it, but don't kid yourself into thinking that is productive. It isn't good for them, and it isn't good for you.
>>
>>1097748
>Don't you see the irony in calling people cagers, and holding such comtempt for them
Blacks should just been nicer to lynch mobs, you're right. My b.
>>
>>1097748
I don't expect to "win over" anyone. I expect them to be aware that cyclists exist, and exercise reasonable caution around them, like they already do when operating around other cagers.
>>
>>1097749
Your victim complex is pretty fucked up mate.

This isn't a bad (crude as fuck) analogy to use though. I'd argue that the self righteous 'fuck white people' elements of the civil rights movement, like the black panthers & Malcom X, where counter productive. They simply incited further devisiveness and fueled the flames of white racism. Smart negros who didn't deride whites in general, like Martin Luther King where the ones who changed the culture for the better.

Also, as i said, if you're going to be angry, just be angry, be a cunt, don't justify yourself or hold some faux highground. That's also a legit positiion for the cheeky anarchist bleks who didn't try to argue they where right, but where just angry and acted like cunts. That's ok too (as long as they get their shits and giggles)
>>
>>1097753
>Your victim complex is pretty fucked up mate.
Says the guy who thinks he's going to be tracked down and murdered for tapping on someone's window
>>
>>1097757
It's called hyperbole, you (on this rare occasion relevant, and literal) autist
>>
>>1097753
Except ypu can stop being a passive aggressive cager. You cant change your skin colour. Incentivising altered behaviour is different from dividing people along lines they can not pass, little concern troll.
>>
>>1097759
>It's called hyperbole, you (on this rare occasion relevant, and literal) autist
Hmm, perhaps a bit like the anon bringing up KKK lynch mobs?

Enough with your concern trolling, cager. It's very tiresome.
>>
File: 1501619199036.png (394KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1501619199036.png
394KB, 666x666px
>4:30am
>riding through neighborhood with no streetlights
>have my flashlight on lowest setting
>any higher than that and cagers rage, flash lights, and honk at me
>my turn is coming up ahead on the left
>suv is parked in the middle of opposing lane
>its headlights are blinding me
>coming up to pass when at last second see two pedestrians standing next to it in middle of my lane
>one is talking to driver of suv other is looking at their phone
>move just quickly enough to ride between suv and idiot pedestrian
>as I reach back of suv i realize theres a dog in front of me held onto by a leash
>barely dodge it

From now on I'll be riding with my flashlight on maximum. I almost wish I were a little more alert so I'd have thought to kick their dog in the head.
>>
>>1097761
The equivalence here is with 'being a passive aggressive cager' and being a white racist, or between being a cyclist and being black.

>>1097762
An analogy is a bit like hyperbole, they're both literary devices, sure.
>>
>>1097764
>have my flashlight on lowest setting
>any higher than that and cagers rage, flash lights, and honk at me
idiot, they're doing that because they see you and were startled, that is a GOOD thing.

your problem is not enough lighting, not too much. what you need is two lights - a proper road light following StVZO standards, and a mericlap style 900 lumen trail flood running on strobe mode, so people can see you coming even when they aren't lookign for you.

StVZO light stays on at all times, and is primarily for road illumination, and the strobe is only for riding among cages, pointed directly ahead. you turn it off if you are on a MUP or a dedicated bike path because you'll be at much closer range with other cyclists. on city streets you're separated by two lanes of vehicle traffic and it should not be a concern.

this fear of "blinding" cagers is completely ridiculous, a cage going over a speed bump or cresting a hill puts at least as much light if not more into oncoming traffic with just headlights on low beam. people will make all kinds of stupid excuses for being a pushover.
>>
>on my bike, about to run a red light (there was no cars)
>a fat old lady with barking dog start crossing the crosswalk, our trajectories won't collide
>she see me and start speeding up, now we are on a colliding trajectory
>i steer a bit to the left in order to pass in front of her
>i'm at 2m from her when i pass the crosswalk, at the terrifying speed of 20km/h
>old lady yells at me because i ran the redlight

sigh... why are people doing that ?
>>1097768
>this fear of "blinding" cagers is completely ridiculous,
Well i'm often blinded by bike light when i'm on my bike at night so... But then again, cager lights are much more powerfull than mine so they'll be less blinded than an other bike.
>>
>>1097839
>Well i'm often blinded by bike light when i'm on my bike at night
That's why I said turn off the flood when you're on the MUP. At close range, it's rude. But on roads, there's enough distance that it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
some bike back lights are more like dazzling lasers than lights. and yes they can fuck up your vision and create danger to you form behind. and when you set it to blink it's even more annoying let me tell you.

being careful about not to blind people is not retarded or beta that's ridiculous. the front light can usually be set up so that they don't blind people but light the road in front of you. it's the strong rear lights that are the problem blinking at night just makes that worse.

the thing is however when the sun is up and strong, a weak bike light is hard to notice so blinking at daytime is completely okay and a weak light might be completely missed. our brain is wired to pay more attention to change.
>>
>>1097873
>being careful about not to blind people is not retarded or beta that's ridiculous
it is ridiculous and beta when it goes well past the point of not blinding people and makes you invisible. you're not blinding anyone with a standard bike light pointed forwards on a city street, I guarantee their night vision was already lost from all the car headlights, streetlights, etc. some easily triggered tards might yell at you because they see the bright light and think "oh, well if I was 6 feet away and coming at you head on, that might be bright". well guess what idiot, maybe you shouldn't be going the wrong way down this street, ever think of that?

it's different on a MUP when there's nothing around except other bikes
>>
>>1097874
>you're not blinding anyone with a standard bike light pointed forwards on a city street
probably not but i would have to see said light to make a judgement. every product is different sometimes it stands to reason to aim it down. and also polite and practical since you want to see the road in front of you.
>>
>>1097880
>practical since you want to see the road in front of you
that's what the shaped beam is for
>>
>>1097883
>shaped beam
you say that like it means anything... my bike light for example creates an elliptical cone with a strong circular middle. if i set it level it just blinds people and not light the road. if i set it at the right angle the road is lit the periphery is lit and doesn't blind anyone who has his head above 1 meter from ground.
>>
File: tunnelbild_premium_80_lux.jpg (78KB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
tunnelbild_premium_80_lux.jpg
78KB, 640x344px
>>1097890
>you say that like it means anything
generally when speaking of bike lights "shaped beam" and "StVZO" refer to beams with a horizontal cutoff so that the majority of the light goes onto the roadway

however, Germany is not America and therefore just as I wear a helmet which I guess is looked down upon over there, I also have a non-StVZO light, which is more than capable of blinding you at close quarters, given the orientation of the beam. however, unless you are breaking the law and endangering me, you are not going to have a problem being blinded by my non-StVZO light, because unless you are being stupid, you are separated from me by 2 lanes of motor vehicle traffic, which is more than enough for you not to have any trouble from my lights
>>
>>1097895
wow that's a pretty good light, i have to say min is kinda crap compared to that. well i'm mostly using it off road or put it to half strength in city.
>>
File: 1396578968884.jpg (15KB, 217x262px) Image search: [Google]
1396578968884.jpg
15KB, 217x262px
>>1086303
>giving a shit about blinding drivers when motorists flash their high beams at you just to fuck with you/blind you on purpose, for a laugh
Fuck 'em
>>
>>1097873
welp.
I ride with my rear light permanently on because I'm afraid of some retard not paying attention and ramming into me.

I set it to blink during the day (contrast is a lot lower and it's nowhere as blinding) and just straight-on during the night.
>>
>>1097539
I hope you overcome your self-esteem problems soon. The SI Brochure does not deal with these problems directly, but a thorough study of it will undoubtedly set you on the right path.

>>1097697
Overtake on the outside. Simple stuff.
>>
>>1097764
what did the dog do? you're a fucking psychopath seek medical treatment
>>
>>1086316
This is actually the realist talk I've ever heard, know how to do this in more than just cycling
>>
>>1098439
this!

btw i once almost hit a dog i was skating and the fucking thing appeared in front of me i couldn't avoid or stop so i did the only thing i could i jumped up and kinda gently rolled the wheels over it's back. i bet it was not a comfy rub for the doggo bit it was probably not particularly bad either. from that day on we were mortal enemies in his mind. he obviously didn't comprehend i did that to avoid hurting him more. fucking things have the brain of a chicken.
>>
>>1089983
ok, sonic, cool
>>
>>1099429
SO DOnt take it personally. Dogs are angels.
>>
File: 1497271339435.jpg (37KB, 446x602px) Image search: [Google]
1497271339435.jpg
37KB, 446x602px
>>1097764
>>have my flashlight on lowest setting
>>any higher than that and cagers rage, flash lights, and honk at me
Try pointing it at the road, not people's faces.

>>1097764
>so I'd have thought to kick their dog in the head.
I hope you die a slow and painful death.
...but at least we know why your wife left you.
>>
Fucking cagers bud
>>
>>1099482
Dogs are fucking shit, and their owners are weak-willed lemmings.
>>
>>1099598
t. cat cuck
>>
I almost hit a chad on a bike the other day. No helmet, flowing long Chad hair, I don't even wanna call him a cyclist

I was at a red behind one car waiting to turn right. It went green and guy ahead of me went, and I started turning right. Signal on the whole time, no deceleration or anything because I was practically the first car, and this chad comes screaming past on my right trying to overtake me. I had to jam on my brakes so I didn't run him off the road

Weird thing is I never passed him coming up to the light so I had no idea where he came from

I felt awful at first but the more o thought about it the dumber he was trying to overtake me turning right at
back light like that. Kind of wish I hit him and scrambled his brains for giving cyclists a bad name
>>
>>1099482
it just happened today: rip down on a trail and a fucking huge black dog that belongs to some hobo couple that lives in the woods just starts after me.

braked hard got off the bike as i knew it was the movement that excited him put the bike between us and just waited till the dog figured out if he want's to start some alpha male shit or not. he just smelled my hand and went off. once i was not moving i guess it was not fun anymore.

i don't know about angels they can be assholes just like people. but usually it's pretty easy and simple to handle them.
>>
Not a "cager" as a car driver, but a few months ago I was riding my bike on the sidewalk (no bike lane)– mostly just coasting– when I pass a pedestrian who then chews me out about riding my bike on the sidewalk.

My city has an ordinance tha explicitly allows bicycles on sidewalks where there are no bike lanes. There are quite a few signs around that read "Bicycles OK on Sidewalk". In any case, I didn't want to ride in a particularly busy street straight to Anaheim of all places, and this guy was being a dick about it.

Like, fuck, man, I was only going 10 mph and there was plenty of room for me to safely pass.
>>
>>1093168
Kek
>>
File: rip in pieces.jpg (16KB, 200x205px) Image search: [Google]
rip in pieces.jpg
16KB, 200x205px
>>1098439
>>1099429
>>1099482
>Not being ready to dispatch hell's four-legged beasts at any given moment
…and you call yourselves cyclists?

>If the dog attacks: one defense is aerosol pepper sprays made for this purpose. They have a range of about ten feet and are light enough to clip to your handlebars. A water pistol loaded with a water-amonia solution will also work but is a good deal less convenient. If you have neither of these and can't or won't climb a tree get a stick or a large rock. No? The bicycle pump. Try to ram it down his throat. In any event, don't cower or cover up, because the dog will only chew you to ribbons. Attack. Any small dog can simply be hoisted up by the legs and his brains dashed out. With a big dog you are fighting for your life. If you are weaponless try to tangle him up in your bike and then strangle him. Kicks to the genitals and which break ribs are effective. If you have got a pump or a stick hold it at both ends and offer it up to the dog horizontally. Often the dog will bit the stick/pump and hang on. Immediately lift the dog up and deliver a very solid kick to the genitals. Follow up with breaking the dogs ribs or crushing its head with a rock. If worst comes to worst ram your entire arm down its throat. He will choke and die. Better your arm than your throat.
t. 'Richard's Bicycle Book', Richard Ballantine
>>
>>1099732
>not racing the dog
>>
File: e95.png (166KB, 564x452px) Image search: [Google]
e95.png
166KB, 564x452px
>Be sprinting
>Car guns it to overtake you just so they can turn across you into a side road forcing you to slam on the brakes

WHY DO THEY DO THIS?
>>
>>1100007
A guy did this to me once because that turnoff is popular with cagers for some reason, I had to brake from about 25mph which was extra frustrating going uphill. But I ground like mad and turned at the next intersection to get in front of him. The next stretch of road is a hill going down to a stop light which I usually can hit 40mph on, but I rode my brakes and slowed down to make him miss the light, which made him ride the horn and roll his window down to rage at me because that light takes fucking forever. I told him to be more careful next time and went on my way. He acted like he had no idea what was going on. He probably couldn't make the connection in his mind between the cyclist he cut off and almost hit, and the cyclist who made him miss the light. He may not even have realized or understood I was riding my brakes down the hill.

Felt good anyway.
>>
>>1099650
He had the right of way though, at least where I live.
>>
File: 1491843253439.jpg (67KB, 444x457px) Image search: [Google]
1491843253439.jpg
67KB, 444x457px
I was almost killed by a pitbull the other day.

It was at the bottom of a steep hill and I was afraid that it would catch up with me so I slammed my brakes. It lunged at me, but I was faster than he was. I grinned, grabbed my pump, and shoved it up the dogs ass, pumping it until the dumb animal exploded into a million pieces. It's owner ran outside in time to be splattered by the thing's guts then she killed herself on the spot. I wiped the gore off my sunglasses before putting them back on and letting out a chuckle. "I guess you could say that they were all bark and no bite." I lit a cig then rode off into the sunset to f*** my gfs.
>>
>>1097693
Can't speak for other motorcyclists but I've always been cool with cyclists even before I was into riding. It's kind of a 2 wheel thing I guess. Not to mention both sides equally hate cars.
>>
>>1099870
Maybe Richard just needs a LTC.
>>
>>1099871
that's what the dog wanted
generally you can't win unless you are a world class athlete and have a dead start and the dog is under-motivated
>>
>>1099870
wtf just use the bike as a barrier like any sane person would
>>
>>1100007
People do this to other cars all the time too, I'll be driving with the flow of traffic and some asshole will go +20 mph above speed limit to pass and turns within 5 seconds of passing me.
Don't understand the psychology behind it.
>>
File: 1500862117847.jpg (195KB, 523x740px) Image search: [Google]
1500862117847.jpg
195KB, 523x740px
>>1093474
Thought the same thing so I got rid of it.
>>
>>1101418
the hoodie still says ARYAN POOPER or whatever but you've already made it a lot better
>>
>>1101418
Triggered
>>
File: ssum.png (814KB, 523x740px) Image search: [Google]
ssum.png
814KB, 523x740px
First time using PhotoShop
>>
>>
File: 81239912.jpg (107KB, 983x653px) Image search: [Google]
81239912.jpg
107KB, 983x653px
>>1096032
I will pop my tires if I ride on the sidewalks around my house man, I can't afford it
>>
>>1101758
are your sidewalks made of glass and sharp edges?
>>
>>1096032
Almost completely impossible except between 2-5 AM when there aren't too many people out
>>
>>1101801
Do you know what trees are? Those big things with roots?
>>
Among all the stories of bad circumstances, i want to contribute with a good one, for a change:

>coming back from a long-ish ride
>on a steep climb on my way back home
>narrow 2-lane road
>shoulder checking, see big-ass black SUV
>"oh, shit"
>speed up a bit in order to reach a spot where it could safely overtake me
>SUV never honks nor tailgates me
>as we reach that safe passing spot, it overtakes me giving me plenty of space
>as it does so, rear window rolls down a bit
>a tiny hand pops out (probably a 6-year-old or something) and gives me a thumbs up
>that kid made me get back home with lifted spirits and a smile on my face

There's some decent people out there. Don't lose hope yet.
>>
File: flat tire zone watch out.jpg (4MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
flat tire zone watch out.jpg
4MB, 2816x2112px
>>1101829
Yes
>>
>>1101758
You mean pop your tube right? The tire doesn't hold the air the tire holds the tube which holds the air
>>
File: tire poppers.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tire poppers.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>1101829
>>
>>1101855
Not only are those GIANT sidewalks, the likes of which I've never seen around here, looks like they were planted carefully.
I live in an extremely old part of the state, on the right side of the country, and that means the trees grow where ever the fuck they want, pushin' up they big ass roots where ever they please. Sometimes it's just taking a chunk out, some times it creates a fucking skateboard ramp.
It even seems like half the time there's a shitty piece of walk, there's some holly bush placed near it so all you fucking skin gets ripped off if you slip.

What kind of trees are they, though? They're skinny af.
>>
File: TreeSidewalkx450.jpg (34KB, 450x210px) Image search: [Google]
TreeSidewalkx450.jpg
34KB, 450x210px
>>1101858
>>1101855
>>
>left at lights
>take left turn lane behind car
>car behind me starts honking at me for some reason
>using my hands to indicate that the left turn lane turns left so I went into this lane to turn left while he's in his isolation cage pretending to not see me suddenly
>light turns green, car ahead goes, I start going, he tries to overtake me on the outside for some insane reason
>I block him and start calling him afucking retard and stuff
>next light is red anyway and we're all in the same position again and I'm just looking at him
>he turns right into a parking lot and exits the other side and leaves
>>
>>1101885
why would you ride straight into the raised side when the left side isnt raised?

better yet go around it in the grass

i live in milwaukee and the sidewalks are like this in areas and unless you are part retarded they are no problems and little kids ride up and down the sidewalks all day

little kids are better at biking than you
>>
>>1102080
>why would you ride straight into the raised side when the left side isnt raised?
Better yet, you could ride in the road where you're [in most of the country] legally supposed to be and isn't a root course.

>little kids ride up and down the sidewalks all day
Little kids either ride slow as fuck on giant balloon tires or are doing sick af tricks on their little BMX bikes.
I'm not going to slow enough the sidewalk, where I can hit someone or a car is more likely to hit me, and carefully going around cracks or slowing to the point where I don't fuck up my wheels.

I don't even run that skinny a tire, but it's a road bike. Road bike no like cracked surfaces.
It can be done, by why?

All of this is further exasperated by the fact that most sidewalks don't have those west-coast liberal handicapped ramps at the end.
You're asking me to ride on this just to come to a hard five inch drop or more every fucking block.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>1101758
You are also subjecting yourself to considerably greater risk of suffering an accident.

>>1102080
Better yet, ride on the road, which is invariably maintained to a higher standard than an obstacle course.
>>
>>1086303
>in high school
>ride on the side of the road because I am a functional and considerate human being
>no one ever bothers me

Fucking grow up
>>
>>1086866
This. The impact pretty much wiped any memory several minutes before and after the accident.
>>
>>1102255
No, it's shock, not memory loss.
Otherwise it would also affect the rest of the accident (it's "I was hit by a car, felt OK when talking with driver, started realising I was hurt a few minutes later", not "I went for a ride, woke up in an ambulance")
>>
>>1102296
Depends on the injury. Hits to the head do cause memory loss.
>>
>>1102247
Fuck you, cunt. It's the fault drivers. It isn't the cyclist.
>>
>>1102296
Wrong, concussion makes you forget the impact, and depending on the severity, some time before and after the incident, even if you don't lose the conciousness at all

>t. had a concussion
>>
>>1102310
This. Smacked my head on the ground hard enough to give me two black eyes and I don't remember a thing about it, much less the pain of the impact.
>>
>>1102302
Fucking grow up, ride on the side, fag
>>
>>1102359
Yeah and just never take left turns ever? or never pass slower cars? did you think this through? or think at all?
>>
>>1102364
Cross at a crossing then dipshit, riding at 20kmh in the middle of the road is inconsiderate, incredibly stupid and fucking annoying for anyone else on the road.

You don't own the road, stop acting like you do, you are around a thousand kilograms lighter than a car, use your brain
>>
>>1102310
You're half right. That can happen, but you can pretty easily fuck yourself up on a bike without a concussion, and have shock keep you from the pain initially.
>>
>>1102365
What if you don't live in the city where there's not crossings?

Not everyone is inept like you and can't handle riding in traffic. Bikes are a vehicle and belong on the road fine.

And if a driver seriously cant handle going around a little fucking bike, they might as well turn in their license if they're that shitty of a driver. overtaking other vehicles is like first day of drivers ed
>>
>>1102367
I live in a big city, I've been to countless big cities and there hasn't been one without crossings, even Beijing had fucking crossings, show me one big city without crossings and no it can't be in Africa.

I can handle it it's just that I'd rather not because cars are around 1000 FUCKING KILOGRAMS heavier than me and I'd rather not take my chances and ride in the middle of the fucking road like you you fucking stupid dickhead

You do know what those lines on the road mean right? Solid white means don't go over, dotted means you can go over but it's still a dumb fucking idea, dotted on your side but solid on the other means you can cross over but the others cant and vice versa. I'm not gonna make some driver cross entirely over in to the next lane with oncoming traffic just to pass me cause I'm riding in the middle like a moron.

Again use your fucking brain, if you can't figure out that riding in the middle of the road is a dumb idea in your 20's then fucking kill yourself, a fucking 10 year old is smarter than you.
>>
>>1102369
I said what if you DONT live in the city. Ever been to a rural area? Most don't have crossings. Drive 20 miles in any direction from almost any city, and you're gonna be in some rural area, suburbs, shit where there's aint crosswalks. And you need to turn left eventually.

Also, i'm a messenger. I ride in traffic daily. I know how roads work. It's not hard. I don't know why you're such a blubbering idiot behind the wheel/handlebars. A lot of times I need to ride in the middle of the road. Because I need to take a left turn, and can't waste several minutes waiting for 2 light changes, the dealing with getting from the sidewalk back onto the road. Because there's construction. Because there's a slow ass car. Because there's a jam. because i'm not a drooling retard who can't ride in traffic, or handle someone else riding a bike while im driving
>>
>>1102371
Misread that lol, anyway yes I have been to rural area's, unless you are literally in the middle of nowhere on a road in the desert there's going to be crossings if you live in a first world country, even the shittiest small towns in the outback of Australia have crossings

FUCKING LOL, a messenger, pretty pathetic desu man, if you really know how roads work you wouldn't ride in the middle of the road like the OP did on a leisurely ride without the intention of turning in a residential fucking area let alone somewhere with a lot of fucking traffic

Also you should be signalling with your hands to turn so people see you and know you're moving from the side of the road, dunno if you know that as a US cyclefag but back in primary school here they taught us that shit in some bike-ed shit, saw diagrams of it too on the computer competency test for my drivers license
>>
>>1102374
nigga you dont need to tell me how to ride a bike, i ride 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. riding in traffic is literally my job. yes i know how signalling works. there's nothing wrong with riding in traffic, you end up being faster than the other cars, which is why messengers exist in the first place.

the problem is you're either a shitty rider or so chickenshit scared of riding on the road you think its dangerous, and you apply that to everyone else
>>
>>1102374
>if you really know how roads work you wouldn't ride in the middle of the road like the OP did on a leisurely ride without the intention of turning in a residential fucking area let alone somewhere with a lot of fucking traffic
So you don't understand how roads work, huh?
You talk about the sanctity of lines of the road, you do know there are a lot of roads around here that literally instruct the cyclist to take the lane, the entire lane, right?
>>
>>1102376
Riding on the road in traffic is inherently dangerous you mong, you are riding amongst 1 ton+ hunks of metal that can get to over 100 KMH, I'm not going to purposely get in the way of one without a good fucking reason, you wanna know a neat trick to get places fast, not dying, I'd rather minimise the chances of getting hit by not purposely riding in the middle of the road unnecessarily like in the OP

Not to mention most drivers are fucking stupid, I'm saying this as a driver and a cyclist, some are even aggressive and reckless, if you don't think you should be reducing your chances of getting hit on the road with all the retards out there you must be fucking suicidal

>>1102380
What kind of backwards fucking country do you live in?
>>
>>1102383
being in traffic regardless is inherently dangerous. walking is inherently dangerous. the fuck are you even on. you're not getting in the way of shit, you're riding with them. its fine if you dont feel safe, but thats just your ass, dont act like everyone else is the same as you in terms of riding.
>>
>>1102383
Philly, you fucking retard.
It's really obvious you dont know anything about sharing a road, how cars function in the reality of the road, or anything else.

I've been hit by a car while biking on the sidewalk and once walking on the sidewalk.
Never been hit riding on the road or had very many close calls riding in the road, but nearly every time I decide to take the sidewalk, some retarded cager nearly hits me. In fact, last time I took the sidewalk in order to rush and save a few seconds, I was nearly hit twice in the span of less than two miles. (One cager even laughed about it. )
You simply dont know what youre talkinng about b
>>
>>1102383
For instance, cagers have tunnel vision, if it aint the road, it aint traffic. In addition to that, they have a hard time realistically guessing the speed of a bike. (Because bikes MUST be slow, even if youre seeing evidence to the contrary at the time) That's a good way to get hooked.

The most terrifying thing I see daily when crossing a one way street is seeing another driver oncoming come up to the stopsign and seeing them only turn their head the direction traffic could come legally. (Where I look both left and right regardless) Full time motorists just dont see things outside their car as human.
>>
>>1102390
Yeah, this is 100% right. from all my work as a messenger, sidewalks are way more dangerous than roads. Especially if you're going at anything other than grandma speed. You got random cracks and uneven surfaces, random curves, pedestrians being unpredictable, cars randomly pulling out or driveways/parking lot without fucking looking. plus its just wayyy narrower than a road. sidewalks are sketchy as fuck, dont ride on them. I mean, theyre not made with biking in mind. at least not at any speed faster than 10 mph
>>
>>1102395
Fuck; point being that youre asking to die if you dont make youreself part of traffic as cagers deem traffic. You wont be looked for otherwise.
>>
>>1102389
That's why you reduce your chances of getting hurt, the sidewalks aren't there for no reason, builders don't wear eye protection for no reason, airbags aren't a standard feature in cars nowadays for no reason.

I'm on crack obviously, you're not riding "with" traffic if you are going slower than them, unless you average 60kmh an hour, which I highly doubt, you aren't riding with traffic

>>1102390
AHAHA PHILLY, of course it's in the USA, how the fuck do you almost get hit on the sidewalk unless the fuckers are purposely swerving on to the sidewalk, I know plenty about sharing roads, they teach this shit in primary school and it's also on the learners permit test and the probationary permit test.

Here we have bike lanes and dedicated bike paths in most, thankfully most people stick to them, mostly obnoxious lycrafags break out of it and ride super slow in the middle of traffic, even if there isn't a bike lane cyclists will stick to the side of the road

Your city sounds retarded as fuck, get out while you can my man

>>1102395
Depends where you're from, I've found here in Melbourne, Australia drivers are retarded but generally look both ways but it's hell in Sydney, no one looks anywhere ever, driving is almost as bad as cycling in Sydney, the traffic is fucking retarded
>>
>>1102400
Youre not listening. We've told you the dangets if the sidewalk and in order to mitagte those, especially here where sidewalks arent six feet across, you'd have to ride at a speed that would defeat the purpose of riding.
>>
>>1102402
Ride on the side of the road then, I never said to ride on a sidewalk, there are bike lanes around my city for a reason, a bloody good one, same reason why helmets are legally required here, and even when there aren't most people still ride on the side of the road, they get to places with a much lower injury rate and get to places just as fast
>>
>>1102404
If it makes sense to. Doesnt always make sense to.
I was doored on Washington Ave and thank fucking God I didnt actually go down. I should have been riding more center of the road.
>>
>>1102407
Dooring is random though, an uncontrolled variable, you can't really prevent it, only the driver really can by looking before they open, luckily I've never been doored, maybe people in my city actually look before doing something, pretty lucky you didn't go down though eh, wouldn't have been much fun, the bike lanes in our city usually have enough space for people to ride and not get doored by the parked cars though

Anyway, I think I might go for a ride, it's first day in a good while where it hasn't rained and I have the day off so why not
>>
>>1102410
you can prevent dooring by never riding in the door zone.
>>
>>1102410
You actually can prevent getting doored, you take the lane.
>>
File: SCOOB.jpg (43KB, 497x401px) Image search: [Google]
SCOOB.jpg
43KB, 497x401px
>>1102411
>>1102412
What if they're re-shutting while they're driving it cause they didn't close it properly, checkmate middle-of-roaders

Anyway, I'm gonna go for that ride now
>>
>>1102413
Then they would be behind or in front of me. Are you retarded?
>>
>>1097693
Gotta keep the mutual respect. Some big hills out this way, go for a day ride on weekends and get plenty of motos out. Always let them pass; it's not a race.
Motorbikes are able to lane split stopped traffic in the city, usually find a way to let them pass there too. Maybe I'm biased because I've got friends that ride motorbikes but I can't recall having had bad interactions with moto riders.
>>
>>1102495
>I can't recall having had bad interactions with moto riders.
the one exception is drunk guys who can't handle their bikes
but they're very rare, most moto riders i've met are skilled and experienced
i think they deal with cager's bullshit as much as cyclists, so they go out of their way to be decent to cyclists
>>
>>1102585
I'd wager a guess that the average motorcyclist is more skilled than the average cager, and that the people who are most bothered by cyclists on the road are unskilled vehicle pilots.
>>
>>1102247
>>1102359
>Ride on the side of the road because I don't know or care about what the published evidence tells us about safe riding practices
That's fine, but you don't get to be sanctimonious towards those who do care about their own safety.

>>1102365
>You don't own the road, stop acting like you do
You're the one who's acting like he owns the roads. You don't get to apply whatever rules you please.

>>1102383
>Riding on the road in traffic is inherently dangerous you mong
Everything you do is inherently dangerous. It's a question of relativity. Taking the lane is relatively safer than riding in the gutter or on the footpath.

>I'm not going to purposely get in the way of one without a good fucking reason
Being seen is the reason.

>I'd rather minimise the chances of getting hit by not purposely riding in the middle of the road unnecessarily like in the OP
It's not unnecessary and your actions are counter-productive to your stated aim.
>>
>>1102365
>>1102400
>No space between the number and the unit

>>1102383
>Abusing SI unit symbols
>>
>>1102944
Can i suggest that you change it to 'Please read the SI Brochure'? I think hardly anyone has actually read the 'chure, so asking people to re-read it is inaccurate. This is not their fault, rather a failing of our society to place enough importance on the accurate usage of metric units. Asking people to re-read the Si Brochure is also rather hostile as it implies that Si errors are caused by lack of comprehension & stupidly rather than the simple ignorance that requests to make an initial reading of the 'chure imply. Telling people they have read the 'chure when what you really want is for them to read the 'chure seems counter productive. If your implication is that people are too stupid to understand the 'chure, and your only intent is to mock them for this, then you're really just throwing pointless insults, but i'd like to think that you genuinely care about accurate usage of units, and have a good heart. This is what i'd like to think, and in the spirit of camaraderie i appeal to you to change your ways, not just for me, or yourself, but for the Si Brochure, which i think we can all agree, deserves to be read by all.
>>
>going at least 40km\h on the right lane
>there is this huge pickup on the left lane that clearly tryign to go fast but cant because of traffic
>there is a round-a-bout ahead so i go to the left lane and ride behind this cager
>when we stop at the roud-a-about i go besides him for protection, of course
>this for some reason infuriates this faggot and he starts revving his car like saying to me OH NO YOU ARENT GOING BEFORE ME
>i step out my bike and im like YOU WANNA GO RIGHT NOW FAGGOT?
>when i do this this puny faggot in his big car can see that im actually a huge strong dude, i look small when hunched over in this road bike
>he panics and acellerates into the round-a-bout almost crashing

I try to avoid escalating things, but that faggot revving up that loud as fuck car right at my side really got to me. I was ready to fight that fucker over that stupid shit.

Motorcyclist speeding like to scream at us too, even when they invade the bycicle path to speed through a light. I felt like kicking some off their bikes a couple of times.
>>
File: 1503477584549.gif (156KB, 139x137px) Image search: [Google]
1503477584549.gif
156KB, 139x137px
>ameriburgers ride on sidewalks
>>
File: yho9pgM.jpg (202KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
yho9pgM.jpg
202KB, 1600x1200px
>Doing 25mph
>Cager yells at me to cycle on the pavement
>Cycling on the pavement at 25mph with the lemmings I mean pedestrians
>>
>driving the 40 minute cage commute
>see bike riding straight in the middle turning lane
>its a black guy texting on his phone while riding
>lol
I don't blame him. This is a horrible place to ride a bike.

>>1103011
I do it to get to the next town over. Only other options are a one lane road that moves on average 45mph or the shoulder of the highway that will hit 65mph and will change into right turn lanes/car park entrance/exits.
>>
>>1103011
Nope, retarded ameriburger cagers think cyclists should ride on sidewalks so as not to inconvenience them, then come to 4chan and rp as cyclists who ride on sidewalks.
>>
Who cares?
>>
>>1086602
It's to minimize the time spent driving cautiously to avoid hitting the cyclist. Cagers hate us because they have to be super careful driving around us.
>>
>>1103011
Iḿ german and ride on sidewalks on the uphill when it is allowed since I slow down to 25 km/h there.
>>
>>1102965
Do you think naming it IS or IUS instead of SI would help?
I'm French, and am always surprised to see Système International, when International (Unit) System would be better understood internationally.
Also had no idea you guys have a brochure. Is it a bike thing or Muriclap thing?
>>
>>1086303
Womyn loved to be called "fat cow"
Use that next time.
>>
Cuckmobiles are the albatross around the neck of western civilization. Besides farting up the air, destroying the environment, literally making people retarded and being carcinogenic to boot, they also have turned people into lazy selfish shitheads who view their fellow citizens and ther cities as nothing but obstacles.

When cagers moan about cyclists and PT taking up road space, feel free to point out that is because all of the right of way has been usurped by this degenerate majority. And if any atrophied degenerate points out that cycling is gay or unamerican, throw it right back at them:

- Using your legs to travel freely and unfettered anywhere you wish, remaining healthy by using your body as it was designed for and minimizing your impact on the world.

Or

- Paying the government for the privilege of having an identifying number at all times, and giving the police freedom to pull you over at any time and infringe your liberties. And sending a tip to the friendly arab muslims to set up some more madrasas for every gallon you burn.

Which is more manly and in line with western ideals?
>>
What do I do when cagers block me going where I want to go. Like I'll want to turn at a roundabout but they will force me down an exit I don't want to go down.
>>
Why are they even call cagers? It's not a cage?
>>
>>1103557
It's a literal cage. A Faraday cage as well.
>>
>>1103378
It's just autistic board culture.
>>
File: 2017-08-27-214937_621x504_scrot.png (66KB, 621x504px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-27-214937_621x504_scrot.png
66KB, 621x504px
>>1103557
>It's not a cage?
It is? You're enclosed by a massive chunk of metal with small slits in it's body so you can see the glimpse of the world sorrounding you completely isolated from the aforementioned world. How it is NOT a cage?
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (164KB, 1280x763px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
164KB, 1280x763px
>>1103557
>Why are they even call cagers? It's not a cage?
wrong
>>
>>1103557

It's a cage of the mind.
>>
>>1103113
>because they have to be super careful driving around us.

No. If you are where you are supposed to be, there is no need for extra care.
>>
>>1103078
25 miles an hour is pretty damn fast for an unpaved surface.
>>
>>1103695
>25 miles an hour is pretty damn fast for an unpaved surface.
>pavement
he probably lives in bongistan where they call the sidewalk the pavement
>>
File: veronica093.jpg (540KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
veronica093.jpg
540KB, 750x1125px
>>1103646

Not the person you originally responded to but you made a pretty dumb statement. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've seen cagers cut cyclists off, bypass a stop sign, open doors without checking mirrors etc etc.

The world is not some merry-go-lucky place where nothing ever happens. Both sides - cyclists and cagers - need to vigilant.
>>
I ride my folding bike a few miles every day between the terminal and my aircraft its a company thing for when we are parked without jetways. cage rage even exists for those driving catering trucks and baggage tugs.
>>
>>1103698
I think he means the car. If youre in your proper lane, signaling your turns, and stopping and going with proper tight if way like you already should be, theres no extra carefull around a bike, because the bike can do nothing dangerous at that point, short of riding into you.
I also drive and it gives me complete AIDS to see motorists freak out near bikes. In reality it's because they dont care to know car law either.
>>
>>1096032
That's illegal where I live
Bicycles are vehicles
>>
>>1086383
It's because people are taught to leave space for cars so they can pass, there's no reason for a cyclist to take an entire lane smdh 'murricans
>>
>>1103991
well living in eastern europe you're sometimes forced to ride in the middle of the lane cause the shoulders are unbelievably potted.
>>
>>1101573
kek
>>
>>1103551
Give them a good ole one finger salut. And hope you meet them at the stop light so you can break one of their mirrors.
>>
File: Yplh18u.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>1103557
>>
>>1103011
It's just more convenient a lot of the time and the sidewalks then connect to the bike paths which depending on where you are going can get you to a place faster than cycling on the road
>>
cagers here in a specific community do not seem to understand a crosswalk that has three signs and a painted crossway. said crossway is the way in/out of a large housing community in town. apparantly you're just supposed to not even stop at all if you don't see anything in the traffic circle.
>>
anyone else notice the post-workday 4:30-5:30 cagers are fucking insane?
>>
>>1105222
>anyone else notice the post-workday 4:30-5:30 cagers are fucking insane?
because they are spiritually and emotionally crushed from sitting in a box working for a kike all day
they are desperate to get home as fast as possible to get the most out of the few free hours they have before they have to sleep and work again
>>
>>1105228
pretty much
>>
>>1102965
No. When people use SI units, unit symbols or prefixes the only reasonable conclusion is that they have read, perused or otherwise consumed the SI Brochure, or some close facsimile thereof. In pragmatic terms, repeatedly typing "Please re-read the SI Brochure." is a lot less taxing than typing "Please read or re-read the SI Brochure as appropriate." when the situation doesn't explicitly call for it.

>>1102991
>Using undefined operators

>>1103078
>>1103085

>>1103378
Change the initialism of the SI would not be helpful, as it would no longer reflect its full name in its language of official record, namely French. The SI Brochure defines the SI at all times, in all places and for all uses.
>>
>>1105422
>notice thread watcher turned red
>someone finally replied to my week old post
>its this s*** again
>>
>>1105422
Go die in a fire, you worthless cunt.
>>
>>1090365
>2017
>still calling people racist unironically
>>
>>1105473
That would do nothing to further compliance with the SI Brochure either on 4chan or in general, so I am afraid I must refuse your advice.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.