[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"taste" is fucking meaningless, so just listen to whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0571.png (203KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571.png
203KB, 400x400px
"taste" is fucking meaningless, so just listen to whatever crazy shit you want
>>
that does not make sense

the conjunction 'so' does not connect the two sentences in a logical way
>>
>>75197055
the raindrops (x1471)
>>
>>75197055
If that's true, then this mistake is made every minute.
>>
>>75197015
No
>>
>>75197055
>Taste is fucking meaningless. Just listen to whatever crazy shit you want.

How could "so" not connect these two?
>>
>>75197068
WAAAAALK INTO THE JAWS OF HEEELLLL
>>
>>75197103
how is sentence 2 the logical conclusion of sentence 1?
>>
>>75197111
THE RAINDROPS (X7918213432601)
>>
>>75197114
because taste is meaningless, you should just listen to whatever crazy shit you want
>>
>>75197128
listening to whatever crazy shit you want = having a taste
>>
>>75197143
listening to whatever crazy shit you want = not caring about taste (because taste is meaningless)
>>
>>75197159
not caring about taste but ultimately having one
taste has a meaning
>>
File: ripped jerry disintegration.png (88KB, 277x361px) Image search: [Google]
ripped jerry disintegration.png
88KB, 277x361px
>>75197180
the implication is that taste is meaningless to other people, to free all the morons on this board developing their taste to posture for other morons on this board
>>
>>75197015
>implying there's no order and sense in death grips's music
>>
To clear this up to people who are just as autistic as I: "taste," at least the way I see it, is the discernment of whether the traits that a piece of art has are enjoyable to you or not. It's breaking down the components of a work and deciding whether you like them.
For example: I like interesting, experimental use of rhythms. I like that quality in samples as well, and I often do the same thing for visual art. I like abstract, almost-cryptic lyrics that can carry multiple valid readings and meanings. I like the way a good ol' yell can carry emotions in its own way. These are basic, core components of Death Grips's music, and therefore I love it. If you don't like these things, then you'll probably dislike it.
Taste is not "meaningless;" it simply has its own manifestations unique to each human. The only way you can develop your taste is to, yes, listen to a bunch of eclectic varied music, but also to learn about music itself. It wasn't until I started learning theory and dabbling in music creation that I started to enjoy the weird shit, since I was able to know which rules they were breaking and why; and when I knew that, I could appreciate it in a way that a younger version of me never could.
>>
File: 1379006823578.png (7KB, 338x323px) Image search: [Google]
1379006823578.png
7KB, 338x323px
>>75197015
DO YOU APPRECIATE THE SUBTLETIES OF TASTE
BUDS
>>
taste doesnt exist its a spook
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.