[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ableton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Producers of /mu/, what's the best way to learn Ableton for making bleep bloops? I've been recording local bands on Reaper for some time and I taught myself fruity loops when I was a kid, so I'm not completely clueless about DAWs.

What do you wish you had been told when you first started with the program?
>>
>/mu/ is one of your tabs
This must be a troll thread
>>
>>60179329
theres a free (i think?) online course happening from november to december. i suggest you to check it out.
>>
>>60179431
where doe
>>
First of all find the production general thread.
all I can say is read the manual and learn how to use everything in its arsenal. The daws format might seem unapproachable at first, but it's actually pretty intuitive when you get the hang of it. Have fun.
>>
>>60179526
OP here, just started the one on berklee's website
>>
>>60179329
Best way to get better with any DAW is to just play around with it. You can watch and read all the tutorials in the world but you won't get a feel for it until you put in several hours of messing around with it yourself
>>
>>60179575
what a fucking soundbite that is. it's not intuitive if you have to learn it to be able to use it. and compared to some other daws, ableton really isn't intuitive
>>
>>60179329
Learn warp markers, they are objectively the coolest things ever

Max for live: get it

Get to grips with drum racks, super useful

The stock reverb is shit
>>
>>60180945
>it's not intuitive if you have to learn it to be able to use it.
no, that just means there's a learning curve, which there is for literally all daws
>and compared to some other daws, ableton really isn't intuitive
how so?
>>
how do you have to learn ableton its pretty simple
>>
>>60179329
You really just wanna get a hold of the best sounds, look for some nice packs, free and/or not free

dont focus on genres too much either
>>
I just downloaded 45gb of packs and have been playing around with it, figuring shit out since. I've no desire to learn from some autist on YouTube who makes shit music, it's more fun this way
>>
>>60182311
>>60182314
what if I want to stay away from samples and make VST based synth/electronica?
>>
>>60181017
Max For Live crashes my shit all the time. Had to stop using it after it ate one of my projects. Thank god it was only something I'd just started.

>>60182331
DJ Techtools probably has a lot of info about this and will probably steer you better than /mu/.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.