[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is better? Both talented psychedelic rock icons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: syd_roky.jpg (75KB, 1036x483px) Image search: [Google]
syd_roky.jpg
75KB, 1036x483px
Which one is better? Both talented psychedelic rock icons with tragic lives.
>>
HAVE YOU DREAMED ABOUT THIS MAN?
>>
>>59694826
Roky is famous because he was the first in use drugs in music
Syd because he make good music with drugs.
>>
>>59696171
>he was the first in use drugs in music
What?
How can anyone actually believe this? Like without even knowing others who used drugs earlier in writing music, how could you not even suspect this isn't true?
>>
If I could live in a world with only one of them, I'm pretty sure it would be Roky.
He did write Slip Inside This House after all.
>>
>>59696171
>implying Roky didn't make good music
>implying this isn't god-tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I-3-VWRFdU
>>
>>59694826
Comparing Syd with a fuckface
> god tier music
> god tier life story
> 9/10 would fuck in many ways while keeping a romantic relationship
>>
Between Floyd and solo albums Barrett has more worthwhile material, but the first two Elevators albums are very special to me
>>
They were both inferior to the sum of all the parts. It's not like either of them carried their groups artistically, they were just the respective spokespersons. That said, I think I'm gonna go with Roky. Although Syd was a little more experimental in sound and form which I appreciate, it's hit or miss for me. Half of Piper is amazing psych/space rock (in which the credit, as is always the case in music involving some degree of jamming and/or improvisation, belongs to the entire band and the other half is goofy, whimsical fantasy shit. There's certainly an idiosyncratic quality to his music which I can respect, but it pales in comparison to artists like Zappa or Beefheart, or Monk.
On the other hand, Roky was more conservative in style - leaning towards simpler folk song forms - but it was consistently executed well, thanks again in large part to the entire band. He was also a better and way more powerful vocalist than Syd.
Again, we must not diminish the efforts of the entire band.

>>59696205
Tommy Hall wrote Slip Inside This House

>>59697387
Get over him and critique the two on a purely musical level you attention-starved homo.
>>
>>59697890
Actually, now that I think about it I would write in an alternate candidate from the pantheon of 60's rock legends to crash and burn under the pressure of stardom, and that would be Brian Jones.
>>
>>59697890
no homo bruh
>>
Roky, on the strength of The Evil One alone.
>>
>>59696204
first to market/popularize drugs in music, give the benefit of the doubt once in a while out you fucking pedantic piece of shit
>>
>>59697980
Jones did his damn best to just get the Stones by, musically. Probably why they went to benign basics after his death
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.