[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/KingCrimson/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: MI0000488514.jpg (102KB, 1080x1078px) Image search: [Google]
MI0000488514.jpg
102KB, 1080x1078px
Can we get a King Crimson general going here? Let's talk King Crimson!
Lately I've been really focusing on their original lineup and how impressive they were. They had so many interesting influences and their experimental tendencies are often overshadowed by the Larks Tongues era. 1969 era King Crimson was doing free improv, jazz fusion, classical and and intense, dissonant rendition of Gustav Holst's Mars: Bringer of War. They were such an interesting band in 1969, and they continued to be an interesting band.
Possible discussion questions:
>Favorite lineup?
>Excited for the new material?
>Favorite member besides Fripp
>Favorite live album?
Let's get this show on the road
>>
go to bed dad
>>
>>59667986
fuck off faggot memer
>>
>Vibe on my good chums ;)
>>
Where do I go after listening to In the Court, Starless and Bible Black, and Red
>>
>>59668084
Maybe Discipline if you want some great proto-math stuff? Bit of a different direction.
>>
>Favorite lineup?
LTIA era
>Excited for the new material?
Somewhat, I don't like Jakko's voice though
>Favorite member besides Fripp
Bill Bruford
>Favorite live album?
The Night Watch
>>
>>59668084
If you liked Starless and Bible Black/Red the best, check out Larks Tongues In Aspic. If you liked In The Court the best, check out In the Wake of Poseidon and Islands. If you want something completely different, check out Discipline. Honestly if you ask me, every album in their discography is worth at least a listen.
>>
>>59668095
>>59668107
Cheers la's I think I'll probably do a King Crimson week next week if that's the case
>>
>>59668084
Larks Tongues in Aspic is their best album
>>
>>59668084
Gonna second Discipline. It is truthfully the only King Crimson album I could listen to repeatedly. Not bashing any other albums, they are fantastic but Discipline has a more casual feel to it.
>>
>>59667980
my favorite member besides Fripp would have to be Bruford. I really didnt like the drumming on three of a perfect pair though. I feel like it was really bad and i can't believe it was actually Bruford.

Besides Bruford though i really liked the percussionist John Muir or whatever his name was. I think he really added a lot to Larks Tongues
>>
>Discipline era
>Yup
>Tony Levin
>B'Boom
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.