[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this an 8.5/10?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Amon-Tobin-Bricolage.jpg (79KB, 1000x996px) Image search: [Google]
Amon-Tobin-Bricolage.jpg
79KB, 1000x996px
Why is this an 8.5/10?
>>
it's not. scaruffi and p4k (who originally gave it a 10) must have been on crack.
>>
>>59624624
9/10
>>
A Day in the Garden is a pretty chill track but i don't really get it either tbh. i prefer Squarepusher and less pretentious styles of jungle.
>>
Supermodified is the true 8.5
Brocolage is a 7
>>
>>59624624
all his nu-jazz/dnb albums are pretty bad (with except of supermodified). His best album is def Foley Room which is his more experimental direction
>>
>>59624624
because it reinvented jazz and paved the way for the likes of spring heel jack and such
>>
>>59624760
>>59624783
>Supermodified
>not Permutation
>>
>>59625067
was going to say the same thing...permutation is objectively his best, i didnt even know this was up for discussion
>>
>>59624748
>i prefer Squarepusher
vomit.gif
>>
>>59625611
Squarepusher has some great stuff mate
>>
>>59624669

>(who originally gave it a 10)

source?
>>
>>59626805
>Amon Tobin
>Bricolage
>[Ninja Tune]
>Rating: 10.0
>It was the 2nd of July, 1997, right around 8:00pm. I was traveling to Chicago with Pitchfork staff writer Swank Porterhouse. We were rolling down I-94 at ridiculous speeds; the sun was racing next to us, determined to get there first.
>Having nothing but 60 CDs in the backseat we were sick of listening to, I popped this future classic in the player for the first time. Initially, we were caught off guard by a warped string section singing sweet melodies a la Tommy Dorsey. That's when the unmistakably jazz riddim set in with a knife to our throats. The string bass pounded at a volume of ten, the saxophone smoothly keeping the cool and the beat of Chicago dead ahead.
>As the city loomed over our heads, Amon rolled out the perfect soundtrack. Insane sampled rhythms and loops, fireball brass sections and overpowering orchestras led the way and I suddenly found myself more immersed in the music than the incredible metropolis before me.
>On Bricolage, Tobin pours some amazingly real-sounding instruments out of his keyboard and sampler, making old jazz music with modern technology. Up there with classic albums by Quincy Jones and Miles Davis, Tobin is a true example of what can be done with a little equipment and a wealth of talent.
>-Ryan Schreiber

Beautiful review. Very enlightening.
>>
>>59626850

>listening to music in the car with friends

disgusting, fucking plebs
>>
>>59625679
nah he's shit
>>
>>59626881
NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEE
amiriite :)
>>
>>59626850
>>59626881
>you now remember Ryan Schreiber talking about listening to In Colour in a car drive and how it gave him nostalgic feelings for those 90's years
>you now realize that he equated In Colour's basic pop shit with one of the most forward looking IDM records of the 90's
>>
>>59626907

not even about being a normie, it's just the wrong way to experience music, especially an album like that.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.