[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most disappointing album of 2015? Has a few good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Neon Indian.jpg (199KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Neon Indian.jpg
199KB, 800x800px
Is this the most disappointing album of 2015? Has a few good songs like the opener, Annie, Smut!, Slumlord and the re-release but overall it's pretty unremarkable. I bought tickets for one of his shows next month and I just hope he plays a lot from Psychic Chasms and Era Extrana which were both miles ahead of this
>>
>>59607647
STREEEET LEVEEEL SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SURVIVE THE NIIIIIGGHHTT
>>
>>59607647
this was his best album yet
>>
i like it but i think its weakest point is the hooks, the melodies are not very memorable or interesting

>>59607647
he played only the new album last time he played a show near me
>>
>>59608650
nah
>>59608767
he didn't even play Fallout, Psychic Chasms, Polish Girl or Deadbeat Summer? Well shit
>>
>>59608650
Not even close

>>59607647
I agree, it's horrible compared to his first and his most generic and middle of the road album yet.
>>
>>59607647
the production can be pretty forward thinking but the creativity is sucked out by obvious trend hopping and desire for popular appeal.
urban outfitter-core.
>>
>>59609160
>>59609205
I'd say Era Extrana was definitely more made for popular appeal, at least it was really good though. This is just bad though. Psychic Chasms, Should Have Taken Acid With You and Mind, Drips Era Extrana> Rest of Psychic Chasms> power gap> this

it's really disappointing since I love Era Extrana and Psychic Chasms and was really looking forward to hearing them live but never got around to it and now when I'm seeing him it's just crap
>>
That album cover just annoys me

Such a blatant attempt at using an aesthetic (which at this point is already starting to look dated, and not in a good way) that you're really not affiliated with in any way. It's almost worse when a pseudo-indie musician does it (instead of a bonafide pop star) because you expect them to try a little harder.
>>
>>59607647
*listens to Vektroid once*
>>
>>59607647
Neon Indian was always disappointing.
>>
Nah it's maybe his best album. His older albums were meh in retrospect, this is really good.
>>
>>59609773
>not affiliated with in any way
>one of the fathers of chillwave, neo-80s revivalism and internet meme genres is not affiliated with Vaporwave at all
Were you listening to music back in 09?
>>
>>59609773
It's to match the aesthetic of the musical stylings he is taking from the 1980's. The cover is appropriate, too bad the music is mixed poorly and less memorable than even psychic chasms
>>
>>59607647
This album is the fucking shit. Album of the year in my opinion. Neon Indian is underrated as fuck
>>
>album leaks months ago
>gets praised by most, has a 3.51 on rateyourmemes after about 250 votes
>stream comes out, pitchfork blog posts about it
>gets slammed by the memelords of /mu/
Never change /mu/
>>
>>59609934
Era Extrana is a masterpiece
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.