[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one not start to a develop a superiority complex towards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1430438982952.png (56KB, 364x271px) Image search: [Google]
1430438982952.png
56KB, 364x271px
How does one not start to a develop a superiority complex towards normalfags after going on /mu/ for so long? I feel like i wish i didn't feel this way it's literally ruining my relationships.
>>
identify what bands/artists/ have good critical appeal within the alternative music press. However, avoid indie staples such as NMH, Arcade Fire etc. because they have crossover appeal. If you must enjoy bands that have some mainstream recognition, make sure that they were formed some time ago.

Concentrate primarily on unsigned acts or acts signed to small independent labels. If their discography on wikipedia has pages for more than three albums, forget about it.

Search bandcamps for bands with maybe one or two EPs. Now claim them as your favourite band. Listen to the music and make sure it has one or more of the following elements:

>heavy feedback
>dissonance
>noise
>lack of melody
>experimental features
>experimental electronic features

Look into field recordings and put them on 24 hours so you can immerse yourself in the womb-like ambience of that African spring-well.

Start listening to hip-hop because its urban street poetry that combines elements of other music to create something unique. Hip-hop also allows exceptions to the aforementioned rules. You can listen to some popular and generic hip-hop.

Go to shows alone, become bisexual, read philosophy summaries on wiki, drink red wine, live alone, chart your music tastes on social networking sites
>>
>>55653412
actually try to do things, succeed at some of them, inevitably fail at some of them, and become a humble, like-able person along the way.

people who sit on the sidelines and comment never grow to appreciate anything.
>>
>>55653412
Just don't be autistic.
>>
>>55653412
Find other ways to feel good about yourself.
>>
You're thinking of it the wrong way. It's not that you have a superiority complex, it's just you're more learned on the subject of modern music. Having a superiority complex is being a douche. You don't have to be a douche to know more than people.
>>
>>55653412
You have 2 choices:

1. Find new friends and acquaintances who aren't normies.

2. Force your existing friends to listen to patrician music.

Both are difficult but both are rewarding if pulled off. number 2 will not work on everybody and it will take a very long time and a lot of effort, but it can be pulled off. I have friends who were listening to extreme pleb shit like marroon 5 and mumford and sons when I met them and then within a year were listening to all kinds of experimental stuff.
>>
>>55653479
beautiful
>>
>>55653412
Be more condesending. Chances are, if they listen to 3 Doors Down say, they will think your analysis is praise.
>>
>>55653479
this is the only good advice in this thread
>>
>>55653609
don't listen to this guy, even if you find music you would think your friends like, say they listen to interpol and you try showing them television, you're just gonna end up annoying them and being that guy who is preachy about his music taste and eventually your friends will stopp listening to you and caring about your music.
>>
>>55653412
>How does one not start to a develop a superiority complex towards normalfags after going on /mu/ for so long?
What? Just don't do it man. It's easy.
>>
>it's literally ruining my relationships

pppffttt
>>
>>55653412
Just don't talk about their music. I don't really have friends but the closest friend I do have, I always talk about music with, but I talk about what I'm listening to or she talks about what she's listening to. I try not to give any opinions on her music though she knows I'm a pretentious dick. We've reached a point where we're both sort of self-deprecating about our music, like, "I know you hate my music but..." is a common phrase.
>>
>>55653468
>Start listening to hip-hop

What in the literal fuck?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.