[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might actually be the saddest board The amount of pretentiousness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: what a board.png (182KB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
what a board.png
182KB, 720x408px
This might actually be the saddest board

The amount of pretentiousness is unseen by any other part of the internet, maybe Double-chan's /mu/.

There are grown adults here who will disparage other's musical taste like it's their entire personal worth. How do you feel about yourselves, /mu/ ?
>>
did you make that image yourself
>>
Sometimes I disagree with people and voice it as a fact more than an opinion.
I'm going to hell
>>
I bet you are just jelly cause I have better taste than you.
>>
OP is mad cuz he wants to talk about shitty edm or dadrock
>>
What do you want from me?
>>
>>55458763
if you're talking about music, opinion is implied. don't worry about it.
>>
Holy fuck, I made that image literally in 2011, it's not relevant at all anymore, fuck off.
>>
>>55458813
was there a xusosis-style catposter in 2011?
>>
did someone talk shit about your chart :-)
>>
File: 1430182223745.png (160KB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
1430182223745.png
160KB, 720x408px
>>55458813
is this a gun?
>>
>>55458796
But how can that be if
>music is objective
>>
>>55458734
At least you can have a recommend or discussion thread without boku no pico spam and waifu-jerking like /a/.
>>
>>55458854
That goes out the window as soon as you disregard form and academic rigor of composition. Then we can only discuss evocation, sonority and reference.
>>
>>55458734
nah, lit beats us there m8
>>
>>55458874
/a/ is at least happy while doing it
>>
>>55458827
I guess like oldschool CLT maybe.

>>55458853
Shitty uncontrolled lines to emphasize anger or something.
>>
Nah man

Out of all the hobby boards I've found /mu/ to be the least shitty.
>>
>>55458874
there still is, look at the 5-10 k-pop threads that run at the same time all day
>>
>>55458884
good music is literally if you like the noise or not,

everyone's definition is different.
>>
lol you only feel its more pretentious because you personally dont care about music as much as some other people here

its pretension is the same as any other board here
>>
File: modern_41.jpg (367KB, 1631x1224px) Image search: [Google]
modern_41.jpg
367KB, 1631x1224px
>>55458921
>>
>>55458921

that's pretty sad to be honest

The only half decent boards left on this site are the slow as fuck niche ones like /an/ imo, and even that has its dumb shit like indoor cat vs outdoor cat.
>>
>>55458942
That's just containment my man. I usually only see kpop generals and not much else outside of that.
>>
>>55458894
very, very true
>>
>/mu/ 2015
>pretentious

if anything I wish /mu/ would be more pretentious
>>
File: ya_donkey.jpg (361KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ya_donkey.jpg
361KB, 2000x1000px
>>55458734
IF YA CANT HANDLE THE BANTZ GET OUTTA THA KITCHEN
>>
saddest board on 4chan is /r9k/.

it does suck though that people who are really passionate about music fight here for differences in taste, i've gotten some amazing recommendations from this board, and i probably wouldn't have found most of the bands i listen to without help from /mu/.
>>
>>55459032
Not anymore, anon. The days of hating The Beatles is behind us.
They were pleasant times.
>>
>>55458734
Yeah we already had a post like this today
you really aren't saying anything new or of interest op so i suggest you just delete this thread
>>
>>55459048
/r9k/ is at least aware that they aren't good people
>>
>>55459048
/r9k/ is convinced that this board is /r9k/ with music.
/mu/ lacks identity today, we can only compare to other boards.
>>
>>55458945
Not when discussing rigorous composition.

However, most of the board do not have the competence to participate, so you're largely correct.
>>
>>55458921
/diy/ is super chill
>>
>>55458953
Are you memeing me /k/?

It's bretty cool too, and /o/ is decent but I don't share the same interests mostly because I'm poor.

>>55458972
Yeah, I wish that /out/ was a little more popular. There's that origami board that has posts which date back to like months ago, maybe even years.
>>
>>55459048
The taste war seems to work in /mu/'s favorite sometimes, it at least keeps us from circlejerking the same records everyday and forcing us to be critical of our own tastes. Sometimes it works like natural selection, others it makes this board look like shit.
>>
>>55458734
>pretentiousness
Is that even a word? Do you mean to write the word "pretension"?
>>
>>55458853
>>55458909
It's action art
>>
/mu/ is honestly overwhelming for me

people post their charts and I see album arts that I'm supposed to recognize that I've never seen before. Like how am I supposed have the time to listen to all of that? Where else can I talk about this music other than here? It seems almost non-existent in the real world.
>>
>>55459173
>Where else can I talk about this music other than here?
Rateyourmusic, last.fm.
That is if you're friends with patricians.
>>
>>55459094

I wish they stay unpopular, that way they're less likely to have someone posting some stupid crossboard /r9k/ or /pol/ agenda there.
>>
>>55459173
The charts are really just for senseless ego stroking. They usually relate to what the poster is listening to at that moment anyways, so it's not very accurate of their overall taste.
Generally, I avoid chart threads. Pointless.
>>
>>55459173
apparently doublecha, whatever that is. If you're interested in a genre or a band, then lurk the archives. You won't be able to join the discussion, but that's a lot more than forums which you have to register for.
>>
>>55459188
yeah, but are there any subreddits that I can subscribe to?
>>
>>55459173
well personally, i wasnt a scrub as a kid ive always listened to music and albums so maybe if people here had any fucking idea of music at a younger age they wouldve heard quite a lot of what /mu/ talks about by the time they turned 18

but i know tons of underage post here and honestly, you highschool kids have plenty of free time on your fucking hands
>>
>>55459188
Why would you want to discuss with a minimally changing selection of people you've chosen yourself?
>>
/tv/ is pretty bad. It's like r/movies plus /pol/ but mostly /pol/

Their reaction to the black guy in the new Star Wars is literally the most immature thing I've seen on this site in a while.
>>
>>55459173
Chart threads aren't always awful, it's really when people don't specify what is actually on them by naming the albums or at least the artists. I would imagine that a small group of people do this intentionally to generate exclusivity.
>>
>>55459173
If people post charts without album and artist names, they're doing it wrong
>>
>>55459231
Because they'd hopefully be listening to stuff that's about as cool as the stuff you've been hearing. You can learn from them, create bonds with them through taste and discussion.
Plus it's nice knowing who you're talking to. Better than shouting your thoughts into the cave and hoping someone, anyone calls back.
>>
File: shitheads.gif (632KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
shitheads.gif
632KB, 500x294px
>>55458734
>music is subjective.
There is no subjective, you're just being philosophically lazy. If music had no objective component it would be impossible to construct valid curriculum for teaching it, yet it's a recognized major like all the "subjective" arts. People are capable of having reasoned debates about aesthetics.
On being respectful, i'd say you have a point.
>>
>>55459246
Yeah. Very rarely will you go to /tv/ and find great movies you've never heard about. It's 90% Hollywood bullshit.
Plus, I'm pretty sure they started that Louis CK cuckposting shit, which was one of the worst things to happen to 4chan, it spilled into every board.
>>
>>55459301
That sounds mind-numbingly dull to me, it's why I limit my interaction with my real life friends to a reasonable, non-exhausting amount.
>>
>>55459309
people often confuse TASTE is subjective with music being subjective

these are the people who want only non confrontational conversations about their favorite band
>>
>>55458734
those 3 guys holding hands makes me laugh because it's cute and also gay as fuck
>>
>>55459294
If people have charts, they're doing it wrong.
>>
I never disagree with anyone here and I try to be polite and recommend good stuff and show my point of view, I usually do like to do a mini-review of the albums I'm talking about instead of just post the cover art. You guys are my only friends and I don't want to act like a douchebag just because "Lols this is 4chan i'm anons on the ultrawebs lul" I love you guys.
>>
>>55459424

There's a big gray area between disagreeing with people and being a fuckhead, y'know.
>>
>>55459424
I bet you've been on this site for a month.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.