[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else still feel as if they haven't found their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: grouper jefre skype.gif (515KB, 778x697px) Image search: [Google]
grouper jefre skype.gif
515KB, 778x697px
Does anyone else still feel as if they haven't found their "niche" yet?

For the past few years I've felt like a jack of all trades, and a master of none. I listen to music from nearly all genres, but have never dug properly into one certain genre or scene, fully explored everything it had to offer, and completely immersed myself in it, all while loving every step of the way.

It seems like most people have a keen interest in a specific type of music, but I honestly can't say the same. Do you think it's better to listen to all kinds of music fleetingly, or to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of a single genre?
>>
Just listen to what you like and be open minded for new stuff. I used to have an "indie pop/rock", a "im so sad" and a "metal" phase during my teens but settled down to just enjoy music at age 22 or something.

Maybe you'll know what I'm talking about when you grow up.
>>
>Do you think it's better
No such thing
Listen to what interests you
>>
>>55404237
That's perfectly okay. Most genres have only like ~10 actually good artists.
>>
>>55404309
>Just listen to what you like and be open minded for new stuff.
Oh, I'm already doing this, and as it happens I'm 22. Everything excites me and it's great, but I can't help but feel frustrated for some reason that I haven't found my.. thing. Or maybe everything is my thing. Huh.

>>55404322
Yeah, you're right, that was probably a stupid thing to ask.
>>
>>55404472
Well everything is your thing then. You don't need to be a p4k drone or "i only listen to norwegian 90s black metal" or something. You don't need to have a label describing your music taste.
>>
>>55404237
I want to say it's Space Rock, but the reality is I try to listen to a bunch of different genres and as a result only end up scratching the surface of all them instead of digging down deep.
>>
Expression/concept/musicality > specific genre
chase shit that resonates with you, not fits into a specific scene
>>
File: Shoegaze1.jpg (4MB, 4448x4136px) Image search: [Google]
Shoegaze1.jpg
4MB, 4448x4136px
I'm very much like you OP! but I recently made the decision to dive into shoegaze and i'm using this chart and so far i've loved every album on here.
>>
>>55405393
Thats exactly what Im doing! What album are you into so far? Im listening to distressor and the pains of being pure at heard (and wolves in the throne room if that counts as blackgaze)
>>
>>55406394
wolves in the throne room are black metal
black
metal
not fucking "blackgaze"
>>
>>55406415
There newer releases are more ambient and reverb laden , plus they are hardly black metal. Fucking deafheven is heavier than WITFR you cretin
>>
>>55406415
like it actually matters lmao
>>
>>55406415
>they're so kvlt, i swear!
>>
I'm always in the mood for shoegaze. Guess that's my niche but I literally listen to everything.

Cept country, but some old hick showed me some god tier acid soaked bluegrass that was cool.
>>
>>55406415
That last album is the furthest thing from BM you hipster dick rider.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.