[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so sick of genres. Anyone who I talk to is so concerned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

I'm so sick of genres. Anyone who I talk to is so concerned about categorizing everything they listen to. When will it be understood that describing the song is much more precise than spitting out some meaningless word like 'indie' or 'alternative'? These words limit music and i hate the way that all of these first year art school students dress their bands up into a ridiculous subgenre just to make themselves feel special and avoid using the word 'rock'.
>>
suit your self bro
>>
I'm so sick of genres. Anyone who I talk to is so concerned about categorizing everything they read. When will it be understood that describing the book is much more precise than spitting out some meaningless word like 'mystery' or 'dialectic'? These words limit literature and i hate the way that all of these first year lit students dress their authors up into a ridiculous subgenre just to make themselves feel special and avoid using the word 'fantasy".
>>
so whats ur fav genre OP
>>
cool story bro
>>
Favorite genre thread.

I'm a post-rock guy myself.
>>
>>55388490
>describing the song is much more precise than spitting out some meaningless word like 'indie' or 'alternative'
Genres are a way of describing a song/album/artist in a quick and concise way. They make it convenient and easy for someone to find more music that they're into and describe the music they like without having to have extensive knowledge of music and/or use a ridiculous amount of words to get across what kind of music they're into. The only time genres cause problems is in situations like when people start to consider all of a certain genre as crap just because a few artists they heard of that genre are crap or because of a stigma associated with that genre or some stereotype they don't want to be associated with. But then that's not actually a problem with the existence of genres—it's a problem with the people who don't look up and actually listen to artists before judging them or are too concerned about being judged for the genres they listen to. That's where the problem is, not with the existence of genres. There are far more benefits to categorizing music into genres than there are ways in which it is a bad thing.
>>
>>55388847
Psych guy reporting.
>>
>>55388810
I think it's more like this:

I'm so sick of genres. Anyone who I talk to is so concerned about categorizing everything they read. When will it be understood that describing prose is much more precise than spitting out some meaningless word like 'Poetry' or 'Non-Fiction'? These words limit literature and i hate the way that all of these first year lit students dress their authors up into a ridiculous subgenre just to make themselves feel special and avoid using the word 'prose".
>>
>>55388847
math rock all the way
>>
>>55388847
tie between onkyokei and traditional cajun
>>
>>55388847
punk
>>
>>55388847
Co-cou-country.

The Townes Van Zandt/Jimmie Rodgers styles and eras of country though.
>>
>>55388847
Post-avant-progressive math folk
>>
I'm so sick of normies. Anyone who I talk to is not concerned about anything they listen to. When will it be understood that my music taste is far superior to theirs? These normies limit music and i hate the way that all of these first year art school students dress their bands up into a ridiculous subgenre just to make themselves feel special and avoid using the word 'rock'.
>>
fuck off pretentious shit head
>>
>>55388847
d r e e e a a a m p o p
>>
If you feel that way about how they describe music with broad labels, you are certainly not going to like hearing these same people try to use their faculties to describe songs with more detail. Think about it.
>>
I feel like you have a point.
>>
File: Rd3r2Qb.jpg (8KB, 238x338px) Image search: [Google]
Rd3r2Qb.jpg
8KB, 238x338px
Yeah, that makes it a lot easier.
>"Hey remember the golden age of MUSIC"
>"Yeah man, MUSIC has gone down hill a bit since then"
>"Though NEW BAND is a great callback to older MUSIC"
Why do we even use language? its so limiting
>>
>>55389518
It's like when quasi-progressive people are struggling to point out a black guy in a crowd and say something like "You know, the... taller... guy."
>>
>>55388490
Blame the "artists" who buy into it.
>>
>>55388810
Epic, you sure showed him with your lazy adaption of what he said. Everyone recognizes your logical victory and you're crowned king of debate.

NOT. Don't post if you're not going to put effort into you copycat faggot.
>>
>>55390466
It's almost as lazy as OP though, so I think it fits.

>NOT
Mike Myers go home.
>>
You like Radiohead? You might like Merzbow too. They're both music. I mean you're not some kind of genre faggot right?
>>
>>55388847
electronic
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.