[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warp/IDM General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: squarepusher and aphex twin.png (564KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
squarepusher and aphex twin.png
564KB, 1200x600px
If you had to choose between Aphex Twin or Squarepusher to listen to for the rest of your life (OR, you can't listen to one of them anymore), which would you choose? Whose discography is better?

Since Damogen Furies just came out, did you think it was better than SYRO?

And anything else you want to talk about, really. Just keep it about Warp artists or people in those kinds of styles.
>>
Aphex Twin is the obvious answer.
>>
Yeah definitely Aphex Twin. Both have a lot of material but RDJ has to have a good 40-50 hours of music out, you'd never get bored. Plus more variety of styles, plus amusing sense of humor, just better in almost every way
>>
I've never really listened to Squarepusher, so naturally I'd have to go with Boards of Canada
>>
I choose Squarepusher but they're both talented.
>>
>>55290494
Music Is Rotted One Note is pretty hard to pass up, though. Then again, you could just listen to jazz, I guess.

Also I am one of those people who didn't care for SAWII, prefer Eno for ambient stuff.
>>
>>55290546
This.

Try listening to Hard Normal Daddy.
>>
>>55290472
squarepusher no contest

love em both though
>>
>>55290546
>so naturally I'd have to go with Boards of Canada
BoC only has 4 albums, though. You should really give Squarepusher a try, completely different stuff, but it's all pretty cool. Except for maybe Shobaleader.
>>
Aphex is the obvious choice.

SqP good too, but has so much less stylistic variety in his body of work.
>>
I don't like having to choose like this. I'm not comfortable with it.
>>
>>55290628
>so much less stylistic variety in his body of work
Seriously? He's done jazz with MIRON, hard electro/dnb stuff, disco/funk shit, and even solo bass. I get Aphex has done a lot of stuff, but so has Squarepusher…

…hasn't he?
>>
afx easily. he's just more interesting and most of all CONSISTENT. squarepusher's quality is all over the fucking place.
>>
File: squarepusher15.jpg (193KB, 807x691px) Image search: [Google]
squarepusher15.jpg
193KB, 807x691px
>>55290472
What do you guys think of the Damogen Furies?
>>
>>55290665
Don't get me wrong, I love Squarepusher, but his style on all projects is almost always some sort of funk-driven type of jazzy DnB, drill'n'bass, whatever you call it. Which is great, but compared to Aphex (acid techno, drone ambient, prepared piano, drill'n'bass, I'm sure I'm missing some) it isn't as varied.

BTW everyone in this thread who likes SqP should also check out the Clifford Gilberto Rhythm Combination:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42jkg5cXzSw
>>
>>55290778
>Clifford Gilberto Rhythm Combination
Wait, who the fuck ARE these guys? Google tells me they're on Ninja Tune, but they're film composers? The fuck?
>>
>>55290472
It's actually a though choice between those 2 records even though I like afx better overall.

I just picked up the 26 mixes for cash CD.

I have almost every "Aphex Twin" release on vinyl except On
>>
>>55291109
I have no idea. I don't even remember how I found that album.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.