[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If The Prodigy improves upon this sound, might we see them become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: The_Day_Is_My_Enemy_album_cover.jpg (164KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
The_Day_Is_My_Enemy_album_cover.jpg
164KB, 400x400px
If The Prodigy improves upon this sound, might we see them become the breakbeat giants they were 20 years ago? It's a lot more consistent than IMD or AONO. Vocals are a bit annoying at times though.
>>
>>54896781
That dog only has one back leg.
>>
>>54896837
That is a fox. And you seem to have mistaken his tail for a leg.
>>
The album is bad because for some reason every single song sounds almost the exact same and there's like an annoying white noise in the background

Also: nobody listens to Prodigy's songs for the lyrics, this is why their songs like "Diesel power" are shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK1eFrfqVhw&index=53&list=PL6akIKaXBeU3OPmgfz8kM1BnVAX0Zcbf5

Good dance/techno songs use lyrics as a tool, as in the example above, not the point and focus of the song
>>
>>54897042
>this is why their songs like "Diesel power" are shit
>Sonic Rush

You are clearly a huge faggot
>>
>>54897042
I wouldn't agree with that. Destroy sounds like their Experience-era tracks. Also, I don't think Diesel Power was intended to be as much of a electronic song as more of a hip-hop tune. Also, Kool Keith. Fuckin' Kool Keith.
>>
>>54897160
Hideki Naganuma is worth more than all of the Prodigy's work in the last 20 years

>>54897181
yes, forgot about that one, that one was kind of cool

I dunno, maybe I'm just a bit jaded and dissapointed after such a long wait, especially when their IMD album showed that they still had it and could produce quality songs

though I guess that's seems to be the general theme with this band, some of the songs are absolute brilliance while others are complete trash
>>
>>54897355
While I don't disagree with you, I'd say that only started up around AONO. Pretty much all of their tracks before that were consistently great, excluding one or two tracks (Speedway was way too long to work, and One Love needed the full version on Jilted bad).
>>
but it just sounds like In Silico, completely dated
>>
their new album is their worst material yet so no thank you

all the songs sound the same and use the exact same formulaic structure and all the lead singles have a pretty good first 30 seconds then you realize that's the whole song, hell some of the songs even sample *themselves* and are practically remixes of their old material which is lazy as fuck

at least IMD and AONU had sonic variety and a few bangers, IMO the only great songs on the new album is 'Rebel Radio' and 'Ibiza'

oh well tho I'm not too mad about it they've been around for 20+ years now they were bound to lose steam eventually and they still do amazingly intense live gigs and have 3-4 albums of bangers so it's ok
>>
New album is basically just IMD but a lot less memorable. Didn't really need to be made tbh
>>
>>54897492
In Silico isn't that dated, Showdown, Different, Midnight Runner, The Tempest and 9000 Miles are all great tracks that still manage to sound relevant

New proper DnB album by Pendulum when? Their singles and HYC era is probably the best commercial DnB act we've seen so far
>>
>>54896781
>muh cheesy unoriginal euro-breakbeat
CLASSIC BEST DANCE ACT OF ALL TIME WOO
>muh cheesy second wave of whatever Pendulum was
oh no what happened!?

>muh expectations
>in muh pop dance music
>eurghhh
>>
>>54896873
>And you seem to have mistaken his tail for a leg

That doesn't make any senseā€¦
he said there was one leg, not two.

The back right leg is obscured by the front left leg.
>>
>>54897730
>unoriginal

you're the kind of nigga that would listen exclusively to prog rock/metal and takes Scaruffi's words as fact.

Just because it's unoriginal doesn't mean it's bad. Muse's Absolution sounds very similar to Radiohead's OKC-Amnesiac era, but that doesn't make it bad. It's still fairly decent. Not everything has to be innovative to be good.
>>
>>54897829
not even a rockist, i heard neither of those albums

i'm just saying get on with the times, everyone not already exposed to better dance music will hail it as good, just as the old people hailed their old albums.

they've always been riding the wave of what's popular, and literally being THE act that took dance music and fused it with rock and sold out huge arenas etc.

a couple of decent easy listening tunes on it, as it has been with every prodigy album. i have no idea how people think the cheese of the early albums is somehow better than the absolutely failed try of being edgy and hard in sound and style with the latest albums
>>
>>54898020
inb4 b-b-ut MUH BREAKBEATS
outdated even its' superior context, jungle
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.