[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of us do you guys think will actually make it in music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: tom.jpg (20KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
tom.jpg
20KB, 400x338px
How much of us do you guys think will actually make it in music? Give me an honest answer. Do you think you'll make it?
>>
i hope i do, but im expecting not to. im still young and ive done some music professionally, but far from being able to make any money worth mentioning from original music.
>>
Less than 1%. Probably one or two per thousand users.

I highly doubt I'll make it, I made the choice to pursue something besides music. Even if I had gone the music route it would still be unlikely.
>>
>>54817482
I know I will. My only real obstacle is time right now. I'm literally working on six albums at the same time before I release my debut so I can release a consistent 2 albums a year. I've already been offered a contract but haven't signed it for this reason, but I made the connections I needed (if i go the label route).
>>
>>54817482
Anyone who has the inherent creativity, intelligence, and practicality to "make it" doesn't waste their time posting on an anonymous image board.

People here aren't musicians, just like people on /lit/ aren't writers and /sci/ aren't scientists. 4chan is a collective of fans who are mostly too afraid to strike up a conversation with a random person because they have zero self confidence. There are normies, but even that group knows they lack the intrinsic skills to actually do something worthwhile in whatever they enjoy discussing.

True art requires inspiration, and most people here haven't done anything worthwhile, they haven't travelled, they have fucked, they haven't put themselves in actual danger or taken significant risks. Music doesn't just require skill, it requires real like experience, all art does, and you won't find that here.

I love music but I was never introduced to it young enough to be inspired by it. I can play piano and guitar, but I started at 15, way too late. If you're really good at something you know it, if you can make it, you know you will. Don't delude yourselves.
>>
>>54817731
Post a track of yours if you're so confident, I'm very curious now.
>>
>>54817877
>le if u post on 4chan means u don't do anything else during le day ebin maymay
have an upvote, my friend
>>
>>54817905
I'm extremely confident. I just know it, but I won't post a track. Within two years an artist will confidently be releasing commercially and critically acclaimed material in quantity that was unseen since the 60s with non-album A-sides/B-sides and 2 albums per year. That'll be me, but it will be exciting if other people start to pick up their game to compete because that's what I want.
>>
>>54817877
Hey bro, just because you're not confident about it, doesn't mean you have to go and project your bitterness onto us. You're making some wild assumptions.
>>
>>54817951
I don't want to put you down or anything, but I think you're trying to hype yourself, for yourself, rather than actually being confident. Please post a track.
>>
>>54817877

first time on /mu/

kanye's coming to my studio next week to collab.

just fucking digest music and reproduce it.

1800 dinosaur out xoxo
>>
>>54817877
>but I started at 15, way too late
not necessarily
>>
>tfw I want /mu's opinion on my music and artwork but I don't think i'll get any constructive criticism and I don't want everyone knowing i'm a /mu-tard because people will most likely take me less serious if they know I browse this meme hole
>>
>>54818003
I don't think you know the difference between hype and confidence lol.

>post a track to be archived so people can trace you to 4chan and you very well might lose liberal sales
Practical reason why not.

You couldn't possibly put me down. Music is objective lyrically and melodically and I've understood that from a very young age and my lyrics or melodies either fit that criteria or I trade it to some indie faggot for one of his melodies that I have vision for.
>>
>>54818060
ok
>>
>>54818060
Could you at least link your soundcloud or bandcamp. If you're good I want to support you in your rise.
>>
>>54818028
Smart, keep doing you and avoid getting associated directly with this place.
>>
>>54818028
A good artist knows their work is good or not. No offense, but if you're seeking this shithole's opinion, it's probably not very good, but that doesn't mean that you can't improve.
>>
>>54817482
believe it or not i designed an album cover and it's on itunes amazon spotify google play

so i made it fellas :D
>>
>>54818024
I really don't have an affinity for music. My singing voice isn't very good, and I don't play as well as I'd want to, besides I've never had that fire that you need to make good music. I mean who knows, if something crazy happens in my life maybe I'll change my attitude.
>>
>>54818141
Yeah, definitely, man. I'm going to do link my SC once I get finished recordings up in July. You'll know me by quality. I'll have at least four songs around. You'd have to infer it, but you're not going to be wrong.
>>
>>54817967
Just look at all the people that REEEE at the normies. Look at all the virgins, all the basement dwellers, all the autists and people who struggle with social anxiety who post here regularly. This is not a hive of genius, it's a pit of destitution and memery. Like I said, the vast majority of people here are just fans, they don't have the discipline, the motivation, the skill, the experience or the inspiration to produce something of quality because most people worldwide also have that same problem. I've tried making music, it takes a shitload of effort, and if you weren't making simple music from a young age, like 8-11, and growing from there, you're not going anywhere. True artists are "doers" because they recognize that you have to start doing to actually get somewhere. People here don't "do", they talk, they shit on people who actually DO put in the time and effort, and they do so behind the security of anonymity, and I am no better because I'm doing that right now.

If you want to make music, do it, but like all art, you need to have something to say, you have to feel it, you have to be able to look at your life and derive some basis of thought from it, and when you look at a group of people infamous for staying in their rooms, you don't find the qualities necessary to "make it".
>>
>>54818400
....keep your head up anon
>>
>>54818224
Ok... so what genre are you, Mr. Quality? You're spewing a lot of shit if you can't give more evidence than that.
>>
File: DSC_0023.jpg (990KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0023.jpg
990KB, 2592x1944px
>>54818400
The arguments about having to be doing music since young age depress me. I've started composing and writing my own stuff a few years ago, when I actually first got into music. I've been learning to play drums for about half a year and ever since I started I feel like I can't even imagine myself doing anything else. I kinda don't care if I don't "make it", even if it's a dead end road for me I've nowhere else to go anyway.
>>
>>54818157
People have told me it's good in person and online but I don't know if those people were just trying to be polite or not. I'd like an honest opinion
>>
>>54818060
sounds like you're narcissistic
>>
I already made it and it rules
>>
>>54817877
>15 is too late
>NOBODY on this board has any real life experience
>They KNOW they lack intrinsic skills
>People here havent done anything worthwhile

Holy fuck you are projecting hard, speak for your fucking self m8, ive traveled relentlessly, ive taken my share of risks. Just because you sit in your room 24/7 sipping from your mothers tit every 4 hours doesn't mean we all lead the same life. I feel bad for you, you started music at a pretty early age, earlier than me at least, and you still have this shitty depressed attitude.
>>
I mean I don't expect to "make it" in terms of doing world tours and shit but I would hope to at least be an artist that some people really enjoy

I really just want people to like what I'm putting out
>>
>>54817877
>15
>too late
jimi hendrix though
>>
people who are certain or even care about being successful and popular with their work shouldn't be artists in the first place
>>
I actually got some work a while ago so I might be able to make up for the money I put into my equipment. That'd be pretty awesome, then I'd be making music for free.
>>
I'm 18 at the moment and I've promised myself I'll release an album (or two) this year. I've written like 20-30 decent songs, and it is starting to feel like a burden keeping them to myself.

Because world obviously needs more bedroom-recorded one-man-band projects.
>>
>>54817482
I've been in a band for 4 years, made an EP, played on a big festival after winning a Battle of the Band. Sadly, the band broke up after, but I've learned lots of stuff.

I learned that I love much more composing than playing live. Playing in front of a big crowd didn't really care for me, I cared more if it was my friends only listening to some of my stuff.

I also realised that I wanna make music in every styles, not just one, and a band really stopped me from trying different stuff.

Right now I moved in Montreal, and working my way to become a Sound Designer or Soundtrack producer for movies. I'm already in contact to some people so I'm pushing my time towards this.

Hope you dreams will work, guys.
>>
>>54820273
Same.

I'm a bit older than the average /mu/tant, in my twenties and looking to shift away from this place, but also with an established career and degree behind me. I'm really not looking to do this as a career - Kinda just want to make amazing music I'd like to hear and hopefully have a few people that enjoy it as well.

Hope the people set on making it or just living off music make it though. You people have massive balls.
>>
If I can make music I'm satisfied with, I'm satisfied.
Not yet, but I'll get there.
>>
Frankly, I don't care if I 'make it' or not, if other people enjoy my music than that's fine. In the mean time I'm going to finish my album, write more songs, and claw my way into doing some shows, and hopefully I'll manage to get the fuck out of this wasteland of a town I live in.
>>
>>54820543
so let's do this
>release an album (or two) this year
find people to play something, melodika, percussion, 1 string guitar anything...
>>
In my definition of "make it" I already have

I do shows, people buy my music and I get to do a bit of traveling from it
>>
>>54820581
>I also realised that I wanna make music in every styles, not just one, and a band really stopped me from trying different stuff.
why didn't you get a second project, with other people from different horizons?
>>
>>54817482
>"make it"
>>
i dunno. depends on what you mean by "making it". like, being able to support myself off of solely music? probably not. but "make it" as in "get some fans, sell some shit, and play shows"? yeah, maybe. tbh if i could get an audience to come see a show of mine at all, i'd consider myself to have made it just a little
>>
>>54818162
which one? fellow designer here
>>
>>54821481
it was for a contest. I entered like fuck it, tried my best, use some cool album covers and motifs as inspiration, kept basic art design principles in mind and I won. Looking back now it's total shit, I'd rather not post it.

When I look at album covers and see really low merit art, I wonder if it was done ironically or because the artist was bad. Either way at least album covers didn't go out like the movie poster industry.
>>
>>54821322

Why would I need to find any of those people? I have everything it takes to make an album. Few microphones, DAW, bass, synth, guitar, drum machines, a sampler, harmonica, ukulele, mandolin and my vocal cords.

I have probably 15 songs that fall into the category of Post-Hardcore, so I probably wouldn't be able to perform these songs live, but for a bedroom-project, I can't see no problem in it. However, I have roughly 10 singer/songwriter-type songs I could perform live by myself.
>>
My mindset: I listen to a fuck-ton of music, acclaimed/held in high esteem, hated, beloved classics, forgotten classics, questionable assucs, ahead of their time, behind the times, retro, futuristic, current, hip, unhip, dad-core, mom-core etc. etc., and I decided that no single album or song SPEAKS FOR ME. I will always find a flaw that I would have done differently, so I never deify artists like a lot of you do. I say to myself, "I could write a better song than this" then I expend all of my energy until I do. Confidence is not blind, it doesn't come out of thin air. You need to KNOW what you're doing is significant, even if no one else can see it yet. You need to work until it is so.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.