[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work on shoegaze EP for months >release it, post link

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 3

File: pepe.png (339KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
339KB, 680x680px
>work on shoegaze EP for months
>release it, post link of facebook
>no-one notices, only comment says 'wtf is this noise'
>22 plays in a month
>guy from work shittily records himself playing a Hans Zimmer piece on keyboard
>100+ likes, everyone raving about his talent

it probably sounds autistic but this fucking hurts
>>
>>54661004
its a pleb world out there.
>>
Post EP
>>
>he makes shoegaze music

NORMIE GET OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>shoegaze

there's ur problem.
>>
>>54661004
Post a link to your EP then faggot
>>
post EP, we want to hear it
>>
>>54661004
yeah post it
>>
the way I deal with it is just to have fun with the music and not take it too seriously, then sales and figures dont matter that much. One guy bought an EP me and my friend made and we were fucking ecstatic.
>>
>>54661004
but is your shit actually any good? it might be terrible dude
>>
>>54661045
SC account is connected to my facebook, I'd rather not. It's nothing special anyway
>>
fuck off foliage
>>
>>54661071
upload it to mega
>>
>>54661071
put it on bandcamp fag
>>
>>54661071
just share it loser
ill listen to it
>>
>>54661071
>>54661096
yeah, or this

or upload a track to youtube

just let us hear it
>>
>>54661071
if you want honest opinions post it here, I'm sure most of /mu/ won't hold any bias if it's actually good or bad
>>
>>54661071
Link it you fucking nerd
>>
>>54661071
upload it to mega
what's the worse that could happen?
>>
>>54661004
>Makes shoegaze
>Expects anyone to take such a shitty genre seriously
>Implying your friend playing a Hans Zimmer cover isn't better than even the best shoegaze album
Fuck off, OP.
>>
Just up one song to zippy or mega. Even if it's bad you'll still be way above that keyboard faggot.
>>
Your ep probably sucks because you're making music to gather "like" instead of making music to express yourself.
>>
>>54661165
this, covering soundtracks on piano is literally the lowest form of music unless your name is Kyle Landry
>>
>shoegaze
>requiring any talent
>being relevant in 2015
>>
>>54661004
dont kid yourself into believing your music is too patrician for them. maybe the reason is you are a shitty uncreative musician. shoegaze is gay pop rock drenched in reverb.
>>
>>54661159
>cover
>better than anything
>>
>>54661176
wording this
>>
>>54661165
>>54661182
well alright I've got one of the tracks on an old throwaway
hate away
https://soundcloud.com/throwmeaway/organgaze
>>
>>54661208
It's better than shoegaze, that's for sure. Except for a cover of a shoegaze song. That'd be like shitception
>>
File: OAH SHIP.jpg (79KB, 603x547px) Image search: [Google]
OAH SHIP.jpg
79KB, 603x547px
>spend an hour doing a 1 minute remix of a Team Fortress 2 song
>gets 6000 plays, hundreds of likes, reaches the download limit

>spend months crafting a 20 minute 6 song progressive/symphonic/psychedelic EP
>gets no more than 250 plays and no likes
>>
>>54661246
It's bland but I expected worse. 6/10
>>
>>54661246
bullshit you spent 2 months working on that. more like 2 minutes
>>
>>54661246
what the fuck is this trap drumming bullshit
i hope kevin shields cums in your soup
>>
>>54661246
man, no offense but this is kind of boring. is the rest of the EP like this?
>>
>>54661320
more or less I guess
>>54661306
>>54661302
>>54661270
thanks
>>
considering you're just some fucking schmuck on 4chan

this is pretty good

expected much worse
>>
>>54661246
They don't like it because it sucks OP
>>
>>54661341
more or less what I expected
>>
>>54661004
if you're writing it for the public and not yourself, you're doing it wrong. I've released about 7 eps, they're on a bandcamp, I got like 4 downloads a month, and I distribute 2 tapes a week at my local salvation army. If someone finds it that's cool.
if not, I'm still happy with the product without outside comments
>>
>>54661004
Nobody takes time to listen to music on their facebook feed, especially if its something they don't recognize.

Also, you're going about it all wrong, YOU should be enjoying the music instead of worrying what your friends think of it.

Also, theres a possiblity that its shit like other people said.
>>
>>54661246
haha nigga wtf is this noise is this what white people listen to smh
>>
>>54661246
it's ok.
6/10
>>
File: eooo.jpg (26KB, 325x448px) Image search: [Google]
eooo.jpg
26KB, 325x448px
>>54661246
I mean... what did you expect, OP?

Shoegaze isn't exactly a "go to" genre for most people. Plus, as others have said, this is pretty static in contrast to working on this for "months."
>>
>>54661400
2/10 bait, made me reply
>>
>>54661330
Maybe I'm just not into the whole "ambient" thing but I just think I needs something to stand out... either polyrhythms or interplay between melodies

but then again, if you're enjoying with what you're making stick with it
>>
>>54661246
>https://soundcloud.com/throwmeaway/organgaze
its really not that bad, kind of boring but I appreciate the effort you seem to have put into it.

Don't get discouraged, make something better next time.
>>
welp, thanks for the reality check guys. until i'm good i'm gonna stick to not releasing stuff.
>>
>>54661246
not great, but not bad either

would download and listen to while playing vidya/10

also mad props for sharing, dude. most people wouldn't be willing to.

whatever happens i recommend you keep working on it. you might not get recognized immediately but if you give up on it, then no one will ever know about it
>>
OP, I listened to your song. As a reward, please post the clip of the shitty Hans Zimmer cover, I'm begging you. I beseech thee.
>>
>>54661506
he upped the video to facebook, not gonna link it here.
>>
>>54661004

>>54661053
>>
>>54661071
>cries about how nobody likes his stuff

>It's nothing special anyway
>>
>>54661473
No, don't listen to these cunts
It's good mate, keep putting yourself out there
No point making shit and keeping it to yourself.
Definitely talent there.
>>
>>54661541
http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

at least the audio
>>
>>54661246
It's definitely not noise but it's too ambient to get attention that easily, and it isn't exactly accessible to anyone. It's still pretty cool, though, but also pretty predictable.
>>
>>54661547
>>54661573

>>54661471

But OP did post the music sperglords :^)
>>
People have to spend years understanding marketing and music advertisement. Those same people spend an even longer time building an audience and creating at a loss.

>waaaaaaah, my talent should shine though!

Your borderline decent music isn't going to go viral after posting it once for your 200 Facebook friends.
>>
>>54661473
It's going to be hard to grow without certain criticisms tbh. Keep posting on the SC/BC threads and get some reviews there
>>
>>54661246
8/10
I like it
>>
>>54661246
Fwiw op this is much better than the self proclaimed producers that usually shit up SoundCloud threads. It could have used a change up eventually, but I liked it
>>
>>54661614
i mean as in he directly upped the vid to facebook and it has his name and face in it.
>>54661573
even if it's shitty, it still feels pretty bad to be ignored completely you know. this thread was more of an anonymous complaint than a 'look at me' kind of thing. i have nowhere else to spout my feelings.
>>
>>54661473
>until i'm good i'm gonna stick to not releasing stuff.

Have fun never being good, then. Putting your stuff out there, no matter what art, is how you get better.

If you shy away from criticism until you produce what YOU think is "better," you're setting yourself up for a pretty hefty disappointment.
>>
The lesson of this that I think we can all learn is if you want to attract plebs to your music then you damn well better make a video because that's what their TV addled brains respond to.
>>
>>54661675
I understand. Sorry for being a dick.
>>
>>54661687
>Implying shoegaze isn't a pleb genre
>>
>>54661246
Well this confused me, theres nothing harsh or noisy there, it is relaxing and I like the vocals. If you were expecting your fb friends to like it, you were up to being dissapointed, but I don't get the “wtf is this noise" comment.
Also, I wouldnt call it shoegaze, it is... New Age?
>>
Honestly I like it. Maybe a 7/10. Everyone else is right, it is a little boring, but it isn't bad.
>>
>>54661675
what you really should do is make a Bandcamp and upload your shit there

then share yourself in Bandcamp threads on here

eventually some number of people will like your stuff and start sharing it around and recommending it
>>
>>54661004
>makes boring generic shoegaze
>complains when people aren't impressed by it
>>
>>54661257
The word is full of plebs, why are you not surprised?
>>
>>54661683
Criticism will only make his music blander as he tries to please more people. The best music is usually the stuff an artist releases at the beginning of their career before the success and feedback. Like the anon who mocked his trap drums, I say OP should add some tubas and a drop to the crescendo and let his creativity be unhindered by the need to conform to an established 25 year old genre.
>>
>>54661004
>>work on shoegaze EP for months
time wasted
>>
shoegaze is a cunt full of shit. it's the shit filled cunt of the music world. you deserve to be ignored. IMpolite sage.
>>
>>54661473
Fuck soundcloud, do open mics and shows.

Everything else is a distraction.
>>
>>54661727
99% genres have to be pleb genres statistically for the patrician/pleb dichotomy to apply.
You're a pleb, anon. It's a fact.
>>
Where is that Fantano quote about shoegaze when I need it?
>>
>>54661806
That's not necessarily true. You still have to be selective to criticism (for instance, I don't produce music, so what the fuck do I personally know about production?). But to remain entirely blind from any and all forms of it is completely counter-intuitive.

OP already posted his stuff publicly to his Facebook, so he was obviously looking for some sort of commentary or feedback.

There's a HUGE difference between acknowledging criticism and completely pandering to it.
>>
>>54661865
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6iT1oqonFU
here it is anon
>>54661830
>>54661736
thanks, I'll look into those
>>54661825
okay, thanks for that i guess
>>
>>54661865
This one?
https://twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/502173061580619776
>>
>>54661875
Holy shit, are you actually listening to what he said?

Stop.
>>
>>54661894
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6iT1oqonFU

Yes that one.

>hurr durr I use reverb I shoegaze now.

As far as I'm concerned shoegaze wasn't even that much of a real genre, it was a stupid term applied to several different-sounding bands at the time in England.
>>
>>54661004
Wow op this is actually pretty good, easily a 9/10
>>
>release a song that becomes cluttered with comments of people saying it's absolutely amazing
>one guy even made an account just to tell me it was a masterpiece
>only 1,000 plays in 3 months

I legitimately think I have good songs, but it's so hard to get them out there.
>>
>>54661806
I understand your good intentions, but this statement is heavily flawed.

>Criticism will only make his music blander as he tries to please more people.
There are many ways to take criticism well and this is not one of them. The only response worse than this is quitting at the first sign of it.

>The best music is usually the stuff an artist releases at the beginning of their career before the success and feedback.
I'm not saying this can't be the case, but it's not the case most of the time. A lot of the time, the "first" stuff you here is the first the artist decided to material after 5-6 years of working through a developmental stage that includes criticism.

> Like the anon who mocked his trap drums, I say OP should add some tubas and a drop to the crescendo and let his creativity be unhindered by the need to conform to an established 25 year old genre.
Your intention is well-meaning, but just because someone doesn't care for an element that feels out of place doesn't mean they're implying that the artist should conform.
>>
>>54661004
Publicize yourself and play live as much as you can. Get out there or remain unnoticed, the choice is yours. Grow a big bouncy pair of balls in the interim
>>
>>54661902
Sure. I'm just saying that being open to feedback and criticism doesn't inherently mean you're trying to "please" more people. Obviously, OP or any producer should be making whatever the hell they desire, but to me, it seems silly to put yourself out there and then get butthurt because the reaction wasn't "positive" enough.
>>
You just fucked up at networking OP.

That's why the guy who made a generic cover has more hits than you, he knows marketing.
>>
>>54661979
Perform.
>>
>>54661246
dont know what they're on about. this is very comfy: would listen to your ep / 10
>>
>>54662044
That's exactly what I plan on doing. Considering my local music scene, my music will absolutely stand out so I don't think it'll be hard getting noticed. I just need to find people willing to play a bastardized form of Japanese noise pop with me.
>>
>>54661004
What a fucking shoegazi.
>>
>>54662092
where you from nigga?
>>
>>54662092
if u in Toronto hit me up bb
>>
>>54661979
link or you're bullshitting
>>
>>54662125
>>54662176
I'm in Detroit

>>54662228
https://soundcloud.com/misakoisaqt/lovely-lovely-come-in-bloom
>>
>>54662293
>I'm in Detroit

I'm sorry.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.