[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HD hanging dong/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

File: HD.png (44KB, 1167x547px) Image search: [Google]
HD.png
44KB, 1167x547px
How would you feel about doing a one off Hanging Dong show and taking our music to the masses? Warped are doing a 'battle of the bands' for this years Warped tour and it seems like a good opportunity for /mu/ to get a joke band in.

All we need are:
names or aliases and throw away email addresses for those interested in taking part.
A band logo
A band photo
and a couple of tracks that best represent the group

Those interested may also wish to think about what instruments they can play on the day, the options are:
Vocals
Electric/Acoustic guitar
Bass Guitar
Drums
Keyboard
DJ
Other
>>
>>54638559
reminder, up to 10 people can play.
>>
I play drums, I'm in
>>
File: gummo.png (1MB, 1920x1035px) Image search: [Google]
gummo.png
1MB, 1920x1035px
indie-tier photo for inspiration
>>
>>54638559
Maybe. I can sing and ableton
>>
>>54638678
Here is a trip for me
>>
>>54638635
>>54638678
Give me names then
>>
>>54638559
In order for this to work we need
A) a group of anons within the same vicinity of a date where everyone can meet up and play the show

Or

B) (More preferred) an anon and his friends collaborate and have one cool show.
>>
Doesnt an actual band have to play live though?
How will /mu/tants be able to contribute less they are gonna travel to wherever the show is
>>
File: 1426916080377.jpg (23KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1426916080377.jpg
23KB, 240x251px
>>54638559
roll up to the club with my clarinet like
>>
>>54638559
What city?

Also
>must be over 13 years of age
Well there goes our chances of getting too many people from /mu/
>>
>>54638722
Mtsiggy

(Drums)
>>
>>54638732
We could do a Death Grips if it doesn't work out. Ride the wave of hype til the last minute and then pull out. That way we still get exposure and we can milk it for all it is worth.
>>
>>54638722
Hold up lemme get home, I forgot my throw away's name, be like 20 minutes
>>
Give me a minute. I think I found someone who's willing to play with a group of friends.
>>
>>54638722
Also dong man
>>
Alright, someone from the previous thread has friends who can play a show. Let's get this shit going!
>>
Do you actually have to be able to play an instrument well, or could I just make noise music on my keyboard while screaming really loudly?
>>
Is there a place to vote for HD or something once this gets going? I don't really have any other way to help.
>>
>>54639162
Yes, once the band is set up, we just have to have their music streaming all day long and they're a shoe in to win. The voting system is that stupid. Basically, bands with the most songs played wins a slot.
>>
>>54639103
>to play an instrument well, or could I just make noise music on my keyboard while screaming really loudly?

>music
>not subjective
pick one
>>
>>54639203
I'm on it
>>
>>54639093
How do I move to forum?
>>
>>54639203
that should be easy if the link gets posted here and possibly /b/ (they wont help though)
>>
>>54639244
Are you the anon who's willing to play the show?
>>
>>54639346
Yep, I'm also >>54638774 this guy
>>
>>54639246
I'm sure /b/ will get behind it once we have the band page set up.
>>
>>54638559
Seriously though, I would turn up with my clarinet or fuck around on keyboards/guitar (my least proficient instruments) depending on time and place. Can we get some more info?
>>
>>54639363
Alright, so is OP still here or is someone else willing to set it up?
>>
>>54639405
>>54639383
I haven't actually done anything but it sounds like you guys have a better idea of what you want to do, so you can take over, if you want.

The time and location seems to be one of the warped tour stops between June and August. Presumably the stop nearest to the city of the band that wins.
>>
>>54638559
I couldn't play Euphoria or Rolling for 69 :^) if my life depended on it, so probably not
>>
>>54638559
I can make pterodactyl noises, that counts right?
I also play guitar
>>
Okay, I'll take over. So are we sticking with HD or do you guys vote on a new name?
>>
I volunteer to be a backup dancer/singer for the band. Doing some jazz hands and finger snaps.
>>
>>54639622
Hanging Dong may violate the rules, could you check really quick?
If not I would be more than happy to call myself Hanging Dong
>>
Mandolin, banjo, dulcimer, ukulele whatchu want?
>>
>>54639659
I doubt it violates the rules, but I fear they will catch on to us Quickly. if no one comes up with a name, HD it is.
>>
>>54639659
Also, where are you located at? That way, if anon are near you, they can join the Band.
>>
>>54639710
Potatismos
>>
I can play like... bass and shit I guess.
>>
>>54639710
what about just hanging d?
>>
>>54639703
All of them at once wired through a shitty $20 distortion pedal
>>
holy shit

just did ctrl+f hanging dong in vain and it actually showed up

quick, fill me in
>>
>>54639735
Super close to Toronto
>>
File: 1426886216351.gif (2MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1426886216351.gif
2MB, 286x258px
>>54639796
that would be beautiful
>>
>>54639865
Well shit, so Cal over here. Let's just perform over skype or some shit. We'll be the first band consisting entirely of laptops
>>
Skype me in like zach hill and I'll do some droning noises
>>
>>54639796
The sound:

KDAKHJTSALBKJATHATHLKATKJBAEKTATJKHAETJHAJTKHDKTJH

While anon sings in the background:

"OH GOD WHY AM I SO ALONE?!?!?! BECKY YOU BITCHHHH!!!!"

That's Warped Tour for ya
>>
>>54639796
>shitty multifx unit
Fixed that for you
>>
>>54639919
I only have access to electronic drums right now so not sure how well that would work :/

They're great for recording though

I'm decent at using Logic so I can produce the song if no one else is better
>>
I'm the guy who did Friday Part 2, A Musical Introspective, and mixed both our EPs

I can contribute if you want. I'll have to read up first tho
>>
>>54639967
Oh I think you mean
>moderately decent white noise machine
Fixed that for you
>>
>>54639827
>warped tour battle of the bands
>hd unite for one show
>normies cry
>>
>>54639919
It's so crazy it can actually work. Just make up an excuse and say the members weren't able to make it. Hook up Skype to amp and you're set.
>>
I live in bongistan but you could pull off a zach hill and connect me to the concert via skype i guess
>>
Everyone, buy this shit and we're set
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8itos_2GIwY
>>
>>54639997
Figuring out how to do this in the first place is going to be a challenge
>>
Alright, so I'm not home right now, but in 20-30 minutes I will be so we can get it started. Then HD will live. In the mean time, we're going to need tracks and a group photo so I can publish it quicky.
>>
>>54640102
Not really. The Anon from near Toronto said he has friends who are willing to play the show. it's possible But other anons are wonderng how they can join the set. Skype is the best option.
>>
>>54640150
There's loads of tracks on the hd bandcamp we could use for now
>>
>>54640102
>>54640208
We could pick the tracks easiest to perform from the existing albums then do another EP on the weekend of acoustic arrangements to give us plenty to work with?
>>
>>54640208
Alright, that's good. now what we really need is a group photo. Also, if anyone wants to write a beautiful bio, that would be great considering we need one to attract the Kids
>>
Drummer from Toronto here, gonna go out to grab food I'll be back soon
>>
>>54639865
You still here toronto? What willyou and your friends names be? I think they should all have the word hanging in front. I.e. Hanging mike. That way the HD is justified.
>>
>>54640304
Alright toronto. See you soon so we can get names and stuff out of the way.
>>
Are we all gonna exchange skypes and shit? I'm planning on playing clarinet or keyboard, how can I get in on this cause it looks like there's already some stuff on bandcamp
>>
>>54640278
Hanging Dong are a group of misanthropes from Toronto, Canada. Living in the snowy suburbs of the city, the boys had little to do with their spare time and no-one to understand their plight, burdened with a dreary existence in a downtrodden city they decided to focus on the few things they could change. Their music. In the five years since they formed, the boys have recorded several albums worth of material at home, constantly experimenting with the intention of really pushing the limits of both music and their creativity. In the coming fall they plan to record their first full fledged commercial LP and are gearing up for several months of awesome touring in the late summer. Lets hear it for Dong. This year will be their year, the year of the Hanging Dong.
>>
>>54640375
I'm thinking at this point I will upload songs from the BC just so we can have something to listen to. Afterwards, us anons can collaborate together and create cool music And potentially add to the library.
>>
i'm rummaging through our discography and i picked some tracks which would work for our set

.90s Dramedy (possibly the greatest opener to a gig ever)
>About That Life Part 2
>Kill a Man Jar OH! (This could actually be seriously epic if done right)
>United States Theme Song
>I'm Italian and what you just said..... (funny as shit if you got a guy in the band speak at the end)
>Listen to track 3 and track 4 at the same time to uncover secret memes :):):):):) [korean sockpuppet track] (hell yeah)
>Zimmerman Did Nothing Wrong 2: Return of the Zim Zam (you could have four dudes stood still behind sequencers for this, Kraftwerk style)
>What's Popping? (My Tight Little Asshole) (prolly the easiest song to do)
>g a y (if the guy that did this gave us the sample for the synth this could be a cakewalk too)
>The 10th Crusade (it's mostly band instruments anyway)
>Baltic Coat (necessary; easily one of our best songs)
>Alpha (funny as fuck)
>Euphoria (dunno, could be insane if done right)
>Anon... (another necessity)
>Women Are A Meme
>Manic
>Death By Memes (could be an epic closer)
>A Musical Introspective (another easy one, could easily be done with a four piece band including keyboard)
>The Shape of Memes to Come (another Kraftwerk thing)
>Bjork's Left Labia Minora
>Yeast Factory
>You're Only As Good as the Words You Understand, and You Don't Understand a Word
>>
Next HD thread when? I wanna contribute.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.