[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P4k has gone full on white guilt http://pitchfork.com/thep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: WHITE.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WHITE.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
P4k has gone full on white guilt

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-the-unbearable-whiteness-of-indie/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=general&utm_campaign=thepitch
>>
>>54611811
>implying they weren't white guilt before
>>
Yeah, that's... that's pretty bad.
>>
>IDNIE

Hahaha shit get a load of this butterfinegrs
>>
Yeah I tend to not get too heated on shit like this but like... what the fuck. This actually made me angry. Does she expect white people to do nothing but beg for forgiveness for the actions of certain white people 200 years ago? Cause that's sure as fuck what it seems like. Seriously, fuck this shit.
>>
And you guys will still give their site traffic and hold their reviews valueable.
>>
Reminder anyone who actively supports Pitchforks race-baiting politicisation of music journalism is hurting the industry.

Also, nice meme.
>>
>>54611811
You know, I figured you were just memeing but this is honest to god white guilt. Bravo, pitchfork
>>
File: tri-daily reminder.png (3MB, 2176x4128px) Image search: [Google]
tri-daily reminder.png
3MB, 2176x4128px
>>
>"White art is deemed more worthy of respect, and so white audiences respond to it positively—it is set up for success. It’s evidenced the last week of news: be it the insidious petition urging Glastonbury to drop Kanye West in favor of a "rock band"

Jesus christ these people are idiots
>>
>>54611811
it's right tho

did you even read the article? White guilt has nothing to do with it, the author isn't white
>>
wow, thanks for the big news
>>
the unbearable blackness of hip hop
>>
>>54611971
hey...

good meme
>>
Wow, it's almost as if controversial articles get more attention!
>>
>friendly reminder this is the writer of the article in question
>these are the people who dictate your taste
>>
Why is this allowed
>>
>>54611949

Are you seriously defending autistic glastonbury brits over Kanye?
>>
>>54611980
God forbid white people partake in their own culture and don't forcibly include other races for the sake of political correctness.
>>
>>54611971
Nice fucking meme m8
>>
File: le moo army.png (33KB, 497x341px) Image search: [Google]
le moo army.png
33KB, 497x341px
>>
>>54612003
>half indian and afghan
>lives in the UK

why do I have a certain feeling she dates white guys?

Her boyfriend better be Indian.
>>
Oh man, these neo-/pol/ threads on /mu/ are really something interesting and worth reading. Hey, I think we need even /more/ threads filled with jokes about >lecuckolding.
>>
>>54612033
>people are using their real name when they shitpost this hard.
>>
>>54612015
No

the writers argument is that because kanye is black his "art" is not respect as much as a rock band

Which is totally ludicrous, the man is given nothing but high scores from every music critic.
>>
>>54611811
wow, it's like i stepped into a time machine and i'm a decade back. "indie" has been full of crusty ironic white dudes for decades. what's more surprising is that they're acting as if this is a revelation. it's not.
>>
>>54612085
Aside from that. Kanye is way less popular in the UK. The losers who attend Glasto want rawk!
>>
>>54612085

She's talking about glastonbury.

Kanye is not the only non-rock person to be at the festival.

Yet he and Jay Z got berated for appearing.
>>
>>54612033
Go fuck yourself Constantine, you lost.
>>
>>54612033
>Calling out "/mu/tants"
She's definitely a shitposter on here.

Ivy, if you're reading this:
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
https://twitter.com/brolin_x/status/580852169059880960

Check out his tumblr
>>
>>54612071
How is this neo-/pol/? We're discussing a ridiculous pitchfork article that's questioning why there isn't more minorities making indie rock. And mem ing hard.
>>
Tired of damned browns trying to one-up blacks. Yeah, yeah, you had English oppression and shit. They weren't in bondage and only came to freedom land in the past century. Go eat drown in a vat of non-beef curry, damned twats.
>>
Mc rides art is not respected cause he is black

top kek
>>
>>54611875
>>54611875
>beg for forgiveness
what does that have to do with anything

the article just said that indie is white dominated and non-white musicians don't get taken as seriously as white ones in it, if the author "wants" you to do anything it would be to think critically about why that is and how race affects your evaluation of music. nothing "radical" by any means.

>>54611924
"race-baiting" is an incoherent term operating off intellectually indefensible assumptions, and unless you want people to think you have the same backwards ideology as bill o reilly i'd think for a sec about using it in public
>>
>>54612163
>literally everyone's a critic
>>
>>54612208
Get a load of this cuck.

Nice meme btw.
>>
>>54612170
you have been discussing this dumb meme article non-stop since it was posted
It's old
It's dry
Find a new meme
>>
>>54612022
indie music isn't white culture dumbass, any "rock" music is founded on african american musical tradition and can't ever be wholly "white"
>>
>>54611811
pastebin or donotlink faggot!

>http://www.donotlink.com/framed?666431
>>
>What substantiates this are the microaggressions, as well as overt and covert expressions of racism, that happen as a result of those systemically held ideals. Some may take the success of artists of color as threat to their space or scene. White art is deemed more worthy of respect, and so white audiences respond to it positively—it is set up for success.

this is insane
>>
>>54612311
Nobody fucking cares.
You fags give Iggy Azalea shit for "appropriating black culture" and then you give white people shit for not "having a culture inclusive enough"
Make up your fucking mind.
>>
>>54612022
Fucking seriously.
Guess its over white people, no more music. Everybody stop.
>>
This entire site uses the word 'meme' the way teenagers use the word 'literally'. How have you not grown tired of relying on that word to describe everything?
>>
>>54612311
indie rock is pretty white color in terms of audience.
>>
>>54612388
We use it ironically, so I don't see the similarity
>>
>>54612241
meme catchphrases aren't a rebuttal bud

further proof that this /pol/ shit is founded on delusion that doesn't hold up to even basic criticism
>>
People of other races are largely irrelevant in the indie scene. Thats the fault of people of colour, not white people.

Show some interest and make some indie music and they might be included.
>>
File: 1373765792019.png (420KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1373765792019.png
420KB, 1280x720px
tv on the radio has one of the best indeh albums of the past decade and most of them are black with black culture elements in their music. also indie stems from genres with roots in post-proletariat rebellion (with clear european origins), obviously it will appeal to cultural inheritors of that culture. hip-hop is completely dominated by blacks and it would be career-suicide to go on about the "unbearable blackness of hip-hop".
>>
>>54612081
teehee One of those is actually me
>>
>>54612445
>people of colour,

totally not racist, bongistan.
>>
>>54612170
yelling pol is a meme, i wouldnt get too upset
>>
>>54612436
Whatever you say bud.
But don't stretch it, memes can only hold so much.
>>
i'm tired of being the enemy /mu/

everyone just hates us
>>
>>54612445
this

no one is given bad ratings or is dis respected because of race. its based on the quality of music.
>>
>>54612311
also wrong
>>
>>54612428
That's literally the point of the article
>>
>>54612436
I didn't mean for it to be a rebuttal, I have no intention of debating you, because I dont actually give a shit about any of this. Most people here don't, which is why it's being shitposted and memed to death. It's just fun to see you keyboard warriors get all riled up.
>>
>>54612489
They chose to separate people by the colour of their skin, not me.

I'm Australian, not a bog.
>>
>>54612445
Someone should put the blame on p4k for not bringing colored artists to the forefront
>>
>>54612163
>fat face with unattractive feminine features
>beard
>glasses

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Whenever some SJW cuck boy posts on /mu/, this is exactly what they look like 99% of the time.
>>
>>54612526
if you think that's wrong then you have less music history knowledge than the average 12 year old
>>
>>54612208
>>>/tumblr/

can you please explain why rap music and basketball are dominated by black people? why is this allowed when white people are not allowed to dominate indie music (according to black people/liberals)?
>>
>>54612598
p4k is stuck between having to choose either blacks that shit all over females or empowered females that happen to be 99% white. FKA twigs was a rare exception and that's why it was so hyped. pitchfork has been a heavily politicized publication for years now.
>>
>>54612510
me too,
why can't we all just walk away :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aEd840hRJg
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.