[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"GUITAR MUSIC IS DEAD! Rock is shit and guitars are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: jenny.jpg (104KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jenny.jpg
104KB, 1200x1200px
>"GUITAR MUSIC IS DEAD! Rock is shit and guitars are for plebs!"
>Jenny Death turn out to be a rap rock album
HAHAHA HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW
>>
Are we witnessing the birth of post-rapcore?
>>
>>54428113
>>54428140
dude i haven't enjoyed anything since the money store and these guitar and noise samples are fucking sublime man.
>>
>>54428140
I think we're witnessing the birth of cyberpunk
>>
>>54428169
*anything from dg
>>
I gotta admit it's pretty funny that Jenny Death can be accurately described as rap rock when that word probably mostly makes people think of awful shit like Limp Bizkit or Lil Wayne's attempts at rock music

I mean Jenny Death doesn't sound anything like those artists but rap rock is a fitting term
>>
FUCK THE SUN
DAYLIGHT SUCKS
>>
I never said that. And this is miles above anything else that could be called "rap rock".
>>
>>54428140
post-rap is actually a good name for it
>>
>>54428113
tbh is actually bothers me and by now i really doubt that any of the tracks will top notm for me
>>
>>54428271
>nu-rap
>>
>>54428271
if post-rap wouldn't already be a meme term used when MBDTF was released, maybe
>>
>>54428140
Just the other day I was talking to someone on mu about how we are going to see the post-rap movement soon, just like post-rock and punk
>>
>>54428354
true scholar and a hipster
>>
>>54428326
never heard it before, probably because I don't like MBDTF
>>
I feel sad because it was best utilized on On GP and that song is really sad in context with the album and there being no more MC Ride?

I loved the shit out of this album though. Going to listen at least 2 more times today
>>
>>54428354
gonna rap over a single sinewave note and hands clapping cos fuck it
>>
>that Airhorn in PSS PSS
the best kind of kek
>>
>>54428169
>i haven't enjoyed anything since the money store
>SINCE THE MONEY STORE

kill yourself, my man
>>
File: fred durst my man.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
fred durst my man.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>54428140
yeah i think it's a new thing altogether

>inb4 someone re-names the genre influences for the nth time

i realize that it didn't just appear out of nowhere. but lots of artists try to mash stuff together, and it's shit. DG are innovators.
>>
>>54428354
I mean we already have in a way, it's just called experimental hip hop. Artists like DG, Clipping, and Face Candy have been gaining popularity and influencing a lot of other hip hop artists over the past several years
>>
Quick question, just downloaded the album but how did the leak happen?
>>
>>54428458
2:00 GLORIOUS FUCKING KEKS, BRAVO DEATH GRIPS!
>>
>>54428743
>>54425593
this guy posted it 4 hours ago, check the archive for "share thread" if you really care
>>
does anybody actually like pss pss? personally i think it's terrible

title track is p good though
>>
>>54428896
yes most people seem to like all the tracks
>>
>>54428896
pss pss is fucking amazing legit
one of my favorite tracks here
>>
>>54428458
I loved it
>>
Nu-Metal was great, people only hate it because the traits displayed by white lead singers (angst, immaturity, edgyness) are only accepted if they come from black men (usually meme rappers)
>>
>>54428896
I love that track,
The whispering feels super menacing
>>
>>54428896
Pss Pss is best song, no lie
>>
>>54428896
best death grips track of all time.
>>
>>54428140
either that or a cyberpunk rebirth

>feelsgoodman.jpeg
>>
I wouldn't consider this "rap-rock" at all. The guitars aren't really utilized in a regular rock fashion, or like anything that most people have heard before. If anything they're sort of used like the synths and the electronic stuff from all their other work. It's just a new sound that DG uses to change up their style once again. If anything it's like deconstructionist rock music
>>
>>54428896
probably the best song lol
>>
>>54430438
>deconstructionist rock music
No. Look up what that term means, listen to Royal Trux and then come back. Just because they use rock instruments in a non rock context doesn't make it deconstructionist. If that were the case Don Caborello and Godspeed would be deconstructionist.
>>
>>54430438
post-rap is the term we're going to use from now on
>>
>>54428113
Yup, and now Kanye and Kendrick are both using lots of acoustic/live instrumentation too. real music is dead is back is dead etc etc.
>>
the guitars make it an evolutionary successor to Exm.
>>
>>54429765
no, Staind, Three Days Grace, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit certainly were not great
>>
>>54430683
>Caborello
I'm fucking dying
>>
zippy link ?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.