[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Better production >no corny hooks >less poppy >less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

>Better production
>no corny hooks
>less poppy
>less concessions to the mainstream
>deeper themes and lyrics

What more do you want /mu/?
>>
No banger anywhere
>>
>>54351491
>>54351491
Alright?
>>
Needs more burgers
>>
Some of the hooks are pretty corny, but other than that I love it. Far better than GKMC
>>
better than gkmc
>>
Thanks for ruining the mystique
>>
>>54351478
needs more trap influenced beats.
>>
bars
>>
>we alright we alright
banger
>>
Call it his Bish. Call it his Fear of ya Bish Planet. But these comparisons are of course easy to bish. These albums were stellar left-hooks to already impressive uppercuts. Whether or not they were ya bish to their predecessors is irrelevant: the bish comes in the fact that they're at least as good as ya bish. And let's just roll with that for Kendrick.

The lyrics are personal, ya bish. Kendrick consistently darts the line between introspective reflection and a dick as big as the eiffel tower. It never feels forced, even when hes got bitches. Perhaps this is the greatest strength of the album: ya bish, ya bish. Kendrick's come down to talk to bishes.

But even more impressive than his already-established ya bish lyricism is the production. Jazz and fucking the world for 72 hours influences are obvious, but more importantly ya bish production that adapts to the track and the bish. The music knows Kendrick, and he knows the bish. This forms a beautiful harmony that is the crux of To Pimp a Butterfly: Kendrick knows himself. He knows what is expected of him. And he fills that role spectacularly. Ya bish
>>
File: 1426168486159.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1426168486159.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>54351603
mi insides
>>
>>54351478
Passed my expectations, I was expecting something sorta mainstream cuz of i but I really like it, I'm just hoping everyone can recognize the themes and how in-depth it is
>>
An album title that is neither shit nor based on an objectively subpar piece of literature, even among other piece displaying similar themes.

Album art that isn't dumb.
>>
Why do people think that this album is better than GKMC? The message is overdone and done poorly. Kendrick isn't a philosopher or a social commentator, he's a musical artist. GKMC's story and execution was flawless. (except for compton)
>>
>>54351793
THE ALBUM ART LOOKS SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER WITHOUT THE GREY BORDER. FUCK ITS MAKIN ME SO MAD HOW COULD YOU FUCK UP THIS MUCH K DOT
>>
>>54351834
>why isnt this musician making the same music they made three years ago?
>>
>>54351902
still looks retarded to me

no album that has the name "Trayvon Martin" in it is deserving of anything other than a quick trip to the trash

its fucking trash

fuck niggers
yeah u all mad now
>>
>>54351478
yeah i'm not sure what else /mu/ would want, it has provided everyone with hot memes for months to come which is what all discussion on this board comes down to
>>
>>54351940
more like
>why is the artist making the same generic, boring music Tribe and Mos Def made 15+ years ago?
>>
>>54351834
>Kendrick isn't a philosopher or a social commentator

Just about every reputable philosopher or social commentator had multiple professions they were equally adept at including art.
>>
>>54352031
Okay, then Kendrick Lamar's "philosophy" and social commentary is the same rehashed garbage that tumblr bloggers have been spouting for five years. He's quite the philosopher.
>>
can't remember the last t ime I heard a rap album with such nice basslines
>>
>>54352096
>I didn't bother looking into the lyrics so I'll just focus on the points that allow me to disregard an entire piece as SJW garbage, whatever that means.
>>
Mortal Men shouldn't exist. The worst song since Ill Mind of Hopsin 7
>>
>>54352144
I was about to meme on you hard but I'm actually curious about why you feel that way
>>
>>54352162
It's cliche as hell. I'm not someone who obsesses over quality lyrics, but when that level of emphasis is put on them, then they need to be fucking great. Maybe he was trying to be vulnerable in a weird way or something, but the song didn't work. It was a colossal flop that soured my look on the entire album (the rest of it was pretty damn good).
>>
>>54351478
>Better production
debatable...personally I find this production rather boring, and even more so considering its so unvaried across the length of the entire album
>no corny hooks
it's littered with corny lines though, and he needs to lay off the corny voice-changes
>less poppy
this is not necessarily a good thing unless it's also more interesting, which I don't think it is
as above
not really - I think Kendrick said just as much about black culture and America in GKMC
>>
>>54352122

Lmao!
Are you white? Where do you live you little faggot? Pretty sure you're a white hipster that think this album has deep lyrics and he's innovating rap. If you live here in south central LA you'll know that this is nothing deep and it's the same shit we hear all the time. This Is a commentary over nice beats.

This album has been not well received here. It's shit.
>>
>>54352236
>Not realizing this is copypasta for the Drake album
>>
>>54351478
>better production
keeeeeeeeeek. GKMC is far more varied. The production on TPAB is stale and forgettable on about 50 percent of the tracks.

>no corny hooks
muh fun happy music not as good as sad music 17 year old patrician syndrome

>less poppy
Poppy isn't a bad adjective, you know

Why would anyone want that? Who gives a shit. If the music is good the music is good.

deeper =/= better ya bich. Lyrics are also less varied.

There is literally no argument hear. GKMC is a 9.25, TPAB is a 7.75. It's not even close.
>>
>>54352241
Good guess but I'm from South Bronx.

Of course you'll likely just think I'm pretending just like you are so whatevs, come up with an actual argument and I'll actually respond fuccboi
>>
Everything from u to momma sucks. Rest is pretty good.
>>
>>54352347
U IS FUCKING SHIT. VOICE CRACKING : THE SONG
>>
so um, i JUST found out that this released yesterday. how did i not know about it? and how is it so far?
>>
>>54352253
>GKMC has far more varied production

Not sure if srs. TPAB mixes psychadelic g-funk, jazz, and modern Flylo-esque beats to great effect. GKMC was straightforward and dull.
>>
>>54352347
This is a really good opinion
>>
>>54352347
This is a really bad opinion
>>
>>54351478
The production on this album is far too polished to do it's influences any sort of justice.

Still, an interesting record and a few great tracks. 6/10

If You're Reading This It's Too Late is better.
>>
>>54351491
I'm gonna get my Uncle Sam to fuck you up.
>>
>>54352031
What's your point?
>>
>>54351478
Strictly worse than both section.80 and GKMC
>>
What Sufjan song does Hood Politics sample? I don't recognize it
>>
>>54352241
YG/ DJ Mustard pls go
>>
>>54353589
>If You're Reading This It's Too Late is better.
RUNNING THROUGH THE SITTY WIT MY WHOAS
YOU NO I EAT OREOS
IN THE HATCHBACK SUBARU IM DA REALEST TRUEST TRUU

FUCK DRAKE. HE'S JUST RHYMING SYLLABLES, THE WHOLE ALBUM IS FILLER AND NOTHING'S HE SAID HAS CHANGED ANYTHING.
>>
more than 19 minutes of rapping on an 80 minute album, less spoken word bullshit, no wannabe tupac shit, no cringe tupac fake interview
>>
>>54353674
I agree, Drake said absolutely nothing of importance, really. His flow was immaculate and the production was hypnotic, though.

Nothing K-Dot's said has changed anything either.
>>
>>54351779
I've never been able to understand the themes on first listen, but with the comments on this thread I can know that if I'll carry on listening I'll probably end up liking it.
>>
>>54353636
All For Myself off Age of Adz
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.