[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is clearly the best Aphex Twin and we all agree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

So this is clearly the best Aphex Twin and we all agree on that, right?
>>
no.
>>
Of course we don't all agree on that. Don't be silly.
>>
>>54330270
but it's the best brah
>>
It's obviously RDJ. Anyone who says otherwise is just being contrarian
>>
>>54330166
So this is clearly the worst Aphex Twin album cover and we all agree on that, right?
>>
THE PRODIGY > APHEX TWIN
>>
>>54330166
that's not even aphex twin
>>
>>54330336
what do you meaaan
>>54330292
i can agree with this
>>
I haven't listened to it yet.

I can't get over how every RDJ album I've heard is half brilliant and half boring. Drukqs, RDJ Album, SAW 1 all fit that description. Very similar to Jeffrey Lewis in that regard.

How do you feel? Am I wrong?
>>
>>54330166
His albums are fucking shite, but most of them have a few great tracks sprinkled throughout. Like, if this was an EP with

Acrid Avid Jam Shred
mookid.
Alberto Balsalm
cow cud is a twin

it would be fucking 10/10
>>
>>54330354
not for that album anyways.
>>
>>54330166
I think no one agrees with you. But personally, it'd be hard to pick a best. I think most people go with the RDJ Album or SAW1 because they have the most accessible songs. Hipster edgists will say SAW2. I don't know. They're all pretty decent.
>>
>>54330373
what are the boring bits of RDJ?
>>
>>54330463
HOLY SHIT ARE YOU ME?

I agree with you 100%. Every other track just isn't as good on that album.
>>
>>54330373
>half of Drukqs is boring
you are deaf nigga

Analord 5 is his best ep. RDJ is his best album.
>>
>>54330827
Corn Mouth, Cornish Acid, Logan Rock Witch, and Yellow Calx don't do it for me. I LOVE 4, Fingerbib, Girl Boy, Milkman, and To Cure a Weakling Child.
>>
I have this on vinyl :^)
>>
>>54330901
>4

Mah nigga

As a side not, if the Crazy breakbeat tracks and piano/ambient/musique conrete were released as seperate albums, they would both be at least 8/10
>>
>>54330463
Plebeian
>>
>>54330166
2nd best
>>
That is one ugly album
>>
Give up, people will never agree on what "the best Aphex Twin album" is. And nobody's being a "contrarian" because they disagree with your precious little opinion, there can be no contrarians when there is no consensus.

People who prefer ambient techno are likely to think Selected Ambient Works 85-92 is "the best". For people who prefer ambient, it's likely to be Selected Ambient Works volume II. drukQs might be your favourite if you like drill'n'bass and extreme constrasts. RDJ Album is poppier and "bouncier", I Care Because You Do is a bit more serious, etc.

>>54330373
I agree, Richard D James has a very uneven output. I think Syro and Selected Ambient Works volume II are his most consistent works; even his EPs are hit and miss.
>>
it's tied with RDJ for me
>>
god, i wish the pads in 'start as you mean to go on' were louder
>>
File: 1410823350244.jpg (62KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1410823350244.jpg
62KB, 431x450px
>>54330463
>Icct Hedral
>next heap with.
>not great
>>
>>54331159
Best track on the album
>>
>>54330166
This post is shit. Listen to all his shit instead of trying to set his identity in one album. Go listen to his soundcloud dump, there are some gems in there.
>>
I agree with you OP
>>
>>54330166
mookid is so emotional, it makes me cry
>>
>>54330291
i don't like the second half of RDJ
not OP btw
>>
whole lot of plebs in this thread

OP is right btw
>>
Is there a clearer mark of a pleb than not liking Logan Rock Witch?
>>
It has Alberto Balsam, which is really great, but I don't think it's his best release. That track is so beautiful tho. Damn...
>>
>>54333036
Logan Rock Witch is the best on the album tho
>>
>>54330166
No. Drukqs is.
>>
>>54333298
Drukqs always felt more like a mixtape than an actual album to me.
>>
>>54333556
Drukqs was released with the intention of other people remixing the tracks. Have you heard the backstory of why that album was released? He lost his laptop with a ton of tracks on it, and he was afraid that someone else was going to leak the tracks before he finished them. That's why that album has somewhat of a raw type feel. Truly a great album though.
>>
>>54333284
to cure a weakling child is the worst in my opinion
>>
File: Rushup-edge-cd-cover.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rushup-edge-cd-cover.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
>>54330166
>tfw the best Aphex album isn't even an Aphex album
>>
>>54333740
The Tuss is so god damn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ngMz_qPKKs
>>
>>54333820
Agreed. It sucks that vinyl copies are now obscenely fucking expensive now that Richard admitted he was the one behind it. What's worse is that Rephlex is dead, so there's no chance for a reissue.
>>
>>54333870
Yeah :\

Speaking of old Rephlex, Dave Monolith is coming out with an album soon (used to be on Rephlex) and he's got some good shit.
>>
File: pritchard d jams.png (133KB, 550x230px) Image search: [Google]
pritchard d jams.png
133KB, 550x230px
>>54333689
>>
also

> ctrl+F "hangable" -- no results

it's not an album but hangable autobulb 2 is the apex of aphex, i tell you!
>>
>>54334161
Hahah. I suppose you're right.
>>
>>54334207
this, so much. Every Day is so fucking good
its a shame we got so little of that era, wish he put more on his sc
>>
I change my mind often but I typically either favor ICBYD or Drukqs
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.