[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i know you guys always make fun of vaporwave and macintosh plus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 12

File: 1425116555804.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1425116555804.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
i know you guys always make fun of vaporwave and macintosh plus but what do you honestly think of her music?
>>
shader was good
>>
>him
>her
>not zher
>>
I d-
>>
>>54195909
i think she's mediocre at times, honestly. i like Polytravellers (mainly because i'm an ambient nut) and a few other songs from other albums by her, but she just has a very inconsistent discography overall.
>>
>she
>>
File: giphy1.gif (758KB, 300x208px) Image search: [Google]
giphy1.gif
758KB, 300x208px
>>
are you guys fucking serious jesus christ
>>
gb2/pol/ with your epin transphobia memes guys

hope middle school graduation goes well btw :)
>>
>her
>>
>>54195994
mentally ill degenerate detected
>>
Is 2015 the year of Floral Shoppe 2?

https://soundcloud.com/vektroid/magic-fades-ecco-vektroid-remix
>>
>>54196004
>>>/pol/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/1950s/
>>
>>54196004
truth
>>
>>54195909
Post more #rare Vektroid photos
>>54196024
>>54196020
>>54196004
>>54196001
>>54195984
>tfw so jaded by years of dank memes that I honestly can't tell who is being facetious anymore
>>
File: 1423609367686.png (138KB, 372x365px) Image search: [Google]
1423609367686.png
138KB, 372x365px
>there are people who actually think that gender dysphoria is normal and not a mental illness

kek
>>
>>54196046
this, these memers give me migraines
>>
>>54196024
Don't you have some mantras to go repeat to yourself before you start realizing how retarded you are? I'd start with "Gender is a social construct"
>>
>>54195909
She's okay. If FS had never come out she would be on the same level as all of the other first wavers of vaporwave in terms of popularity. Too many releases with too much filler. As is the case with 90% of vapor artists. Dudes got talent, just needs a filter.
>>
Why do people think vektroid is transgender?
>>
>>54196115
well i mean, it really is. maybe if you had any education past high school you would realize that.
>>
>>54196115

Gender and gender preformance really are socially conducted.

Sex is the one with the biological binary.
>>
>>54196171
because he is? he came out as transgender awhile ago.
>>
>>54196333
Post proof
>>
>>54195909
i have no problem with transgender people whatsoever. i fully support 100%.
>>
>>54196342
I'm a musician/journalist and I talked with Lux, that meet her personally for a long time and yes. She's trans
>>
>>54196378

My dad works for Nintendo and he says she isn't.
>>
>>54196249
sex isn't either lol
sorry m80
>>
File: 1398931280221.jpg (24KB, 479x497px) Image search: [Google]
1398931280221.jpg
24KB, 479x497px
>>54195994
i'm loving this "phobia" meme

transphobia
homophobia
islamophobia

what else is out there
>>
>>54196426

Yes it is. X and Y. Mutations can happen but those are medical oddities.
>>
>>54196396
I'm serious, dude.
>>
>>54196458
yes, something that's been around for several years and years is now suddenly a meme.
>>
>>54196459
the simple fact that they exist elsewhere outside of the human species proves that that statement is false. simply because people have a hard time coping with someone they can't classify as traditionally male or female doesn't make them an oddity
>>
I've really loved a lot of her albums. I think she's a really visionary conceptual artist who's nailed it a bunch of times, and I think she's gonna be remembered for it.
>>
>>54196066
just fuck off. there is no such thing as a mental "norm". why don't we take the most hetero, intelligent, happy, functional person in the world and then label every single way in which YOU deviate from them cognitively as a "mental illness".

"mental illness" is NOT a term that we should use to stigmatise people. it is a tool, an arbitrary description we made up to describe abnormal variations in the way someone's brain works IF those changes are obviously significantly detrimental to that person's wellbeing and functionality. it is intended to separate individuals from the symptoms they've involuntarily developed, in the same way that we do not criticise and humiliate people for deigning to, say, develop cancer.

it is not the norm nor is it ideal to be trans for the trans person themselves, and it obviously is the result of some kind of atypical brain development or something such. nobody's arguing that. but they exist in the millions, they are human beings with the same rights as anybody else, and society has to deal with that, not just bitch and moan about how nature is WRONG and everybody should be straight and cis and mentally healthy and tall and white and beautiful. the point is that trans people are perfectly capable of being happy, productive, successful people, comfortable in their appearance and their body, making full use of their intellect, functioning within society. by far the main thing holding them back is OTHER people and their stupid outdated bigotry and biases (i.e. you). Obviously this is not on par with things like schizophrenia, severe depression, bipolar disorder, borderline, etc. because these are obviously significantly detrimental to the quality of life of the sufferer even in a vacuum, and regardless of the supportiveness of others around them will almost certainly impair their ability to function as happy and independent individuals.
>>
>>54196249
This is true except sex isn't always, intersexed people exist.
The >her meme is getting to be really pathetic though. Like whether or not you agree with people transitioning, that's so not even the point, it's a discussion on the persons music, not gender.

Yall are cancer
>>
this meme gets me every time
>>
>>54196563
well said
>>
He's a hack.
>>
>>54196563

So I'm not that guy but as a person who has gender dysphoria I'm gonna tell you you're a fucking idiot for claiming gender dysphoria is normal. It's not. Transitioning is my method of dealing with the thing that's wrong with my biology.

Being transgender isn't a mental illness. Having dysphoria is, you fucking twat.
>>
>her
>>
>it is not the norm nor is it ideal to be trans for the trans person themselves, and it obviously is the result of some kind of atypical brain development or something such
Didn't know gender dysphoria also severely impaired reading comprehension, retard
>>
>>54195980
underrated post
>>
>>54196761
:)
>>54196720
>>
>>54196580
Thank you. Biologists are, indeed, beginning to discover that sex is not only more than a binary, it's not even a spectrum; it's more like an ocean.
>>
>>54196459
No. See: intersex people. "Mutations can happen" barely scratches the surface.
>>
>his
>>
>>54196563
tl;dr
>>
>>54196720
as someone else said, I very clearly acknowledged that dysphoria isn't normal. i just said that even though it is abnormal people don't deserve to be ridiculed and dismissed as somehow sub-human for experiencing it.

thanks for reading thoroughly, not jumping to conclusions, and not being a dick, though.
>>
>>54197123
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: js.gif (1010KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
js.gif
1010KB, 245x300px
>>54197161
Society is wrong. People with "dysphoria" are only allowing gender norms to reign supreme.
>>
>>54197161
No, you didn't. You heckled that one dude when he said dysphoria wasn't normal and that it was a mental illness. There was no ridicule or stigma, he just stated facts.

You're contradicting yourself, bruh.
>>
>>54197123
>reading is hard :( thinking is hard :( i'll just use this dank may may that the internet tells me means i don't have to do bother with any of that yet somehow YOU'RE the one in the wrong
you know you have to be an adult to post on 4chan, right?
>>
>>54197206
*by transitioning
>>
>>54196563
>shitting yourself this much on a vaporwave thread
>>
File: 1425928127590.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1425928127590.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>54196563
sounds like someone took psych 101
>>
>her
>>
I love FS be it meme of music
>>
>>54197206
People with dysphoria (I like the condescending quote marks you used, nice touch) aren't doing jack shit with gender norms. It's a biological condition that causes psychological damage. At this point, transition is the most effective means of treatment. That doesn't have shit to do with society. It's possible to have dysphoria, transition one's physical sex, and still not conform to gender norms. My boyfriend and I are both pretty great examples of that. I'm a butchy trans girl and he's the most flowery trans guy you'll probably ever meet.
>>
>>54196563
Thank you for taking the time to write this. A+.
>>
>>54197229
you know that no mature adult would ever post on 4chan. get the fuck out of here
>>
>>54197255
>ad hominem + epik may may = solid rebuttal
thanks for your contribution
>>
File: 138776865162.jpg (262KB, 904x1074px) Image search: [Google]
138776865162.jpg
262KB, 904x1074px
>>54196563
>getting this buttflastered defending trannies on a memegenre thread, in a ebin memes website
>>
>>54196720
But you can't transition to being an actual woman. You're just a dude with a chopped off dick on hormones. You have absolutely no idea what it means to be a woman, never will and will just end up as some bigger mess of seeping makeshift orifices and hormone smoothies.

PS. Make sure when they bury you, you get cremated so someone doesn't offend you after death by using the wrong pronoun or whatever the fuck people do now to facilitate people that should be getting psychological treatment.

Also,
>her

lmao
>>
all of these threads are obviously b8 but apparently tumblr fags are too stupid to realize that. oh wait thats not surprising
>>
the low effort tranny meme is arguably the spiciest meme of our time - half of these men don't even bother covering up their fucking stubble

like I have no fucking idea what the thing in the OP is supposed to be or if he's trying to cosplay as the Weasley twins, but holy shit lmao atleast fucking try
>>
File: iw5dzgh.jpg (33KB, 401x396px) Image search: [Google]
iw5dzgh.jpg
33KB, 401x396px
>>54195909

I'll be honest with you /mu/ and 4chan BBS.

I only come to check 'em, checking intensifies, why so much check? Did you check 'em already?

It means, there are 1 per 49 threads that you could actually share something on, if it's not obviously your love story with the /kpop/
>>
>>54196378
>She's
>>
>>54197360
>this level of not understanding how the sex spectrum works

kek
>>
>>54197283
You couldn't have gender dysphoria if there were not gender norms. Transitioning to treat it is by definition catering to those gender norms.

I have identity "dysphoria" and can't do anything about it.
>>
why do fags like buzz words so much?
>>
>>54197587
You didn't understand a thing I posted.

It's sex dysphoria. Biological. It's separate from gender roles.
>>
how do you trans lovers feel about otherkin?
>>
Regardless of your opinion on transgender-related topics, the fact that people can't just use a word describing a person in a sentence is pure unbridled autism. Why are nicknames okay but a three-letter word isn't?
>>
>>54197660
otherkin may be kinda silly, but they're not usually worth getting upset about.
>>
>>54197627
The questions "what is your sex?" and "what is your gender?" mean the same thing to me.

Guess I'm just stupid.
>>
>>54197715
youre not stupid you just dont browse tumblr
>>
>>54197688
This is the point I was trying to make. The point of the topic isn't about a persons gender, it's your opinion on the music that that person makes. Like damn.
>>
>>54197748
haha this post was definitely made so people would start arguing
>>
>>54197738
I have a tumblog. It's a useful medium for posting stuff even though my 9 followers seem to not give a shit about any of it.
>>
is this music
>>
>>54197815

It's a discourse on vaporwave as a whole, bringing up it's themes of genuine intent versus ironic performance
>>
>>54197840
oh.
>>
Vektroid threads should be banned. They always turn into /pol/ vs tumblr and there is no discussion of music in them.
>>
>>54197442
You tried
>>54197815
Who cares?
>>54197715
>Guess I'm just stupid.
Out of touch, at the very least.
>>
>>54195909

who is this hot a what bahibitabhat
>>
>>54195909
that's a girl?
>>
>>54197715

No, you're just uninformed.

Gender is a socially constructed idea, yes. The norms, attitudes, behaviors, and expectations assigned to the two sexes are artifical and have no basis in biology. This is gender identity, a human concept.

Sex is the biological and physiological spectrum (more like a pages-long checklist, really) of primary and secondary sexual characteristics.

Sex dysphoria, contrary to popular belief (mostly tumblr-tards), does not come from a person wishing to engage in the gender norms of the opposite sex. It comes from a neurological disturbance in hormonal chemistry in the brain's development, usually around puberty, that causes a psychological rejection of the body's primary and secondary sexual characteristics around the time of bodily development. If not treated then, it manifests into a full on rejection of one's biological sex.

I suffer from dysphoria. It started roughly around the age of 13 and progressed further and further until I decided to confront it at the age of 21. It doesn't spring from wanting to wear dresses, grow flowers and be a pretty girl. I reject most gender norms assigned to women. Dysphoria has nothing to do with identity. It's a condition. It causes me pain. Transition is my means of addressing it.

Make sense now?
>>
>>54197870
far from it
>>
>>54197660
They're an insult to the trans community. When we discover a biological or neurological root cause for feeling like a dolphin, I'll take them seriously.
>>
>>54197939
>implying society isnt completely influenced by our biological instincts
>implying animals dont have gender roles
>>
>>54198016
No, it means your brain rejects your physical sex and causes deep psychological trauma.

See my other post at >>54197939
>>
>>54197660
bullshit special snowflakes jumping the bandwagon of legitimate gender dysphoria to justify their childish desire to be book and video game characters because normal life is too boring. it is logical from what we know of how gender develops, and backed to an extent scientifically, to be transgendered. it's some fallacious new age hippie bullshit to think that somehow you are actually your favourite video game character or a dragon or a plant or some similar bullshit, at best means you're just an embarrassing attention whore who's a little too obsessed with their fave fantasy universe and too easily influenced by internet fads, at worst indicates you are genuinely mentally ill and desperately need to be treated. it's harmful to the trans cause because it is such blatantly childish, ludicrous bullshit, and if/when people unfamiliar with trans issues see it lumped in there they'll be more likely to dismiss transgender people as similarly delusional.
>>
>>54197967
oh well whats the biological or neurological root for being trans?
>>
>>54198046
>bullshit special snowflakes jumping the bandwagon of legitimate gender dysphoria to justify their childish desire to be book and video game characters because normal life is too boring.

literally the same thing can be said for most trans people these days.

gender dysphoria isn't as common as you're led to believe on the internet.
>>
>>54198039
>implying either of those two things have anything to do with the conversation
>implying animals aren't capable of constructing gender roles artificially and arbitrarily the same way humans are because humans are also animals

Gender roles as a concept are a consequence of and construction based on sex, not a predictor of nor indicator or it.
>>
File: 1426020657276.jpg (41KB, 525x540px) Image search: [Google]
1426020657276.jpg
41KB, 525x540px
>>54196563
>mfw any sjw will get butthurt over any social issue

>mfw you get this butthurt on a japanese imageboard
>>
File: large_videodrome_blu-ray_3x[1].jpg (82KB, 766x415px) Image search: [Google]
large_videodrome_blu-ray_3x[1].jpg
82KB, 766x415px
>>54197939
>psychological rejection of the body's primary and secondary sexual characteristics
Can't you just like watch Videodrome or something?

Your psychology is caused by gender, no?
>>
>>54198092
>gender dysphoria isn't as common as you're led to believe

To be fair, this is actually true. There are scores of "trans" people who transgress gender presentation merely as an execution of personal freedom rather than medical necessity. And in all honesty, I think it's an admirable choice to do so, but they need to stop pretending it's a necessity for them and admit they just like being gender antagonists.
>>
>>54198066
See my other post at >>54197939, I don't feel like retyping.
>>
>>54198134
I got blocked by "Laura Jane Grace" on twitter for calling him out on this.
>>
>>54198121
No, your psychological state is both affected by and effected by society's gender expectations, but it's not as simple as changing your attitude about it.

I wish it were. I struggled with it for years. If it were as simple as saying "Well, I guess being a guy isn't so bad", that'd be pretty radical.
>>
That it's real damn boring. Vaporwave as a whole is absolutely not for me.
>>
>>54198167
I think she is someone who, for mental health reasons, had to transition. Better for her to transition than haver her commit suicide.
>>
>>54198167
Honestly, if they all just admitted that they just liked pushing gender boundaries and weren't transitioning for medical reasons, I wouldn't even be upset. But pretending to have dysphoria is pretty insulting to those of us who have it and have brinked on the edge of suicide over it countless times and nearly lost family over it. It's not cute. It doesn't make you special. It's just like people w ho pretend to have schizophrenia or something similar.
>>
When did 4chan become so accepting of the mentally ill?

You're either born a man, or a woman. If you have a penis, you're a man. And vice versa with women

Quit complicating things you fucking losers
>>
>>54198212
I agree with you on the latter point (I'm not so sure on the former, since I'm not familiar with her on a personal level), but I think there are plenty of people here who would rather never have had to hear her music.
>>
>>54198212
I disagree. Suicide causes change in society.
>>
>>54198134
>they need to stop pretending it's a necessity for them and admit they just like being gender antagonists.
Is there even a practical difference, though? You get treated equally as shitty by mainstream society and I'd wager that the antagonists do feel a legitimate need to some degree.
>>
>>54198265
>and vice versa with women

So...if you're a woman, you have a penis?

Quit butchering grammar and syntax, you fucking loser.
>>
>>54198092
Yeah, and I agree that it's a cunt move, like >>54198134 says, to jump the transtrend bandwagon because you wanna be different or progressive if you claim that you're genuinely trans, experience dysphoria, etc. when in reality you aren't/don't. Defy gender norms all you want, but yeah, don't pretend it's anything more than that because you're doing actual trans people for whom it is genuinely a distressing pyschological issue a total disservice.

It's a slippery slope to go down though to start trying to draw the line between transtrenders who claim to be legit but aren't and trans people who genuinely experience dysphoria.
>>
>>54198289
That's a fair point I hadn't considered. Even for those who do it out of preference, it still doesn't appear to be a walk in the park. In retrospect, I suppose my anger stems from the fear that people who don't have dysphoria but still transition make those of us who do have it seem disingenuous, but that's probably an ego-related thing.

Like I said, I still think transgressing and/or dismantling gender roles is admirable enough as an action despite the incentive, I just wish people would be honest because those who aren't cause the line to be blurred.
>>
>>54198317
Thank you.
>>
>her
>>
>>54196563
I support this.
>>
>>54198346
I think I sort of see what you mean, but I think the inquisition against "transtrenders" only contributes to the problem. The fact that society AND the trans crowd doesn't accept partial gender deviancy as a legitimate expression kind of forces those who are in between to choose one or the other. I don't know, I just can't imagine that anyone would willingly choose to hate their body and very person while also being reviled by like 90% of the populace just to be trendy in very niche internet circles.
>>
I actually really like vektroid's albums
>>
>>54198302

Butthurt trans-faggot identified
>>
>>54198433
You've given me a lot of material for reflection. The LGBT community already suffers enough internal struggle, so I suppose you're right. If intersectionality is REALLY our goal, it's wrong of us to dismiss those we might see as having only one foot in the door, so to speak.

Though like I've said, my only problem with transtrenders is the lack of honesty when it comes to intent, but that's a personal problem I have to overcome. It's ego-related, because my identity feels threatened by those who are able to get on hormones and receive treatment when they didn't have to go through the pain I did all those years. But your post has helped me realize that maybe it's not so bad, and I should just be happy for them that they've found a way to express themselves without having to endure what I've endured. I feel like more people with that attitude of non-attachment to people's intentions would be a big step towards community and intersectionality.

Thanks for your contributions, you've helped me see things in a pretty rad light. I appreciate it.
>>
>>54198567
omg EPIK!!! u magnificent BASTARD!!! that person got TOTES BTFO!! XDDD nice 1!!! *brofist*
>>
>>54198601
Glad something of honesty came out of what was otherwise an abysmal meme thread. Good luck, anon!
>>
>her
>>
>>54195909

so Vektroid is a girl then?
>>
>her
>>
>>54197738
> you just dont browse tumblr

And that is where your argument is now moot.
>>
>her
>>
i knew ramona when she was "vektordrum" and supported her with the gender issues.
>>
>>54199478
Any recs on Vek's early shit like Vektordrum? I listened to a little bit of it and it sounds exactly like the Caretaker
>>
File: 1363759318892.gif (2MB, 350x156px) Image search: [Google]
1363759318892.gif
2MB, 350x156px
>>54195909
>>54196563
>>54197939
No matter what anyone thinks about all this, /mu/ is not the place to discuss it.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.