[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't even begin to understand why Kanye West has a right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: beck-kanye-west.jpg (196KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
beck-kanye-west.jpg
196KB, 1500x1000px
I can't even begin to understand why Kanye West has a right to say Beck is killing music...

I know it's pretty obvious, but wth, does /mu/ prefer Kanye or Beck and why/
>>
i love both of them
music isn't a contest
>>
>>53874213
When did he say that Beck was killing music
>>
NO ONE on /mu/ likes Kanye. He's a meme and b8.
>>
>>53874309
You don't really believe that, do you?
>>
>>53874309
that was a dumb thing to say and i hope you don't actually believe that
>>
>>53874308
After the grammy's, he started to backchat about Kanye

I don't usually side with him but thank God that 50 cent put him in his place
>>
>>53874213
Beck is a good guy, has some great fucking lyrics. Kanye bitches about how rich he is and how many bitches he gets. I'd love to hear a Kanye song where he's the sole writer, but he's actually not very talented at that and uses a whole team of people to create his music for him, then he slaps his name on the final product. His music is directed toward sensation and goes for a cheap laugh via one-liners, while Beck's music, at least for me, is pretty cerebral and covers more than a one-dimensional culture.

So Beck
>>
>>53874349
Allahu Akbar

I wish I knew you irl, that statement was beautiful
>>
>>53874336
This guy isn't in on the joke : ^ \

you can stop listening to kanye anon.
>>
>>53874349
Holy shit never have I read something so true on /mu/
>>
Beck.

No matter what kanye does to attempt to cleanse his dirty soul. He doesn't care about the music industry. He cares about money.
>>
Kanye o my because I've never heard any of Beck's music
>>
Beck's worst song is better than whatever diarrhea Kanye just did today.
>>
>>53874613
Weird, that was the same reason Kanye thought Beck was killing the music industry. He just hadn't heard his music.

I dont r8 your b8 m8, pls dont h8
>>
reminder that beck literally made a song based around one line on a throwaway kanye song

>My freshman year I was going through hella problems
>'Til I, built up the nerve to drop my ass up out of college
>My teacher said I'se a loser, I told her why don't you kill me
>I give a fuck if you fail me, I'm gonna follow my heart
>>
>>53874599
The way I see it, the problem is that he actually cares too much about the music industry. He sees everything as an industry. He's a genius at publicity. He looks at shoes and sees an industry, he looks at a coat and sees an industry, he hears a cool drum beat and thinks about the industry. He like, represents the music industry.
>>
>>53874213
Beck is mediocre at best. Kanye is mediocre at best. Beck knows his place. Kanye thinks he should be treated like the king of the Earth. Therefore Beck is better
>>
>>53874377
>implying I listen to him
>>
>>53874678

Typical Kanye fan, thinking Kanye is better because you haven't heard Beck's music. Please, don't.

>although this bait did get me, fuck
>>
First off, how the fuck is Beck "killing music" since you agree with Kanye OP, second off, I prefer beck but like some Kanye.
>>
Kanye is an untalented jackass
Dunno about Beck
>>
>>53874791
OP here, to make myself clearer, I said Kanye has no right to say that Beck is killing music.

I hate kanye to death. I hope he rots in hell.

Reread what I said: "I can't even begin to understand why Kanye West has a right to say Beck is killing music..."
>>
>>53874704

you retards are hilarious sometimes. delusional the lot of you

>kanye makes a shit song

it's supposed to be shit he did it on purpose!

>kanye's shit lyrics get torn apart

lol 2deep4u he's being ironic

you people will justify anything this guy does

friendly reminder that he likes making clothes more than music
>>
Reminder that Kanye threads are /b/'s entry into /mu/
>>
>>53874714

wording this but i'll replace kanye is mediocre with kanye is a talentless phoney
>>
>>53874875
you dont say lol

>>>/b/600528843

They seem to be siding with us
>>
Kanye is honestly garbage, especially his late songs (all 3 of them are straight up crap). beck atleast has some good songs.
>>
>>53874846
You're getting it wrong. I think Satan is in the music industry, metaphorically speaking. It's terrible.
>>
>>53874826
oops, sorry, must have misread something, I'm blaming it on the fact that I haven't eaten anything today
>>
Beck has inventive stylizations, god tier lyricism, and is a pretty alright dude except for his retarded cult religion. Kanye is always putting out the same shit, can't stop talking about himself and his dick, and is a total cunt to everyone, all the time, constantly. So Kanye is a shit musician that is toxic to the industry, and Beck is a pretty alright musician that is friendly to the industry.

Where's the contest?
>>
>>53874944

>having ears
>not currently listening to all day
>>
>>53874213
kanye because he is more interested in creating something new and i don't like the old things anymore
>>
>>53875694
You're talking about Beck right? right...? right...
>>
Yeezy
>>
>>53874349
Thats what every single 16 year old says about "(insert pop artist they don't like here)" with no basis for having this opinion. Absolutely doesn't apply to Kanye in the least bit, if you like his music or not.
>>
>>53874349
i find your dismissal of an entire culture as one-dimensional at best ill-informed and at worst completely disingenuous
but then it's not your culture so you probably don't have much choice about how much cherrypicking you do

beck isn't in any way intrinsically deeper than kanye, just wearing some sandals and being a bit fey doesn't make you a poet

beck is not a studio engineer, he's not working out how to get a good snare drum
and before you say neither does kanye, you're wrong, even when he has someone else mixing for him he's an insufferable interfering control freak

i dont even like kanyes stuff that much but if you try making this about skill youre going to lose
>>
>>53874213

I'll take Beck (and his crazy Scientology cult) over Kanye and his excessively shitty music.
>>
kanye's a boorish asshole. fuck him in his wired jaw mouth.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.