[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove me wrong: There is no place to share your music as a rock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: Marshall.jpg (109KB, 620x399px) Image search: [Google]
Marshall.jpg
109KB, 620x399px
Prove me wrong:

There is no place to share your music as a rock band (of any genre) anymore. No one cares about your band either, whether it be on the internet or in real life at shows/whatever. If you are starting a rock band, you've already failed. There is not a single way in which you can succeed. These are just facts.
>>
>>53850152
define 'rock band'
>>
>>53850152
distorted guitar. not indie pop
>>
File: dead-horse.gif (129KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
dead-horse.gif
129KB, 300x232px
about fucking time too
>>
>>53850334
fuck, this is supposed to be in response to this: >>53850196
>>
>>53850152
People who start a guitar rock bang generally don't form one with success as the number one goal
>>
>>53850472
i agree, but i get what op is saying too. times have changed and rock music isn't as popular as it was anymore. there are no real rockstars even. at least not young ones.
its all hip hop and electronic pop singers who are the rock stars now.
>>
I've got an alternative rock, emo, shoegaze influenced band and we have been playing fr over 2 years. It just seems impossible to get people to care. Granted we live in the shittiest part of America. I mean our music isn't amazing, but it doesn't suck. It just becomes so apparent at some point that what you're doing and what you work so hard for, is in fact meaningless.
>>
>>53850599
If you love what you're doing, then it's not meaningless
>>
>>53850599
Where do you live?
>>
>>53850733
until its time to pay rent
>>
>>53850733
>how delusions are born

lel
>>
>>53850152
You can still do well locally in a lot of places. A lot of bands around where I live do alright. Sometimes that's good enough, ya know
>>
>>53850746
Western New York

God is not here
>>
>>53850780
what do you mean by do alright?
>>
>>53850599
Care to share, cat friend?
You have my interest.
>>
>>53850787
>Western NY

Southern NY here my thoughts and prayers are with you
>>
>>53850828
thank you. it's -20 every fucking day. everything is breaking in the cold, including my spirit. there is nothing here. if you wanna play live, well good luck getting a show if you're not metalcore. also since every time I die is from buffalo, so many bands worship them, and in effect, sound just like them.

fuck etid and fuck buffalo, god damn
>>
>>53850599
life is meaningless, get over it
if you're into your art for money or fame your into it for the wrong reasons. if you want to get your music 'out there' just start a bandcamp and send it to local venues to try and score some gigs
>>
>>53850814
Sure thing.

https://soundcloud.com/elemantraband/we-all-know

This is a newer one of ours, we are actually gonna record 3 new songs Friday and Saturday. We plan on releasing an album/thing here pretty soon. But, no one where we live will give 2 shits.
>>
>>53850932
well why should they care? give them a reason to. this is not going to happen over night. keep going.
>>
>>53850932
Are you planning to self release?
>>
>>53850895
Believe me when I say im not in it for fame or money. Ive lost thousands upon thousands of dollars. we have played 50 or so shows in the past 2 years. Got paid for 5 of them. Most we got paid ever? 25 bucks. We had to drive for over an hour to get there, and same way back. that barely covered gas. I don't care about money. But, at some point, you want someone to tell you "nice job" or have some people that are caring about what you're doing. If any artist says there content with being nobody, they are lying. I want people to hear my music and care about it.
>>
>>53850978
Yeah I am. Do you mean record it myself? then yes. Or if you mean do I plan on having a label help me with marketing and advertising, then also yes. We have gotten no halp with anything with our music. All independent and I record everything. not like play every instrument, but I record and mix and master it all. I just play guitar, vocals, and keys.
>>
>>53850992
ofc you cannot compete with the machinery that is behind some of these artists, indie or not

but maybe you're just not good enough
>>
>>53850828
where at in southern ny?
>>
>>53851105
what are you saying in the first line of your post?

But, yeah we could very well be not good enough. But, I Iove making and playing music, so I wont let that stop me. At least not for now
>>
>>53850152

I bet your music is pretty shitty and mediocre. I bet you just strum the same chords every other artist has strumed before you, and you do it in the same mediocre way the do it.
>>
>>53851237
>your best may never be good enough

dont forget it
>>
File: Soundwave2015.jpg (401KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
Soundwave2015.jpg
401KB, 650x300px
>>53850152
No one told this lot rock was dead...
>>
>>53851264
a lot of the bands on that bill are established musicians.

rock on a local scale, is dead
>>
>>53851349
>poor argument
>>
>>53851237
..bb...b-but there are only 12 notes
>>
>>53850152
>Write awesome music
>Be excellent to people
>Put some actual effort in
>>
If anyone cares, here are three songs by my band. For the record, we do put a lot of effort into these. and we have better stuff coming out soon

https://soundcloud.com/elemantraband/clovers

https://soundcloud.com/elemantraband/bermuda

https://soundcloud.com/elemantraband/we-all-know
>>
>>53851384
change time signatures
Write better
Use different chords other than major and minor
Different instruments
Better sound

You need a good sound so people listen to your full song
And you need to write a good song so people listen again and again
>>
>>53850152
>Punk and Metal Bands
They support each other in the region

>Indie/Alternative
lol no one gives a shit about your crap

>Electronic
Don't even think about it

>Avant-Garde Post-Pop Minimalist Neoclassical Dadaist Industrial Mathcore
if you have enough money to do something like that there's you're already famous in pretentious hipster shitholes like /mu/
>>
>>53852622
lol this is literally the worst advice, music is about nothing other than the energy put into it. if you write and play a song with true conviction, then you can use nothing but G, C, and D and write some really meaningful shit.
>>
>>53850932
this would be so much nicer if the drums had more of a roomy sound. that snare sounds dryer than a ryvita in a nuns minge in the sahara.
>>
>>53852622
>Click here
This.

This over and over again.
>>
>>53850932
>https://soundcloud.com/elemantraband/we-all-know

You guys sound great, just get the rhythm section a little bit tighter.
>>
>>53851120
Rockland
>>
>>53850152
Nice projecting OP.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.