[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/prod/ - music production

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: lunga2morebeers.jpg (232KB, 885x886px) Image search: [Google]
lunga2morebeers.jpg
232KB, 885x886px
>Preset Edition
Post the tracks you're working on, discuss general music composition. Learn about music production software and techniques and talk about production-related gear.

Remember to use:
>clyp.it for WiPs
>soundcloud for completed tracks and getting called a penile pirate for not going to soundcloud threads

We're making an album! (or trying to).
Check the next post for info.

>IF YOUR QUESTION SEEMS BASIC ENOUGH TO BE IN THE PASTEBIN THEN IT PROBABLY IS

Stuff:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff:
http://pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - looking for contributors (wink, wink)
http://mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki//mu/sic_Production_Wiki

Previous thread: >>53557081
>>
File: lunga2morebeers2.jpg (637KB, 885x886px) Image search: [Google]
lunga2morebeers2.jpg
637KB, 885x886px
>>53593078

We're making an album! (or trying to).
How to join:
>Take a good look at this picture
>Be inspired by it
>that's it
Anything goes, feel free to find anons to collab and have fun with in any way you want. Or just work solo.
We're doing this for fun.
>>
first for triangle wave being master wave
>>
>>53593122

>not sine
>>
>>53593122
Second for sine waves are shit
>>
Finally got Ableton installed today + my midi keyboard arrived

bretty gud day so far, what are some good resources to get into ableton? I want to record guitar/bass (this is fairly simple) but also do sample stuff and build some beats
>>
http://strawpoll.me/3638888
>>
File: Standing Wave.jpg (299KB, 1000x442px) Image search: [Google]
Standing Wave.jpg
299KB, 1000x442px
>>53593122
>>53593191
>>53593202
Sine waves are the building blocks of sound. They're beautiful and perfect. I for one prefer my sine waves standing when possible.
>>
>>53593283

agreed <3 :)
>>
>>53593283
Go2bed kieran
>>
File: Triton Audio - Fethead.jpg (51KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
Triton Audio - Fethead.jpg
51KB, 600x557px
>>53593259
that is a good day bro. Yesterday I got my Akai EIE pro and today I got my pair of Fetheads. I'm rolling in chuff!
>>
>>53593298
kieran hunt? i'm not him actually.
>>
File: yeah-nah.jpg (30KB, 344x291px) Image search: [Google]
yeah-nah.jpg
30KB, 344x291px
>>53593122
>>53593191
>>53593202
>anything but saw
I'll didgeridoo you soft cock cunts in.
>>
>>53593341
There's a dude here who is obsessed with sines and 4tet. 4tet wouldn't actually post here, he'd probably get all mad like bongs tend to do.
>>
>>53593377
oh. I like sines from a physics point of view moreso than from a synth/music point of view, but it's all inter-related enough.
>>
>>53593425
I just like dank memes.
>>
https://clyp.it/5zwtnhuq
made this a while back but unsure about the whole. might re do it or keep it as is. meant for a vocal but not here right now. hip hop mpc inspired.
>>
any /prod/bros build their own gear?

I've always been interested in electronics but have never really known where to start. Would a little analog synth be a fun project to get my bearings? I'm a CS major who really liked the electrical side of physics so I feel I should be up for it.
>>
>>53593963
You should look into the mutable instruments Shruthi, but I think it's discontinued. They might still sell of the remaining stock.

You should also look into modular synths like Paia, or Wiard

Finally, you should check out muffwiggler.com they have an amazing community, especially diy. It's like the opposite of gearslutz.
>>
>>53593963
check out the MFOS website, theyve got some beginner kits and a lot of information regarding this kind of shit
>>
>>53593963
I'm too incompetent when it comes to electrical wiring to make something as complex as a synthesizer, but I've always wanted to make a spring reverb unit myself.

I've also wanted to cannibalize a few cheap thrift store cassette decks to use to make a homemade tape delay, but I haven't had enough time yet to figure out exactly how to rig one up since I'm wanting to use it for long delays which means the playback head will have to be farther away from the record head than usual.
>>
File: hammnd.png (2MB, 662x2995px) Image search: [Google]
hammnd.png
2MB, 662x2995px
>>53593963
>>53594247
>find old dead or malfunctioning home organ with built-in Leslie/reverb tank (it's important that it's a lemon you don't fucking ruin good instruments especially home organs - most of them cost as much as a house when they were sold and have NASA-tier wiring and engineering)
>chop that shit into your very own custom Leslie amp
>>
File: autechremax2.l.jpg (112KB, 700x470px) Image search: [Google]
autechremax2.l.jpg
112KB, 700x470px
I'm looking for videos (not neccessarily tutorials) showing how proffesionals do some really complex and well-layered sound design stuff. pic related
>>
>>53594247
>spring reverb
There's the music thing spring reverb kit, it's a euro module, but if you can assemble it, you can easily figure out how to house and power it on your own.

>cassette delay
That's quite a bit trickier. Cassette tapes just aren't going to let you record and read at the same time unless you crack open the cassette. It's a lot more feasible if you use open reel tape. At that point rigging up a delay is easy, but not variable, you'd need a second machine to get longer delays.
>>
>>53594316
Or chop up any old organ that isn't a Yamaha or a TWG Hammond. 98% of spinet organs out there are worthless and a fire hazard, you're doing the world a favor by choppig them up.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.