[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Kanye The Biggest Sellout Ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 3

File: drake-kanye-ghetto.jpg (71KB, 550x515px) Image search: [Google]
drake-kanye-ghetto.jpg
71KB, 550x515px
Serious question.

He has always looked for validation from people he feels inferior to (Beyonce, Jay Z etc.) and honestly, it's understandable that this constant search for validation would lead him to make an album very dissimilar to Yeezus which sold about as much as J.Cole and had one of the greatest second week drop in sales ever.

What is hilarious, however, is that he can make such a drastic change from being all anti-establishment in 2013 to begging for a collab with Taylor Swift, having country sounding rap-rock ballads (y'all hated it when Em and Rick Rubin did those in 2013, remember) with Rihanna and basically fawning to be White America's sweetheart again with the "moving" Grammy appearances, and the Ellen interview, and the "ballad for my oh-so-cute-and-biracial child" and laying some of the blandest, most inoffensive rap lyrics the genre has seen since Lil Bow Wow. Scratch that, since Kriss Kross.

So, is Kanye King sellout?

http://strawpoll.me/3636968
>>
No. Because he was never an artist. He's alwa
>>
nerd
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 425x539px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 425x539px
Nope
Pic related
>>
>>53588973
ys been a popstar.
>>
>>53588954
or he's doing what he wants to do? i mean, views on an industry can change when it sways in your favor. if someone offers you a few milli to do what you want to do, you would do the same.
>>
Faust is the biggest sellout ever.
>>
i'm just shocked he told beck to respect beyonce's 'artistry'

beck is pretty good, and morning phase was pretty good

beyonce's level of 'artistry' is pretty nil, there are millions of pretty singers in the world who have zero creative input in their 'product' and just perform the songs
she's just marketed to teen girls the most aggressively
>>
I don't know about selling out and all that, but I think you really hit the nail on the head when you said he's looking for validation from the most famous and talented. He is so interesting because he's at the top of the world as an A-list musician, and is insecurity seems to only grow. I guess South Park saw this right away now that I think of it
>>
you can't sell out if you were never anti-establishment in the first place
nirvana sold out
kanye west couldn't sell out even if he wanted to
>>
Kanye shows that there is a actually person behind the music and not just a human product. His music changes because it evolves just like people do through out their lives. You dont think the same today as you did around this time last year
>>
>>53589015
wolves is exactly the same as any song on yeezus, no progression
(which disappoints me because i like kanye)
>>
>>53588996
Beck
>plays like over a dozen instruments
>music spams different genres
>writes, produces, remixes etc...
>been around for 20+ years
>needs to respect artistry
>>
Is Kanye still relevant to the radio listeners?

I really don't know
>>
>>53589030
Yes
>>
>>53589007
This

And Kanye doesn't make music, he makes songs. Learn the difference
>>
>>53588954
kanye doesn't care about music anymore
its just an outlet for his fashion line

mbdtf was his last full attempt of making something great.

mind you he recorded the vocals of yeezus in like a week or something. barely spent anytime on it.

but kanye has always been like this. he is insecure but he is very talented and he works his ass off.

anybody in the music industry doesn't pay his rants any mind like beck did. because they know hes saying it out of fear.

people make a big deal out of him for nothing

tl:dr kanye is harmless
>>
>>53588954
He doesn't even know himself, he made a concept and forgot why he was doing it.
>>
Kanye West is an aborted Chapelle Show sketch circa 2004. Africans were enslaved, and their descendants' reparations generations later is to steal petty culture awards time from Taylor Swift and Beck, two of the whitest people ever. Beck's whole shtick, his entire fucking "genre-spanning" career is basically a funky white dude. Like a funky cracker. You get it? And Taylor Swift is like a white girl's dream diary.
>>
>>53589030
are radio listeners still relevant? who the fuck listens to the radio?
>>
Ye's a total sellout

even the sun realizes it, and only shines on Drake
>>
I think he's 90% and 10% music now, what can could be great if he wasn't so dumb, but i hope that he pick the right people to work with thim.
>>
>>53589114

A lot of people, actually.

You know, most of people listen to radio in their cellphones and stuff.
>>
To be a sellout you first need to stand for something. Kanye's never stood for anything, so he can't sell anything out. He's a poser.
>>
>>53588996
He wants to fuck Beyonce and figures white-knighting her will make her like him. Because he's socially inept.
>>
>>53588981
Oh please Ice Cube sold out too.
>>
>>53589251
Bitch where did I say he didn't?
Sit your ass down, Dre.
>>
jesus fuck did the phrase sell out lose all meaning?
>>
>>53589251
>>53589281
Also 23 Jump Street when?
>>
>>53588954
Yo has he been hitting the gym?
>>
>>53588954
He's ignorant, period.

Hes fairly talented but lives in his own bubble and is unable to see outside of it.

I recommend him 5 dried grams of psilocybin magic mushrooms and nature.
>>
>>53589251
Not really. He's doing empty formulaic shit, but he's mostly just run out of topics and anger. Dre never stood for anything either, so he can't sell out.
>>
>>53588954
lmao dude he was doing talk show appearances since he started his rap career

he fucking debuted hey mama on fucking oprah.

kanye isn't a sell out cuz he just does what he fucking wants.
>>
I always preferred that nigga Usher, he makes fun songs

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
YEAH
>>
>>53589114
sometimes when I can't make it to a sports game, I'll listen to it on the radio if I can't watch it on tv

radio is bloody useful
>>
>>53589402
...yeah

i feel old
>>
>>53589414
That's not music though.
>>
>>53589431
there's music on the other stations though, and sometimes i switch over during the breaks
>>
Why doesn't Kanye promote new artists and launch their careers like Drake does every year?

2011 - The Weeknd
2012 - Sampha
2013 - Majid Jordan, PartyNextDoor
2014 - iLoveMakonnen, Father
>>
>>53589311
Are the first two good movies?
>>
>>53589450
Kanye wants to be famous on his own drama, I mean merit. Drake just hopes the 'artists' he introduces will bounce more fame back to him.
>>
Kanye West suffers of Asperger's Syndrome. His main focus in life used to be music. Now he doesn't care, he's focused on fashion. In my opinion he's not a sellout, he's just very insecure about himself. Kanye, Gambino and Drake have all the same validation problem.
>>
>>53589450
Drake is such a good man when you think about it.
>>
>with the "moving" Grammy appearances
Kanye isn't a stranger to grammy performances (especially not "moving" ones with the 2008 Hey Mama performance)
>and the Ellen interview
He's always been a friend of Ellen's
>and the "ballad for my oh-so-cute-and-biracial child"
Making a song for your child is not selling out
>>
>>53589450
drake literatlly just copies them and becomes a better version of the people he promotes.

look at what he did to migos
>>
>>53589450
>Implying Drake aint promoting em just to milk more cash from new cows

If it wasnt for yeezy we wouldn't be listening to 2Chainz. Be happy.
>>
>>53589515
>Becomes a better version of them
What?
>Look at what he did to Migos

Versace ft. Drake is the most cringeworthy track of 2013.
>>
Did you not listen to "Wolves"? There's nothing there that's even close to pandering to lamestream America.
>>
>>53589471
His fashion line is laughably bad, and it only looks good on models.
>>
>>53589471
>Kanye, Gambino and Drake have all the same validation problem

This is so true it hurts
>>
>>53589466
They're okay. I mean it's "bro comedy"/"plebby". Nothing serious or deep, just light hearted silly humour.
It's worth a watch though if you have the time. If you didn't like the first one don't try the second one, although I preferred 22 to 21.
>>
>>53589544
>Only looks good on models

That's how high fashion stuff works. Stylists don't design their stuff thinking about fatfucks or your average everyday normal guy.
>>
>>53589450
Isn't Drake the guy who completely copied Big Sean's style years ago? And recently he did the same thing to Migos and that Makonnen guy.

And it's ironic because Drake's 100 times bigger than Big Sean will ever be, yet Big Sean should get all the credit.
>>
>>53589539

drake literally coped migos flow of rapping
>>
>>53589576
Also, on that Big Sean song "Blessed", Drake totally jacks Young Thug's style on the hook.
>>
>>53589576
Big Sean will always be viewed more highly/seriously/professional than Drake. That is his comeuppance.
>>
>>53589574
I've always found that strange but I guess Kayne really does need that validation attribute bonus.
>>
>try to make a thread about actual artists, for example a thread about taku unami's latest album
>2-5 replies tops
>someone makes a kanye west or a kpop thread
>520 replies no matter how retarded the OP is

epic
>>
>>53589591
That hook sounds closer to Makonnen's style than Thugger's
>>
>>53589604
No one knows who that is though
>>
>>53589576
lol big sean is a shitty singles rapper, drake is a real artist

makes records, makes mixtapes, does features with everyone, writes great lyrics, can sing and rap, is capable of writing serious and introspective lyrics, is a good person in general and respects his fans

big sean is none of those things and rightfully so
i cant name two of his good songs
>>
>>53589636
also forgot: promotes new artists and propels them to enormous fame
>>
>>53589602
>I've always found that strange

Why?
Who cares about fatfucks, most of the time they have an awful fashion sense, and average guys don't even care about fashion
>>
File: andystott02.jpg (108KB, 455x455px) Image search: [Google]
andystott02.jpg
108KB, 455x455px
>>53589636

>mfw
calm down m8 stop hating on big sean
>>
>>53589702
his flow is fucking garbage, his voice is grating, his adlibs are incessantly annoying, and his lyrics are far cornier then Kanye's could ever hope to be.
>>
>>53589588
Yeah he copied it but he didn't make it any better.
Also, any other flow on Versace would have sucked.
>>
>>53589594
>Big Sean
>Serious
>Professional

Big Sean is literally parody rap tier. Explain me how Big Sean can be considered better even if Drake ripped him off.
>>
>>53589636
>helps Kanye write the majority of Graduation at the tender age of only 19
>completely changes the rap game by inventing a flow never heard before https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRQJy4W9fiI
>such an innovator that everyone including Drake has been biting his flow
>saves Cruel Summer from being a complete disaster
>renegades Drake every time he's a featured artist on Drake's track
>somehow still extremely unappreciated or dismissed as a joke rapper

I don't get it? Why don't you like Big Sean, /mu/?

He's better than Drake and the rest of them. Why would anyone listen to, let's say, Migos instead of Big Sean? His punchlines are way more witty and clever and the quality of his music is infinitely better and he's a much better MC, with an insane flow.

And this isn't the case with /mu/ only, I've noticed that many other internet communities don't like Big Sean. For some reason KTT always makes fun of him. Same with some people I know in real life, they just see Big Sean as a complete joke.

I mean, hell, there's more Ariana Grande discussion on /mu/ than about this man. And the majority of /mu/ loves Kanye, so why no love for Big Sean?
>>
>>53588996
Kanye took what he said back. He didn't really apologize, but he took it back.

I've sort of had a realization about Kanye. Having no filter - and really no cognitive processing mediating his first thoughts and his words and actions - might be the key to his artistic "genius." He relies solely on his intuition, which I think has worked wonderfully in hip-hop, but being a celebrity and running in those circles has disoriented him and created these conflicting forces that have plagued him for a while.
>>
>>53589341
This
>>
>>53589780
because big sean doesn't have anything edgy going on about him

no gimmicks at all

people only discuss kanye because of his gimmicks that attract negative attention

we live off hate
>>
>>53588996
>>53589025
Becks new album was shit. It was uninspired and uninteresting. I've listened to it 3 times in the past week, and I still cannot remember a single part of the album that actually sounded interesting or unique.

Also,
>implying being able to play a lot of instruments decently means youre a good artist
>implying spanning several different sub genres of folk and alt-buttrock and white boy hip hop constitutes being considered to spans multiple genres
>implying music necessarily gets better with age
>implying Kanye hasn't been around for almost 15 years
>implying Kanye West doesn't write, produce, or do remixes
>>
>>53589450
ilovemakonnen has only gotten worse since drake
father has quite literally no musical connection to drake
sampha was more active BEFORE he was on nwts and has been effectively MIA ever since

>weaknd
>majid jordan
>povertynextdoor
absolutely terrible
>>
>>53589901
>povertynextdoor
fuck off you fucking retard

go back to kanyetothe, suck my dick retard
>>
>>53589780
you've gotta be big sean
or at least an unpaid def jam intern
>>
>>53589921
>gotta be big sean
>stupid nigger
>knowing how to use an imageboard
lel
>>
>>53589913
>this is your average ovo fan
>>
>>53589913
partynextdoor is trash

sounds like some guy at the strip club who decided to drink a ton of lean and smoke some weed and press record

drake works with these guys learns from them and steals all their shit. and leaves them dry

the weeknd is shit now
majid is shit now

sampha was doing better stuff with sbtrkt then his shit with drake

its a smart move no doubt
>>
>>53589945
exactly, now he's eyeing uk grime as the next scene to leech off of
>>
>>53589877
it isn't about Beck vs Kanye's artistry, it's Beck vs Beyonce
>>
>Cash Money
>Roc-A-Fella
>GOOD Music
Why the fuck anyone would touch any of these is beyond my wildest imagination.
>>
>>53589994
>>53589945
retards
>>
>>53590064
prove me wrong

owait you can't :)
>>
>>53590077
you don't like partynextdoor because hes a singer that didnt conform to that soft shit like they expect rnb dudes to do. He's still just a nigga at the end of the day and doesnt care about that soft garbage
>>
>>53589877
>trying this fucking hard to justify what Kanye said
I mean I think some of Kanye's music is great, but you can't seriously defend him coming out with bullshit like that
>>
>>53590124
How is having relationships with strippers "hard shit"

I think its funny when you guys like hearing rappers/singers brag about spending money on women to have sex with them

lmao
>>
>>53590204
>"Beck is one of the most respected artists in the game and respects artistry. But I felt — and this is my opinion and he's his own man and he's not wrong and we'll still go play basketball and stuff unless he doesn't want to do it — but I felt that even though the Grammys sometimes gives awards to people who you wouldn't think should win in the category, as a respect to artists, we mention the other artist's name in our speech. That was the point I was making about it."
>>
selling out is just a word hipsters use when someone starts making a lot of money
>>
kanyes one of the few musicians where i actually believe he cares a shit ton about what he makes and releases.

that shits incredible, even if he has a subpar rapping voice and flow, just the effort and passion is above many other "better" rappers.

if you hate kanye, you hate yourself.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.