[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do you make music? do any of you believe you will make it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_my4zv5vP8F1ru9fhso1_400.jpg (50KB, 393x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_my4zv5vP8F1ru9fhso1_400.jpg
50KB, 393x600px
why do you make music? do any of you believe you will make it
>>
Because it's fun.

I don't think I will ever make it at least in the sense that I could live on the music I make because I don't live in a big country, but that's not important.
>>
I would never want to be famous or "make it". I'd honestly have an identity crisis or mental breakdown if that were to happen. Plus there's an absurd amount of pandering that comes with that opportunity and I'd rather do my own thing.

Playing shows and selling cassettes is enough self-validation for me. If I were to get signed to a decently sized independent label that'd be okay too.
>>
It's fun. I think it's good to have a creative hobby too, I don't ever post anything I make though.
>>
If you put too much focus on making it you are sure to fail before you begin.
>>
>>53519522
i make music to listen to in my car.
also its fun getting drunk and making shit.
and i guess since ive developed a small fanbase i now have to make music for other people
>>
>>53519723
>>53519603
>>53519560
link to your stuff?
>>
>>53519611
i used to be like you, then i started posting just to see if i was good or just delusional, turns out people like me, i never promote it tho. good music promotes its self
>>
>>53519522
artistic expression is not about making money and getting famous for me
>>
>>53519685
this so many fucking times
>>
>>53519758
http://dories.bandcamp.com/album/stripped
>>
https://soundcloud.com/airbornmartin

Its fun
I make money
I meditate like this
Youre under control mane
I am the matrix
I can ssee the sound and bend it the way I want to.

I release an album and 2 eps in 2 weeks because I make 3 4 tracks a day.

whasemane
>>
i used to play the guitar on this band back in highschool, but since then i havent worked on anything else
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk
>>
I think I could maybe, but I need more equipment and a place I can live in without distractions, so maybe by the time I'm like 24.

I make music because it's fun to make sounds and satisfying listening to your own sounds you conjured up.
>>
>>53519825
people don't buy your trash
>>
>>53519875
hahahaha
your tears are delicious
>>
it's one of the ways i give my stupid little life some purpose.

i dont think ill ever be able to make a living off of original music, but i think it's good enough tbh if it were in the right hands.
>>
>>53519764
That's how I feel. Sometimes I feel like the stuff I make is worthy of posting online but I'm not really looking to gain a following or anything. I do it mainly for myself.
>>
>>53519911
give me your music man
https://airbornmartin.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>53519959
if you work so hard on something you might as well share it with others, your life could change, you never know until you try
>>
damn this post cut a nigga deep. want to make a living off of my music, because fuck work and college, but damn I hope I make it;_;
>>
>>53520002
Eliminate that desire and create with sincerity and intent.
>>
>>53519758
https://soundcloud.com/cocaine_da_rapper

ive been rappin since 16, tryna get a deal
>>
File: le sad frog meme.jpg (65KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
le sad frog meme.jpg
65KB, 563x542px
>>53519905
XD man, you're a hack.
>>
>>53519995
stop spamming your shit
>>
>>53520000
That's true man.

Nice quads.
>>
capitalism sucks, such a dreams maker and crusher

WHY DO YOU EAT YOUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS, CHRONOS?

WHY DO YOU ALLOW ME TO DREAM EVEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS RUSH STREAM THAT IS LIFE?
>>
>>53520021
nah m8 I don't want to be like mau5 skrill or whatever just want to be able to support myself. I feel as if I do create with sincerity. i work on my music all the time.
>>
>do any of you believe you will make it
Make what? Music?
>>
>>53520063
>capitalism sucks

(literal) pleb detected
>>
>>53520084
just keep doing it because you enjoy it, theres nothing wrong with wanting to make a living off of music, just look at all these rappers "making it"
theyre the most materialistic people ive ever laid eyes on
>>
>>53520094
make it to a point where you can travel the world/ your country and live off of show money is what he means
>>
>>53520030
>cocaine_da_rapper
lol are you serious
>>
>>53520175
I do enjoy it (it's all I'm really good at) not really materialistic myself although it would be nice to have a few toys I'm a simple man. pls sign me
>>
>>53519830
I knew what that link was before I even clicked. That's how much this meme is used.
>>
File: taxi_driver_de_niro_foster.jpg (30KB, 605x325px) Image search: [Google]
taxi_driver_de_niro_foster.jpg
30KB, 605x325px
>>53520330
>how do you want to make it mister?
>>
>>53520242
yea, what you think homes?
>>
Yeah. I'm going to make it. People will listen and love my music. Y'all bitches. You know you think you are going to make it. Why be falsely modest on this shithole.
>>
It's fun, and feels like a productive use of my time.

I've got a few industry contacts, and every time I finish a track, I do tell myself 'I reckon the next one might be good enough to show him'. Never happens though.
>>
>>53520463
https://soundcloud.com/cocaine_da_rapper

can you tell me if i have a chance to make it
>>
>>53519522
I make it because I can't just dump the things that come up from my mind.

Make it? Pff, nah, I suck major dick both as a performer and as a songwriter, not likely to happen. That dream brings more pain than motivation.
>>
>>53519819

Dude this is sick, kind of reminds me of Women but not recorded on a ghettoblaster

Downloaded
>>
>>53520131

capitalism has some good results like the comfy life we live, but its also opens doors for BS if you arent careful
>>
File: 1422643890364.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1422643890364.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>Capitalist sympathizers
>>
>>53519522
Anybody ever feel like there's a growing difference between being a 'musician' and being a 'performer'? Like, I can sit down and write a song as good as anything on the radio - have a nice singing voice, unique playing style (on multiple instruments), spend a lot of time thinking of ways to tweak songs and add little songwriting tropes where appropriate, and have a group of equally talented band members. But none of us have any desire to ever perform our music for anyone, nor do we have it in us to actually practice our songs ad naseum so as to have a consistent way of playing them every time. For example, our lead guitar player has like 5-10 different melodies for every song and refuses to play them the same way twice.

But, we are totally into recording/producing and don't mind sharing our recordings.

Is this a new thing? Are there any interesting artists that mysteriously release songs but never play shows, or do people never fully buy into an artist unless they're also 'performers'?
>>
>>53521997
No it's not a new thing. Being a songwriter and being a performer are different skill sets.
>>
>>53522028
it's not even that I'm a poor performer. I don't succumb to pressure, was the lead in high school drama productions on several occasions (LOL)... I just don't enjoy it. At all. I don't get off on applause. I don't want to be stared at on stage.

I want my music to speak for itself. I just want people to listen to our stuff with their headphones in and create moments in time through song.
>>
>>53522158
I get this man. I really do. Not all artists have a god complex. But, I'd suggest just sucking it up. If people really like your music, give it to them. Sure you're the one up there, but it's the music they're there to hear.
>>
>>53521997
I get this really bad. Although tbh I feel I used to be better as a performer but annoyingly I used to be more confident in my song writting which was pretty mediocre.

Its not really something new tbh. There used to be shit ton of songwriters and producers who used to write for musicians to perform on their songs. Like in the 60s and before it happened loads. Its only recently that people have this idea that either the performer must express their own inner workings because they are so deep and special etc.

If you enjoy making your stuff do it. Also writing material for other people is something that needs to become decent again. Big label song writers are lazy shits these days.
>>
>>53519560
>>53519603
>>53519685
>>53519784
>>53519791
You guys are the coolest I've seen on /ยต/ in ages. good for you. Why do you think we make music anyway?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.