[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody else here think Kanye seems like a pretty nice person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 6

File: kanye-west.png (324KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west.png
324KB, 500x656px
Does anybody else here think Kanye seems like a pretty nice person? I mean, yeah, he doesn't seem to always think before he speaks, but even at the infamous thing where he stole the microphone from Taylor Swift, he went out of his way to tell her he was happy for her, and he later apologized (after Bush was out of office) for his comments about George Bush not caring about black people, saying basically that he didn't have the right to assume Bush was racist just because he thought he was making bad decisions.

Some of his music is also pretty inspirational (Touch the Sky comes to mind), and while he says arrogant things, they're generally of the "I'm awesome" sort, not the "I'm great and everyone else sucks" kind. That is, he's not putting other people down to make himself look better. He's just affirming his own worth in a way that sometimes comes off as a bit over the top.

Anybody have any examples of Kanye West actually being straight up malicious? Or any examples of him being a pretty cool guy?
>>
hes just so fucking bad
>>
He's a self-important dickhead, what do you mean nice guy?
>>
>>53458035
He's kind of arrogant, sure. When have you ever seen him be willfully mean, though? Being cocky is one thing. There are artists who are straight up assholes. I'm just curious why it is that he gets so much more hate for his ego than others do when he seems to be pretty friendly and personable.
>>
Why make this thread? The answer is obviously yes. Have you even been on the internet before?
>>
I don't understand why people think he's an asshole in the first place.
The VMA thing is pretty much the only example of him acting like a douche.
>>
>>53458241
I see "he's an arrogant asshole and his music sucks" and I've seen "he's a genius," but no, I've never seen anyone defend him in any capacity other than his music.
Well, now this person: >>53458318

>>53458318
That's what I'm saying.
>>
Kanye West is the mang0 of Hip Hop
>>
>>53457957
>Kanye
>nice person
pick one
>>
>>53457957
i think he's hilarious, too bad his music is mostly shit
>>
>>53458408
You say that, but again, I asked for examples of him being willfully mean, and no one has posted any. I think they don't exist and the worst that can be said is that sometimes he's thoughtless.
>>
BECK I'M HAPPY FOR YA AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT BEYONCE HAD THE BEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME
>>
He actually seems really happy lately, like that video yesterday where he let a fan show him a freestyle and then got his contact info. I think being a dad has made him a better person.
>>
nope
literally narcissus 2.0
>>
>>53458509
>Kanye West believes in himself and I don't like that
>>
File: 1413688563991.png (474KB, 526x567px) Image search: [Google]
1413688563991.png
474KB, 526x567px
He's a complete asshole with major Napoleon complex issues.
>>
>>53458509
>narcissus
>>
>>53458572
see
>>53458448

There are no examples. Your opinion is based on hearing other people say he's arrogant.
>>
>>53458478
that's how kid cudi got signed though.... prolly always been like this. the media just paints a picture.
>>
>>53458607
i love kanye but there are lots of examples. this a famous one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoWsexwc4d4
>>
Lots of people who have met him say he's the nicest guy.

I honestly just think he is somewhere on the autism spectrum and has a difficult time articulating his thoughts. 99% of the time when he says something retarded you can easily see what he's trying to say, he just words it so terribly. Autism honestly explains a lot of his weirder behavior.
>>
>>53458133
It's cause he's a nigger.
>>
>>53458378
ayy lmao
>>
>>53458679
I don't think it's autism. I think he's very good at expressing some things and very bad at explaining others, and when he feels like he's not able to express himself well, he becomes frustrated.
>>
>>53458679

This.

It's also important to note he has some deep seated issues, like half the Western world hating him, and paying for/recommending surgery which killed his mother.
>>
>>53458702
So it's just a racism thing?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-PfivL3erw
Watch this then tell me he isn't one of the smartest people in pop culture
Pro-tip: you can't
>>
He's a great person and the most important artist of our generation
>>
>>53458740
I admire him and he inspires me to work hard and makes me feel better about myself than I used to.
>>
File: 1421035740242.jpg (34KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
1421035740242.jpg
34KB, 800x530px
>>53457957

dumbest and least self aware motherfucker in the music world

fan base of complete autists who fall over themselves to by his shitty music and products

will be completely forgotten in 25 years
>>
>>53458760
Kanye been visiting the psychiatrist recently it seems. Much more calm now. Not sure which Kanye I like better...
>>
Why are people so insecure that they interpret someones own self confidence as arrogance?
>>
>>53458679
I honestly think it's aspergers, they're not exactly autistic but really close..they have issue expressing themselves but not like people with autism do. I really admire his drive and confidence though, I wish I had that..
>>
>>53458796
>least self aware motherfucker in the music world
Even if you don't like him, you have to admit he's pretty self aware.
It's pretty clear in his lyrics.
>>
>>53458796

*buy

and yes he's most certainly autistic too
>>
>>53458796
Watch this whole video: >>53458760
>>
>>53457957

I think Kanye is funny, and is nice to the people who he knows

but without the right scenario I dont think he would be cool to anyone here if hes just going about his day normally.
>>
>>53458721
>and when he feels like he's not able to express himself well, he becomes frustrated

I guess this is a trait I've associated with autism because that's what I was getting at. When another person is not getting something or he's struggling with how to say how he's feeling, he loses his shit.
>>
>>53458834

>confusing self confidence with Napoleon complex

Kanye has ZERO confidence.........which is why he takes an absolute shit-fit when people take photos of him.

The whole crux of Napoleon complex is projected fake self-confidence as a deflection method.

Kanye exhibits all the signs.
>>
I want to hug him.
>>
>>53458962
>an absolute shit-fit when people take photos of him.
>thinking paparazi are people
>>
>>53458721
>when he feels like he's not able to express himself well, he becomes frustrated

autism
>>
>>53458992
Yeah, except he seems to be a lot better about it now than he was even a year ago. I don't know if you know this, but not all social difficulties stem from autism. It's probably more of a purely cognitive thing that comes from past experience, which is why seeing a therapist is helping.
>>
>>53458962
>>53458989
He's also actually pretty nice to these paparazzi here even after they're rude to him while he's on the phone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHSP8KuTa7U
>>
>>53458962
yeah, and he just won a fucking grammy and has enough money to pay for generations of your family to go to college..u mad
>>
imo he's a really creative person who just wants to make his music but hates the actual being famous part. I'm specifically thinking of that video of him telling the paparazzi to shut the fuck up and those assholes who were bothering him at the superbowl. Everyone gets upset when celebrities act like any other person would if some rando came up and bothered you every time you stop out of your house.
>>
I met him irl once. Talking for 15 minutes. He seemed genuinely interested in the shit I was slinging.
>>
If he was a nice person he wouldn't have said that shit to begin with.
>>
He's funny but his music and talent are overrated
>>
>>53458962
>interpreting that as a lack of confidence
Maybe he just wants privacy? Also he was never so hostile towards the paparazi until he got vilified by the media
>>
>>53459490
Seems like he thought he was doing something positive at the time.
>>
>>53459490
Said what? The Taylor Swift thing?
He was drunk off his ass.
>>
>>53458834
>genuinely believes himself to be a musical genius
>genuinely believes everything he's ever done is totally new and groundbreaking despite relying on shit that was passe five years ago
>>
>OP asks for proof of Ye being actually malicious
>only one piece of evidence
>>
I've never thought he was a mean dude. He's got a shorter temper than average, but overall, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. And the more you hear stories of Kanye behind the camera, you can see it to be true
>>
File: 1375513365201.jpg (95KB, 389x603px) Image search: [Google]
1375513365201.jpg
95KB, 389x603px
>>53458133
>He's kind of arrogant, sure. When have you ever seen him be willfully mean, though? Being cocky is one thing. There are artists who are straight up assholes. I'm just curious why it is that he gets so much more hate for his ego than others do when he seems to be pretty friendly and personable.

Except those that do are also lambasted. Don't act like Kanye is a snowflake, since he's not. He's just the most popular douche right now. To claim you're a genius, that you should be in the bible, flipping out on one of hip-hop's biggest radio hosts, stopping a show because crippled people can't stand, and when people wrote satirical articles about him doing shitty stuff many people BELIEVED IT. It wasn't for no reason.

You keep saying "WELL WHERE'S THE WILLFUL???????" The thing is that he doesn't have too WILLFULLY do something shitty. He has a shit personality that many are averse too, and, probably most importantly, when he DOES do/say stupid shit he never apologizes for it.

This doesn't take into account also how he over inflates his accomplishments and doesn't let that shit come naturally. If he's going to be remembered, he will; but, be certain that his attempts at forcefully asserting himself as a great doesn't make him one nor will it help him on his journey.
>>
>>53457957
He's nice in the sort of way that pushy obnoxious salesmen are nice.
>>
He's always seemed like a pretty cool dude to me. The only probably is he's got a short temper and some substance abuse problems, alcohol and coke is my guess. Although I haven't seen any of that side of him for a while.
>>
Kanye isn't autistic, I think he has a very mild form of Asperger's that has gone undiagnosed. And I can understand why.

>implying you would be the one to diagnose Kanye fucking West with Asperger's
>>
>>53459962
>that you should be in the bible
There are ton of characters in the bible that aren't too important
>stopping a show because crippled people can't stand
A simple mistake that was blown out of proportion
>when people wrote satirical articles about him doing shitty stuff many people BELIEVED IT.
That's the fault of the public being idiots. Not Kanye.
>>
>>53459962
>To claim you're a genius, that you should be in the bible,

Arrogant sure but not "mean/malicious"

>flipping out on one of hip-hop's biggest radio hosts

True it's a dick thing.

>stopping a show because crippled people can't stand

Congrats on falling for clickbait
>>
He made MBDTF, he can be whatever he wants
>>
>>53460000
Ohh those quads
>>
>>53460040
>Gorgeous
>So Appalled
>Monster
>Blame Game

album is an 8/10 at best
>>
>>53460040
>MBDTF
>that good

7/10

haha
>>
>>53459962
The wheelchair incident was blown way out of proportion.
>>
File: fN6sbTA.png (993KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
fN6sbTA.png
993KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>53460156
Is this true?
>>
>>53460191
As far as I know, yes.
>>
>>53460030
>There are ton of characters in the bible that aren't too important

That doesn't mean anything and doesn't rebut the claim that Kanye, himself, claimed he was important enough to be put inside one of the most influential books in human history.

>A simple mistake that was blown out of proportion

That's fine. So why not apologize? Does he think he's above that?

>That's the fault of the public being idiots. Not Kanye.

Although true, that doesn't take away from the fact that people believed it because of his prior actions and discourse. It's the last part that should raise red flags.

>>53460032

>Arrogant sure but not "mean/malicious"

That's fine. It still makes him an asshat.

>True it's a dick thing.

I agree.

>Congrats on falling for clickbait

It wasn't clickbait. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De_1VKqNoLg

The clickbait was when he dunked on some cripples in basketball.

>>53460090
>The wheelchair incident was blown way out of proportion.

So why not apologize? It was an honest mistake, so why not see it for what it was and admit you made a mistake? Is it because he doesn't think he made one?
>>
>>53459836
Well he did innovate the use of soul samples in rap and completely changed the musical landscape of hip hop with his debut album. Then innovated orchestral arrangements in hip hop. Then pushed the boundaries of pop in hip hop. Then did that again, but a step further. Then took a culmination of everthing he had done up to that point to create the most maximalist hip hop record ever. Then wiped his slate clean and brought minimalsm and industrial sounds to the forefont.

As for the autotune thing, people have been using auto tune nonstop for years, including every drill and trap artist, which is extremely popular. Its not passe.
>>
>>53460156
Yes, and it happened before the wheelchair incident as well
>>
>>53460216
>That's fine. So why not apologize? Does he think he's above that?
He already stopped the show for 40 seconds. He probably just wanted to get on with the performance already.
Even if he could have, it doesn't make him a douchebag. It was small as fuck and should've been forgotten about already.
>>
>>53460220
>Well he did innovate the use of soul samples in rap and completely changed the musical landscape of hip hop with his debut album.

I'll give you that.

>Then innovated orchestral arrangements in hip hop.

No he didn't. Hip-hop has historically taken bits and pieces from every genre since its inception.

>Then pushed the boundaries of pop in hip hop.
What? Please elaborate, because by the time Kanye was out Rap was pretty mainstream.

>Then did that again, but a step further. Then took a culmination of everthing he had done up to that point to create the most maximalist hip hop record ever.

Examples?

>Then wiped his slate clean and brought minimalsm and industrial sounds to the forefont.

When was this? Yeezus had some technically complex beats, assuming you're referring to that.
>>
>>53460216
He should've apologized, but because he didn't doesn't make him a bad guy at all. Once he knew he was actually in a wheelchair he carried straight back on with the show (side note: that DJ had pretty nice timing there)
>>
>>53460216
>is he in a wheelchair?
>oh okay it's all good

He didn't know they were disabled until the audience told him. You're acting as if he knew they were disabled man.
He does stupid shit and apologizes when he crosses the line. I don't know celebrities are held to a higher standard and if they fuck up they're marked as a shitty person
>>
>>53460220
>innovate the use of soul samples
donuts, or: sampling 101
>orchestral arrangements
Sampling 101
>everything else you just wrote
meaningless drivel basically saying he has the marketing and leverage to make things popular because of his connections/popularity
>minimalism and industrial sounds
DEAT GROP
>to the forefront
refer to 2 points above

jesus fuck kanye dicksuckers are the worst
>>
>>53457957
I think Kanye has aspergers.
>>
>>53459962
>flipping out on one of hip-hop's biggest radio hosts.
Yes Kanye went too far there, but you could see Kanye thought Sway took a stab at him by saying "Why not do it yourself?" If I were that passionate about something, I'd be pretty sensitive about that certain thing as well.
>>
I think the fact that he's mentioned every 5 goddamn seconds says something about the quality of this board
>>
>>53460460
You could filter him then
>>
>>53460276
>>53460345

>He should've apologized, but because he didn't doesn't make him a bad guy at all. Once he knew he was actually in a wheelchair he carried straight back on with the show (side note: that DJ had pretty nice timing there)
>He already stopped the show for 40 seconds. He probably just wanted to get on with the performance already. Even if he could have, it doesn't make him a douchebag.

Taking an additional second at the time, or speaking about it after the fact is totally acceptable. He could've even apologized AFTER he got flak, yet decided not to.

>It was small as fuck and should've been forgotten about already.

It should've been and it wouldn't have had it not been a culmination of many things over a period of time.

>>53460374
>He does stupid shit and apologizes when he crosses the line.

Except he doesn't. THAT is one of the core issues here.

>I don't know celebrities are held to a higher standard and if they fuck up they're marked as a shitty person

I agree, although many disagree and I emphasize with their arguments. Having that much power and influence he should at least try to right the wrongs of the past. Except he doesn't attempt to mend them, often times thinking he doesn't have to.
>>
>>53460498
And then he'd get people saying "Oh, he's only apologizing because he got blown up by the media." Kanye was in a no win situation, people would still hate him just as much either way.
>>
>>53460325
He was the first one to use live orchestral arrangements though. With Graduation, he created an ultra poppy sound eg. Stronger. Rap wasnt that clean even then. Then with 808s, he created an entire psuedo pop-rap album.

>when was this
Yeezus, listen to New Slaves or Black Skinhead
>>
>>53460388
>donuts
came out two years after CD
>sampling 101
Im talking about live artangments
>meaningless drivel
who else was writing songs as poppy as ye before him?
>DEAT GROP
Refers to forefront, he brought the sounds to the mainstream
>>
>>53460618
*arrangements
>>
>>53460445

>Yes Kanye went too far there, but you could see Kanye thought Sway took a stab at him by saying "Why not do it yourself?"

It's okay if he's upset by that. Except instead of apologizing and acknowledging the misunderstanding; leveling with Sway after he CONSTANTLY tries to reassure Kanye it was a misunderstanding is douchey. Kanye then solidifies this by screaming "YOU DON'T GOT THE ANSWERS SWAY" and continues to demean Sway claiming "WELL IT AIN'T RALPH DOE, IS IT RALPH THO?" During this entire debacle Sway is trying to calm Kanye down.

>>53460540
>And then he'd get people saying "Oh, he's only apologizing because he got blown up by the media." Kanye was in a no win situation, people would still hate him just as much either way.

I'm not sure that's true, since many of the news stories covering it were primarily upset by his lack of apology. Perhaps had he said an offhand "Lol my bad, guys" it would've never have gotten coverage in the first place?

>>53460556
>He was the first one to use live orchestral arrangements though.

So? I've never heard anyone, even looking up old reviews, praising this fact. It wasn't a significant breakthrough.

>>53460618
>who else was writing songs as poppy as ye before him?
Many artists. The issue here is that you're comparing Pop as we know it today to thirty-forty years ago. The Beatles were pop too.

>industrial pop toforefront

Far too early to tell. Yeezu has barely been out two years. Give it another ten years, we'll see.
>>
>>53460706
>many artists
Im talking about hip hop specifically
>>
>>53460706
>If he’s in a wheelchair, it’s fine.
>>
I'm fine with kanye but seriously fuck his wife, john legend and beyonce. I mean what the fuck do they just want fucking beyonce and kanye to win every grammy in every catagory?
>>
>>53460759
>Im talking about hip hop specifically

I know you are that's what I meant.

This just in: https://twitter.com/anaitiana/status/564654514138251266

Kanye is just digging himself a deeper hole.
>>
>Kanye will never sample this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EQOuJ0gDJk

idk, he just seems like he'd go perfect on this
>>
>>53460846
First of all im not sure what you're referring to. Secondly if you had a friend or brother nominated at the Grammys wouldnt you want them to win everything?
>>
>>53457957
It is possible to be a nice person, who gets pissed off really easily
>>
>>53460862
What rapper was making music as poppy as kanye before him?
>>
>>53460891
yeah, but they're being racist dickheads about it, that picture disgusts me.
>>
>>53460862
What he's saying is true. Not about the Beyonce part, but about everything else. It needed to be said, and Kanye is the only person with that much popularity who's gutsy enough to actually say it.
>>
>>53460969
Actually, I take it back. Out of all those nominations, Beyonce should have taken the Grammy.
>>
>>53460875
I think id like if it more hip-hop artists sampled/drew inspiration from anime. I think its an interesting cross of ideas and textures and whatnot. I know Milo samples some Kiki's Delivery Service on his earlier releases but thats the only thing that comes to mind right now
>>
You might not think he deserves the hate he gets, but that does not make him a "pretty nice person." Apologizing for a douche move does not make someone a "pretty nice person."
>>
>>53461108
It's the examples of Kanye behind the scenes that make him sound like a pretty nice person
>>
>>53461108
People have given actual reasons why they think hes nice though
>>
>>53461108
Kanye West sending champagne to a random group of people having a bachelorette party in the same restaurant.

Kanye stopping and actually looking interested when a random stranger goes up to him rapping. Happened three times, one of them actually got signed

Kanye giving a guy in a wheelchair his mic after a concert (Happened before the other wheelchair incident)

Story on Reddit about the person who said Kanye walked up to him and had a conversation with him for a couple minutes in a designer store (Margiella?) He also had pictures to prove.

When cameras aren't on Kanye, he seems like he really is a genuine guy, but with a short fuse.
>>
>>53460875
someone with talent should make a mashup
>>
>>53461108
Kanye is never an asshole to people who treat him with respect. You can judge a man's character based on how he treats those "under" him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dplf7vSuhs&t=13
>>
>>53461244
I was talking to a guard at coachella, the one Kanye headlined. And I told him i was waiting front row for Kanye, and he told me that he met Kanye and was very nice. He said they both were making jokes and complaining that the only had diet cokes available backstage.
>>
>>53461244
kanye just spills spaghetti once in a while, hes not the most confident person, and he compensates by acting arrogant

how do you fuckwits not understand this? put yourself in his shoes, id like to see how you handle all the cameras and fame
>>
>>53461419
Why are you saying that to me? I agree
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.