[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is starting to go viral. I bet it will be huge in 2 day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 21

This is starting to go viral. I bet it will be huge in 2 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xe6nLVXEC0

What do you think? In referring to 'Don't Stay in School', the artists is not talking about students dropping out, but rather dropping required subjects that aren't practical, like math and science.

Do you agree? Thoughts?
>>
>murrica
>>
He looks like a big, huge tool.
>>
>math and science
>not practical
uwotm8
>>
File: ABSOLUTELY INSANE.png (135KB, 524x286px) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTELY INSANE.png
135KB, 524x286px
ABSOLUTELY INSANE
>>
>>53346758
just stick to art class kid, its for the best
>>
He should kill himself.
>>
>>53346725
this guy taught me how to use reason
>>
>>53346769
Did maths and science rape him as a kid?
>>
>>53346769
Hah, I spotted that quadratic formula from the thumbnail.
>>
>>53346725
Half the stuff he says they don't teach you was totally offered at my high school. The dumbasses like him just took philosophy and PE instead of economics or political science.

Also this is the same guy that made this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqODDLlMNJ0
"WAHHH BASIC MATH IS TOO HARD. But astrophysics is totally cool though right?"
Sorry, you can't just make a jump like that.
Also his music is shitty.
>>
>>53346769
That shit its difficult to him?
>>
>>53346758
Pretty much this. This is the type of kid who goes to a calculus class and goes all "hurr why are we learning this if we are never going to apply this in real life?"
It's called "learning to learn". Compare someone who has had several math or science classes with someone who has only a "practical" sense of life and you see what I mean.

And I don't know about the US but in my country we do have a class in which we are tough what are our human rights and what are our work rights and whatnot.
>>
>>53346725
>I was never taught how to vote
the urge to close that shit is big
>>
>durrr maths bad, science bad, we should all be shitty musicians who live off of youtube money and making generic gimmicky sounding shit music
>>
>>53346725
wow Britbong education is really shit if they never taught him all that shit
>>
>>53346838
>the type of kid

That's exactly what I think of when I see this. I think of that particular type of kid who will bitch and complain that he's never going to use this in life. Every high schooler does this. Hell, I did this too. However, some people grow up, and others don't.

It's just being called immature, and that's what this guy is. Calling for schools to just appeal to the lowest common denominator is the worst idea.

Many school systems are not without problems though. In my country ( the US ), far too much emphasis is placed on short term learning in preparation for a standardized test, only for that information to be trashed once it's over.
>>
>>53346734
>murrica

He's english and was raised in Saudi Arabia
>>
He brings up good points but it's undermined by his thinking that learning math/science/literature isn't important
>>
>this whole thread
>>
Just another asshole with an agenda.
>>
File: sfds.png (88KB, 360x440px) Image search: [Google]
sfds.png
88KB, 360x440px
>>53346769
>>
>>53346975
I'M SENDIN' YOU BACK TO CON COLLEGE RICKY
>>
>>53346996
i keked
>>
>>53346965
Pretty much this
>>
Looks like he's trying to make some fair points about the flaws of public education but ends up coming across as somebody who was interested in other things but too lazy to seek out the knowledge himself and instead needs a teacher to do it for him.
>>
ABBBBSSOOOOLLUUTTEELLYYEYY IINNSSSSAAAANNNNEEEE
>>
This is shit everyone was thinking when they were 14 years old.
This guy is mentally behind I don't know how many years.
What a fucking retard.
>>
File: m120b-cover.jpg (23KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
m120b-cover.jpg
23KB, 504x504px
>>53346996
>>
>>53347026
Maybe he's channeling his inner 14 year old to get that sweet youtube money. See: Pewdiepie.

Or maybe he's just retarded
>>
>>53346996
i really really like this picture
>>
The same guy did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBgQPSUTWVM
>>
>>53346992
everybody is an asshole and everybody has an agenda
>>
I feel like 2/3rds of the people in thread missed the point
>>
>>53346725
Everything in life is math and science.
>>
Oh my fuck I used to be a member of his retard-party forum a few years ago. I can't believe he is still trying so hard to be important. His forum totally died out because he stopped caring about the community, the only group of people who found him entertaining.
>>
>>53347051
Wait, what the fuck?
>>
>>53347061
Well, why don't you explain to the class then Mr. Know-it-all?
>>
He is such a desperate sounding little faggot, and is whining about something completely retarded. He just looks like the biggest dork too. People need to stop trying to start up all these ridiculous fucking hashtags like they're going to change the world. They aren't and you know they aren't and you don't even care, you're just a loser who's trying to be relevant.
>>
>>53347051
nah, they're fucking around, there's no way this is serious
>>
>>53346835
watch the video, triptard
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZZHUFaysW8
the guy he collab'd with did songs with scene artists back in the day
>>
>>53347133
YOU'LL FIND YOUR WAY
TO PHI
TO PHI
TO PHI
>>
ITT: People not making any counter arguments, and just name calling like petty babies.

If he's such a fucking douche bag, how about you explain how he's wrong?
>>
>>53347051
>you'll find the way to phi to phi to phi
I cringed so bad, ugh. I really like Numberphile but they dropped the ball there
>>
>>53347167
>explain how he's wrong
People already have, several times. Read the thread.
>>
>>53346835
not difficult
INSANE
>>
>>53347187
ABSOLUTELY
INSAAANEE
>>
>>53347167
because education is just that since the dawn of time and it works, and if he doesn't get nothing out of it, I do. People payed their lives just to learn those things we now consume for free and i'm not convinced by an angry kid in his teens that this system is wrong, sorry.
>>
>>53347186
No. Not a single person has.
>>
>>53347215
also, if you like to learn the things he said we ''should'' you can always just check it in your ''calculator you have with you at all times'' yaknow
>>
>>53346740
most of his videos are pretty interesting actually
>>
>>53347228
Then you are ABSOLUTELY INSANE
>>
>>53347167
>>53347259
powergirl900 pls go
>>
youre not taught how to drive cars at school either, but you eventually learn how to, dont you?
>>
>>53347228
1. School system is basically made for you to determine what you want to do in life.
2. If you complain like the dude in OP's vid you basically missed the point where you self-educate yourself half the fucking time because life doesn't bring everything to you in a platter.

However, the dude in OP's video might be doing this all for a show just to get money on merch and ads from people who are actually dumb enough to support the message in his video.
>>
>>53347283
I didn't.
>>
TFW Boyinaband is actually a fantastic drum and bass producer. Also this guy has a pretty hardcore education and could go for any job if he wanted to. It's his opinion so leave it.

Also check out his stuff with Veela.
>>
>>53347283
what you're saying is ABSOLUTELY INSANE
>>
>>53347215
>we always did it so it must be right
im not disagreeing with your point of view but this is retarded
>>
>>53347300
shill pls
>>
>>53347215
I think he's late twenties early thirties.
>>
File: ABSOLUTELYINSANE.png (477KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTELYINSANE.png
477KB, 600x450px
>>53347200
>>
>>53346725
ariel pink?
>>
>>53347300
>fantastic drum and bass producer.
He's not really
>hardcore education
Yeah he was educated in dubai or some shit
>>
>>53347299
it was a generalisation
>>
>>53347295
ye
>>
>>53347300
>It's his opinion so leave it.
i would leave it if he didn't make a big youtube video out of it.
>fantastic drum and bass producer
kek
>could go for any job if he wanted to
i'm sure, that's why he settles for youtube fame.
>Also check out his stuff with Veela.
no
>>
i'd be the first to recommend anybody to drop out of school but that was awful.
>>
>>53347313
i implied
>we always did it AND IT WORKS so it must be right
>>
>>53347300
>It's his opinion so leave it.
it's just as if he was not starting a campaign for forcing his opinion to everyone
>>
>>53347326
i think i couldnt care less, hes acting 13 afaik
>>
>>53346725
>shit flow
>shit production
>immortal technique jr
I'll pass
>>
26 genres
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3GhDWMb_3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ZatuoalP0
>>
>>53347408
stop fishing for views ffs
>>
>>53347360
>i would leave it if he didn't make a big youtube video out of it.

Making a YouTube video about his opinion on the education system because he has a YouTube channel and is utilizing his channel. Mmkay.

>I'm sure, that's why he settles for youtube fame.

He's a music producer and is doing collabs constantly. Of course that's his source of income retard.
>>
>>53347405
I'll admit the flow is... Eh
>>
>>53347426
not same guy, but what are you doing in /mu/, like seriously?
>>
>>53347300
Pls leave
>>
what an idiot. without math and science he'd be dead from ebola. and you learn about finance if you take business courses in college, lol fag.
>>
>>53347450
Point?
>>
>>53347505
>>
what do /pol/ think of this?
>>
>>53347426
>He's a music producer and is doing collabs constantly. Of course that's his source of income retard.

>music producer
>of course that's his only source of income

>someone who produces music can only make money on youtube.

holy fuck I am so mad. I don't even produce my own stuff but jesus I am angry
>>
>>53347547
probably that moot is a SJW and a cuck
>>
>>53347547
The jews did this
>>
>>53347426
>>53347300
>>53347408
pls leave boyinaband
>>
>>53347426
>Making a YouTube video about his opinion on the education system because he has a YouTube channel and is utilizing his channel. Mmkay.
yes
>He's a music producer and is doing collabs constantly. Of course that's his source of income retard.
collabs with other talentless youtube celebs, who might as well be starring in reality shows on MTV.
of course that's what you want to be doing as a respectable musician and human being, producing generic shit on youtube.
but oh, if he just wanted to he could be sitting in a real studio, producing real music, with other real artists.
>>
>>53347572
Reword: Not his only source of income. His /main/ source if income.

Don't think he does live shows.
>>
Here's his trance metal band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZA5TGvTAxM
>>
>>53347405
>>53347443
Wait...he was actually rapping? Dude was just saying words fast
>>
>>53347408
> emo
I'm pissed now

>noise
>industrial
>fucking krautrock

fuck that guy
>>
>>53346725
im not watching this.
i refuse to post any more than this in any thread current or future related to this subject matter. you should cease posting about this also.
>>
>>53347621
If someones primarily a music producer they should rely on the merits of their music to make money.
He relies on his videos and gimmicks, he is an entertainer primarily, not a producer.
>>
>>53347622
in no way this is metal
>>
>>53347667
Well then, electro rock or whatever
>>
>>53347609
We'd be getting into genres here so I'm not going to argue that point.

My point being is that this guy's entitled to his own opinion. Most people on YouTube are retards looking for fame regardless of what the message is. If this guy is using YouTube as an outlet for his opinion then who the hell cares? How does it affect you? It's like if someone says Death Grips or Aohex Twin sucks, are you really going to let that affect you?

Seriously. Who cares. WHO CAAAARES!?
>>
thank god it's going to be popular to hate boyinaband soon.
>>
>>53347693
Aphex Twin
>>
>>53347591
>>53347408
>implying I call brostep as dubstep
>imlying I think those names are genres
k-pop
grunge
latin
Viking Metal
glam rock
Lounge
Muzak
>>
>>53347693
HE IS STARTING A FUCKING CAMPAIGN THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM LAYS WTF
>>
>>53347714
also forgot to say that his emo part is wrong
>>
>>53347664
You are retarded if you think someone can live a life as a music producer based just on sales.
>>
>>53347690
>electro rock
Wait, there are actually musicians mixing electro with rock?

Tell me some bands, please
>>
>>53347693
>We'd be getting into genres here so I'm not going to argue that point.
what
>My point being is that this guy's entitled to his own opinion.
sure. is that your only point though?
>Most people on YouTube are retards looking for fame
check
>If this guy is using YouTube as an outlet for his opinion then who the hell cares?
i do because i don't agree with his opinion.
>How does it affect you?
i think it's clear. now how did his video affect you?
>it's like if someone says Death Grips or Aohex Twin sucks
i don't think that's comparable, really.
>Seriously. Who cares. WHO CAAAARES!?
IT'S ABSOLUTELY INSAAANE
>>
>>53347764
Enter Shikari
>>
math is the best because it at least doesn't pretend that it's useful in real life
>>
>>53347721
Has a YouTube campaign ever worked?
>>
>>53347764
HORSE the Band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0fcwYaABw8

Amazing band, btw.
>>
cant stand his ugly faggot voice
>>
I personally got nothing useful out of school. But, to say that the subjects are useless to everyone is just stupid.
Except history. There is literally no point in learning American history.
>>
>>53347798
they were cool, but it was more of metalcore+ electro
>>
>>53347843
You should learn history to avoid making mistakes that people have made before.
>>
>>53347845
Honestly I don't like them except a few songs, but they are really similar to this boyinaband guy's electrorock band.

Maybe you can like Starset...
>>
File: IMG_61680409790780.jpg (21KB, 426x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_61680409790780.jpg
21KB, 426x304px
>>53347784
>i do because i don't agree with his opinion.

You have nothing better to do so you're going to bitch and moan on 4chan of all places when we could be thoroughly discussing music instead of this guy's opinion.

>i think it's clear. now how did his video affect you?

It didn't. I live in Canada where our education system kicks ass and I love it.

>IT'S ABSOLUTELY INSAAANE

>mfw
>>
>>53347843
>There is literally no point in learning American history.
Some American historians who got inspired by their classes would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>53347745
Yeah I would be.
Good thing I'm talking about their music and not just their sales.
A producers music is why people go to their shows.
A producers music is why people buy merchandise.
A producers music is why people buy their music.

An entertainers personality(including gimmicks and ideals) is why people watch their videos.
>>
>>53347804
how do you do shopping
>>
>>53346838
I actually find people that dropped out and learnt everything themselves much more interesting and, honestly, intelligent. I don't see how learning stuff that you will never use in real life, unless you decide to become a chemistry teacher, is important. Call me a redneck, but I would rather teach kids how to build a shelf, or repair a chair, than about zinc hydroxide and hyperbolas.
>>
>>53347843
>There is literally no point in learning American history
well it's not like there's much to learn about is it
>>
>>53347804
And that's why you're broke as fuck
>>
>>53347889
>You have nothing better to do so you're going to bitch and moan on 4chan of all places
>of all places
also i don't see it as bitching and moaning as much as it's just plain shitposting. like what you're doing now.
>when we could be thoroughly discussing music
a rare occurance on /mu/.
>It didn't. I live in Canada where our education system kicks ass and I love it.
kewl.
>>
>>53347843
well good thing you dont actually learn anything about history in america
>>
>>53347826
fuckoff, boyinaband
>>
ABSOLUTELY INSANE
>>
Why do people goto school now when they can just google everything? xD haha i dropped out at 16 and now I have 50k followers on instagram and all i do is smoke weed and bang strippers!! lol losers!
>>
File: daniela-andrade.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
daniela-andrade.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
Daniela Andrade
>>
File: 1244177645306.jpg (29KB, 411x348px) Image search: [Google]
1244177645306.jpg
29KB, 411x348px
>>53346725
>dropping required subjects that aren't practical, like math and science
>not practical
>math and science
>>
I can feel some of the dude's sentiment on wanting schools to teach more practical life skills, but trying to get folks to just drop outta school because of it, is full fucking retard.

Yeah, it woulda been nice if my school had a senior course on resumes, applying for colleges, taxes, etc. but I don't see how dropping out and absconding the rest of my education would help with that
>>
>>53347905
>build a shelf, or repair a chair
I could literally look at an Ikea manual.
>>
>>53348109
>Ikea manual

nothing says blue collar like cracking open the Ikea manual. make sure you got your keurig cup and khakis on too!
>>
>>53346725
I agree with 90% of this.
>>
If it's a problem then how were past generations able to learn all of these important things when their education wasn't as good as ours?
>>
>>53348076
not saying i agree with him but i'll probably never need differential calculus or the quadratic formula in my life ever again
>>
File: 1317684518013.jpg (11KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
1317684518013.jpg
11KB, 299x293px
>>53348132
>>53348032
>>
>>53346725
>he actually starts to flow pretty well
lmao
>>
>>53348132
lmao Ikea is working class as fuck
apply yourself you lumpenprole
>>
>>53348076
>guy admitting he's too dumb for math and science to make a practical difference in his life
>this is somehow bad

I'd forgotten that having a bunch of apathetic mouth breathers in your Calc course was a bonus
>>
>>53348076
>guy admitting he's too dumb for math and science to make a practical difference in his life
>this is somehow bad

I'd forgotten that having a bunch of apathetic mouth breathers in your Calc course was a bonus

>>53348218
Hella working class. Let's get a starbucks bro. we need to get our energy up with some lattes before we hit the site!
>>
>>53348109
Or you could be a man and not a pathetic boipussy. By the way, you're gonna laugh, but IKEA is quite expensive for me, I can make my own furniture for much cheaper, and it's going to look better.
>>
>>53348218
>ikea is working class
>not sending your kids to school and teaching them "useful" stuff everyone with half a brain can figure out on their own isn't
>>
>>53348241
poorfag/hipster detected
>>
I hate this guy to bits but he is kind of right imo at least about the lack of attention given to certain subjects that are important for pretty much any citizen. tbf I went to a pretty shit school though.
>>
>>53346816
Because, you know, you don't need to do any calculations in astrophysics, because it's all about start, universe and le science nigger, and even if there was anything to calculate they have wolfram alpha and calculators in their iphones, it's not XIX century, is it?
>>
>Holy crap the number of likes already, this response is amazing! How many of you guys would watch a series where I taught what we missed?
MY NAME'S BOY IN A BAND AND I'M HERE TO SAY, THE DOLLAR MENU DOUBLE IS CHEAPEST IN EVERY WAY
>>
>>53348267
I agree. He's got a point but he blows it way, way, way out of proportion. Then again, that's how you have to sell things nowadays. If it's straight forward and intelligent, it doesn't sell. Pretending like it's the greatest injustice mankind has ever faced however....
>>
>>53348324
hahahah

jesus did he really write that comment
>>
i really really want to post this to /sci/ but i'd prob get b&
>>
>>53346725
>He was never taugth how to pay taxes, the laws of his country, and his human rights.
Are all the schools in the US this shit? Or he just attended to a bad one?
>>
>>53348346
That and just his whole demeanour and attempt at rapping is insufferable
>>
>>53348386
he's a Brit tho
>>
>>53348181
You won't, but anyone who goes to college will.

Furthermore, are people seriously making the argument that math and science isn't important–that it shouldn't be taught in school?

Enabling a generation of scientists, mathematicians, writers, etc. is more important than teaching you how to balance a checkbook, yes. You know why? It takes all of about 10 minutes to teach yourself how to balance a checkbook. This goes for every other idiotic "real-world skill" you guys can come up with as well.
>>
>>53348386
He's not from the US
>>
>>53348386
They never taught me that stuff and I'm from EU
>>
>>53348411
>anyone who goes to college will

i dont
stem fags can suck a dick
>>
>>53348430
You're gunna use the quadratic formula in college algebra, regardless of your major.
>>
>>53348404
>>53348412
>>53348424
los, sorry. Well, same question but with UK instead of US.
>>
>>53348389
dat hair tho mang. agreed.
>>
>>53348430
I learnt quadratic formula in 8th grade. What are you, westerners, retards?
>>
>>53346725
Imagine if this guy, instead of sounding european and butt-blasted, sounded old and pissed off–then tell me this wouldn't essentially be an Eminem song. All it's missing is a hook from skylar grey.
>>
>>53348462

it depends
like, at my comprehensive i did gcse economics but later learned that is slightly unusual, ie i never met anyone else who did it apart from grammar school kids

boyinaband's school might just have been a bit bad

i mean they failed to explain what practical use calc has, that's a fucking red flag right there
>>
>>53348450
>college algebra

i'm not too familiar with how it works in america but that's not a thing here
in order to get into college/university you're pretty much expected to know all that stuff even if it has nothing to do with your major but you don't have to attend any extra classes
>>
>>53348483
>not able to factor imaginary numbers in head
>>
Maybe if you took the right classes instead of trying to find the easy way out of high school you would have learned some of those things kiddo.
>>
>>53347408
Is this a cringe thread?
>>
>>53348550
Maybe it's a US thing then. Yeah, basically everyone that isn't an idiot takes harder classes than college algebra in high school, yet you still have to take that class in college–unless you took it in highschool (a lot of kids don't because it would replace stats or calculus or trig or something) or had very good test scores.
>>
it gets worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ0dmeCKExg
>>
>>53347374
>IT WORKS

The state of the world today sure is great, huh?
>>
>>53346725
all i hear is bitch bitch bitch.
>>
>>53348650
Much better than it would be if schools didn't teach math, science, or literature.

You don't seriously believe things would be better off without those things do you?
>>
>>53347408
>glam metal=glam rock
>old school rap, urban
>any of those are genres
>krautrock is just psych rock
>>
>>53348671
of course not, i just believe the education system is in need of serious reform(I'm referring to only in the US though).
>>
File: 1404182867480.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1404182867480.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>53347063
>autism: the opinion
>>
>>53348693
What would you like to see changed?
>>
>>53348711
Kind of a lot to sum up in a comment on /mu/.
>>
>>53347843
>literally

You sound pretty stupid anyway.
>>
>>53348693
Well that is something we could agree with, but basic science and math helps the universities to go faster with their teaching programs, taking for granted those bases.
>>
I don't think kids should learn less english, math, and science, I just think they need to learn practical things also.

I took a critical thinking class at a university and at the end of it I felt like everything they taught in that class could be understood by a 3rd grader AND it NEEDS to be taught to 3rd graders. They need to teach logic in schools, they need to teach things like life skills and law too ( I personally had a US Government class my senior year of highschool but it wasn't enough) they need to teach kids about applying to colleges and/or trade schools and how to apply for financial aid. Second Languages should be taught to younger kids. English as a Second Language needs to be taken more seriously.

also the level of difficulty in all areas of highschool needs to be higher because highschool is far too was and doesnt in any way prepare you for college, school days should be longer, we need to stop teaching to the test and actually teach students to their strenths and weaknesses and keep them interested, a class period for reading literature and only reading should be mandatory, an class period or free after school program for kids to do homework should be available (even mandatory for kids failing out).

I could go on and on but this tool from the video has a point, and the american education system specifically is really fucked
>>
>>53348724
Name just five things then
>>
>>53346725
This guy is hot af
>>
>>53348748
You think the guy in the video was referring to the US? I didn't watch to the end to see if he calls out a specific nation or something, but the dude is definitely English
>>
>>53348748
>they need to teach kids about applying to colleges and/or trade schools and how to apply for financial aid
>a class period for reading literature and only reading should be mandatory
>class period or free after school program for kids to do homework

I went to school in one of the most impoverished parts of the US and we had all this.
>>
I want to fuck this guy
>>
>>53348826
I had the reading things, and they offered assitance for financial aid but they should make it mandatory imo.

>>53348802
no but its easy to apply it, the US is just the school system I know about
>>
>>53348762
The five things depends on how "progressive" you want me to think? Am I changing the system that already exists and "reforming" it, or can I hypothetically create my own education system from early childhood to whenever I find it necessary for a person to no longer be tied to the education system?
>>
I want to fuck this man
>>
>>53348748
if they taught logic in school the political system would fall apart
>>
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>53348877
I re-worded my first sentence and left the question mark in there, oops.
>>
>>53347283
Actually, we did in my school.
>>
>>53348795
>>53348832
>>53348884
calm down
>>
File: Sick.jpg (464KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Sick.jpg
464KB, 1700x2200px
>>53346725
>this is starting to go viral
>>
>>53348877
I thought we already established we were speaking of reform.
>>
>hear him saying there are 30 human rights
>go to UN site to read them
>see this

>Article 1.
>All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

>post it to /mu/
>>
>>53348963
Alright.

1. bean bags instead of desks, kids should be comfortable when learning
2. no homework
3. no more tests, they don't prove anything about what you do and do no know
4. let the kids create the syllabus themselves
5. teachers become more like group members guiding the discussion. do away with the master/slave relationship of today's classroom
>>
File: 1409316638448.jpg (27KB, 399x377px) Image search: [Google]
1409316638448.jpg
27KB, 399x377px
>>53349062
wanted to stop reading at the bean bags
really wish I had
>>
File: Gentlesir.png (321KB, 450x457px) Image search: [Google]
Gentlesir.png
321KB, 450x457px
>>53346725
>This is starting to go viral
Nice try
>>
>>53348733
No, literally is being used correctly in that sentence. Only stupid one here is you, anon.
>>
OP if you really want this to viral you should post it to /sci/ and physicsforums, places where skeptics and atheists hang out and so on

it's getting hits because it's b8
>>
>>53349174
It is redundant in that context.
>>53349062
I was taking you seriously.
>>
I WANT TO FUCK THIS BOY
>>
File: 1407743129723.png (62KB, 187x192px) Image search: [Google]
1407743129723.png
62KB, 187x192px
>>53349174
This is thought to be a correct usage by students of hippie professors who preach linguistic descriptivism. In truth, the usage of "literally" as an intensifier is the mark of limited vocabulary.

Also, as a result, the original usage of "literally" as a turn of phrase has become as corny as crude puns.
>>
>>53348963
That is true just a little bit too much time passed for me to remember that.

Anyways, I would definitely love to see a changes to the average learning environment. People respond better/differently to things like adequate amounts of natural light. The mentality one takes towards learning is obviously one of the important aspects of learning itself, right? Just simply creating the urge to learn instead of the mantra of "ugh school" everyone seems to have can bring change within itself. Now, that obviously brings up the question of how to create that desire, but then you get into things like how a child is raised and very early education as well. As I said earlier this feels like too big of a topic for me to want to discuss /mu/(obvious reasons for that which I hope other people would understand), but finding 5 specific things to change is kind of hard, especially since you have to at least try to gauge the effect of each change and see if those changes would bring bigger, subsequent changes, or just make other parts of the system seem unethical.

I'm gonna leave this response hastily finished and without toooo much thought put into it.
>>
This fuckin' thread.

The guy is right and you all know it. No one can actually put into words specifically why he is wrong.
>>
>>53349493
bit obvious there
>>
>>53349493
I learned all of the things he said he didn't at my inner-city chicago high school
Business, economics, adult living and law were all electives at my school, and health class was mandatory. If he didn't want to google how to trade stocks he could've signed up for the class
The school system (US, at least) is fucked but this objection is something everyone thought of in 3rd grade. He just hasn't figured out why he's a dumbass, or he wanted to make easy money/fame appealing to the main demographic of youtube
>>
>>53349108
not OP, but I've already seen three different folks share that video over facebook, and this thread was the first I saw when I popped on /mu/ earlier.
>>
>>53349568
>Business, economics, adult living and law were all electives at my school, and health class was mandatory.

Lucky fucker. I grew up in the sticks and the closest thing we had was a "business math" class, which was just accounting/arithmetic with dollar sign.

Also, how fucking in depth was your health class? all we went over was like, dieting and sex, nothing about CPR, first aid, etc.

not justifying the "dont stay in school" aspect, but our school didn't even have a driver's ed program, let alone shit for like adult living. then again, our school didn't have anyone qualified to teach maths higher than Trig.
>>
>>53349062
1. What if a kid doesn't find bean bags comfortable?
2. Yep, no need to practice what you were taught.
3. How else are you gonna fucking know if they learned the material or not?
4. You know almost every kid would say do nothing.
5. This is honestly teacher dependent. Some are like how you imagine they should be while others are the master/slave.
>>
didn't this fuccboi become a youtube c-lister by doing tutorials about how to recreate skrillex sounds?
>>
File: w0BmlTQ.gif (3MB, 350x249px) Image search: [Google]
w0BmlTQ.gif
3MB, 350x249px
>>53346725
>but rather dropping required subjects that aren't practical, like math and science.
>>
>>53347058
I don't have an agenda.
>>
I went to a Britbong school of very middling quality and even I had the fucking opportunity to learn all these things.
>>
File: e.png (306KB, 637x361px) Image search: [Google]
e.png
306KB, 637x361px
>>53346725
>This is starting to go viral

Not at all. It was on reddit a couple of days ago, it died already.
>>
File: Marc Cuntslayer Rudov.jpg (6KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
Marc Cuntslayer Rudov.jpg
6KB, 192x187px
>The only way I can learn things is if they're taught to me in school
Physics major ubermensch here. The problem with idiots like this guy isn't that they aren't taught the right things, it's that they aren't curious enough to learn the "right things" by themselves.

>Implying math and science aren't practical
I bet this guy's a dualist.
>>
Well, he's not wrong on some of the topics, but math and science is still important.

The problem here is where to draw the line between what schools have to teach, and what parents have to teach.
>>
>>53348309

You don't know shit about math. The point of doing all those exercises and practicing, instead of letting wolfram do everything, is developing a REAL (not just a half-assed "I think I've got it all figured out"-type) intuition.

Of course math and science are not practical if you want to major in art, but not everybody wants that and the world would fall apart if everybody did.

At this rate, Asians will surely take over the world. Whites are too stupid...
>>
I can't take british people seriously when they try to rap or go hard.
>>
>>53347905
>much more interesting

That's entirely subjective.

I, on the other hand, feel sorry for people who don't appreciate the beauty of math and its usefulness. It must be a sad life.

>intelligent
pft, get the fuck out of here, dude. You don't even know what that word means.
>>
>>53352588
>I, on the other hand, feel sorry for people who don't appreciate the beauty of math and its usefulness
>actual autism
>>
>>53348483
The quadratic formula equals who gives a fuck, that's math I do science there's a difference, you fuck.
>>
>>53352605
>actual autism

Whatever helps you sleep at night, faggot.

I bet you think "hurr science and math is for losers who can't even get a girl. Really just look at le funny zimbabwe man". It's not like you'll ever change, so I'll stop wasting my time.
>>
>>53352605
>Buzzwords
Have fun being a moron
>>
>>53346725
I'd fuck his mouth and ass probably.
>>
>>53352637
>Doesn't use the quadratic formula
>Not even rarely
gtfo biopleb
>>
>>53347408
i'd fuck that asian guy in a wig
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.