[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daft Punk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 4kXzrb7.jpg (35KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
4kXzrb7.jpg
35KB, 410x410px
Do you remember how much hype there was for this album? I remember it not taking long after it came out for the tide to start turning. There was some hate. Overall I think the responses was (and still is) positive.

So what do you think about this album a year later? I still listen to it regularly. I was never a huge fan of Daft Punk before, though (of course I'd heard them), so maybe that affects my perception of it.
>>
>>53340136
>Overall I think the responses was (and still is) positive.
How delusional do you have to be?
>>
>>53340136
Lol, I just listened to this album after many months.
8/10 then, 8/10 now.
>>
>>53340136
Damn good album. Danceable, nostalgic, groovy, only a couple of tracks that suck. 8/10
>>
Most underwhelming album in recent years, an absolute trainwreck.
>>
>>53340136
Never really ended up feeling like a Daft Punk album to me. I mean I guess they wrote the songs and produced the album but the majority of the album is a huge collaboration with "real" instruments that make up 90% of the music. Seems like a supergroup branded with Daft Punk in hindsight...

Aside from Motherboard, Doin It Right, Contact, and the second half of Moroder, I don't really... like the album too much. Definitely forgettable.
>>
>>53340136
A terrific album and the most tightly knit, nuanced and well-constructed album Daft Punk has put out. Discovery probably left a lot more impact for it's time but out of their entire catalog this one just resonates with me the most, and it's great music to kick back and relax to. It's equally engaging music to analyze, and I feel it kind of surpassed my expectations since Get Lucky felt way too overplayed by the time the album hit. Give Life Back To Music, Giorgio by Moroder and Doin It Right are some damn good tracks.

The success was well deserved, and from start to finish it's basically the equivalent of them storming back onto the scene.
>>
>>53340282
Most underwhelming criticism in recent years, an absolute trainwreck.
>>
Not Homework or Discovery level Daft Punk, but it was still an amazing album. Like if Homework was a 10, RAM would get a 9-9.5 from me.
>>
pretty terrible for Daft Punk. Overall mediocre. No ambition, almost entirely based on nostalgia, no memorable moments. Scaruffi's review is spot on imo, and I don't like Scaruffi. I guess if you wanna pretend you're a classy gent who likes boring disco then it's good.
>>
>>53340136
I liked it until I listened to an actual good disco album

Now i think it's bland
>>
>>53340366
Thank god i'm not a critic then.
>>
>>53340547
>I'm not a critic
that much is painfully clear. you can't even provide a single cogent point to substantiate your criticism
>>
Can't decide if it's a 2 or a 3 out of 10.
>>
>>53340567
I wasn't asked to, and neither did any of the people who posted before me, i don't see you responding to them.
>>
>>53340516
What's a good disco album to listen to?
>>
Thought most of the songs were mediocre, and I felt they tried a little too hard to stray away from what everybody else is doing. I can't blame them, at this point in their careers, they can do whatever they want.
>>
>>53340615
Chic's self titled album is pretty good, and also make you realize how much better Nile Rodgers could have made RAM

Also Casual-T - Prescriptions For Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1GZBlErK3c
>>
>>53340567
ur being really pretentious m8

>>53340136
honestly i just ended up forgetting about this album, and I'm a huge fan of Daft Punk. Wasn't interesting enough
>>
>>53340606
you were just shitposting, admit it
>>
>>53340714
It wasn't interesting at all.
>>
>>53340749
Hey-o!
>>
>>53340714
ur being really retarded m8
>>
>>53340734
Not at all. I thought it was a terrible album.
You're essentially just replying to me because you disagree with my opinion, you didn't give a shit about the "i liked it! :)" comments.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.