[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you'll never be in a band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 20

File: pepeandthefeels.png (626KB, 1240x755px) Image search: [Google]
pepeandthefeels.png
626KB, 1240x755px
>tfw you'll never be in a band
>>
>>53255128
I'm in like four of them. It's not hard if you are good at your instrument and have lots of connections.
>>
>tfw you have to start one
>tfw you have to find people
>tfw it takes some effort

>tfw you can do it, anon
>>
being in a band is mostly fucking terrible outside of recording the actual music.
>>
>>53255128
But I was. We sucked but had fun and people had fun at our shows.

After I decided to focus on my drinking the band got pretty known in the punk community through lots of touring.
>>
>>53255208
>After I decided to focus on my drinking
My sides
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 604x453px
My band in high school. It helps if your friend's dad owns all of this equipment and a place to jam/practice whenever you want. Whenever we did a "Battle of the Bands" we were definitely the most well-equipped group there.
>>
I am anon so I'll post an alternate feel
>tfw you live in a shitty small town instead of a place like la or new york where there would be actual demand for your music
>>
>>53255250
Just to let you know I make fun of people like you.
>>
>>53255128
You're in my band though?
>>
>>53255228
I didn't ask for your fucking opinion you stupid little shit. Don't bother taking your fist out of your ass in order to type the next time you decide to make a fucking post. I'm going to find your house and fuck your bitchy cunt of a mother and make you watch. You fucking despicable asshole.
>>
>>53255327
>tfw playing in so many gigging bands, have trouble remembering who is playing when
How's your drinking going?
>>
>>53255327
someone get this hothead out of here
>>
>>53255296
Yeah i know. I would be jealous if I were you. I'm jealous of myself back then. The funny thing is we were jamming in my garage for months, and then one day the kid is like "My dad has some amps and equipment at his place if you want to jam at his place next time". So the next weekend we take his advice, go to his dad's place and he has this fuckin soundproof room with a bunch of Marshall full stacks, Tama Starclassic drums, a handful of Strats and Les Pauls if you broke a string on your guitar, and everything is mic'd up to a mixer and recording equipment.

We never jammed in my freezing cold garage again...
>>
>>53255296
My thought exactly when I read >>53255250
>>
>>53255381
>I would be jealous if I were you
Why? Your gear doesn't make the band, your talent does. I feel better playing my hand-made pedal board, through amps and guitars I paid for with hard work, in a practice space we pay for monthly. IN turn we will work harder to make it work it since we invested more in it than you did.

Where are you now? ;)
>>
>>53255128
Why not OP?
>>
>>53255285
Work hard to make money, save a lot, practice in free time, move to one of those two cities, join or make up a band and take it from there bro
>>
>>53255128

Why is the guy on the left wearing 2 dress shirts?
>>
>>53255128
that's okay. most bands, like 95%+ actually suck ass being in. It feels like a job and once you get to be about 24, people look down on it.
>>
>>53255168
I think you just mean lots of connections, I doubt you're any good
>>
>>53255623
> It feels like a job and once you get to be about 24, people look down on it.
lol where'd you get this info from?
>>
File: problem.png (156KB, 327x328px) Image search: [Google]
problem.png
156KB, 327x328px
>>53255663
>2014
>not looking down on people over 24 who are in bands
>>
>>53255518
Haha man we had fun while we were doing it. We were never trying to make a career out of it. That jam space/studio was a nice luxury to have as broke high school kids. Anyway, the last summer before everybody went their separate ways, we all stacked up some money and went to a real studio and recorded a 12-13 song album. We worked our asses off so when we went to that studio, we could lay all the songs down without spending a month there and so all the $$$ spent on having professionals record/mix our stuff wasn't a waste.

Like I said, it's cool if you're jealous. I wish I still could play/record at that place too.
>>
>>53255562
Maybe because I live in Brazil
Maybe because the only intrument I play is acoustic guitar and I'm very average on bass guitar
Maybe because i know very little about music
idk man
>>
fucking start one or do it yourself

it's not that hard
>>
>tfw in a stoner rock/doom metal band
>we experimented one day and all we did was got stoned, yelled and screamed gibberish out asses off while we lazily banged on gongs, played flutes, and put cheesy 80s psych synths over it
>we realize we've been doing it for over 2 hours.
>we were stoned and expected it to sound absolutely amazing.
>listen to it the next day
>vocals: "RAWAKGAKOHOAKBAGA"
>flutes: "pffffffffffffffffffffffftchhhhh"
>keyboards: "wowowowowowowowowowowshhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
>gong every 30 seconds: "BWONNNNG"

it was shit.
>>
>>53255633
I wouldn't constantly get booked and invited to play in bands if I wasn't anon.
>>53255696
>it's cool if you're jealous
You still don't seem to understand: I laughed at people like you because your gear was better than you were, and it was an obvious "Thanks mom!" scenario.
>>
>>53255663
What the anon says has lot of sense. If a musician is not ready to commit him/herself, he/she is doomed.
In order to perform well in live shows you must eat and sleep well so you'll show up wasted and may sound like crap, compromising the whole gig. Also consider all the constant touring, recording, practice and all the time, effort and stuff it takes, specially considering few actually 'make it'. It is another job by the end of the day.
>>
>>53255174

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience anon. I'm in a band with my bros and we're like a big disfunctional family. It's the best thing that's happende in my life yet.
>>
Stop such a sad duck and try you morton
>>
>>53255620
he's cool enough to wear it
>>
>>53255703
Lol I live in Brazil too. Know that feeling.
>>
>>53255737
Upload to bandcamp and share with the thread
>>
>>53255755
">>53255755
Being
>>
>>53255693
a-anon... it's 2015 now
>>
>>53255737
What Is swans
>>
File: yo.jpg (47KB, 528x490px) Image search: [Google]
yo.jpg
47KB, 528x490px
>>53255703
haha learn more bro. I know plenty of Brazilians in bands
>>
>>53255737

I want to hear this, sounds patrician as fuck
>>
Who is in a band, what do you play, whats your genre
I play bass in a shoegaze band, fuckin love it m8
>>
>>53255696
Have you guys uploaded it online? Mind doing it now?
>>
File: sp0jci4.png (222KB, 433x451px) Image search: [Google]
sp0jci4.png
222KB, 433x451px
>>53255804
Where did last year go
>>
>>53255737
Haha. Sounds like many experiments I would do. But then you find the one that goes really well and it's pretty good.

Keep experimenting.
>>
>>53255693
Both Radiohead and Neutral Milk Hotel are all in their 40s.
>>
>>53255818
I play bass in a math-rock/post-punk band, brother.
>>
>>53255811
>only one member is Brazilian
>is from the most high-class neighbourhood in NYC
>born with a silver spoon in the mouth, speaking English, playing with a bunch of silver-spooned kids who had everything to make it

Cara, considerar os Strokes já é golpe baixo demais. Pega outra
>>
File: sneer2.jpg (48KB, 491x495px) Image search: [Google]
sneer2.jpg
48KB, 491x495px
>>53255740
You seem extremely mad
>and poor
>>
being in a band is honestly overrated. I mean, I was never in a big time band making real money, but unless you get signed to a big deal you're pretty much perpetually broke and living in gross conditions.
>>
>>53255843
And I look down on them
>>
>>53255863
>trying this hard
>>
File: yo.jpg (325KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
yo.jpg
325KB, 2048x1536px
>>53255860
My friend, Bruno. He's in an alt rock band
>>
>>53255863
>and poor
But the guy you were talking to said he worked and bought his gear; it was that other kid who was poor and just used his dad's equipment.
>>
>>53255933
He has no excuse to be as butthurt as he is about some 16 year old kid getting free things unless he has/had money troubles.

You always see that vitriolic attitude with poorfags.
>>
>>53255737
Wait holy shit, Mike? I didn't know you browsed /mu/ too.

That shit was fucking nuts, uploading it to bandcamp
>>
>>53255693
Is that Alex S?
>>
>>53255860
There's Mauro Refosco,the percussionist for RHCP
Not really an official member but anyway
>>
>tfw have qt gf to play lo-fi bedroom pop with
>>
>>53255966
I said he just laughed at people who were less good than their gear. That's not butthurt.
>>
>>53255866

>caring about your material material condition more than the music you make

yeah you shouldn't be in a band, anon
>>
>>53255821
is that thom yorke
>>
>>53255982

I hate you go away
>>
>tfw too afraid to ask your friend if you can join his band

>tfw never played a show
>>
>>53255860
>>53255128

Ser brasileiro não é uma desculpa para não ter uma banda.
>>
>>53255866
you could be in a band and also, y'know, have a job
>>
>>53256034
Maybe he lives in the favelas
>>
>>53255820
I was looking to see if it's still online anywhere, I'm not even sure. The only place I still have it is on an old iPod somewhere buried in my closet.

I'm not claiming it was anything incredible anyway, just a bunch of high school kids trying their best. When I listen to the songs these days, there are a bunch of things I wish I could've done different. Our bassist and keyboard players were probably the two people from the band were probably the ones who could go on to become really successful musicians. Unfortunately these days the bassist is becoming a school teacher and the keys player is in law school haha.
>>
>>53255982
Iktf bro. Had this gf for sometime, more like a flirt. We used to hang out together, go to movies, and stuff. I was learning how to play the bass back then.

Then we broke up cuz I was piled up with work, in debt and shit back then, so we went separate paths. Then a couple weeks later I found out she used to play the guitar and stuff. Don't know why we never talked about playing instruments to begin with.
>>
>>53256041
if you want to make it big you don't have time for a real job. if op is just talking about a band for fun then it's literally as easy as learning an instrument and finding 3 other morons that know how to play instruments.
>>
>>53256055
no, I don't
it's just hard to find someone with good taste and the same idea of music as mine
even if i find someone and start a band
the stuff i have in mind wouldn't work here
>>
>>53256034
I know but maybe he has a hard time trying to find people with the same musical interests to play with him.

Or maybe because 99% of the bands from Brazil are now fated to undersell and play small gigs and bars for the rest of their careers.
>>
>>53256105
>if you want to make it big
No what if we just like to have fun, like most bands.
>>
>>53256105
OP didn't say he wanted to be in One Direction, he said he wanted to be in a band
even a lot of the mid-level bands or the bigger indie band guys have jobs they work when they're not touring
>>
>>53256119
Considering you're brazillian, i'm guessing you wanna make Arctic Monkeys/The Strokes type of band right?
>>
>>53256176
>>53256177
ok then like I said, that's easy. if you really want to be in a band, just go make a band. quit being lazy.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
>>53256055
tfw brazilian jam space with qts is ravaged by 12 year olds banging my mom
>>
File: 1368857321872.jpg (50KB, 1306x619px) Image search: [Google]
1368857321872.jpg
50KB, 1306x619px
tfw not good enough at your instrument to join a band
tfw your instrument is bass guitar so nobody would want you anyway
>>
>>53255933
Hey man we were all extra middle class except for the one kid in the band whose dad owned all the equipment. His dad was a self-made guy anyway who built two businesses from the ground up, and I respect the hell out of him. Plus he is incredible at guitar, he would jam with us sometimes.

That being said, we all appreciated having that jam space and recording equipment so damn much. We were janning together for a couple years before all that stuff became available to us. So it's not like we just started a band because "My dad has all this music equipment we can play with"
>>
File: 3723-cosby-wut.jpg (71KB, 401x270px) Image search: [Google]
3723-cosby-wut.jpg
71KB, 401x270px
>>53256191
Why do you think that?
>>
>>53256134
>>53256119

>the stuff i have in mind wouldn't work here

Bandcamp and soundcloud or any other medium on the internet. Shit excuse, OP.
>>
>>53255696
this actually tugged my heart strings a little bit :')
>>
>>53256191
Not really,i'm most into post-rock/alt-rock,instrumental shit ,you know
i kinda like indie rock though

Also what does Brazil have to do with those bands?
>>
>>53256218
>first feel seems logical
>second feel couldn't be more 360º from the truth
Bass players are probably the most sought-after musicians to integrate bands bro
>>
>tfw your guitarist is suicidal from time to time and checks in at the psychiatric ward every three months
>tfw haven't had band practice for 8 months
>>
>>53256259
Considering all the "Come to Brazil!!!" comments on last.fm and facebook it seemed like you guys only listened to The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys and Sky Ferreira
>>
>>53256218
OP here,i feel you
>>
>>53256218
dude bass is ALWAYS wanted. only thing more wanted is a drummer. who the hell has room for all of that equipment? bonus points if you can play bass and sing.
>>
>>53256240
I don't really care.
>>
lol i'd bet at least half the people on this board have been in a band at some point
>>
>>53256283
Have you heard of Labirinto?
>>
>>53255968
Oh shit, nice. I hope this is true.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0jRYdNiuFqO
>tfw only guitar and me being "self-taught" on drums
at least I fuck around once in three months or so lel
>>
>>53255818
guitar in a doom band, feels good man
>>
>>53256396
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1vTWdnHdhzD more definitive stuff here plz rate
>>
>playing guitar
> not playing gypsy jazz

Everything else is shit
>>
>>53256396
>>53256481
real solid stuff m8 keep it up
>>
How easy is it to form a band in college?
>>
You can always find people to jam with on Craigslist. Or there's this other site called BandMix. But I've always had more fun jaming with somebody who I'm friends with already.

I moved to a new area, play drums, and found somebody to jam with on Craigslist. I'm 25, dude was like 45-50 (which is fine because we both actually know how to play our instruments). Only problem is I work a lot, he just did computer shit from home. So I just wanted to jam for fun like once a week, and he wanted to jam like every day and write a bunch of songs and I just didn't have the time.

Bottom line- it's real easy to find other musicians, but can be difficult to find people with the same goals/tastes as you.
>>
>>53256544
Thanks, I plan buying a drum kit in the future, this whole process is being
>find my guitarist m8
>we jam ~10 times in 12 months
In this particular "record" I have been numb of playing the drums since last summer (recorded in december)
>>
>>53256481
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s1vTWdnHdhzD
I think it sounds good. You could have highlighted the guitar a bit more, the drums are outshining it a lot. Also, your drumming is not that bad bro; when you said you're self-taught on drums I was expecting incomplete shit, but it's good, I mean, it serves nthe purpose.
Keep your endeavours up
>>
Any good beginner songs that aren't overly pleb I can learn for the guitar?
>>
>>53256636
If you are learning and your first concern is being overly pleb you should just give up now
>>
>>53255820
Found one haha

http://youtu.be/OYcXRcES8q4
>>
>tfw start playing bass guitar about a year ago
>tfw really like it but I just dont have as much time as I'd like to in order to experiment, get solid and stuff
>tfw I realized how many musicians live close to me (even neighboors)
>tfw I don't play nor jam with them because I can't actually play my instrument and I'm anxious of sounding like shit and fucking the practice

Why to live?
>>
>>53256611
Equalization wasn't much of a choice, the jam is recorded in an MP3 (for the kvlt points of course). It was more much of something I listen to keep the record of me doing mistakes in drumming so I get better the next time. Not really a self-taught, I have never practised anything except for the times I've been jamming, where the space between the sessions can be even up to 6 months. I just try stuff while jamming, and try to keep up. I plan on getting more serious into it in September.
>>
>>53256680
>want to experiment
>only been playing a year
lel
>>
>>53256636
Popular stuff like Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Linkin Park's songs' chord progressions, AC/DC, etc.
>>
>>53256663
this is really good
>>
>>53256663
>Rusty Shed
That's quite a sweet name haha.
Also, your band sounded good bro. Such a shame you guys went on different paths
>>
>>53256680
My little brother started playing guitar and he has like the same issue. I have been playing the drums for 10-11 years and he seems intimidates. I keep telling him it doesn't matter, as long as he can play something simple.

Bottom line- learn some simple stuff and just go for it. You learn so much stuff playing original stuff with other people. Things you canmt learn just learning to play actual songs with tabs online.
>>
>tfw in a band but my solo material is much, much better
>>
>>53256734
>>53256719
Haha thanks. So many haters on the interweb, I'm suprised to get that response.
>>
File: smug pepe 2.png (325KB, 600x623px) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe 2.png
325KB, 600x623px
>>53256743
>my solo material is much, much better
>>
>>53256703
What's the problem with experimenting after just a year of playing? I played guitar for some years before that.

With experiment I mean chord progressions, understanding modulation, counterpointing, incorporating genres and going beyond the mere playing of the chord progression. REally wish I had the time but I just dont have the time for it now (or for the foreseable future)
>>
>>53256792
"Reach for the Skyler"
>>
>>53255774
>>53255755
>Stop such a sad morton and try you duck-being
wait a minute is it just me or does this not make any sense at all
>>
>>53256804
>With experiment I mean chord progressions, understanding modulation, counterpointing, incorporating genres and going beyond the mere playing of the chord progression.
That's not experimenting.
>>
>>53256819
"Stop being such a sad-duck and try, you moron!"
>>
Tfw I'm in an indie rock band and a noise rock band
>>
>>53256680
so turn your volume down low and turn it up when you start getting more confident
you won't be fucking anything up
and seriously, bass players are so sought after
>>
>>53256848
i feel like the original insult was definitely supposed to be morton
>>
File: No Fun Allowed.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
No Fun Allowed.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>mfw I'm a one-man shoegaze band
>mfw I'm a one man DSBM band
>mfw I'm a one-man piano sadcore band and recruit qts to sing vocals

Being in a band with other people is fun but when it's "serious" music I like to have complete control.
>>
>>53256891
>I am so much better than everyone, I don't need other people when I can't do something
>I definitely am not autistic
>>
>>53256680
>le me jamming black metal
>random guy appears in studio
>Hey guys i see you have no bass, need one just for the laughs?
>Yeah, whatever
>get inside
>start playing
>the guy obviously has no idea what to play on top of us
>as a result I hear the bass playing random harmonics
>keeps throwing us off
>we silently wish he leaves sooner or later
>>
>Friend plays drums
>Figure we should start a band
>I play guitar better than all my friends, all we need now is a bassist
>Every fucking person who plays music only plays mediocre guitar
>I have to switch to bass while a thrash kiddie plays guitar
>Break up after three practices
>>
>>53256950
what about fuck the bass lol?
>>
>>53256950
If you were so good, you wouldn't need a great bass player.
>>
>>53256891
>>53256858
>>53256743
>>53255982
>>53255818
>>53255857
>>53256425
>>53255737
post ur shit guys come on
>>
Being in a shitty pop punk band in high school is like an ecstatic experience in any boy's life. I'm glad to have done it and really miss it a lot. It was a fun goal, something to bond with bros and aspire toward. Something to really show the world what you got. Being in a real, successful band would be so fucking amazing.
>>
>>53256939
Not that guy but 90% of people who want to be in a band just want to get drunk and jam together. There's a place for that, but if youre trying to make serious music the best bet is to either find someone else who's as serious as you or do it alone.
>>
>>53256988
It's not that, it's that nobody WANTS to play bass, myself included.
Everyone wants to be the guitar wizard.
>>
>>53256939
LOL XD EBIN XD
>>
>>53256828
>>53256828
Dude you cant get better unless you mess around, rearrange and shit, thus experimenting
>make chord progression, rythm, etc
>'This didn't sound the way I wanted it to sound like. Perhaps I should try and do this...'
>change stuff or start from the scratch until you get it or learn something
Experimenting
>>
>>53255818
Guitar in a dream/weird pop band here!
>>
>>53257028
Sounds like it's your problem for jamming with non-serious musicians. I've met probably 50 serious ones. You simply have to stop being so egocentric that you think you are better than anyone else and also not be so afraid of social interaction, which is the real issue.
>>53257059
Truth hurts I guess.
>>
My brother an I make music together. He plays keyboards and sometimes bass and do guitar, drums and sometimes bass. We trade off vocals, but I want him to do vocals from now on. It's so FUCJING hard to find anyone to play either bass or drums. Dad plays guitar very well, but I don't think my brother really wants to play with him. So yeah. It sucks. And I love in a 3,000 pop town.

Here's a song

soundcloud.com/in-division/ersatz
>>
>>53257071
>Dude you cant get better unless you mess around, rearrange and shit, thus experimenting
You wouldn't know what is actual experimentation without knowing your instrument first.
>make chord progression, rythm, etc
>'This didn't sound the way I wanted it to sound like. Perhaps I should try and do this...'
>change stuff or start from the scratch until you get it or learn something
That's simply learning your instrument. No wonder you are awful.

And we're talking about bass? Holy fuck. .
>>
>>53257115
like my brother press the any keyboard
>>
>>53257056
Dont know why but while I started playing music by playing an acoustic guitar, the bass always sound more attracting than any other instrument.

Being a guitar wizard has bnever been one of my wants, but maybe that's because Im borderline autistic
>>
>>53256939
>Wanting control over quality
>lol self centered autistic why don't you just play shitty garage rock
>>
>>53256636
Like, most things by Weezer. Tired of Sex and Getchoo are pretty easy and fun to play.
>>
>>53257056
Just get a POG you dufus
>>
>>53257173
>Only I know what quality is
>>
>>53255128

Well, if they gonna reunite a bunch of Solo'ist ppl liek they did with Buddy and B.B, I mean what can you play there? Champagne and Reefer?

Wow, lets reunite Clapton too so we can play 2 minutes per 20.
>>
making music alone is so much easier and efficient, but so much less fun. Be in a band if you just want to have fun. Be solo if you're serious.
Obviously it's a case-by-case basis though
>>
>>53257259
Except if you're really good you won't make shit as a solo artist, except maybe in electronic music.

You need to have an interesting live show in order to grow, and most solo projects either don't play live or just aren't very good live.

I also believe that the input from like minded people helps with the quality of the music!
>>
>>53257122
>No wonder you are awful
You've never heard me play wtf

Please 'enlighten' me on the subject of instrument experimentation, really, because your definition of experimentation seems to be a very restricted and undefined one.

>hears of a skill
>plays until you get it and it's solid and in your mind; you can play it comfortably
Learning

>messing with a skill
>try putting in and/or taking things from it, like dividing a rythim to play more notes just to see what happens
If you already know some of the basic skills, I don't see why messing around with skills just to see what the sounds is going to be like cant be considered experimentation
>>
>>53257298
>I also believe that the input from like minded people helps with the quality of the music!
This guy knows whats up
>>
>>53257259

Look what happens Buddy, she wants me to go to her House all the way to Frozen Island... I am the one that has to go, I don't know if she knows I currently have no disposition of my money.
>>
>>53257305
>You've never heard me play wtf
You just admitted you feel you are too shitty to play with a band, and you've only been playing for a year... on a bass! The lucklyhood of you being shitty is very high.
>Please 'enlighten' me on the subject of instrument experimentation
You wouldn't understand.
>because your definition of experimentation seems to be a very restricted and undefined one.
Conducing and experiment in which the outcome is not known?
>try putting in and/or taking things from it, like dividing a rythim to play more notes just to see what happens
Also learning. If you think it's "experimenting" maybe you should reevaluate your hobby.
>>
>>53257310
Agree with this. Try too hard to make something you really like, and you will end up being the only one liking it. With my old band, we had 4 different people writing songs and only ended up recording the best ones from each person. I think it gave us some diversity and a better end product. Being in a band with other people is so much more fun anyway. And I wouldn't mind being the bassist that nobody cared about. As long as people like the music.
>>
>>53257403
>And I wouldn't mind being the bassist that nobody cared about. As long as people like the music.
What I always do is write basslines that make people care and take notice.
>>
>>53255174
Fucking this.

>tfw was in a band and hated because muh perfectionism
>>
>>53255843
they are/were actually succesful and popular

anyone in a band in their 20s would be laughed at

especially in the 2010s
who even still plays rock music? im assuming just middle class white people
>>
>>53257298
you're right, I was assuming you could make an interesting live show by yourself or by using hired guns. Good point. Not applicable to all genres.
>>
>>53255737
>Doom metal with motherfucking flutes
Patrician as fuck
>>
>>53257418
Yeah it depends on the style of music sometime tho. If you want to be Primus or some funk band, you can make the band stand out. For a lot of popular music, the drums and bass fall in the background for the most part and the average person mostly recognizes the vocals and/or leas guitar. If you're a good bassist tho and put it into your band's music, the other musicians in the crowd will know you.
>>
>>53257499
*make the BASS stand out*
>>
>>53255168
>it's not hard, just have lots of connections
exactly this, thanks asshole
>>
>>53257368
Learn to read stuff man. I said that I'm not confident enough to play in a band, like actually jamming.
>on a bass!
An instrument like any other, with its own difficulties. Can't play chords like in a guitar or a piano, but modulation, countrpointing and rythm play a much larger part as compared to the other ones
>The lucklyhood of you being shitty is very high.
And considerably (like infinitely) lower than your of po0sting childish unconclusive bs
>You wouldn't understand
No, you just didn't dodge a bullet there. 360º from that actually; you've just proved yourself an illogical angered fuck
>Conducing and experiment in which the outcome is not known?
Further proof you have no knowledge of the term experiment. As I've put, you've experiment when you try to both test a principle or see what will happen even if you have actually no idea.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/experiment
>Also learning. If you think it's "experimenting" maybe you should reevaluate your hobby.
Fuck you dude, like really. When you hit puberty and get some self-observation I hope you've learned how pitifully ridiculous it is to scorn someone on the interwebs
>>
>>53256891
This.

Just record things and call yourself a band, like Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti.
>>
>love playing guitar
>absolute shit at it though
>can't be fucked to learn new stuff so I can get better
Call me a faggot, /mu/
>>
>>53257483
You can, but to pay the hired guns you either need to invest money from somewhere or to already be succesful.. it's a hard thing to do.

I had a solo project before, but ultimately my band is just much better. We're better live, the songs are better even though I'm the main songwriter, and we've had much more success (though still quite small!).
>>
>>53256891
>DSBM
I'd tell you to kill yourself but you probably actually would
>>
>>53257492
Check it

stoicdissention2.bandcamp.com/track/-
>>
>>53255128
Maybe you should support your local oceangrunge scene.
>>
>>53255128
>tfw tried to join a band last week
>i was supposed to play drums
>show up first, get drums set up how i like them
>guy who agreed to play guitar shows up late
>he instantly says "hey so uh i haven't practiced guitar in months and i've been playing drums for a year so i think i should play"
>too beta to argue, agree to play guitar in his place
>i can only play the E scale, he can only play overly technical nu-metal shit on drums and he's not very good
>the bassist tries to sell us cocaine
fuck you guys i'm not going back
>>
>>53256950
What do you guys play? I'm a bass player that's does experimental stuff.
>>
>>53258565
why is oceangrunge called oceangrunge if it has nothing in common with grunge?

also lovecraftcore/cthulhucore/eldritchwave when
>>
>>53255737
post it cunt
>>
File: 1421340380923.jpg (91KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1421340380923.jpg
91KB, 600x450px
>want to start a band up but have full creative control
>check out gumtree for bandmates
>every profile is "influences include generic dadrock and Artic Monkeys (AM ONLY!!!)"
>nobody links their soundcloud so I can hear their playing
>into the trash

Thank god I have an audio interface and can play guitar, bass and drums.

My condolences go out to those of you that only play one instrument and have to put up with these people
>>
>>53260346
>people recommend to only start a band with close friends
>none of my friends play an instrument
>>
File: 1367321203484.png (232KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1367321203484.png
232KB, 323x454px
>>53260433
>only friend that plays an instrument exclusively listens to metalcore and refuses to play anything but metal
>>
I'm in a cover band that's been active for about a year and a half, playing shows occasionally, opening for friends bands. But we're a pretty talented group and we're starting to write our own music. We've got an attractive, and extremely talented girl on vocals so that's nice. She's been close to striking it big twice, so I think that's a decent start.

Not gonna lie, starting out as a cover band was such a good way to learn how to play together. I can't think of a better way.
>>
>>53255128
Put "succesfull" before "band" and that´s pretty much the feelest of the feels shared amongst the 99 % of us poor musicians.
>>
>>53260788
>We've got an attractive
Stick a qt chick on stage and you're more likely to get people's attention. Fuckthisgayearth.jpg
>>
>>53256218
You won't get respected of course, but you are wanted.
How long have you been playing/what is your skill level?
>>
>people always talking about how cool it would be to be in some succesful band, playing in front of thousands, stadium gigs etc
>all i want more than anything in the world is to play some simple songs i wrote myself to a small room of like 30 people and have them sing back

;_:
>>
>>53263619
any time i watch this it just makes me so sad.
this is just perfection to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1AluWkr4YY
>>
>tfw in a band that's popular on here but we've played two shows ever and we're extremely slow to release new material
>>
>>53263698
Nick and Drake?
>>
File: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (41KB, 421x550px) Image search: [Google]
flat,550x550,075,f.jpg
41KB, 421x550px
>tfw I was in a punk band but was kicked out after they realized I don't actually know how to play bass
>tfw they let me re-join after they kicked out the autist who replaced me because "having someone who can't play bass is better than someone with aspergers."
>>
>>53263698
Time Machine Modulus?
>>
>>53255518
While I agree, you come off as a salty non talented musician
>>
>>53255128
>tfw even if you were in one, it would never be as good as your daydreams
>>
>>53263793
Are you in the sex pistols
>>
File: QaYIpwYY5gQ.jpg (68KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
QaYIpwYY5gQ.jpg
68KB, 600x800px
>>53255128
>tfw been in a band in high school and quit because did not feel myself as a musician
>tfw returned in to the same band after about 5 years because had nothing to do and quit because their songs sucked
>tfw got sucked into a band of newbies and teach them things while not being able to walk away as they will die out by themselves without me and they are in a uni with me so I don't want to ruin relationships
>tfw been playing for more than 8 years and still can't do anything but boring riffs and covers
>tfw noot good for being is a serious band
>tfw never was a leader to create one or brave enough to join existing one
>tfw no bands\people in my city who want to play what I want to play
>tfw stagnation
>>
>>53263818
no
>>53263725
no
>>
I'm in a band. Bands are great fun.
If you stop posting your elitist shit and actually bother to learn the instruments you're talking about all day you'll find out too.
>>
>>53264018
Also, story time
>decide to start a school band with two friends
>after a while, time to record a song
>friends are a bit drunk, I feel funny too even without a drink, seems to be psychological
>have just basic equipment avaliable
>put a cheap 5$ computer mic between two guitar combos
>I lay down on the ground and stick my head near the mic to actually sing in the mic, making an equilateral triangle
>bass player has no bass so he plays regular 6-string
>start recording
>doing everything improvised
>no music no lyrics
>I lay down there trying to come up with lyrics
>I actually do
>time for a solo
>realise guitarist won't do anything and decided to start screaming as loud as I can
>those animal noises ffs
>my fucking throat hurts
>my fucking ears hurt
>song stops
>I actually say out loud in the mic "MY EARS, FOR FUCKS SAKE!" and we end up leaving it there
>tfw that was the best song I have ever created and the best band experience in my life
>>
>>53260433
starting a band with friends is fun, but it can really be a fucking chore when you're trying to push an idea but don't want to step on toes.
>>
>>53259404
>Who is Zhutcka?
>>
>>53263793
Sidney?
>>
File: Syd_Barrett_Abbey_Road_1975.jpg (7KB, 275x270px) Image search: [Google]
Syd_Barrett_Abbey_Road_1975.jpg
7KB, 275x270px
>>53263793
>tfw bass playing spergburgler
>>
>>53264045
just tell us
>>
>tfw multi-instrumentalist & singer
>tfw write all the parts to full band songs
>tfw perform with backing tracks
>tfw get all the attention that a full band would
Feels good
>>
>>53264525
It's nothing you guys actually discuss on a regular basic, I'm in Dead Cats and I post in SC/BC threads all the time. I only say 'well-known' because we have 700+ followers.
>>
Why would you want to be in a band in 2015 when you can just buy the instruments you want and a computer and do it all yourself

Bands are for fedora tippers
>>
>>53264610
Yeah, socializing with other people is totally fedora
>>
>>53255128
I'm a one man band, don't need other people since I'm talented as fuck anyway.
>>
File: -KdsGYh7t54.jpg (46KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
-KdsGYh7t54.jpg
46KB, 500x474px
>>53264692
>one man band
>live performances
>>
>>53264641
>carng more about socialising then the music

join a church or a non competitive soccer team if you got no friends pal
>>
File: 1420051078578.jpg (173KB, 995x641px) Image search: [Google]
1420051078578.jpg
173KB, 995x641px
>In a band
>Only play Gerogerigegege and GG Allin covers
>Once a man in the audience came on stage and pissed on everyone
>>
>>53256200
fuckin kek
>>
>>53263840
OK but I also like to make fun of people like you too.
>>
>>53255818
I play keys in a band, but I also play guitar, keys and work with samples in a project I´m starting now. I´ll show you guys a demo: https://soundcloud.com/ditchdays/nostalgia/s-N3AR5
>>
>>53265260
OP here,that's pretty chill
i like it
>>
>>53255128
Hey, I'm in a band

well, to be honest we suck huge dicks

and we havn't played in like a month

and I hate everyone involved

;______;
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.