[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aphex Twin is objectively one of the worst and overrated musicians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: chuckpee.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
chuckpee.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
Aphex Twin is objectively one of the worst and overrated musicians ever. He just releases mediocre/average tracks and everyone just eat that shit, like...

>hurr he can't fuck up! he's aphex twin! he's mozart reincarnated!

Syro and the recent ep were just an abomination, unlistenable garbage. Andy Stott and Vril are the future of electronic music. Let's face it, RDJ is a washed up has-been.

Prove me wrong.
Pro tip: you can't and you'll never.
>>
That is an atrocious beard.
>>
>objective
>worst
I don't even like him, but are you serious? That's not how objectivity works, no matter how much you want to emphasize how bad you think he is.
>>
Hes also a tool

>>53190831
95% of beards are hideous
>>
>>53190788
so your saying hes bad because hes past his prime but still releasing music?
>>
>>53190831
Irrelevant.

>>53190913
>music is subjective guys!
No.

>>53190940
Yeah Richard is a huge tool.
>>
doesnt matter what you think, hes still going to go down as one of the most important artists of our time.
>>
>>53190954
He's bad because he is a bad producer and irrelevant, trying to stay on top releasing shit material.
>>
>>53190996
>this is what rdj dickriders believe

Not surprised.
>>
>>53191014
>irrelevant
nah you just blew the thread now with delusions.
>>
Don't forget hes a sellout with that $500 "limited edition" version of his new album scam
>>
>>53190788
Literally 0 arguments on why he is bad. Step yo game up nigga or we'll be sure you're b8ing
>>
>>53190788
You are wrong, he is not Animal Collective
>>
>>53191095
>Literally 0 arguments

>mediocre/average tracks and everyone just eat that shit

Look, they're all bad, lazy, non-oustanding shit and yet fucktards like you praise him like Jesus Christ or someshit. Same goes for Syro which has 0 substance and no memorable tracks.
>>
>>53191186
nah, you're not even saying anything, just claims. Go ahead and explain your claims
>>
>>53190992
That's a really clever retort, but you simply do not understand what objectivity is. I would type things out, but just read this: http://www.iep.utm.edu/objectiv/

Basically opinions cannot be objective as they rely on the perciever of the object, the subject, to exist.
>>
>Andy Stott

electronic music is doing fine without trip hop 2.0, thanks
>>
File: adfadsfasdfasdf.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
adfadsfasdfasdf.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
>>53190788
apparently aphex twin is a hit in the autistic community
>>
>>53190788
Well you're objectively a dumbass so there's that.
>>
If you're going to troll at least try. Andy Stott owes a huuge debt to AFX, esxpecially on the title track of Faith in Strangers
>>
>>53191314
Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.

>>53191330
>Basically opinions cannot be objective

They can, though. An "artist" content should be measured in an objective way, so we can determine what is bad or good. AFX went from good from really, really bad. And is not an opinion, it's mostly a fact.

>>53191357
>Andy Stott
>trip hop

>Being this ignorant
>>
Why do tripfags always have the shittiest opinions? They just want some attention, don't they.
>>
>>53190788
>>53190992
>>53191014
>>53191186
>Irrelevant
>Mediocre

How about some actual criticism instead of just "hurr durr boring and average"

also learn what irrelevant means because you're using it wrong
>>
>>53191556
>from really

*to

>>53191464
Nice.

>>53191495
Great ad-hominem.

>>53191533
He's not influenced by Aphex, like at all. I know him and he told me Syro sucked ass. Maybe he likes his old stuff, idk.
>>
>>53191556
>Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.
No, you're the idiot here. All you do is post dumb claims with 0 reasoning. 0/10
>>
>>53191642
Ve a promover tu celular Xperia Z5 o algo a otro lado.
>>
>>53191642
Thanks for the complement man.
>>
>>53190788
Nice opinions
>>
>>53191556
I don't think that's correct, as good and bad do not objectively exist in that they are qualities which rely on the perciever to exist. What objective (that is to say, dealing strictly with reality and outside of any bias you may have) qualities do you judge artists by? Unless my interpretation is incorrect, it seems that the only thing about music that is objective is the make-up of its soundwaves, which doesn't relate to good or bad.
>>
>>53191642
lol if you can't hear AFX in that track you're as deaf as you are stupid
>>
Syro was good.
>>
>>53191664
But I just did, see the OP. Not claims, though. RDJ has released tracks of absolutely zero substance. I'm not alone on this one. Only dumb kids who recently discovered him say otherwise.

>>53191689
Es el mejor celular y tu lo sabes.

>>53191700
You're welcome.
>>
>>53191814
>RDJ has released tracks of absolutely zero substance.
That's a claim right there. You can call his recent material names all you want but you still haven't brought up an argument.
>>
>>53190992
Music is subjective, it can be analyzed, but its subjective.
Art is application of rules with a purpose, you can also purposely miss apply the rules, and make even better art. So if the rules can't define good, there's no way to define whats objectively best.
>>
File: IWT1r.jpg (119KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
IWT1r.jpg
119KB, 1280x800px
His only good albums were Selected Ambient Works 1 and 2. They had real emotional value and consistency as an entire album, unlike this screwy glitched and fucked drivel hes been putting out lately. Aphex and Autechre both have this thing where they shit out records of nothing but glitchy computer seizures with edgy unpronounceable names and pretend that it belongs in the same tier as classics Amber, Tri Repitae and SAW. You can show off how edgy and cool you are with your algorithmic compositions and fucked up glitches all you want but it doesn't make up for shitty songwriting and frankly the lack of imagination that the aformentioned classics display.
>>
>>53192000
Is Richard D James album seriously 2deep4u?
>>
>>53191856
>Stop insulting my favorite musician!

Keep crying about it, seriously, you're mad at this point.

>>53191865
Oh yeah, because these two are absolute masterpieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsRLV5BKFtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12Csc_lW0Q

Yes, why not? The second one is better than the classical composition. Is all subjective, guys!

>>53192000
Sure.
>>
He's pretty average/below average, /mu/ tweens circlejerk over him mostly because of his le epic mysterious image.
>>
>>53192153
Obviously common sense plays a role.
Some "art" does not intend to be art at all.
>>
>>53192153
>Keep crying about it, seriously, you're mad at this point.
I would be mad if you had at least one good argument but I'm getting tired of your "lelele you're so mad" faggotry. I give you one last chance to give me a thorough explanation on why you think RDJ's late material is shit. Otherwise you're just a dumb idiot who has no idea what he's talking about
>>
>>53192043
Compared to Drukqs, RDJ is a great album, but not my cup of coffee. Melodies from Mars was a great work too, it was consistently whimsical and silly, with melodies you could just cuddle (shame it was never officially released). I'm personally a fan of more ambient house oriented IDM than the Drum and Bass and glitch styles, so that probably explains my distaste for RDJ's current work more than anything. It's like hes trying to copy Squarepusher and failing at it.
>>
>>53192153
My god you're daft. Yes, it can be widely agreed upon that a song sucks, but that is an opinion and is not objective. Ii
>>
>>53192230
Why don't you explain to me why he's good, then? Go ahead, fanboy.
>>
good thread
>>
>>53192300
I never said he's good. You, however, started a pointless thread without a single argument other than just random insults that barely reach middle school level. You're the one bringing out the claims, show us that you are actually serious about your opinions and bring them out.
>>
>>53192161
Hes an edgemaster and a professional ass. While there are plenty of artists who are similarly assholes, RDJ would shit on a plate and laugh at the people eating it up. Hes a brilliant troll and can make some difficult sounding music for autists, but it really tarnishes the value of his past masterpieces. Sad thing is, everyone has pretty much given up hope of ever hearing another SAW album so RDJ being a rusemaster who makes shitty glitch IDM is all we have to hope for from the Aphex name.
>>
>>53192365
>Claims he's not good
>Starts a tl;dr rampage because "hurrr your arguments are claims because i say so"

Jesus, fuck off.
>>
You don't like music.
And you don't understand it.
Because you don't understand it.
>>
>>53192445
>Jesus, fuck off.
There we go. You have no balls at all. I hoped you will actually try to stand your point but you turned out to be just another 14 year old shitposting on a Taiwan tapestry imageboard.
>>
>>53192492
/thread
>>
>>53192492
Same goes for you. I stand correct, though. You can not even prove me wrong with any counterargument.

>those are just claims! it's bullshit!

Also you're pretty defensive for saying he's not even good. Closeted afx dickrider, everyone. Also I'm 36.
>>
File: 1421353279315.jpg (19KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1421353279315.jpg
19KB, 225x225px
>>53192706
>You can not even prove me wrong with any counterargument.
I still haven't seen an argument.
>Closeted afx dickrider, everyone.
Yeah, I'm done here. If you are truly 36 I believe you should reconsider some things in your life. For example, try educating yourself on leading a proper conversation without throwing in far fetched accusations based off your "brilliant" assumptions. This skill might be useful in the future for when, for example, you're looking for a job to get out of your mother's basement. Keep trying though, people are very amused by your efforts.
>>
>>53192706

haha you're older than me

i didn't think that was possible on this site
>>
>>53190788
>people don't think the way I do!
AHAHA ok that's your opinion but I like rdj. Although he sounds dated it doesn't matter to me. I enjoy it, and that's what music is really for
>>
>>53192882
> getting this b8ed
No need to be upset just enjoy what you like :^). The guy probably isn't even 36.
>>
Wow, OP really got rekt
>>
File: 1421353341009.png (24KB, 954x539px) Image search: [Google]
1421353341009.png
24KB, 954x539px
>>53192985
>thinking that it's not OP who was b8ed into showing how dumb he really is
I had him at "Jesus, fuck off.". Everything else was just for fun.
>>
>>53192882
Nice job falling for my bait. I'm 18, fuckwad.
>>
File: 1371118439317.jpg (101KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1371118439317.jpg
101KB, 650x650px
>>53193175
>>
File: 1417541332337.gif (395KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1417541332337.gif
395KB, 500x500px
>>53190788
>Aphex Twin is objectively
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>53193175
Lol we can tell
>>
Is Andy Stott /mu/'s newest memedance artist?
>>
>>53190788
>Objectively

When you say something like that it's your job to back it up first.
>>
>>53191790
damn dude you still post here? crazy

anyway rdj is pretty talented, namefags suck cock and fire is hot more at 11
>>
>>53190788
>yfw you realise 90% of the stuff famous artists release is only good because it was made by *famous artist*
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.