[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/prod/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1421941984112.jpg (72KB, 823x651px) Image search: [Google]
1421941984112.jpg
72KB, 823x651px
>I'm not the usual OP so I just searched the archive for the picture edition

Y'all know the drill.

Stuff:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles and stuff
http://pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - looking for contributors (wink, wink)
http://mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki//mu/sic_Production_Wiki
>>
I want that album or a /prod/ derivative
>>
File: lunga2morebeers.jpg (232KB, 885x886px) Image search: [Google]
lunga2morebeers.jpg
232KB, 885x886px
>>53141099
Just in time, was about to make a thread. Usual pasta:

Post the tracks you're working on, discuss general music composition. Learn how to deal with laptop stealing crooks and how to create a 3D model of a room using acoustic wave simulations.

Remember to use:
>clyp.it for WiPs
>soundcloud for completed tracks and getting called a fag for not going to soundcloud threads

We're making an album! (or trying to).
How to join:
>Take a good look at this picture
>Be inspired by it
>that's it
Anything goes, feel free to find anons to collab and have fun with in any way you want. Or just work solo. We're doing this for fun.

Previous thread: >>53101134
>>
File: Burlap Track.jpg (45KB, 363x362px) Image search: [Google]
Burlap Track.jpg
45KB, 363x362px
Hey friendos, so I've been working on this on/off since....

Uh...

At least 8 am if not earlier, currently 4:35 pm. Whatchu guise think? I'm pretty happy with what I've got down so far. Super cyberpunk pseudo-IDM breakbeat... or something.

https://clyp.it/ekvxul40
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 1102x762px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 1102x762px
>Tfw no qt OB gf
>>
>>53141311
I'd spin her pitch bend wheel, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>53141366
I'd modulate her frequency, if you catch my drift.
>>
>>53141414
I would listen to that sales representative's pitch, and pretend that I'm listening, in order to take a video of that woman. If you know what I am saying.
>>
>>53141290
It's top-notch fam. Good job; outta curiosity, what daw did you use. It sounds good. Next step would be to make it longer so it was more like a full song, less it's meant to be short like Nosaj Thing's tracks.

>>53141366
>>53141414
>>53141480
top kek memers out in full force today
>>
>>53141526
Oh it's not done by any means, still a pretty good ways to go on that.

I use Ableton Live and Renoise, this track being made in the former.

Thank you!
>>
lol i make 10 second beats sicker than my dead uncle and leave them unfinished forever
>>
>>53141819
if they're beats, just loop them for 5 minutes, subtract some tracks every few bars, and get a soundcloud rapper to go over them
>>
https://clyp.it/pn1yfmjc

>Directionless wannabe jamwriting

am I onto something or rewrite composition entirely?
>>
Check the wiki yo.
>>
Are there any good guides for making Chiptune?

I probably need to learn music theory, but i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on chiptune.

My brother listens to a lot of video game music and stuff tends to like melodic things. We almost never like any of the same music, and this semester once a weeks we drive to school together and take turns with music. I thought it would be cool if I made a chiptune album of stuff he would like and played it for him in the car at the end of the semester without telling him it's me.
>>
>>53142768
I should mention I use Renoise already so I have that going for me.
>>
>>53142768
Could you post an example of a chiptune song?
>>
>>53141819
me too kinda, except i usually get like 1-1.5 min and i want it to be a full fledged song with multiple parts and bridges. I only get decent results about 20% of the time. it sucks especially when you have a song you like and you just don't know what to do besides loop it. When I get bored of listening to it, i'll pitch it down or slow it down makes me feel kinda uncreative.

https://clyp.it/5cec0zto
>>
Post your favorite vsts
Arturia mini moog
Psp vintage warmer
Master verb
>>
>>53143035
don't tell me what to do

camelcrusher
sq8L
one with a shitton of knobs that I think is FM synthesis, I don't remember
and NI's replika reverb that they gave out for free is pretty good.

also I hate how kontakt works
>>
>>53141311
she could play with my knob if you know what I mean
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.