[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a more stagnating genre that hasn't changed over 40

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: yawn.jpg (87KB, 1103x649px) Image search: [Google]
yawn.jpg
87KB, 1103x649px
Name a more stagnating genre that hasn't changed over 40 years.

you know you can't.
>>
>>53060443
Vaporwave
>>
>>53060443
Rock
Jazz
>>
>>53060443
straight ahead rock
>>
>>53060451
>40 years
>>
>>53060443
Western classical, litterally all they do is playing music since thousands of years, we got it faggots now move on to something else like Cage did
>>
>>53060453
>>53060455
>rock

From Buddy Holly to Radiohead or GY!BE, there is virtually nothing the same

>>53060453
>Jazz

Big band and free jazz are so wildly different its hilarious
>>
>>53060466
Cage still falls under the Western Art Music umbrella, all modern classical does.
>>
>>53060459
Well has it changed in the past 40 years?
>>
>>53060483
Ask me again in 39 years when/if its existed that long.
>>
>>53060453
>Jazz
modern jazz is so different to the jazz of the 60's. are you retarded or just ignorant?
>>
Sadly Funk hasn't changed much
>>
Pop
>>
>>53060467
I still don't understand why people use the term "jazz" to describe big bands

it's literally the exact opposite of what jazz is supposed to be... it's like playing rock in a big band and calling it a "rock concert"
>>
>>53060498
I dunno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqjjiN-d5g
>>
>>53060506
Yes, don't know what those people are doing in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2VCwBzGdPM
>>
>>53060526
Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>53060443
>my thread started a bunch of shit posting threads

LOVIN IT
>>
>>53060548
Too many /tv/ pedos in the last one.
>>
>>53060506
>it's literally the exact opposite of what jazz is supposed to be
what do you mean?
>>
>>53060487
Thanks for proving my point
>>
Shoegaze.
>>
>>53060565
Thats a subgenre, rock is the equal to hip hop of which shoegaze is just one of many variations.
>>
File: cover.jpg (395KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
395KB, 1200x1200px
Eurobeat
>>
>>53060540
yes, because one of the greatest jazz musicians playing with a support band is exactly the same as most big band music.

>>53060557
big bands are much closer to orchestras. the musicians usually hide their power levels in order to support the "big band sound".

jazz to me is a very free form of improvisation performed by several musicians live on stage, very loosely (usually harmonically) based on a few standards

big bands is a bunch of musicians playing sheet music with an occasional fill and maybe one extremely limited and boring solo.
>>
>>53060600
A big band is a type of musical ensemble that originated in the United States and is associated with jazz and the Swing Era typically consisting of percussion, brass, and woodwind instruments totalling approximately 12 to 25 musicians. The terms jazz band, jazz ensemble, jazz orchestra, stage band, society band, and dance band may describe this type of ensemble in particular contexts.

>to me
no1currs
>>
>>53060589
Electronic subgenre.
>>
>>53060612
nigga have you even heard a big band

and have you been to a jazz show in a bar

if you can't see the difference, you are retarded

they are playing the same standards, yes. That's about the only similarity.
>>
>>53060600
Big band free jazz exists.
>>
>>53060600
>big bands is a bunch of musicians playing sheet music with an occasional fill and maybe one extremely limited and boring solo.
Maybe that was the case durign the 20's, but during the 50's (or even the 40's) big bands became much more free and with a lot of solos.
>>
>>53060625
>A big band is a type of musical ensemble that originated in the United States and is associated with jazz
>Stylistic origins - Jazz, swing (in 1930s)
>>
>>53060622
Electronic is not a genre!
>>
>>53060443
I can tell an style

>field recordings
>>
>>53060641
From badger mating calls to melting Arctic icebergs, how are they remotely similar?
>>
>>53060639
You're right we should just call it computer music
>>
Get back to your thread
>>
>>53060633

eh, maybe I was to the wrong big band shows then

I still stand to my point - if you have more than 5 instruments, you have to have a rigid structure in the band, or it will sound like shit

in a four member jazz band, there is no need for structure, as each of the instruments (drums, bass, piano, sax) perform a different role, have a different sound that no one else is using. If there are seven hornists and five people playing the trumpet, you have to have a fucking structure or it will sound like shit. It's not improvisation any more, it's not fluid, it's not jazz.

also amount of solos has literally nothing to do with music quality or classification. you should know that.
>>
>>53060649
Also not a genre!!!!
>>
>>53060665
Eurobeat would fall under disco
>>
>>53060661
>If there are seven hornists and five people playing the trumpet, you have to have a fucking structure or it will sound like shit.
so? what's wrong with having a structure? most jazz is based on structures and there's nothing wrong with it. The Big Band usually just plays the heads and sometimes they join in a solo, there's not THAT much difference between a big band and a sextet. It's just very structured which is not inherently a bad thing.
>>
Rap is based around stealing other people's work

It's impossible for it to grow

Every genre that contains salvageable sample parts has been raided at this point

It's why hip hop has moved onto trap and I honestly prefer it

Trap actually has some good vocal melodies and it's more emotional both instrumentally and vocally

It's more genuine to me then real rap
>>
>>53060685
disco's gay
>>
>>53060731
Whats that got to do with this thread?
>>
>>53060622
>>53060649
>>53060685
>>53060718
This is b8.
>>
>>53060745
shit posting is fun
>>
>>53060718
>Trap actually has some good vocal melodies and it's more emotional both instrumentally and vocally

10/10 would shitpost again
>>
>>53060443
are you kidding me? compare kurtis blow to rae sremmurd or like OG Maco or even fucking death grips or blackie or smth
hip hop has changed a LOT
>>
>>53060718
wow boy golly do you not know shit about music
>>
>>53060718
Adding a letter doesn't make it a new genre.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.