[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about this? It's tied with Tetsuo & Youth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: Joey_Badass_B4.Da.$$.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Joey_Badass_B4.Da.$$.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
Can we talk about this?

It's tied with Tetsuo & Youth as my current HHAOTY and really AOTY in general, not that it has a ton of competition (yet).

I wasn't expecting a whole lot after hearing 1999 but it's actually really, really good. He spits fire, the production is nice (it's like a blend of the 90s aesthetic but with more modern sounds) and he's lyrical too, "conscious" like Kendrick.

I seriously think Joey could be the next big thing if critics are good to him.
>>
File: cover.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
I didn't care for either of those albums.

this is wayyy better than both combined
>>
He already is the next big thing. This new wave of rappers like Flatbush, Underachievers, A$AP mob and Pro Era are what's in right now. They give the kids who think Migos and Chief Keef are stupid something to listen to.
>>
>>52948118
Yung Simmie fell off so hard, get out.
>>
>>52948140
>mad
lol ayyy
>>
File: cover.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
rap AOTY so far is Beast Mode.

>>52948121
the kids who think Chief Keef is boring are rap Young Republicans who don't understand emotion or songwriting or texture or anything that isn't BARS.
>>
Piece of Mind is best song. The 2nd guy ruined Escape 120 for me
>>
>>52948070
>Tetsuo & Youth

lupe is dead get over it
>>
>>52948118
>>52948070
And they say metal is for children lmao
>>
>>52948121
All of those NY rappers you mentioned pretty much killed their own hype by not releasing anything good past 2012-2013. They had a huge chance to capitalize on their internet success and make into the big leagues, but instead they choose to cater to kids on the internet that have the time to go nitpicking through every single lyric. That being said, I think Joey definitely did a good job on this album. I'm glad he's not trying to stick solely to the 90's era of rap.
>>
>>52948912
Adding on to this, A$AP and Joey are the only ones that actually have a chance to continue to make it big. I'm still waiting on New York to actually define its scene though and for some artist to actually break out and have huge mainstream success. Nobody cares about that third eye indigo get high and realize bullshit.
>>
>>52948118
People actually listen to Yung Simmie?
>>
>>52948118

You are one of the worst namefags on this board so I am going to entirely disregard your opinion.

>>52948243

Beast Mode is a fun album but let's be honest, it's Ray Sremmurd-tier ignant autotune trap shit. The only thing that really saves it from being awful is the Zethoven production.

Also I can't tell if you're joking about Keef.
>>
>>52948070
this and Tetsuo&Youth are the only hip hop albums I've listened to, but B4.D4.$$ is better so I guess it's HHAOTY

about what I expected. Some good rhymes but overall just sounds dated
>>
File: bruh!.jpg (85KB, 604x513px) Image search: [Google]
bruh!.jpg
85KB, 604x513px
>>52949130
Zaytoven's going a lot of the heavy lifting here, but let's not act as if there's not more emotion on any given 20 seconds of "Just Like Bruddas" than there is anywhere on the Joey Bada record.

and if you thought i was joking about Keef i don't know what to say to you.
>>
>>52948070
B4.DA.$$ is my current HHAOTY, and it's also the only 2015 hip hop album in my library so take that as you will. I'm about to listen to Stoned & Dethroned, so we'll see if Nacho and BSBD take him down.

Overall, it was pretty good, not great. Joey's consistency is kind of a double edged sword. You know you're getting good quality every time (the dude has never made a bad song), but he also never surprises you with anything interesting. He has a high floor and a low ceiling, which kind of limits his potential. The lyrics and rapping were phenomenal as usual, but the production was uninspired a lot of the time. Overall, it was pretty tame and safe, but quite good. On par with his other work. I don't see him as the next big thing though.
>>
>>52948121

I meant that he could blow up like Kendrick or something.
>>
>>52948121

>new wave

welcome to 2012
>>
>>52949951
I don't think anyone will really match him in the next 5-10 years, but Joey could definitely find a place in the game like Danny Brown or Kid Cudi
>>
this album rules
>>
I know it's kind of a cliche at this point, but to have the chops to make an album like this at 19 years is pretty remarkable. He's guaranteed to make a 10/10 classic by the time he's 30.
>>
>>52948912
>I think Joey definitely did a good job on this album. I'm glad he's not trying to stick solely to the 90's era of rap
But that's what B4DA$$ was. It was pure 90s shit
>>
>>52948070
its a boring album. joey isnt a bad rapper but his sound is so fucking recycled and he just doesn't have the flow nor the content to capture an audience larger than the backpackers to whom he owes his fame
>>
>>52949130
>implying Rae Sremmurd didn't just drop a good album
>>
>>52948070
Links for this and Tetsuo and Youth???
>>
>>52952130
dont have tetsuo and youth
http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/bfPSyRsv/file.html
>>
>>52952183
i appreciate the love, homie
>>
>>52949130
>You are one of the worst namefags on this board so I am going to entirely disregard your opinion.
Glad someone finally caught on.
>>
>>52949246
>You know you're getting good quality every time (the dude has never made a bad song), but he also never surprises you with anything interesting. He has a high floor and a low ceiling
That is literally the best way to put it
Listened all the way through to 1999, Summer Knights and B4.DA.$$ while studying
All the songs sort of blended together
Could not tell the end of one album from the beginning of the other really
(even if B4.DA.$$ > 1999 > Summer Knights)
>>
>>52950221

Confirmed for never even listening to a 90s hip-hop album.

>>52951073

>
>>
>>52949245
Why do you think chief keef is good?
>>
>>52952423
I mean 1999 is pretty distinct from the other two as it really lacks that whole raspy angry voice he does a lot on Summer Knights but otherwise yea, you're kinda right.

But I don't really mind, Joey could serenade me with his smooth flows over even smoother beats all fucking day and I wouldn't care.
>>
>>52950221
Seems like you have no idea what a 90s album sounds like or you didn't actually listen to Joey's new album.
>>
>>52952423

I don't understand how you can think this, the rapping AND production on B4.DA.$$ is COMPLETELY different than on 1999.
>>
>>52954087
Production yea, but I'd argue the rapping. Lyrically Joey has grown a bit and is tackling more interesting topics but his flow is very similar, aside from songs like Big Dusty where he decided to do that more 'raw' NY flow.

Great album nonetheless, one of my biggest disappointments though is the chorus to Piece of Mind. If he took that outro and made it into the hook it would make the song 1000x better. I just don't think people like Joey or Nehru do hooks well at all.
>>
I really like it. I especially like the Caribbean influences, like on No 99. I hope he continues to do this in his future work. I'm sure he's not the first to do it but it really freshens up the album and gives it some more identity.
>>
anyone else hate this wiggers that started listening to rap like 3 years ago and bump keef gucci migos future all day long? what the fuck is wrong with you people.
>>
this album is fine and everything but can't compare to T&Y

Kendrick and Ye are probably the only ones that can beat it.
>>
>>52952234
just out of curiosity how much did you like B4DA$$?
>>
Most stuff he's put out since 1999 has paled in comparison for me. I'm glad he didn't throw that weird raspy voice flow into this album like he did on Summer Knights. It was pretty decent, but nothing life changing
>>
The beats are mostly good, but Joey has no personality and is hardly talking about anything. This is so mediocre it hurts
>>
>>52958642
this
>>
The one thing I kinda wonder about, how old are some of these tracks?
>>
>>52959229
At most a year I'm guessing, I remember him complaining about wanting to release the album much earlier but sample clearances and shit delayed it so he just decided to release it on his birthday.
>>
Who is Raury and why is he trying so fucking hard to be Andre 3000?
>>
>>52959598
He made a really shitty project recently and that's all I know about him.
>>
>>52959289
No way. He's definitely been saving up for his debut album since the 1999 sessions.

I always wonder about Joey's longevity and creativity after STEEZ's death
>>
File: 5547061.jpg (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
5547061.jpg
57KB, 300x300px
Better than I expected, nothing outstanding but it's a good listen front to back; very consistent.

Pic related is HHAOTY though.
>>
so im high right and im listening to B4DA$$ all like "lets fucking do it dude this fella was the knees he kinda fell off but ya know give it a listen" this nigger sounds like a try hard 12 year old
>>
File: guccimessiah.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
guccimessiah.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>52948070
>>52948070
>>52948070
but where the leak at yo!!!!!

link blease!
>>
>>52960505
kek

>>52960514
Archive.
>>
>>52960505
update:
solid 2/10 album we have here, fellas. it seems as if he is creatively lame and real try hard. its like he said "man i want to make a cool album" and he really made a shitty album but he was all hyped about it. but no one told him its bad hes just kinda listening to it vibbing out hard with everyone too scared to ruin joeys happy high.
>>
>>52948070
>Tied with Tetsuo & Youth as my current HHAOTY
Lupe blew Joey's album in to the trash the moment it leaked
>>
>>52960514
retards like you shouldnt dont deserve the link
>>
>>52961176
>shouldnt dont

looks like you're both remedial
>>
>>52959598
rap game mumford & sons
>>
>>52961228
i guess.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.